Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students (15953 Views)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Ficco(m): 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2012
alluson: futo students abeg help me tell them say na WASH
Glorified secondsry sch. The first class has virtually been paid for long time ago. cheesy cheesy
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by matrixme(m): 7:29pm On Jun 30, 2012
I'm so shocked and skeptical of these under-20 first class products in large numbers from CU. We're not talking of David and Goliath here, rather intellectual competence, based on a lot of factors, who actually came into the system with less than 200 marks in JAMB. I attend a Federal University of Technology here in Nigeria, so I don't think I'm offering arm-chair opinion. Is this what we really need in the present-day Nigeria with her multiplicity of interests?
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Sweetlemon(f): 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
sheyguy: Less than a year back, UI did the same thing CU has just done and no one saw anything bad with theirs. I wonder what the offence of Cu is. Like i said earlier on, congrats to all the new eagles!
Na bad belle naw! Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Parnassuss(m): 7:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
Two sides 2 a coin.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by vladimiros: 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2012
Love how people who can't afod private Uni stop at nothing to attack them on

3 Likes

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Sweetlemon(f): 7:40pm On Jun 30, 2012
For those of u saying their degrees were bought. Iv got news for u, they buy degrees more in federal and state universities! In fact, it is more rampant for students to pass courses by sorting, sleeping with. And even threatening their lecturers in govt schools so cut that crap!
In Igbinedion University, students fail like crazy and their school fees is about N600K! U cannot pass in IUO without spending sleepless nights with your books or sorting your lectures (like they do in every other school)university) so keep keep quiet and stop beefing others just because they happen to be more priviledged than u are! #smh

1 Like

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by swtsuny: 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2012
kip it up CU... kip dishing out d first klas 2 dem bois!!!
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by vladimiros: 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
Sweetlemon: For those of u saying their degrees were bought. Iv got news for u, they buy degrees more in federal and state universities! In fact, it is more rampant for students to pass courses by sorting and sleeping with. And even threatening their lecturers in govt schools so cut that crap!
In Igbinedion University, students fail like crazy and their school fees is about N600K! U cannot pass in IUO without spending sleepless nights with your books or sorting your lectures (like they do in every other school)university) so keep keep quiet and stop beefing others just because they happen to be more priviledged than u are! #smh

tell erm

Most people here are just bad belle

1 Like

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Deekaydadon(m): 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
sheyguy: Few months back Uni of Ibadan produce similar number of First class Grads from a thousand plus graduating student and we all applaud them, but a private uni does same and some silly posters here thinks the Graduates are robots who can't think.
I'm a student of UI and i knw what we go thru ova here.....so dnt compare UI with covenant!
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by kemesty(f): 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
All i can say is abuse of first class.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by kemesty(f): 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2012
All i can say is abuse of first class .
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Caseless: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2012
stepo707: 88? Do they sell 1st class in that school
I can't stop laughing at dz ur post. I was goiN to ask that question. Lol
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by vladimiros: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2012
Deekaydadon:
I'm a student of UI and i knw what we go thru ova here.....so dnt compare UI with covenant!

do you know what Covenant students go through, with the fees, extra studying and all. secondly they are held tight on the values of studying that why they make top class
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by sheyguy: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2012
We all know where 1st class is sold. In CU they don't sort, threaten, blackmail, or harrass the lecturers to get good grades. Your earn whatever u are eventually awarded in CU. Unlike most of these public school all u need do is be a good 'Yahoo boi' to make enuf money to buy urself good grades. Most of the folks condemning CU here are just hating for silly reasons.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Ortis: 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
Sweetlemon: For those of u saying their degrees were bought. Iv got news for u, they buy degrees more in federal and state universities! In fact, it is more rampant for students to pass courses by sorting and sleeping with. And even threatening their lecturers in govt schools so cut that crap!
hey hey hey did i hear u sai PRIVILAGED or wat....who is talkin of dat here u swin....i pay whoppin amount of cash 2 b in state uni nd pay house rent nd pay T-fee 2 go 2 skul evry mornin nd overal i learnt hw 2 read witout been told nd mak friendz nd b free.....an dis brat 4rm IUO is sayin privilage....hey kid grow up,i turnd down goin 2 skul in dat fuckin C.U ND MADONNA UNI becos i wanna grw up bt nt cos privilage......girl if u ar First class in PRIVATE UNI believe me u can compete wit a second class 4rm state or federal uni
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by meksroland: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2012
hustla:

Bro' and u can't construct one simple sentence??!! You 'thought' her what she knows??I smell beef and envy!! 'She was there before u came after her nysc?!!'. Listen to yaself!!

Slow bloke! Pls stfu and sit down were ---------------ยป _______/
the English is correct just the spelling bro.....taught
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by sheyguy: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2012
Deekaydadon:
Mr. UI, few months back UI had similar number of first class grads from about 1500 graduating students and it was normal for NLders and Nigerians, why is Cu's own and that of Private Unis always different. There was a thread on that particular topic on Nairaland. U can Google it if you think i am lying.

1 Like

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by plentykola(m): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2012
i served with one of their products in sokoto state she was nothing to write home about she knew nothing
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Sweetlemon(f): 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2012
Ortis: hey hey hey did i hear u sai PRIVILAGED or wat....who is talkin of dat here u swin....i pay whoppin amount of cash 2 b in state uni nd pay house rent nd pay T-fee 2 go 2 skul evry mornin nd overal i learnt hw 2 read witout been told nd mak friendz nd b free.....an dis brat 4rm IUO is sayin privilage....hey kid grow up,i turnd down goin 2 skul in dat fuckin C.U ND MADONNA UNI becos i wanna grw up bt nt cos privilage......girl if u ar First class in PRIVATE UNI believe me u can compete wit a second class 4rm state or federal uni
I smell jealousy all over your post! Now, how do you explain the students who sleep with lecturers for good grades in your school, or those yahoo boys who hardly come to class but end up with 2,2 or 2,1. Can you deny that some bad boys don't threaten lecturers for grades? Pls tell us!
And as for your remark about private university graduates knowing nothing, tell you what, I have seen so many empty air-heads from govt universities. Examples of them are here on this forum. You can see it from their poor grammar construction. Abeg!

1 Like

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Claumy2(m): 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
From private primary school to private secondary school, where examination malpractice is legal, to private university. 88-first class? One day all the graduating students will come out with first class.

That means better doctors, better engineers etc. Hmmmmm...
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Onaolamipo: 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
Nigerian private universities should be subjected to Nuc approval b4 awarding their students first class
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Papachulo(m): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2012
Honestly, its sounds very strange to me, considering the fact that in my school were I graduated from (Benue State Uni)...for u to come out wit 2/1 na strong tin, talkless off 1st class. In the last six years no has been awarded a 1st class degree. I graduated wit a 2/2 degree in B.A Eng which I'm very proud of, because I know, if it were anoda school, say Convernant...na 1st class be that. Anyways, let's give honour to were it is due....well done ooo Covenant Uni.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by sheyguy: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2012
plenty kola: i served with one of their products in sokoto state she was nothing to write home about she knew nothing
one of their product ? ? Do u av any idea of what inspired the idea of private uni in the first place? Well tons of public school grads were ''nothing to write home about''.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by klairekk: 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
Sweetlemon: All these bad belle people sef! Let me tell u, C.U is a very strict university. They actually force their students to study, there is a time table for all students activities that they follow strictly in that school. And most of the students there are fresh from secondary school. That's why they have young graduates. Their results are very real, trust me. 1st class is not something u can easily buy.

oooohhhhh!!!!!!!So u can buy 1st class bt it i nt easygrin too much money received nt BRIBE OOgrin
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by sheyguy: 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2012
Onaolamipo: Nigerian private universities should be subjected to Nuc approval b4 awarding their students first class
NUC goes to every private uni atleast once a year plus there are external examiners from public schools, it is a standard practice, i am surprised someone doesn't know this yet.

1 Like

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2012
stepo707: 88? Do they sell 1st class in that school
Seconded.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Chinnepat: 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2012
Advert 4 a new session! Am in a private uni nd it aint easy!
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by okoagwu(m): 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2012
iwonder ooooooooo! are there selling certificate there or na by sorting! they need 2 be enrolled back 2 federal or state universities! let check wht will be their outcome.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by vladimiros: 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2012
I have noticed we Nigerians act like americans when it comes to good private schools

if you can't afford it, hate on it

1 Like

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Sweetlemon(f): 8:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
klairekk:

oooohhhhh!!!!!!!So u can buy 1st class bt it i nt easygrin too much money received nt BRIBE OOgrin
What I mean is that its not easy to even get them to agree to sell 1st class to you. If it was, believe me, about half of them will have 1st class, trust me
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by biodunid: 8:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
What kind of school produces one 1st class out of every 15 graduands? Even Oxford and co no dey prolific like that abi no be dis same pickins who can't even get into federal schools? Dis fellow is just compounding our educational challenges with his half baked graduates tutored by part time profs.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2012
Claumy2: From private primary school to private secondary school, where examination malpractice is legal, to private university. 88-first class? One day all the graduating students will come out with first class.

That means better doctors, better engineers etc. Hmmmmm...
Their parents say the performance of their kids reflects the ability of their lecturers. And because they pay so much, their kids MUST be BRILLIANT. So, what do you expect? I won't be surprised if there's no second class at all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Step By Step Guide On How To Reprint Your 2017 JAMB Exam Slip / 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities / Seyi Makinde Attends Children's Day Ceremony In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.