Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos (12997 Views)

APC Hails Inko-tariah’s Courage In “dumping Wike’s Sinking Ship” / Ribadu - Nigeria’s Sinking Ship And The Way Forward / Lagos State Is Sinking In A Sea Of Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 28, 2012
I woke up when the rain started around 2a.m and it didn`t take a long time to start noticing some areas were already getting floaded.
Here are a few i Pictures i managed to take with my phone around Yaba. Happy to see a few people got inspired and started snapping away.
Let`s document this and share if you have any pictures of floaded areas in Lagos.

Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 28, 2012
Please share the really bad spots you have seen.

Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by inspirenet: 10:20am On Jun 28, 2012
smiley

1 Like

Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by mukina2: 10:33am On Jun 28, 2012

1 Like

Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Tolulopeze(m): 10:36am On Jun 28, 2012
Pandemonium broke loose in sango ota ogun state as water has flooded the whole area check the video here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=5lKLI2p_KOA & http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=Yu68dv700EA and http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=SxwGO9BF3EQ what do you think about the situation??
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Afam4eva(m): 10:37am On Jun 28, 2012
Lagos is the worse city when it rains. Nothing can be done to salvage the situation. The effect can only be minimized.
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Rastamann: 10:40am On Jun 28, 2012
Eko onibaje o! Abi se otibaje? Lagos for show!
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by yemstok(m): 10:43am On Jun 28, 2012
@protegesol...........Dats YABATECH Right? Faculty of Engineering (C.E Building)
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Effwazobia: 10:44am On Jun 28, 2012
afam4eva: Lagos is the worse city when it rains. Nothing can be done to salvage the situation. The effect can only be minimized.

Nwanne I beg to differ, a lot could actually be done to salvage and also AVOID the situation. It is simple, open up the drains that leads to the canals. Bulldoze houses on the paths of the drains that lead to the canals.
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Afam4eva(m): 10:52am On Jun 28, 2012
Effwazobia:

Nwanne I beg to differ, a lot could actually be done to salvage and also AVOID the situation. It is simple, open up the drains that leads to the canals. Bulldoze houses on the paths of the drains that lead to the canals.
No, that's where the problem is. How many houses are you going to bulldoze? Millions of lagosians will be affected if this was to be followed.
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 28, 2012
This simply means that Lagos will soon turn to an ocean, maybe Lagos Ocean and I will have to be going to the beach. I have never seen such floods in my life.
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by mukina2: 10:54am On Jun 28, 2012
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 28, 2012
Lagos will soon be a city on stilts. y'all r gonna be swimming to work or riding in motor boats- Molue motorboats Or U could just get a big @$$ed canoe n paddle 2 work. cool
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by stepo707: 10:59am On Jun 28, 2012
@ mukina2 which area is that with people paddling with canoe. grin
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by gegee(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2012
na wa o that water is just ankle deep what do they need a canoe for
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Mcleo007(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2012
It still beats my imagination that simple flood situations in most urban areas of this country become a 'big deal'. Every sane urban area should have proper drainage collection units. Na wa ooooo. Only God will happen if we experience the mighty flooding and landslides often experienced abroad.
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 28, 2012
@Yemstock. That`s right. The whole place was a pool of water just this morning.
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 28, 2012
mukina2: [img]http://yfrog.com/nucqqtdj:iphone[/img]
Why are those people in a canoe anyway, the flood doesnt seem deep enough to warrant use of canoe....I see Mukina2 standing there...and the water doesnt get to his waist..

1 Like

Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by joshuaidibia(m): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2012
MEHN! Lasgidy is so fukd up. undecidedMEHN! Lasgidy is so fukd up.
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Biggyd2: 11:19am On Jun 28, 2012
Not funny at all. In my former apartment, there was a time when one man decided blocked off the canal near our compound. He said he wanted to stop the rains from destroying the goods in his warehouse. And there came this rain! Our furniture were just floating in the water that gushed into the apartment. All our electronics and many items were condemned. The only good thing was that the police arrested the man and he later opened up the canal.That's how we started looking for a house. I made sure the new one is on a hill. Still can't get over that nightmare.
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by omosexy1: 11:23am On Jun 28, 2012
afam4eva:
No, that's where the problem is. How many houses are you going to bulldoze? Millions of lagosians will be affected if this was to be followed.

afam4eva:

The right thing must be done whether it affects millions or billions of people or houses. Compromise now is no longer negotiable. It is a shame that after what happened last year, Lagos has failed to do anything reasonable. The situation is just going to get worse, till millions begin to lose their lives as a result of heavy rainfall. This same negligence and stupid attitude also cut across the traffic situation in Lagos. The government saw the disease (okadas and tricycles a.k.a keke naptep) infecting Lagos and they allow the disease to flourish. Now it is turning into a cancer that is incurable. Also, commercial drivers have taken the law into their hands and they park their vehicles anywhere. Lagos which is suppose to be a model to copy is now a city of shame with slumps, ghettos, hoodlums, social miscreants and lawless citizens. Lagos don spoil finish beyond redemption. Fashola should note.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 28, 2012
gboss4sure: This simply means that Lagos will soon turn to an ocean, maybe Lagos Ocean and I will have to be going to the beach. I have never seen such floods in my life.

Everything in Lagos is crazy. Crazy traffic, Crazy people, Crazy rains, Crazy floods.
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by jsheng(m): 11:35am On Jun 28, 2012
Babzilla:

Everything in Lagos is crazy. Crazy traffic, Crazy people, Crazy rains, Crazy floods.

you dey among d crazy pple (wereee)

1 Like

Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by stagger: 11:36am On Jun 28, 2012
Abeg, who is the owner of those auto-submersibles in the last picture? The owner no faint? shocked

This is why I like my Abj. Nothing like flooding anywhere!
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Pergrace: 11:41am On Jun 28, 2012
joshua idibia: MEHN! Lasgidy is so fukd up. undecidedMEHN! Lasgidy is so fukd up.

Bros, cool down nah... grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 28, 2012
One of the so called drainage canals along Yaba Road.

Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 28, 2012
Babzilla:

You are right in a way, but depends on the part of Lagos you know, my zone isnt that crazy...
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by omosexy1: 11:46am On Jun 28, 2012
Billyonaire: You are right in a way, but depends on the part of Lagos you know, my zone isnt that crazy...

Abeg all part of lagos is crazy. It is a crazy place to live. If you have actually lived outside Nigeria you will understand. Mad city, one of the worse urban cities in the world. No planning, no coordination, no law, over populated, houses built anywhere, everywhere. WTF

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by Pergrace: 11:56am On Jun 28, 2012
omosexy1:

Abeg all part of lagos is crazy. It is a crazy place to live. If you have actually lived outside Nigeria you will understand. Mad city, one of the worse urban cities in the world. No planning, no coordination, no law, over populated, houses built anywhere, everywhere. WTF

bros, your body dey hot.. grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by omosexy1: 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2012
Pergrace:

bros, your body dey hot.. grin grin grin

I tell you mek we talk truth abeg without any spice. Las Gidi is a fuucked up place. The disorganization is just so terrible and the governor dey mek noise, people dey clap for am sey him dey try (what kind of eye service is that Jesus) no him job he dey do and the guy no dey even do am well (leave him job to dey clamour for criminalization of post-natal negligence). Lagos used to be a high-brow city in the 19th century, what happened to it?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Lagos Sinking Photos by mukina2: 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2012
Surulere

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insurgency: Commanding Officer Disowns Fraud Petition To Jonathan / Hadiza Bala Usman For Minister / Nigeria In Big Trouble As IPOB Takes This Bold Step PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.