Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,681 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks (8464 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To End Fuel Scarcity In The North In 2 Weeks- NNPC / Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east / APC Crisis: Buhari Moves To Pacify Tinubu With More Ministerial Nominees-Tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Jeel: 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2012
(AGI) Abuja - Pledging peace before Ramadan, Nigeria's National Security Advisor, Sambo Dasuki, visits Damaturu and Maiduguri.
Defying Boko Haram's hold on the two north Nigerian cities, the President's freshly appointed security advisor kicked off his 2-day visit with a strong message, submitting "Head of State Goodluck Jonathan is vowing to restore peace and normality prior to Ramadan's start," in three weeks' time. Recently published Nigerian government reports hold Boko Haram responsible for the deaths of 1,600 people since 2009. . .

http://www.agi.it/english-version/world/elenco-notizie/201206291508-pol-ren1049-nigerian_security_s_dasuki_vows_to_pacify_north_in_3_weeks

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by kunlekunle: 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2012
we knew he marked the spot to dig
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Jeel: 3:25pm On Jun 29, 2012
Can he realy do this?Or is he pacifying them for the ramadan period alone or for a while to rise again later.Wha we need is at least 95% eliminatn of these rats in Gadafi's words

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Afam4eva(m): 3:47pm On Jun 29, 2012
This guy should be sacked with immediate alacrity. This is just one of talks meant to cool the nerves of Nigerians. Has he forgotten that Jonathan mentioned june sometime ago.
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by DuduNegro: 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2012
It's a spin. It is the tradition of bokoharam to lay their weapons down during Ramadan anyway and then when the season is over they go back to business. So they are capitalizing on that as a government policy. BS!! Anyway, why is Dasuki able to go to these areas and GEJ cannot?

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Joey82(m): 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
Gosh, he already started on the wrong footing.
those boko guyz hate people that vow to stop them.
they dont do yanga, they put action.
i hope dasuki does same.
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by canuck(m): 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
Free Ramadan ram for everyone, or whatever will work, he should do it!

The solution is definitely not JTF - It's something more sublime.

I sincerely hope Dasuki solves this. That will be a huge win for GEJ.

We can then tackle productive and developmental issues.

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by unclebros: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
Me thinks we all should pray that Dansuki will be part of who God will use to end this mass killings. Remember He can use anyone smiley

4 Likes

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by maclatunji: 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2012
Dudu_Negro: It's a spin. It is the tradition of bokoharam to lay their weapons down during Ramadan anyway and then when the season is over they go back to business. So they are capitalizing on that as a government policy. BS!! Anyway, why is Dasuki able to go to these areas and GEJ cannot?

One has liver, the other doesn't.

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by maclatunji: 3:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
canuck: Free Ramadan ram for everyone, or whatever will work, he should do it!

The solution is definitely not JTF - It's something more sublime.

I sincerely hope Saduki solves this. That will be a huge win for GEJ.

We can then tackle productive and developmental issues.

LOL.
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by canuck(m): 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2012
afam4eva: This guy should be sacked with immediate alacrity. This is just one of talks meant to cool the nerves of Nigerians. Has he forgotten that Jonathan mentioned june sometime ago.

Dasuki's statement sounds like a hasty thing to say coming from someone who was last active in intelligence matters 20 years ago.

But then, he may know what we don't know.

The next few days will tell.

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Beaf: 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2012
I'm getting tired of the silly remarks some people post without thinking. NL is a forum many foreigners use, yet we Nigerians use it as a means to portray ourselves as completely instinctive and utterly lacking in cerebral abilities.

This has to stop. For goodness sake, we are talking about life and death here.

I wish Dasuki goodluck and pray that he succeeds. He must have a couple of levers he can pull, because 3 weeks is a very short time and his promise is very confident.
Lets hope the senseless killings come to an end.

5 Likes

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by dasparrow: 4:04pm On Jun 29, 2012
unclebros: Me thinks we all should pray that Dansuki will be part of who God will use to end this mass killings. Remember He can use anyone smiley

Yep!
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by kokoA(m): 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2012
Anything to end this mass killing of our people abeg.. Even if it means begging them. Enough of the killings.

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by koruji(m): 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2012
Look who's talking now.

I would ver much like to see your cerebral capability at work when u reply to this message and others on NL.

Beaf: I'm getting tired of the silly remarks some people post without t
hinking. NL is a forum many foreigners use, yet we Nigerians use it as a means to portray ourselves as completely instinctive and utterly lacking in cerebral abilities.

I wish Dasuki goodluck and pray that he succeeds. He must have a couple of levers he can pull, because 3 weeks is a very short time and his promise is very confident.

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Paentera(m): 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2012
Jeel: (AGI) Abuja - Pledging peace before Ramadan, Nigeria's National Security Advisor, Sambo Dasuki, visits Damaturu and Maiduguri.
Defying Boko Haram's hold on the two north Nigerian cities, the President's freshly appointed security advisor kicked off his 2-day visit with a strong message, submitting "Head of State Goodluck Jonathan is vowing to restore peace and normality prior to Ramadan's start," in three weeks' time. Recently published Nigerian government reports hold Boko Haram responsible for the deaths of 1,600 people since 2009. . .

http://www.agi.it/english-version/world/elenco-notizie/201206291508-pol-ren1049-nigerian_security_s_dasuki_vows_to_pacify_north_in_3_weeks

Something tells me that Dasuki no longer will enjoy the previous privilegdges enjoyed by his ancestors where they talk and the followers listen. It seems the government can't see that these are rebels. Its that plain and simple. I hope he's now waylaid and assassinated for speaking instead of acting.
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Pennywise(m): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2012
Let us hope the new NSA knows what he is talking about because our president clearly doesnt.

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by ebamma(m): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2012
na today after ramadan u will be telling us before christmas.
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2012
Why is BEAF so dumb and f.o.o.lish?
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by jmaine: 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2012
Dasuki suggested and advocated for dialogue with Boko Haram . . . .saw this on channelsTV website, but sadly the links were not working earlier today to start a topic . . .

Does his 3 weeks promise rely on his boko haram amnesty suggestion undecided . . .
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Delafruita(m): 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2012
Beaf: I'm getting tired of the silly remarks some people post without thinking. NL is a forum many foreigners use, yet we Nigerians use it as a means to portray ourselves as completely instinctive and utterly lacking in cerebral abilities.

as in seriously,you now realise foreigners visit nairaland.i didnt think you knew that or how does one account for the fact that you go out your way to paint anything ACN or southwest as been backward,rascally and fetish.afterall aregbesola is also a nigerian who happens to be a leader of a section of nigerians.or probably your vituperous utterances with regards to the opposition is a symbol of cerebral acumen

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Beaf: 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2012
Delafruita:
as in seriously,you now realise foreigners visit nairaland.i didnt think you knew that or how does one account for the fact that you go out your way to paint anything ACN or southwest as been backward,rascally and fetish.afterall aregbesola is also a nigerian who happens to be a leader of a section of nigerians.or probably your vituperous utterances with regards to the opposition is a symbol of cerebral acumen

No need to lie, bro. Its daft and desperate. Thank you.
Now, make Nigeria proud by coming across as a thinker with morals and discipline.

Critical thinking is one of the badges of cerebral ability, please learn to stay on topic (Dasuki vs boko haram). Don't shame us further.
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by markdacas: 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2012
Dudu_Negro: It's a spin. It is the tradition of bokoharam to lay their weapons down during Ramadan anyway and then when the season is over they go back to business. So they are capitalizing on that as a government policy. BS!! Anyway, why is Dasuki able to go to these areas and GEJ cannot?
. Remember UN Building bombing incident, that was during Ramadan. These guys don't give a damn.

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2012
He really said that?
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Skypilot: 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2012
Well, this won't βε̲̣ surprising really. The reason Ȋ̝̊̅ said it won't βε̲̣ surprising βε̲̣ say, my people said ãήϑ Ȋ̝̊̅ quote "omo ina la n ran s'ina" Ȋ̝̊̅ beg people help me interpret this in oyibo...

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by nduchucks: 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2012
One would hope that some of the subsidy monies diverted for wrongful purposes will find their way into Dasuki's control to be used for proper easing of meaningful dialogue, immediate ceasefire, and retraining of the marginalized youths in the troubled areas.
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Sage1: 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2012
Scaaaaammm dey want christians to calm down during dis der fasting period.so dat dey can enjoy peace. sad undecided we won't b fooled oooooo
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Chyz2: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2012
Beaf: I'm getting tired of the silly remarks some people post without thinking. NL is a forum many foreigners use, yet we Nigerians use it as a means to portray ourselves as completely instinctive and utterly lacking in cerebral abilities.

Aww sniff sniff cry. . .Dude, you are the main one insulting people on this forum just for the simple fact that their opinion is not in favor of your bread-winner,Goodluck Jonathan. When NURTW are constatly killing themselves in the SW you say nothing concerning the loss of life or comment moves made by the governors to stop the killings. When cult groups in SE and the SS go around killing themselves you say nothing so all of a sudden you care about lives?? Lets not mention that its because your mster Jonathan just appointed him. I could have sworn ur the same BEAF that constantly call northerners parasites,etc so why the change with this man?

Kepp deceiving yourself.
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Akanbiedu(m): 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2012

I am sure those foreigners don't see those Ilaje pictures as part of Nigeria.

Eranko
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by boyendowed(m): 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
I remember when suicide bombings first started in Israel,when buses and markets were turned to scenes of mass murder.The Israelis looked for the bomb maker Yahya Ayyash and assassinated him by planting a bomb in his phone.To defeat boko haram,we need to follow a similar approach.Find the bomb makers,find the sponsors and eliminate the leadership.
This is why JTF is not enough.We need a good intelligence agency similar to mossad or CIA but unfortunately we have none.

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by teskyg: 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2012
Dasuki is starting on a wrong foot by appealing to BOko Haram.They don't deserve to leave cos they have taken many lives.They should be smoke out and publicly executed.Animals
Re: Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks by Johnny(m): 5:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
Who‘s talking about pacification here?You are appointed to fish out the kingpins of the sect and send them to the gallow.....You want to pacify them for Ramadan;after that then what?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Congratulates Obama On Election Victory / Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. / My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.