Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

I Am Sick And Tired! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Sick And Tired! (880 Views)

I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? / If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! / Ibb Is Sick and admitted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Sick And Tired! by Sweetlemon(f): 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2012
Of praise singers and sympathizers of politicians. Those who have for one reason or the other refused bluntly to tell their heros the truth. This is one of the major reasons why Nigeria has remained stagnant. Too many praise singers around our politicians, the noise of their praise singing drowns the cries of the masses, the larger population who see no reason to dance to the drums of the prasie singers.

I am tired of the excuses these praise singers give for their heros.
1. they say "he is not a magician, one year is not enough, he needs more time"- Pray tell, but during that one year of his tenure, did he not collect salary? why can't he then do something to show for the salaries and allowances?? If one year is not enough to show something TANGIBLE that we can see, feel, and even touch with our hands, then I am sorry, one year is also not enough to collect salary and allowances. Chikena!

2. They say "Nigerians are very impatient, Nigerians are hard to please"- oh really? Impatient? so waiting for years and decades (even as things worsen by the day) for politicians to fulfill their promises is impatient? oh! I see! please go and try saying that the Americans. Go and tell them to be patient with Obama on his health care and other tax-payers related policies. Tell them that Obama still has another 4 years to rule so they should be patient and wait without complaining. Tell them to vote him in again because he is a black man or becuase he gave them promises to fulfill them in in his 2nd term. Whatever they say, please take that as the reason why America is where it is today.

From what I know about Nigerians, like other Africans, we really are not so difficult to please. Just give us a comfortable bed to sleep on and we are cool. In Nigeria, any president that can solve our electricity problems will win the hearts of most of us. In fact, such a president does not have to do any other thing and most of us will fall at his feet and worship him. FACT.

You sypathizers should get it into your heads that Nigerians are crying out loud now because things have gotten just too much for us to bear. We are tired of being punished because of some cabals who make up just about 1% of 150million people. We are tired of hearing of billions, (not millions anymore) disappearing and nobody does nothing. We are tired of hearing of accidents cause by bad roads, We are tired of hearing of plane crashes caused by faulty planes, who the hell are those in charge these and why the hell are they not getting sacked AND prosecuted?? We are sick and tired of seeing people die, sick and tired of hearing somebody say that Boko haram has members in his cabinet yet he does nothing to fish them out while the rest of us die one by one. We are sick and tired of cosmetic surgery, we need total healing. And the time to ask for it is NOW!

As for the rest of us do not let anyone put you down for asking for your right as a citizen of a country where natural, human, and man made resources are in abundance. We are not asking for too much, just a comfortable environment for us to be able to thrive in. No matter how good a seed is, it can not germinate in an unfertile land. we are not asking for the govt to give us food, all we need is for our leaders to water the ground for us and we will find our own way.

Thank you
Re: I Am Sick And Tired! by dasparrow: 5:32pm On Jun 29, 2012
Sweetlemon: Of praise singers and sympathizers of politicians. Those who have for one reason or the other refused bluntly to tell their heros the truth. This is one of the major reasons why Nigeria has remained stagnant. Too many praise singers around our politicians, the noise of their praise singing drowns the cries of the masses, the larger population who see no reason to dance to the drums of the prasie singers.

I am tired of the excuses these praise singers give for their heros.
1. they say "he is not a magician, one year is not enough, he needs more time"- Pray tell, but during that one year of his tenure, did he not collect salary? why can't he then do something to show for the salaries and allowances?? If one year is not enough to show something TANGIBLE that we can see, feel, and even touch with our hands, then I am sorry, one year is also not enough to collect salary and allowances. Chikena!

2. They say "Nigerians are very impatient, Nigerians are hard to please"- oh really? Impatient? so waiting for years and decades (even as things worsen by the day) for politicians to fulfill their promises is impatient? oh! I see! please go and try saying that the Americans. Go and tell them to be patient with Obama on his health care and other tax-payers related policies. Tell them that Obama still has another 4 years to rule so they should be patient and wait without complaining. Tell them to vote him in again because he is a black man or becuase he gave them promises to fulfill them in in his 2nd term. Whatever they say, please take that as the reason why America is where it is today.

From what I know about Nigerians, like other Africans, we really are not so difficult to please. Just give us a comfortable bed to sleep on and we are cool. In Nigeria, any president that can solve our electricity problems will win the hearts of most of us. In fact, such a president does not have to do any other thing and most of us will fall at his feet and worship him. FACT.

You sypathizers should get it into your heads that Nigerians are crying out loud now because things have gotten just too much for us to bear. We are tired of being punished because of some cabals who make up just about 1% of 150million people. We are tired of hearing of billions, (not millions anymore) disappearing and nobody does nothing. We are tired of hearing of accidents cause by bad roads, We are tired of hearing of plane crashes caused by faulty planes, who the hell are those in charge these and why the hell are they not getting sacked AND prosecuted?? We are sick and tired of seeing people die, sick and tired of hearing somebody say that Boko haram has members in his cabinet yet he does nothing to fish them out while the rest of us die one by one. We are sick and tired of cosmetic surgery, we need total healing. And the time to ask for it is NOW!

As for the rest of us do not let anyone put you down for asking for your right as a citizen of a country where natural, human, and man made resources are in abundance. We are not asking for too much, just a comfortable environment for us to be able to thrive in. No matter how good a seed is, it can not germinate in an unfertile land. we are not asking for the govt to give us food, all we need is for our leaders to water the ground for us and we will find our own way.

Thank you

Well said!
Re: I Am Sick And Tired! by maxisioro: 7:46am On Jul 05, 2012
correct. Are you considering going into politics? will be nice...
Re: I Am Sick And Tired! by jamace(m): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
Take heart, sister. Their days are numbered. I urge you to be brave enough to join us to kick their asses when the moment comes.

(1) (Reply)

Two Explosions In Sokoto / Quit Whining About Politrickcians & Start Acting! / If Jonathan Resigns Or Is Impeached, Will V.P Namadi Sambo Do Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.