Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment (13630 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by GboyegaD(m): 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
musKeeto:
Um, he didn't post it on youtube. It was someone else who did..

Whoever did is not the issue. He was not apologetic that he abused the lady and that is the issue here. I am so sure if he had been remorseful for his act, people would have let go but his justification of the wrong act is totally annoying. Before everyone who comes to church starts getting slapped, there is a need to curtail it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by bman2003: 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

For trying to find justice for a young woman?

You are a disgusting human being. If this is christianity, then I would rather burn in hell than share heaven with you. azzhole
Why are you so foolish, are you sensible at all? how dare you talk about justice? have you been attacked by wickedness before? you want to burn in hell? dont be a fool!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by GboyegaD(m): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
monami2abd: If i were the judge i'll thow the case out of my court. Men of God should be above the law........

Were you out of your mind when you typed this? The most annoying thing is that some people somewhere would be proud they invested money educating you not knowing they could have channelled it to some more profitable ventures.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by ochiaha1(m): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
monami2abd: If i were the judge i'll thow the case out of my court. Men of God should be above the law........

I know you dont support Bishop Oyedepo slapping the poor girl, but only laced your article with sarcasm to draw Nairalanders ire out. The sarcasm was lost to them, but I understand your drift quite well smiley

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by GboyegaD(m): 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2012
monami2abd: May God forgive u all. So are u guys saying a man of God should be judged because of such(slapping)? Well i guess you guys are not religious. Better repent!!!!!! i repeat judge throw this case out of your court to avoid hell on the judgment day.

The major challenge of the Nigerian society. Bigotry has infiltrated everywhere. If your assertion is anything to go by, then you also have committed a sin by judging the judge of this case.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by alaoeri: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
Oyedepo should just accept that he don f!uck up make he give the lawyer small money that's what he's looking fȍr and the case should just be buried τ̲̅ȍ avoid bringing unnecessary hullabaloo afterall they are all doing business.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by monami2abd: 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
GboyegaD:

Were you out of your mind when you typed this? The most annoying thing is that some people somewhere would be proud they invested money educating you not knowing they could have channelled it to some more profitable ventures.

I wont say anything negative back at u coz i know u r possesed wit similar spirit our amiable, blessed daddy removed from that girl dat fateful day. Repent!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
mkmyers45:

slowpoke... angry angry angry
just like rev king should be above the law...are u kidding? Like really, are there people that still think this way in this age and time?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by phenom666(m): 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
I will build my church and the gate of hell should not per....... Againt it. That lawyer is a devil
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by erniok(m): 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
Those of you that believe that Barr bob wants to get justice for the girl needs to Have a rethink. He's only looking out for himself [fame and fortune]. Just imagine it was d poor girl and a lagos bus conductor.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by adsega(m): 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2012
[quote
author=FXKing2012]

So he is only doing it for selfish purpose, not really
for justice. Then who is committing the bigger crime? Is it not the
lawyer?
Why did u cut off the part where I said tens of thousands of children
get slapped in Nigeria everyday. Since when is slapping a child a crime
in Nigeria. Do u want to tell me u have never slapped a child (thatz if u
r in Nigeria)? Corporal punishment is not a crime in Nigeria and it's
used daily by millions of Nigerians.
[/quote]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by TokyoBulls(m): 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2012

Men of God should be above the law? How? Why? How does the constitution define 'Men of God'? Even in the Bible (Acts of Apostle), Peter reprimanded Paul for ding something wrong - pretence.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by logicboy01: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
erniok: Those of you that believe that Barr bob wants to get justice for the girl needs to Have a rethink. He's only looking out for himself [fame and fortune]. Just imagine it was d poor girl and a lagos bus conductor.

Oyedepo should have more class than a bus conductor
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by redcliff: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

For trying to find justice for a young woman?

You are a disgusting human being. If this is christianity, then I would rather burn in hell than share heaven with you. azzhole

i would assume u;ve not been to hell before cos if u have, then where to sit to type this fuct.ard statement, u'l call it heaven. nitwitt
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by HyeBits: 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
celeboi: The Lawyer should sue this people in the Picture. That Broom in The Picture is for Flogging...which is even worst than SLAP.
Kindly show us where the broom is used for flogging.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by logicboy01: 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
redcliff:

i would assume u;ve not been to hell before cos if u have, then where to sit to type this fuct.ard statement, u'l call it heaven. nitwitt

Ode, hell doesnt exist. No proof, nothing
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
GboyegaD:

Whoever did is not the issue. He was not apologetic that he abused the lady and that is the issue here. I am so sure if he had been remorseful for his act, people would have let go but his justification of the wrong act is totally annoying. Before everyone who comes to church starts getting slapped, there is a need to curtail it.

Bro, the pastor will not apologize for slapping the girl just like a doctor will not apologize for stabbing an injection in ur buttocks in order to inject drugs into your body.

The girl wasn't forced to come out for deliverance, but since she came out, if the pastor's method of deliverance is by slapping her, then she has to subject herself to the slap or she shudnt have come out in the first place.

You can't sue a doctor for slapping ur arm while trying to find a vein to inject medicine.

The lawyer is jst being silly and looking for ways 2 make money of the pastor.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by adsega(m): 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
nobody is above d law. na so some naval officers brutalize a 24yr old lady in lagos, some yrs back. thanx to BRF dat made sure d girl got justice. if d bishop is guilty, HE SHOULD PAY
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by redcliff: 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

Oyedepo should have more class than a bus conductor

come to think of it, why not he go and seek justice to young girls getting raped, being molested and people being bullied in scul. cos the person in question is oyedepo. 2bn ko. is that how to make money so quick these days? angry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by HyeBits: 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
bman2003:
Why are you so foolish, are you sensible at all? how dare you talk about justice? have you been attacked by wickedness before? you want to burn in hell? dont be a fool!!

People like you are the reason this country and the world is in this state of confusion. Religion comes to establish justice and peace. One can't exist without the other, the reason Jesus Christ did not stone the prostitute to death. Man of God indeed!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by karpentar: 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
[b][/b]
Slapping a child (child abuse) and corporal punishment are crimes in Nigeria. Assaulting someone by slapping them is a criminal offence. Just because lots of people do it does not make it right. "Everybody does it" is no defence either. If a police man kills an innocent citizen and says but police kill people all the time, does that mean he should not be prosecuted? Should Farcrook be let off the hook because lots of lawmakers take bribes?

I try not to pass judgement on others, most especially a man of God, so I have no comment on what Bishop Oyedepo did. All I know is that we have laws that we should all abide by. That is what Jesus taught us along with teachings of love for others and peace to your fellow man.

Your assertion is conflicting. You said you're not passing judgement and at the same time you're identifying someone as a "man of God" just for the reason that, he owns a church? Are you absolutely certain he's a man of God? Please leave judgement to God as instructed by the bible.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by erniok(m): 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
@logicboy, oh yes, he sure has but u have not looked at the lawyers motive. That's my ref pt.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by monami2abd: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
adsega: nobody is above d law. na so some naval officers brutalize a 24yr old lady in lagos, some yrs back. thanx to BRF dat made sure d girl got justice. if d bishop is guilty, HE SHOULD PAY

Bishop should pay Watch wat u say!!! Daddy saved us from one of d witches dat delay and destroy our destinies and u r saying he should pay?? Ask for forgiveness for ur ignorance...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by HyeBits: 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
erniok: Those of you that believe that Barr bob wants to get justice for the girl needs to Have a rethink. He's only looking out for himself [fame and fortune]. Just imagine it was d poor girl and a lagos bus conductor.
If Oyedepo behaves like a bus conductor as you have posited, despite his status and accolades given by this same unfortunate sheep. Then he should be called for proper accountability for impersonation as man of God instead of a bus conductor.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

There is no proof in the physical for things that exist in the spiritual.

What is the difference btw a dead body and a living body?

It is the life that is absent in it.. That life is spiritual. Even though all the body parts and fluid are present in the dead body, without that LIFE, the body is useless.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Onasa22: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

What is the lawyer's business in all this? Why carry it on his head as if he was the one slapped by the bishop? Cant u see he's being used by the devil to distract worshipers? Tens of thousands of children get slapped everyday in Nigeria, why not go suing others? Why is it only Bishop Oyedepo that deserves to be sued?

The Pastor who slapped a woman inside the church was not used by the devil, it's the Lawyer who sued him that's being used by the devil. Hypocrite!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by erniok(m): 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
@hye, he didn't behave like a bus conductor. Stop Jumping the gun and follow my logic. I'm looking at the lawyer's motive. Do u really believe he wad out to get justice? U tink legal fees won't be paid?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by redcliff: 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

i'm sorry for u..i wont go back and forth with u.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2012
musKeeto:
Um, he didn't post it on youtube. It was someone else who did..

correct
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

So he is only doing it for selfish purpose, not really for justice. Then who is committing the bigger crime? Is it not the lawyer?
Why did u cut off the part where I said tens of thousands of children get slapped in Nigeria everyday. Since when is slapping a child a crime in Nigeria. Do u want to tell me u have never slapped a child (thatz if u r in Nigeria)? Corporal punishment is not a crime in Nigeria and it's used daily by millions of Nigerians.
this guy have a verry little or no knowledge of what he's talking about.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by GboyegaD(m): 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
monami2abd:

I wont say anything negative back at u coz i know u r possesed wit similar spirit our amiable, blessed daddy removed from that girl dat fateful day. Repent!!

Stupid.ity at its peak! You got nothing to say because you even do not have an understanding of what you are saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? / What Is The Difference Between Sunday Service And Sunday Mass? / If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.