Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State (16936 Views)

New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) / Ethiopian Airlines Flight Schedule/prices To Enugu / Pictures Of Juju's Road Trip To Enugu... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by phreakabit(m): 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
Whitehorse:

Was my pleasure.

I think continuity and maintainance are two thing we fail in doing in naija.

Water is still an issue in Enugu, even in Independence Layout, power too, though i geuss that's a national issue.

It should be : THOSE ARE national issues. Because all over the country, water, just like power is a luxury you alone can provide yourself.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 29, 2012
phreakabit:

Lols. . . That will take ages. I say that because I can tell that you are scared to go there. grin grin grin

I'm scared to go to Nigeria not scared of Ekiti, the only reason i still goto Nigeria is because of my beautiful state and ppl. grin grin
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Whitehorse: 11:03pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I'm scared to go to Nigeria not scared of Ekiti, the only reason i still goto Nigeria is because of my beautiful state and ppl. grin grin

Yea, i know that feeling Ileke, but wetin man go do na? Just do it ninja style, "quiet, short and sharp", o get me abi? grin
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 29, 2012
Whitehorse:

Yea, i know that feeling Ileke, but wetin man go do na? Just do it ninja style, "quiet, short and sharp", o get me abi? grin

LOL abi.

Have you been to other states? Care to post those pictures too?
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:09pm On Jun 29, 2012
spyder880: Nice one, no need for me to post more pictures as planned, Enugu rockcksss!!!

^^^I beg to differ bruh......we're still holding you to your earlier statement of posting Enugu pics. You aint getting off that easy.

Cheers.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by igboboy1(m): 11:09pm On Jun 29, 2012
Enugu looks clean, quiet, mellow and de-populated.

Umu Enugu, where are the ENugu populace? The place scarce die.....
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Whitehorse: 11:14pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL abi.

Have you been to other states? Care to post those pictures too?

Na so o. Just pictures of Lagos and Enugu, simply because i was born and bred in Lagos, but from Enugu (omo ibo ton jo fuji pelu Atilogwu, nice combo eh grin) , so have family and friends mostly in those two states

1 Like

Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 29, 2012
Whitehorse:

Na so o. Just pictures of Lagos and Enugu, simply because i was born and bred in Lagos, but from Enugu (omo ibo ton jo fuji pelu Atilogwu, nice combo eh grin) , so have family and friends mostly in those two states

Se Naija lo wa?

It would be nice t'oba le ya aworan awon other states na.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Whitehorse: 11:22pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Se Naija lo wa?

It would be nice t'oba le ya aworan awon other states na.

Igbo: Nba, Obodo Oyinbo kan bi.
Yoruba: mo wa ni Ilu awon "Brave Hearts"
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Whitehorse: 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2012
By the way, does anyone have pictures of the new Golf resort estate or what its called?
I saw some parts of it on my way out of Enugu, via New Market. It looks like a wonderful place for a serene home.
@Spydder, any help?
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by spyder880(m): 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2012
Whitehorse: By the way, does anyone have pictures of the new Golf resort estate or what its called?
I saw some parts of it on my way out of Enugu, via New Market. It looks like a wonderful place for a serene home.
@Spydder, any help?

I have loads of pictures but my connection from my PC is very bad this night, I dont like the golf course houses, Zoological gardens is the place to see now.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by spyder880(m): 11:39pm On Jun 29, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^I beg to differ bruh......we're still holding you to your earlier statement of posting Enugu pics. You aint getting off that easy.

Cheers.

My PC connection is bad now, maybe later.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Whitehorse: 11:39pm On Jun 29, 2012
^^^
I c. Where is Zoological gardens located, not that my knowledge of Enugu is so good after such a long absence? Do they have a website?
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 29, 2012
Whitehorse:

Igbo: Nba, Obodo Oyinbo kan bi.
Yoruba: mo wa ni Ilu awon "Brave Hearts"

Ewo lo n je "Brave hearts"?
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Whitehorse: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2012
^^^ Scotland
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 30, 2012
^^^ nice!!
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by bashr8: 12:06am On Jun 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ekiti is all beautiful, my bro. I've yet to see bad scenes unless they've been doctored up on NL grin
lmfao , am not sure you have been to ekiti ,it is the opposit of beautiful and i mean no single beautiful place, its all villages and mud houses even in ado ekiti the capital , anyway u always have humour grin grin in ur tribalist comments

4 Likes

Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 30, 2012
bashr8: lmfao , am not sure you have been to ekiti ,it is the opposit of beautiful and i mean no single beautiful place, its all villages and mud houses even in ado ekiti the capital , anyway u always have humour grin grin in ur tribalist comments

I was born and bred in Ekiti you overgrown lizard.

anywaz, respect to whitehorse. no fighting on this thread.

If you want to argue this out, create another thread.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by mikeuz(m): 12:33am On Jun 30, 2012
Whitehorse:
lol. Not really, just pictures of where i went to during my short stay there.
Obviously, not every part of the city would look the same way.

I live in enugu, and d entire enugu city is as beautiful as shown on d pix, u even missed some other beautiful places, and beautiful communities around enugu city environs. sulivian transformed enugu within his 1st tenure as governor, bt nw he doesn't do much.

Despite al he has done,one aspect he has made worse is d EDUCATIONAL sector, and I stil dnt nt knw why he has refuse to provide the necessary support education needs.

Finally, u missed the pix of the beautiful enugu commercial buses,popularly called sulivian buses. and the keke napep
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Whitehorse: 12:38am On Jun 30, 2012
@Mikeuz
That's nice to know, please upload pictures if you have any.
Why is Sullivan (that's the Governor) not doing so much in his second term? Doesn't make sense to me, maybe i'm missing something...
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by OgidiBoy(m): 12:40am On Jun 30, 2012
Very typical for some to try and derail this thread with such lovely pictures. uwa nna pls keep posting more pics, I'm loving the greenery. Nowhere like igboland

2 Likes

Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 30, 2012
When is Nigeria going to develop? When I see images like the ones posted above I think about game reserves. Please, don't misunderstand me. Just the way I feel about the country.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Whitehorse: 1:06am On Jun 30, 2012
^^^
Game reserves?

E b like say u don too watch animal planet o.lol. No offense meant.

Niaja is not Europe abeg. Have you flown over say UK or France? Do you see any natural forestation there? Its all portioned and patterned.
Now compare that with flying over any place in Nigeria.

I agree we have some ways to go in urban developments, but i definitely prefer the natural over the patterned.

Just my two kobo...

3 Likes

Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Obiagu1(m): 1:57am On Jun 30, 2012
Oh my Enugu, I miss you dearly sad
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by Dainfamous: 2:27am On Jun 30, 2012
home sweet hm no place lk home
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by canadaik(m): 3:42am On Jun 30, 2012
While checking these pics, no offence but i could not just stop thinking that they are just nothing special, especially not for first page, but the last couple of shots on farmlands were pretty good, hope u had fun though,
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by ZUBY77(m): 7:09am On Jun 30, 2012
I am going to Enugu after clean up.. I qll get some pictures, though with my phone
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by SpiritofOkija(m): 7:20am On Jun 30, 2012
Whitehorse:

I have Nikon 3000 with a 70-300mm lens. Basically a long range lens.

Yea, i guess i took multiple shots of same roads sometimes...

I used my Nikon D3200 24megapixel camera with a 50mm zoom... I wonder where in Naija I can get good long range lenses...

Nice pics though.. My batteries died before I got to Enugu.
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by hustla(m): 7:34am On Jun 30, 2012
Whitehorse:

Same here too, sort of a hobby with me. I was also i Lagos and took some pictures of a private boat ride from VI to Ikare island. The Island is about 30mins from VI. Very secluded. Does anyone want to see the pics? Can create another thread for it...

YES!!!!
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by honouruy(m): 7:49am On Jun 30, 2012
@ poster y did u not show d pics of places lik Obiagu, Gareki, holy ghost nd Abakpa
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by mgolo(m): 8:08am On Jun 30, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

I used my Nikon D3200 24megapixel camera with a 50mm zoom... I wonder where in Naija I can get good long range lenses...

Nice pics though.. My batteries died before I got to Enugu.

professional lenses,camera et al can be got at Aroloya street after tom jones off nnamdi azikiiwe road,lagos island...you can approach from tinubu fountain or adeniji adele. Better done with leg..no car park in these areas
Re: Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State by mgolo(m): 8:24am On Jun 30, 2012
Trave/Scenic Photography.
I dont know how to give you NL visitors free tips on capturing places in a professional manner? Since i dont want to break the rules here

Considering the interest in these pictures and their content,nostalgic for some people like me (am a Lagosian who served in enugu in 1984-5 and I fell in love with the place.i only made a return trip about 3yrs ago...it was lovely)

i will go back again...now that the airport is working...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Attracts $1.65bn Investments As Oduah Heads Anambra Airport Project / Work And Live In Canada / Working In Dubai - List Of Verified And Legitimate Recruitment Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.