Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:04 AM

Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State (17043 Views)

New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) / Ethiopian Airlines Flight Schedule/prices To Enugu / Pictures Of Juju's Road Trip To Enugu... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by ZUBY77(m): 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2012
Such a nice and quiet city. Life is never on a rush plus you get everything tgere.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by boyendowed(m): 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2012
My childhood town.It's been a while
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by ZUBY77(m): 9:22pm On Jun 29, 2012
Such a nice and quiet city. Life is never on a rush plus you get everything tgere.
I will be there befor 12pm tomorrow. Anyone @Enugu wanna hook me up?
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by boyendowed(m): 9:23pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Nicely selected scenes.

You don't expect him to show you the bad parts.If you go on a road trip to ekiti,I am sure you will show us "nicely selected scenes"
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 29, 2012
boyendowed:

You don't expect him to show you the bad parts.If you go on a road trip to ekiti,I am sure you will show us "nicely selected scenes"

Are there bad scenes in Ekiti?
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by talk2cj08(m): 9:43pm On Jun 29, 2012
This is 042 cola City state. Home sweet home. Enugu is working.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Whitehorse: 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2012
Whitehorse:

Same here too, sort of a hobby with me. I was also i Lagos and took some pictures of a private boat ride from VI to Ikare island. The Island is about 30mins from VI. Very secluded. Does anyone want to see the pics? Can create another thread for it...

Allright, for the omo Eko's here's the thread of my Lagos boat trip pictures...

https://www.nairaland.com/978098/easter-2012-boat-trip-ikare#11277494
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by spyder880(m): 9:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
Nice one, no need for me to post more pictures as planned, Enugu rockcksss!!!
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by boyendowed(m): 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You should tell me.I have never been to Ekiti...but I know every town must have bad scenes.It can't all be beautiful scenery
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by phreakabit(m): 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I doubt it. . . It is impossible to select bad scenes from a bunch of horrible scenes.

3 Likes

Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
phreakabit:

I doubt it. . . It is impossible to select bad scenes from a bunch of horrible scenes.

Dude you're still mad? Such a woman.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 29, 2012
boyendowed:

You should tell me.I have never been to Ekiti...but I know every town must have bad scenes.It can't all be beautiful scenery

Ekiti is all beautiful, my bro. I've yet to see bad scenes unless they've been doctored up on NL grin
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Eifeh(m): 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2012
More from enugu

Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by phreakabit(m): 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Dude you're still mad? Such a woman.

You obviously do not know me. . . Btw, I was simply stating my humble opinion, which happens to be factual. Please do us a favour. . . . Upload a photo to prove me wrong. . .
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by boyendowed(m): 9:57pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ekiti is all beautiful, my bro. I've yet to see bad scenes unless they've been doctored up on NL grin

Hope to visit there someday.The only thing I know about Ekiti is that they have a beautiful Deputy Governor
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2012
phreakabit:

You obviously do not know me. . . Btw, I was simply stating my humble opinion, which happens to be factual. Please do us a favour. . . . Upload a photo to prove me wrong. . .

Sto bytching at me, can't even remember why you're mad again. lol

boyendowed:

Hope to visit there someday.The only thing I know about Ekiti is that they have a beautiful Deputy Governor

Please do, you'll enjoy your time smiley
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by maninmood(m): 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2012
I must commend the resilience, and vivacity of Enugu government. Enugu is turning to a brilliant, beaming enclave. Oh I like the greens wink This kind of competitive scenarios can make you dream of home embarassed
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2012
Thanks for the pics and the effort you took in snapping them.

Maybe it's just me and the fact i'm something of a perfectionist, but i would advice the Governor to do a couple of things:

1) plant more trees by the road sides to give the city more of a lush green feel;

2) ban the pasting of posters willy-nilly as it defaces the city and itches my eyes just seeing them in pics angry;

3) have at least two well maintained and manicured parks where families can go to to 'catch their fun' (that phrase makes me laugh anytime i hear it- it's so Nigerian grin);

4) maintain all street and traffic lights, immediately fixing any that gets damaged (i noticed some street lights were missing some parts, and i didn't see the traffic lights that were installed a few years back, though i hope those are still working as well). Taking care of little things like these are a pointer to tell if the bigger things in a city are managed well.

I also hope there's an adequate public water scheme, and that the intracity bus service is still working and maintained well.

The key word is MAINTAINANCE.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by phreakabit(m): 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2012
[quote author=Ileke-IdI]

Sto bytching at me, can't even remember why you're mad again. lol
/quote]

There you go again with your childish rants. Honestly, I am not mad at you. I was simply contributing to the thread, you asked a general question, and I answered. Mind you I was in Ekiti recently. #Scaryshit! grin grin
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2012
I wish there was something we could do about those unsightly telephone and electricity cables. They're such a mess.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
phreakabit: There you go again with your childish rants. Honestly, I am not mad at you. I was simply contributing to the thread, you asked a general question, and I answered. Mind you I was in Ekiti recently. #Scaryshit!

LOL Mind you I was in Enugu recently. . . .nicely selected pictures lol cheesy
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by phreakabit(m): 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Maybe it's just me and the fact i'm something of a perfectionist, but i would advice the Governor to do a couple of things:

1) plant more trees by the road sides to give the city more of a lush green feel;

2) ban the pasting of posters willy-nilly as it defaces the city and itches my eyes just seeing them in pics angry;

3) have at least two well maintained and manicured parks where families can go to to 'catch their fun' (that phrase makes me laugh anytime i hear it- it's so Nigerian grin);

4) maintain all street and traffic lights, immediately fixing any that gets damaged (i noticed some street lights were missing some parts, and i didn't see the traffic lights that were installed a few years back, though i hope those are still working as well). Taking care of little things like these are a pointer to tell if the bigger things in a city are managed well.

I also hope there's an adequate public water scheme, and that the intracity bus service is still working and maintained well.

Thank you very much Nwannem nwoke. . . The key word is [size=14pt]PROUDLY IGBO[/size].
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2012
Whitehorse:

Same here too, sort of a hobby with me. I was also i Lagos and took some pictures of a private boat ride from VI to Ikare island. The Island is about 30mins from VI. Very secluded. Does anyone want to see the pics? Can create another thread for it...

Please do share the pics.

I shoot with a Nikon D3000 too.

My website is [url]QuickSilverFotos.VillageHeadMaster.Com[/url]
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by phreakabit(m): 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL Mind you I was in Enugu recently. . . .nicely selected pictures lol cheesy

The pictures say otherwise. . . undecided
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 29, 2012
phreakabit:

The pictures say otherwise. . . undecided

olodo go back and read my posts.

The pictures are indeed nice, no one is arguing that.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by phreakabit(m): 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

olodo go back and read my posts.

The pictures are indeed nice, no one is arguing that.

You seem aggravated why? Ok lets see Ekiti. wink
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by 3rdparty: 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2012
Looks more like a ghost town to me. Where are the inhabitants?
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2012
phreakabit:

You seem aggravated why? Ok lets see Ekiti. wink

You seem bent on seeing things, i know why. When I visit Ekiti again I'll take more pictures.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Whitehorse: 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You seem bent on seeing things, i know why. When I visit Ekiti again I'll take more pictures.

Please make we no fight na. Abeg una, i no get power.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Whitehorse: 10:34pm On Jun 29, 2012
Somorin#1:

Please do share the pics.

I shoot with a Nikon D3000 too.

My website is [url]QuickSilverFotos.VillageHeadMaster.Com[/url]

Thats good. I might hook with you as per camera's, i'm thinking of getting another lens, maybe wide angle to complement my 70-300mm.

As per the Lagos pics, i've opened a thread for that.

https://www.nairaland.com/978098/easter-2012-boat-trip-ikare#11277861
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Whitehorse: 10:43pm On Jun 29, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Was my pleasure.

I think continuity and maintainance are two thing we fail in doing in naija.

Water is still an issue in Enugu, even in Independence Layout, power too, though i geuss that's a national issue.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by phreakabit(m): 10:50pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Lols. . . That will take ages. I say that because I can tell that you are scared to go there. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Countries Have You Visited In The World. / 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog / Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.