Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

$3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio (17522 Views)

Presidency Probes Death Of Tortured Inmate Over Patience Jonathan’s $3m / Senate President: Between Lawan And Saraki / Audio Of $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola (Part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
kioboy: @Demdem2

u are geting it wrong, even if the excutive arm of government can prosecute, the major work lies with the judiciary which is independent. Dats why is easy for major corrupt cases to die a natural death on arrival cos our judges are more corrupt now morethan the politicians. corruption hv really eating deep into our judicial system. EFCC, ICPC, POLICE can do a thorough investigations dat wil cost them human resources and time and a judge will jus throw it out for lacking in evidence or subject it to indefinite adjoinment. Major corruption cases in nigeria hv been hampered by judiciary, nt executive. All the governors arrested in 2007 after their tenure expired are walking the street free because our court could nt find enough evidence to jail them. So pls it lies in d hand of judiciary to convict or jail an offender, nt executive or GEJ.
True the Judiciary has its own issues, but then Corruption is a cancer that has spread through the whole nation.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by tegule: 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
yuzedo: Una no hear dat gaddem Otedola amala accent. . "yarrport" in the "yarrcraft". . cheesy cheesy And that "diminu[b]thief[/b]" mallam's desperate, greed-laced voice! Chai! grin grin Two thieves i tellya! Hang 'em both i say! undecided
[/color][color=#770077]. Ya'r rite the both of them are bloody criminals,akanchawa to the core,ole balawo and the both deserve to be locked up.espcially otedola,getting rich on the sufferins of many.he is one of the major reasons d power sector is wat is it
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Aifey(m): 6:23pm On Jul 02, 2012
MrNigeria.:
God is watching them
God is watchin is wht killed Nigeria. Everyday they deciev us wit let's pray 4this country while they sit back n laff at us by lootin bilions evry. Keep prayin while they keep lootin
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Revolutnz: 6:25pm On Jul 02, 2012
Kai! only in NIGERIA grin grin grin

Honourable Thieves...SMH
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Takal(m): 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
You can listen to the audio clip by clicking on this link http://tubidy.mobi/watch/Sw_2FCSH76rKa6i_2B_2FYz117_2Fg_3D_3D/3gp-mobile/fs (for mobile users) then select the "3GP Video Hi".
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by k00lxpert(m): 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2012
This is cartasrophically bad...if this is really true...God will take control of this nation oooo
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by kaypinchi(m): 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2012
Na wah o. I've been calling the number but it's been switched of.
We may need to speak to TeeJay also for his side of the story.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by greatlee(m): 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2012
lacidi: TJ don off him fone lol.

It's clear Otedola was trying to set up farouk. I am now convinced that this was actually a sting operation. If you listen, you will notice that Otedola repeated the exact amount being discussed knowing fully well that he was recording the conversation. Also Otedola's retort that the money was in the airport authenticates his earlier claim that Farouk asked him to fly in the money by private jet.

Lacidi, you are right. Anyway, let's all watch the abrakatabra as it unfolds.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by rowlandoo: 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2012
jmaine: So we can safely say the PDP led executive gave Fayemi,Oshiomhole and Aregbesola victory at the tribunals and not the integrity of the Judiciary grin . . . . I love bookmarking such assumptions . . . .

This does not justify prosecution bross
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by CuteTj(m): 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2012
I don't know why you people are disturbing me. Don't bother dialing my number because i have switched it off. Lol..

1 Like

Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2012
Demdem2: Otedola submitted Video, farouk submitted Audio, still 2trillion naira subsidy funds (exceeded budgetary allocation) is still missing, no one is talking about that. Who is deceiving who?
let the drama continue jor. nigerians definately are at the receiving end.

@Demdem,
This drama must end swiftly, with both the bribe-giver and bribe-taker going down - if proven guilty - I beg.
Nigerians are already battle weary with all the claims and counter-claims flying around in the press, and it really boggles the mind how Jonathanistans can still hold their heads up knowing how complicit the Federal Government appears, in the cold light of day.

Early on today, I posted an article which shows Otedola's well documented history of chicanery, where matters of probity relating to the public's interest have previously played out. Rather conveniently, none of the naysayers on this thread saw fit to provide any direct comments in response.

If it wasn't clear to begin that Otedola embarked on an elaborate plan to undermine and then scuttle the subsidy report, surely this ridiculous audio recording puts paid to that. Why release only a tiny portion of the discussion that took place with an antagonist, a few hours after the later throws down the gauntlet, if you have absolutely nothing to hide? We know what is expected of those who come to equity, so why continue to string the general public along with a drip-feed of events; some of which sound comical at best.

Otedola had alleged that it was Lawan that approached him for the $3m bribe to exonerate two of his companies including Zenon from those indicted in the just-concluded fuel subsidy probe.

The oil marketer, who claimed to have informed the law enforcement agencies, said he eventually agreed to offer $3m bribe with an initial deposit of $620,000 in three instalments

He said on April 21, the Saturday before the plenary, Lawan came in person to his residence and collected $250,000 in cash, as the first instalment, “then the next Monday night he came and collected another $250,000.

“On Tuesday, at 9a.m., just before the House commenced sitting, Boniface (committee secretary) came and collected another $120,000.”

Otedola confirmed that during the sting operation, Lawan and Boniface collected a total of $620,000 in three instalments as part of the $3m demanded from him.

He added that with the $620,000 that had been extorted by Lawan and the committee, during the plenary, Zenon’s name was removed from the list of companies that had bought foreign exchange but did not import products.

But reacting, Lawan said contrary to the story making the rounds, it was Otedola that came to his hotel room to offer the first instalment of the bribe which he claimed he collected to entrap him.

In one of the petitions written by Ozekhome on behalf of the embattled lawmaker and released to newsmen yesterday, he said: “It has become necessary to write this petition to situate the facts of this unfolding saga in their correct historical and contextual perspectives and to correct the funny, phony, insidious and invidious falsehood currently making the rounds in a section of the press to the effect that:

*That our client went to collect the sum of $500,000 in Mr. Femi Otedola’s house in Lagos. *That our client, in taking this ‘bribe’ kept some in his pocket, and the left over inside his cap.

*That our client demanded from Mr. Femi Otedola the sum of $3m to kill the bad report concerning his companies, Zenon Oil and AP ( now Forte Oil).

*That Zenon Oil was eventually deleted from the report because our client affirms that these are complete lies and fabrications.

*That Zenon Oil was eventually deleted from the committee’s report on the 24th of April 2012 because of the dollar bribe given to our client by Mr. Femi Otedola.

In the nine-page petition by Ozekhome, Lawan said he never solicited for the controversial $3m bribe to clear Otedola’s oil firms
Source
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by jammer777: 7:59pm On Jul 02, 2012
kioboy: @Demdem2

u are geting it wrong, even if the excutive arm of government can prosecute, the major work lies with the judiciary which is independent. Dats why is easy for major corrupt cases to die a natural death on arrival cos our judges are more corrupt now morethan the politicians. corruption hv really eating deep into our judicial system. EFCC, ICPC, POLICE can do a thorough investigations dat wil cost them human resources and time and a judge will jus throw it out for lacking in evidence or subject it to indefinite adjoinment. Major corruption cases in nigeria hv been hampered by judiciary, nt executive. All the governors arrested in 2007 after their tenure expired are walking the street free because our court could nt find enough evidence to jail them. So pls it lies in d hand of judiciary to convict or jail an offender, nt executive or GEJ.

I guess billy confused his own meaning of prosecution to mean conviction stated by u. By my understanding, to prosecute is to simply bring an accused b4 the court which can be initiated by person(s), associations, institutions, organisations, bodies-private, public or governmental etc

So billy, I want to assert that the executive arm can very well prosecute directly/indirectly and can also influence the outcome of a trial(injustice in disguise) but can never pronounce a judgment, in orther words, convict.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by bigtt76(f): 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2012
My thoughts ...Farook and Otedola are both guilty of bribery.

The video or audio recording we are being subjected to are not the result of a sting so to speak but recordings from CCTV security cameras.

Its obvious Otedola might have been reluctant to pay up the balance and Farook decided to go rogue and expose him causing Otedola to release the video tape.

From the recordings I deduced the following:-

1. Farook was urging Otedola on for the money to be delivered.Someone trying nail another of bribery would not urge on that person with the intention of nailing him/her. Farook would have insisted on Otedola bringing it to his (Farooks) office in order to get him but he did not.
Trying to send someone too shows he was not ready to be imvovled ...would you implicate your friend just to hit an enemy? Farook tried doing that through TJ.

2. Otedola was not ready to part with money at home so he would not be implicated hence his choice of the airport. Otedola was also in favor of giving to someone trusted by Farook. Did he (Otedola) not realize Farook would deny TJ?
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:24pm On Jul 02, 2012
Aifey: God is watchin is wht killed Nigeria. Everyday they deciev us wit let's pray 4this country while they sit back n laff at us by lootin bilions evry. Keep prayin while they keep lootin

Fela did enough to drum it into the ears of Nigerians.. gosh! at least 4 decades wasted telling us the same thing
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Tropilo(m): 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2012

It's clear Otedola was trying to set up farouk. I am now convinced that this was actually a sting operation. If you listen, you will notice that Otedola repeated the exact amount being discussed knowing fully well that he was recording the conversation. Also Otedola's retort that the money was in the airport authenticates his earlier claim that Farouk asked him to fly in the money by private jet.

O'boy, ur papa no pay school fees for nothing! Welldone...!
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Biggysmalls919(m): 10:16pm On Jul 02, 2012

i dont know what u mean by set up. Farouk agreed that he collected the money to expose otedola while otedola was recording the transactions. So i guess they are both guilty and should be punished.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by nduchucks: 10:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
Who among you ladies and gentlemen would send someone to go and collect $2.5 million cash instead of picking it up personally?

This thing does not add up. The only conclusion I can comfortably reach is that both men are thieves who should be shot upon conviction. SMH
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by binhozie(m): 10:56pm On Jul 02, 2012
Please like my post if you are amongst those that have called Tee-Jay's number grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by james1(m): 10:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
Farouk lawan is guilty of accepting bribe,Femi otedola is guilty of giving bribe:both of them should be made to face the punishment the law prescribes.
Otedola is desperately trying to shift blame to lawan,this is not right.he must have dangled a carrot at lawan if not why of all the companies implicated in the scam,farouk deemed it fit to go to otedola?
Otedola only did those recording so as a to have something to use to put lawan in line,just in case,lawan collected the money and refuses to perform.
That's my take on the matter.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Willy7(m): 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
but wait a minute,i thought this movie have started before now,so we re still in commercials?when is d damn movie starting?i'm tired of all dis commercials,oops i forgot its d original 9ja film pattern.anyway im waiting,somebody pls wake me when it starts,i got some other things doing.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by binhozie(m): 11:04pm On Jul 02, 2012
Just listen to Otedola's voice. . Damn
Money can smoothen your bush looks, but not your bush voice!
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Musiwa2: 2:10am On Jul 03, 2012
F
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by fagamite: 2:53am On Jul 03, 2012
Musiwa2: if otedola record it, how is that bribe.

Abi oo Musiwa . . . All Farouk ought to have done was record it as well. And we wont be here. . . Great logic Musiwa. Record it and it is NOT a bribe

You see farouk lack exposure that why there is a list in the first. Why do you think I alway say I should be president. the reason is that I will be a better president than jonathan goodluck because i have lived abroad and see how they do things over here.

Aare of Canad, na you biko.

If farouk wanted money from otedola. He should have ask him for the money. there is nothing that says, you cant ask femi otedola for money. if you need money.

I wonder oooo. Since Otedola is father x mas, maybe we should all go ask him for money.

The problem now is that all of the people on that list are going to end up sue nigeria. And nigeria will loss trillion of naira all because of farouk.

Aare, is my name on the list? Maybe me too fit sue Nigeria . . . WHen can we start suing
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by mikey2fin: 4:37am On Jul 03, 2012
This Nonsense will continue to go on. And they will be Milking our Economy down Because we Nigerians we are a fools. For those
of you who are calling God to Help, Make no mistake God will not help you in this kind of situation, Help your self b4 calling
God's name. God did not come down to help Egyptians, They said Enough is enough for Mubarak and what happened? Mubarak was chess
out of power. Nigerians, Fold your hands, Keep talking and Condemning them it won't stop them from looting our money.
No one in Nigeria want to start a fight. Who wan die
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Musiwa2: 4:38am On Jul 03, 2012
h
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by hakeem4shi(m): 6:37am On Jul 03, 2012
Billyonaire: Are you new to this issue ? There is video evidence stop confusing people here.
I don't believe the audio either,if Otedola is clean and he's sure of himself,he told us he ran a sting operation wit the SSS,why is SSS afraid to release the video and the police to release the caLl logs....@least for wat I've seen,this is a doctored material. Let them bring d whole material out unadulterated.
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by Olashinasam: 2:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
I don't beliv that was lawan voice! Somtin is fishin btw both partiez
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by deb(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2012
In the face of overwhelming evidence some Nigerians will still choose to be gullible.
Its either because common sense is not common? or some people are just condemned to ignorance by nature
Re: $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio by deb(m): 8:44am On Jul 07, 2012
I don't know any logic that Nigerians will need after this from Keyamo;

(1) There was definite communication between Farouk Lawan and Femi Otedola (both by telephone and face-to-face) in respect of the offer and acceptance of bribe money concerning the investigation by the House Committee probing the fuel subsidy scam. The question of who initiated a relationship is completely irrelevant when determining the guilt or otherwise of the giver and taker of bribe money.

(2) The sum of $620,000 dollars out of a grand total of $3million price tag actually exchanged hands between Otedola and Lawan. No party is disputing this fact.

(3) Otedola involved the State Security Service (SSS) and the scene was recorded when the money was handed over to Lawan to prove that he was pressured to part with the money.

(4) Even though Lawan claims he collected the money to expose Otedola, he (Lawan) did not involve any law-enforcement agency when collecting the money. QUESTION: So how on earth did Farouk Lawan ever hope to later convince anyone that those dollars came from Otedola when Otedola’s name is not written on the dollars? How did he ever hope to “expose” him?

(5) A few hours after collecting the dollars, Farouk Lawan stood up on the floor of the House and, instead of exposing Otedola, he was actually shielding him by convincing his colleagues to remove Otedola’s company name from the list of indicted companies in the Report. That was the point that Lawan was expected to tell the world that he just collected bribe money, and like has been done in the past, spill the money on the floor of the House. He did not do so.

(6) It was not until the scandal broke out in the Press that Farouk Lawan did something. He first denied ever collecting money and said he did not go to Otedola’s house and that if there is any such video, it must have been doctored.

(7) Less than 24 hours later, Lawan sang a different tune. He now said he actually went to Otedola’s house to collect money, but it was to “expose” Otedola.

(cool The only “expose” Lawan claimed he did was to write a hand-written note to Honourable Adams Jagaba, Chairman House Committee on Narcotics and Financial Crimes, to purport to hand over the bribe money to him. Honourable Jagaba has since denied that this ever happened. Why did farouk lawan not approach one single law-enforcement agency with the bribe money, Keyamo questioned.

He stated further that:

(9) The bribe money that is the all-important evidence to “nail” Otedola cannot be produced by Farouk Lawan now despite repeated demands by the Police. Keyamo asked: How come Farouk Lawan treated his all-important evidence with so much levity that he did not make Honourable Jagaba to acknowledge receiving the dollars in writing when he purportedly handed it over to him?

He observed that,

(10) On the other hand, it has since emerged that Femi Otedola kept all his audio and video evidence intact and has decided to release them piecemeal to the public.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police, SSS, Broker Peace Between Wike, Amaechi / BREAKING: Presidency Speaks On Plot To Arrest CJN, Frame Court Justices / Senator Florence Ita Giwa Turns 69 Today - Happy Birthday To Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.