Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

$3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio (17523 Views)

Presidency Probes Death Of Tortured Inmate Over Patience Jonathan’s $3m / Senate President: Between Lawan And Saraki / Audio Of $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola (Part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2012
tunapawizzy: Prosecution and enforcement of law are 2 different things... Judiciary should enforce d law (in an ideal society without executive's interference) but someone has to prosecute(bring before a court) d offender first. Anybody can prosecute (usually with d help of a lawyer). So D work of judiciary as an arm of govt is to enforce d law..executive can prosecute that is not say a member of d judiciary cannot prosecute too..my little understanding..but hey I might be wrong, what does a lil boy know
You have made valid points, believe you me, if its job of President to send people to jail, I for like am o, cos I know the list that will be singing in kiri-kiri,....Buhari, Bakare, Farouk, el-Rufai etc) The President is a nice guy if he has constitutional powers for prosecute these animals and they still work free, but I doubt he has such powers in a democracy. Except Nigeria own different,.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Dhelake: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2012
cheddarking: Billyonaire,

Ive always had a lot of respect for your views and opinions BUT...
on this one you got it wrong hands down...

Now repent of your ignorance.
and me too
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by cheddarking(m): 4:31pm On Jul 02, 2012
Billyonaire: where in your excerpt of the constitution did it state that the President can Prosecute ? Please can you also post the duties of the Judiciary because your assertions are misleading. Thank you.

As you wish bruv,

Firstly, let me just state Section 6(Which lists out the characteristics of the Federal Executive) subsection 150:

"(1) There shall be an Attorney-General of the Federation who shall be the Chief Law Officer of the Federation and a Minister of the Government of the Federation"

This designates the Attorney General as Part of the Federal Executive.

Bearing in mind that "In most common law jurisdictions, the attorney general or attorney-general is the main legal advisor to the government, and in some jurisdictions he or she may also have executive responsibility for law enforcement or responsibility for public prosecutions." (Wikipedia,2012)

Going back to an earlier post, it was established that:

cheddarking:

5. (1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the executive powers of the Federation:

(a) shall be vested in the President and may subject as aforesaid and to the provisions of any law made by the National Assembly, be exercised by[b] him either directly[/b] or through the Vice-President and Ministers of the Government of the Federation or officers in the public service of the Federation

[quote author=cheddarking]

We have now established that the AG is a member of the Nigerian Executive AND that the constitution allows the Presido to execute the law directly or through the AG.

Now as requested, a link to the judicature as stated in the Nigerian Constitution

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#Chapter_7

You're welcome..
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by dustydee: 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
Until we have the full conversation we can't conclude authoritatively about what transpired. Why didn't the audio start from the beginning of the call? Did otedola just tell him that the money was at the airport as soon as he picked the call? was there an exchange of pleasantries-like how are you Farouk, the money you asked for is ready. The audio started from I don't want to bring it to my house. . . What was said before then? why was that part cut-off? Who is fooling who?
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by cheddarking(m): 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2012
lacidi:

Jesus! Prosecution is the act of charging a person to court for a criminal offence! It is NOT the act of adjudicating on the case. Please check the definition of prosecution, that is where you are getting it wrong. NB: Am a lawyer called to Nigerian Bar since 1993.

For emphasis, please check thses links for definition:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_prosecution_mean

What does prosecution mean?

Prosecution is the legal process of bringing an alleged criminal offender to trial.

The district attorney and his office file charges against the defendant(s) and present evidence at a trial. The accused normally has legal representation for his defense.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_prosecution_mean#ixzz1zTlB0PC1

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prosecute

pros·e·cute   /ˈprɒsɪˌkyut/ Show Spelled [pros-i-kyoot] Show IPA verb, pros·e·cut·ed, pros·e·cut·ing.
verb (used with object)
1. Law .
a. to institute legal proceedings against (a person).
b. to seek to enforce or obtain by legal process.
c. to conduct criminal proceedings in court against.
2. to follow up or carry forward something undertaken or begun, usually to its completion: to prosecute a war.
3. to carry on or practice.
verb (used without object)
4. Law .
a. to institute and carry on a legal prosecution.
b. to act as prosecutor.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/prosecute
pros·e·cute (prs-kyt)
v. pros·e·cut·ed, pros·e·cut·ing, pros·e·cutes
v.tr.
1. Law
a. To initiate civil or criminal court action against.
b. To seek to obtain or enforce by legal action.
a. To pursue (an undertaking, for example) until completion; follow to the very end.
b. To chase or pursue (a vessel): "He held a dispatch saying that [they] had prosecuted and probably killed an Echo-class missile submarine" (Tom Clancy).
3. To carry on, engage in, or practice.
v.intr. Law
1. To initiate and conduct legal proceedings.
2. To act as prosecutor.

Baba you dey Vex o...
grin grin grin grin
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2012
cheddarking:

As you wish bruv,

Firstly, let me just state Section 6(Which lists out the characteristics of the Federal Executive) subsection 150:

"(1) There shall be an Attorney-General of the Federation who shall be the Chief Law Officer of the Federation and a Minister of the Government of the Federation"

This designates the Attorney General as Part of the Federal Executive.

Bearing in mind that "In most common law jurisdictions, the attorney general or attorney-general is the main legal advisor to the government, and in some jurisdictions he or she may also have executive responsibility for law enforcement or responsibility for public prosecutions." (Wikipedia,2012)

Going back to an earlier post, it was established that:

AG general is not President bro, although he is appointed by the Presidency (Executive) and go to Parliament (Legislators)for Approval before swearing. He heads judiciary. I expected you to show me that its the job of the President. Stop believing things based on sentiments, be guided by the books. Show me where its the job of the President to prosecute, stop confusing issues with Attorney General. AG is not President. Dont confuse me.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by TalkingBird: 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2012
Where is the Freedom of Information?
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by cheddarking(m): 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2012
Billyonaire: AG general is not President bro, although he is appointed by the Presidency (Executive) and go to Parliament (Legislators)for Approval, he heads judiciary. I expected you to show me that its the job of the President. Stop believing things based on sentiments, be guided by the books.

Billyonaire,

No fall my hand Gee,

(1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the executive powers of the Federation,shall be vested in the President and...be exercised by him either directly or through the Vice-President and Ministers of the Government of the Federation or officers in the public service of the Federation

AG is part of the EXECUTIVE.

And GEJ can choose to prosecute DIRECTLY or through members of the EXECUTIVE including the AG.

Wheeew...
I need an ice cream cry now
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Demdem2: 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2012
Billyonaire: AG general is not President bro, although he is appointed by the Presidency (Executive) and go to Parliament (Legislators)for Approval before swearing. He heads judiciary. shocked shocked shocked I expected you to show me that its the job of the President. Stop believing things based on sentiments, be guided by the books. Show me where its the job of the President to prosecute, stop confusing issues with Attorney General. AG is not President. Dont confuse me.

BillyGoat, this is not confusion. its ignorance lace with stupidity. i wonder the kind of books u read. grin grin grin
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
cheddarking:

Billyonaire,

No fall my hand Gee,

(1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the executive powers of the Federation,shall be vested in the President and...be exercised by him either directly or through the Vice-President and Ministers of the Government of the Federation or officers in the public service of the Federation

And GEJ can choose to prosecute DIRECTLY or through members of the EXECUTIVE including the AG.

Wheeew...

I have Ice Prince sorry Ice-Cream
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2012
Demdem2:

BillyGoat, this is not confusion. its ignorance lace with stupidity. i wonder the kind of books u read. grin grin grin
Whats wrong with this man, quit insulting my person, attack the write-up.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by phadat(m): 4:49pm On Jul 02, 2012
dustydee: Until we have the full conversation we can't conclude authoritatively about what transpired. Why didn't the audio start from the beginning of the call? Did otedola just tell him that the money was at the airport as soon as he picked the call? was there an exchange of pleasantries-like how are you Farouk, the money you asked for is ready. The audio started from I don't want to bring it to my house. . . What was said before then? why was that part cut-off? Who is fooling who?
exactly what I will like to know too
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Demdem2: 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2012
Billyonaire: Whats wrong with this man, quit insulting my person, attack the write-up.

in otherwords, u want me to repeat what i have said earlier right? No, i wont grin grin
Currently enjoying ur folly grin grin
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Walecole74: 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
The hunt has become the hunted
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
cheddarking:

Billyonaire,

No fall my hand Gee,

Wheeew...

I think you have a point there, I am equally right, check this out. I got it on google.

Link between the judiciary and the government

4.8 The Attorney-General is the link between the judiciary and executive government. The Attorney-General recommends the appointment of judges and has an important role in defending the judiciary by answering improper and unfair public criticism, and discouraging ministerial colleagues from criticising judges and their decisions.(See paragraphs 4.12 - 4.15.)
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2012
Demdem2:

in otherwords, u want me to repeat what i have said earlier right? No, i wont grin grin
Currently enjoying ur folly grin grin
I no get your time, you are a biased fellow with history of crookedness. I doubt if you havent spent time at Yaba left grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by cheddarking(m): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
Billyonaire: I think you have a point there, I am equally right, check this out. I got it on google.

Link between the judiciary and the government

4.8 The Attorney-General is the link between the judiciary and executive government. The Attorney-General recommends the appointment of judges and has an important role in defending the judiciary by answering improper and unfair public criticism, and discouraging ministerial colleagues from criticising judges and their decisions.

Let's not further derail this topic my nigga,

Moving On...

I feel Farouk made a hge mistake getting involved in this mess.

He has a whole lot more to lose than Otedola.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2012
cheddarking:

Let's not further derail this topic my nigga,

Moving On...

I feel Farouk made a hge mistake getting involved in this mess.

He has a whole lot more to lose than Otedola.
Yes bro, it doesnt seem to be a mistake, I think corruption has been his way of life. If you listened to that audio message, he spoke as a professional runs guy.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2012
Demdem2:

Billy, billy, the goat grin grin grin
That goat is too handsome to be me, I guess the goat is as handsome as you.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by oiseworld: 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2012
frook moving closer to kirikiri by the day. The one involving tambuwal go soo comot.

I dey laugh !!!
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Bayils(m): 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2012
AJpikin: It is difficulty to tell boys fit do anything with softwares
Yepa!!!!!! Huh huh brover.. Difficulty bawo?

Billyonaire: Been dialing that number since, its been switched off. Best to do is get court order for MTN to release call logs on that number, and Farouks number. I am sure we will trace Farouk's call to Speaker ....that Otedola has paid and that his share is coming grin
Year τнink ўσu're very much onpoint τнerε!!!!.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by DSoj(m): 5:15pm On Jul 02, 2012
Yinmu for all of them..as far as me o I'm concerned, until the root of the matter is reached, all dis one na still film trick.
So far, both of dem are answerable, cos de both av evidences against each oda and security reports dat can indict both of dem.. Come my studio, I will make Obama voice 4 U.. Yinmu joorrrr
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by oiseworld: 5:15pm On Jul 02, 2012
was oviously a set up/sting operation. I can bet otedola made that call tring to claim the plane had arrived.
And the farouk feeeeeeeeeelllllll, Yakataaaaa !!!
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2012
oiseworld: was oviously a set up/sting operation. I can bet otedola made that call tring to claim the plane had arrived.
And the farouk feeeeeeeeeelllllll, Yakataaaaa !!!
And Farouk called Speaker and say.."Chair, pepper don red, Otes don drop the bar. Send your boy to come get your cut".
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2012
Billyonaire: Yes bro, it doesnt seem to be a mistake, I think corruption has been his way of life. If you listened to that audio message, he spoke as a professional runs guy.

It was very obvious he had done this before.. He didnt want the money brought to his house and he sent a third party to pick it up from an almost neutral location from where the money can easily be flown abroad under diplomatic cover or transported to an unknown destination..

The Feds should be hunting down that Tee Jay fellow.. That guy is his runner and would have a lot of info on all his other underhand dealings..

#CSI Abuja
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by cheddarking(m): 5:25pm On Jul 02, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

It was very obvious he had done this before.. He didnt want the money brought to his house and he sent a third party to pick it up from an almost neutral location from where the money can easily be flown abroad under diplomatic cover or transported to an unknown destination..

The Feds should be hunting down that Tee Jay fellow.. That guy is his runner and would have a lot of info on all his other underhand dealings..

#CSI Abuja

Guy when you're not being silly,

you sound like a very alright guy,making a lot of sense...

I guess I might have been wrong about you.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by jmaine: 5:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
Anyone noticed the calmness of farouk voice . . .Sounds like business as usual . .He was so assured of what he was doing and about to collect . .Oleeeee grin
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
cheddarking:

Guy when you're not being silly,

you sound like a very alright guy,making a lot of sense...

I guess I might have been wrong about you.

Should I be flattered or Pissed!!

Anyways... #Cheers.. Lifes too short to be pissed at anyone except Taxi Drivers and Bad drivers...
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by kioboy(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2012
@Demdem2

u are geting it wrong, even if the excutive arm of government can prosecute, the major work lies with the judiciary which is independent. Dats why is easy for major corrupt cases to die a natural death on arrival cos our judges are more corrupt now morethan the politicians. corruption hv really eating deep into our judicial system. EFCC, ICPC, POLICE can do a thorough investigations dat wil cost them human resources and time and a judge will jus throw it out for lacking in evidence or subject it to indefinite adjoinment. Major corruption cases in nigeria hv been hampered by judiciary, nt executive. All the governors arrested in 2007 after their tenure expired are walking the street free because our court could nt find enough evidence to jail them. So pls it lies in d hand of judiciary to convict or jail an offender, nt executive or GEJ.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2012
kioboy: @Demdem2

u are geting it wrong, even if the excutive arm of government can prosecute, the major work lies with the judiciary which is independent. Dats why is easy for major corrupt cases to die a natural death on arrival cos our judges are more corrupt now morethan the politicians. corruption hv really eating deep into our judicial system. EFCC, ICPC, POLICE can do a thorough investigations dat wil cost them human resources and time and a judge will jus throw it out for lacking in evidence or subject it to indefinite adjoinment. Major corruption cases in nigeria hv been hampered by judiciary, nt executive. All the governors arrested in 2007 after their tenure expired are walking the street free because our court could nt find enough evidence to jail them. So pls it lies in d hand of judiciary to convict or jail an offender, nt executive or GEJ.
God Bless You.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by 3rdparty: 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
TJ's phone is switched off

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Florence Ita Giwa Turns 69 Today - Happy Birthday To Her / Breaking News... Pastor Chris Reconcile With Wife (photo) / FG Declares Friday, Monday Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.