Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Can Eating Too Much Pineapple Cause Diabetics - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can Eating Too Much Pineapple Cause Diabetics (4913 Views)

10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) / Strange Particles Found In Chivita Orange Pineapple Fruit Juice (Rumor) / Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Eating Too Much Pineapple Cause Diabetics by sentoms: 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
Have heard some people say Ëating too mmuch pinapple expecially (badagry/seme)type,can cause diabetics. I take a whole pinapple for lunch sometimes. I took a blood sugar level test. The test read E error several times and the doctor told me its either sugar is much in my system or low . But I feel its mmuch that pinapple's work. So what's ur thought on this
Re: Can Eating Too Much Pineapple Cause Diabetics by Latika12(f): 6:30am On Jul 02, 2012
Can't say about this because I love pineapple but do not eat in access
Re: Can Eating Too Much Pineapple Cause Diabetics by luckyme9(f): 12:09am On Jul 29, 2012
Eating too much pineapple will not cause you to have diabetes. But if you already have diabetes, SURE too much pineapple will shoot your blood sugar level off the roof because the type and the amount of sugar in pineapples is pretty much like chewing on St Louis sugar cubes. Now if the machine kept reading error, and nothing is wrong with machine, that could mean that your sugar level could is above the maximum number the machine can read. For example, most machine that i have worked with will read up to 500mg something-something. Nobody's sugar should be any where close to 500, but Ive seen situation before where its been over that. That is a medical emergency. when its above 500, that's when it will start to show error, a different lab work will be done done to detect the actual number. My worry for you is that, if your blood sugar goes above 500 you need to be in the hospital as this is extremely dangerous "not to scare you". Low blood level will not cause the machine to read error, you would have been dead or in a coma before anybody's sugar level drops below a readable range. By the time your blood sugar drops below 50, you would have known that something is wrong with you. Please be sure to get to the bottom of this because if you truly have diabetes, you shouldn't be eating pineapple like that if at all you would still eat it.
Re: Can Eating Too Much Pineapple Cause Diabetics by jamace(m): 9:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
I just can't stop eating it. smiley
Re: Can Eating Too Much Pineapple Cause Diabetics by sentoms: 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2012
Thanks.Lucky me for the medical advice. The Doctor said the same thing,that I should a lab test. To clerify the result. Have reduce my sugar intake sha. And also pineapple intake. I now take orange mostly now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice / I Need A Good Spicy Egusi Soup Recipe. / What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.