Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? (5757 Views)

Zik: A Genuine Nationalist Or A Fraud. / I Open Cap And Prosrated For Baba Ayanoku He Is A Nationalist! / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 03, 2012
El-Rufai, a very intelligent man, fearless in action and utterances, but extreme in sentiments, religious views.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by member10: 10:18am On Jul 03, 2012
[size=13pt]I hope you guys know he's most likely going to see this thread.[/size]
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by jmaine: 10:19am On Jul 03, 2012
A Political jobber of the highest order grin
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by jmaine: 10:21am On Jul 03, 2012
كلورين: [size=13pt]I hope you guys know he's most likely going to see this thread.[/size]

Who cares about that
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by seglan(m): 10:24am On Jul 03, 2012
By their fruit you shall know them. We don't need to be told before we know they are hypocrites.
Lets them them to leave our president alone, at least they've been in position of power before. What do they do with it?
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by bigass(f): 10:32am On Jul 03, 2012
كلورين: [size=13pt]I hope you guys know he's most likely going to see this thread.[/size]

thats the essence

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by 2goodbobo(m): 10:34am On Jul 03, 2012
When you talk of Nationalist, we are suppose to be talking of people such as: The great ZIK, Obafemi Awolowo,Sir Ahmadu Bello to mention just a few. The word 'Nationalist' entails so many positive display of Selflessness, Honesty, unsentimental, one that is free from corruption and finally one that has done so much for his country in general. Having said all this, El Rufai is not even worthy of tiring the lace of the aforementioned names, talk more of been Tag a Nationalist. Please we should the Context in which we use such powerful word!

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by BeraBera(f): 10:38am On Jul 03, 2012
And so what? He should learn his lessons from this thread and make amends
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Afam4eva(m): 10:38am On Jul 03, 2012
2goodbobo: When you talk of Nationalist, we are suppose to be talking of people such as: The great ZIK, Obafemi Awolowo,Sir Ahmadu Bello to mention just a few. The word 'Nationalist' entails so many positive display of Selflessness, Honesty, unsentimental, one that is free from corruption and finally one that has done so much for his country in general. Having said all this, El Rufai is not even worthy of tiring the lace of the aforementioned names, talk more of been Tag a Nationalist. Please we should the Context in which we use such powerful word!
At the same time, nationalism entails having a nationalistic outlook rather than regional or ethnic. In that vein, apart from ZIK, those other leaders you listed are not qualified to be called nationalists.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by bubadaniel13: 10:43am On Jul 03, 2012
I just wonder who El-rufai is decieving,if he doesn't have shame he should keep quiet.I could remember vividly the senate in 2007 passed a resolution that El-rufai should not be allowed to hold ant public office due to highheadedness and height of intercut all arrogance and misuse of public office..Besides that,the lanky and smallish surveyor boasted that in his family they have short life span.What will you say of a man who justified the illegal allocation to his family members as "are they not Nigerians".moreso,he paid a corp member salaries and allowances over and above a director.He talks with authority as if his hands are clean far from Mallam.I don't have anything against this intelligent man,but he should know that his hands are also not clean,because he will comes to equity must come with clean hands.By this deductions El-rufai is more of a hypocrite than a Nationalist.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by BeraBera(f): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2012
LET'S HAVE A LOOK @ THIS ALSO:

Mohammed Rafindadi
Yar'Adua Must Prosecute El-Rufai Now For Corruption
Author: Mohammed Rafindadi | November 14, 2007

There is no doubt that Nigerians, particularly residents of Abuja and its environs will never forget the atrocities of the immediate former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nasir el Rufai.

There is no gainsaying in the fact that he had used his tenure to unleash terror on many hapless residents of Abuja and its environs all in the name of ‘correcting the distortion of the master plan’ of the city.

It is glaring that el Rufai was from all indications not speaking the truth when he said severally that no matter whose structure was constructed on a green area, a sewage or water line, he will use his position as Minister in charge of FCT to demolish same in any part of the city.

Even then, a number of affected Nigerians have described el Rufai as a big liar since there were developments sited on areas not earmarked for developments and in contravention of the master plan but he turned blind eyes on them because they were owned by some first class citizens.

What is coming to light from his weak and desperate explanations is that el Rufa’i took advantage of the frenzy of their departure on the eve of May 29 2007 to get the ex-President to sign away public assets to the ex-minister and other top officials of the government. The issue is that el Rufai has admitted selling to himself, the former Vice President Atiku’s Guest house in question.

It is revealing that el Rufai’s urge to buy the VP house came only two weeks to the handover of their government. According to him, he originated a memo, precisely on 15th May 2007 and allegedly got the President to approve the sale of the house to himself (and two other top-ranking officials) the following day! Why the rush to convert these public assets less than two weeks to their departure from government?

It is pertinent to ask el Rufai some key questions as regards the sale of the guest house in question. Who valued the house, who determined the prices at which they were sold? Others are who originated the memo for their sales, who supervised the sales and who were they sold to? If el Rufai is the same person engaged in these series of unbecoming activities, how could he justify this abuse of his office as minister in charge of the FCDA? Is this not a conflict of interest?

There are other questions that el Rufai must answer, to get the public to fully appreciate the level of looting that went on during the last days of the Obasanjo regime: Who are the two other public officers that were awarded the remaining Guest houses? How much did each of the three pay for the guest houses? How much did el Rufai in particular pay for the house he awarded to himself, and how did he pay for it?

El Rufai had publicly stated that he equally applied to buy the FCT Minister’s house located at Life Camp which is equivalent to Government Houses in the States, but that the ex-president surprisingly refused to approve it. Is there a limit to his desperate quest to buy up Abuja? How many more houses do this land speculator and ex-administrator of the FCT convert to himself in the city?

One can also recall that few days to his departure, el Rufai again engaged in massive sale of Abuja land, and in the process granted rights of occupancy to his companies, governors, ministers, his relations, and his cronies as published in several newspapers.

It is important to at this juncture recall the recent rejection of about 38 plots in choice areas of Abuja as announced at a recent federal executive council meeting to 7 former governors, including Yar’adua himself, ministers and other very important personalities.

The irony of the allocation of the 38 plots by el Rufai before he left is that they were all located in green areas, which are not sites for development purposes. Similar plots allocated in green areas by previous administrations and developed by their owners were demolished and reclaimed by him. How then comes el Rufai also allocated and refused to demolish the green area plots?

El Rufai had always insisted that plots allocated in green areas were demolished and reclaimed by the FCT because of ‘overriding public interest and the need to check violation of the Abuja master plan’. Are the 38 plots he allocated to Yar’adua, former governors and ministers not covered by the need to check abuse of the city’s master plan?

One is amazed that el Rufai is today trying to justify these barefaced looting of public assets! By the mere fact of his incestuous sale of former Vice President Atiku’s guest house to himself, el Rufai has shown that he is ‘a hypocrite who pays only lip service to the much vaunted anti-corruption crusade’.

Before his appointment as Minister, el Rufai had, as Director General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises; BPE committed a number of blunders that have caused this country loss of dignity and billions of Naira.

He was indicted by the national assembly and banned for life from occupying any public office for ten years for attempting to influence his screening as federal minister by the Nigerian Senate with an attempt to bribe them. This was however rejected by Obasanjo, another insincere anti corruption czar.

It is however heart warming hearing Nigeria’s minister of Justice, Mike Aondoakaa saying that el Rufai will soon face trial over his indictment by the national assembly over corrupt practices.Specifically, Aondoakaa mentioned NITEL/PENTASCOPE deal in which el Rufai was indicted for his role in the sales of NITEL to TRANSCORP while he served as BPE’s Director General. The Senate indicted him and banned him from holding public office for 50 years.

I have no doubt in my mind that el Rufia is a criminal who deserves nothing but total prosecution. Aondoakaa must do all within his powers to prosecute el Rufai. He had abused the trust reposed in him by Nigeria as BPE chief executive and federal minister. He must be made to pay for his selective and sentimental administration of the BPE and FCT ministry.

Barrister Rafindadi Mohammed
Katsina
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by lacasa: 10:48am On Jul 03, 2012
El-rufai is no Natioonalst nor is he a hyppocrite

No Nigerian politician can be classified as a Nationalist.

El-rufai is not a hypocrite, as he has never been a flip-flopper on issues he comments on

But, no doubt El-rufai is a professional anϑ a performer.

He is one of the biggest achievers in relation τ̅o the office of Ministers in Nigeria's history

Only empty vessels insult anϑ only the intelligent objectively analyze

and unfortunately, NL is filled τ̅o the brim with the formerundecided
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by BeraBera(f): 10:59am On Jul 03, 2012
El-Ruffian: Saint With Soiled Robes

Indeed, E-Rufai�s arrogant wallowing in the putrid pit of corruption induces nausea. As Director-General of Bureau for Public Enterprise (BPE), El-Rufai could not account for N141 billion that had accrued to the nation through the controversial privatization programme. Quoting the belly-aching discovery of the senate committee, Daily Independent on Sunday, September 5, 2004, reported that under El-Rufai, the BPE �only remitted N45 billion to the CBN but withdrew N35 billion a week later, leaving a balance of N2.4 billion in the account.� Indeed, El-Rufai, characteristically, refused to sign the BPE 2002 audited accounts as required by law.
In December 2003, El-Rufai also made the following questionable payments to a certain M.S. Hamidu for �special services�: N5,488,500.00 (Dec.17), N 8,119,355.00 (Dec.22), N10,850,000.00 (the same day), and N4,788,160.00 (Dec.22).
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by kinkyshoe: 11:05am On Jul 03, 2012
I always knew dere was so tin he was trying to hide with all the shouting and antics to divert attention from him. He and other traitors like him should be in jail for their monkey, baboon and dog blood politics. Definitely a hypocrite.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 11:08am On Jul 03, 2012
D irony is,it's u idiots dat are d hypocrate in dis issue.U guys just hate he 4 no reason,just because he is 4m d north.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 03, 2012
I don't have any problems with El Rufai. He has been investigated and nothing substantial found against him. The only charge against him is that he allocated lands to his family members. His two wives each had a plot allocated to them. I see it as conflict of interest and a demonstration of Nasir's infallibity. Be that as it may, how many of our leaders can be subjected to such scrutiny and come out clean. El Rufai represents the future for Nigeria. Continuous hounding of the man is not to Nigeria's interest. His intelligence and forthrightness can be harnessed.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by AjanleKoko: 11:45am On Jul 03, 2012
He's definitely a hypocrite. My view.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by HammedSodiqq: 11:57am On Jul 03, 2012
It beats my imagination when people who contributed in no small measure to our present predicament, are given media and online attention. Have we forgotten the woes El rufia plunged the country into when he was the FCT minister and head of BPE? Awarding land to himself, families and friends, sales of govt properties and installations without recourse to due process, illegally revoking people's land and reawarding same at will, and illegal demolition of people's houses. Recently, El rufai and his ignorant disciple Victoria Ohaeri queried the demolition of houses used as bomb factory in the north by the JTF. This action has revealed him as a cohort, a sympathiser, and a supporter of evil. El rufai masquerades as a saint. No wonder he has been indicted by the national assembly. Nigerians know him, and will place him where he belongs.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by nagoma(m): 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
Billyonaire: El-Rufai, a very intelligent man, fearless in action and utterances, but extreme in sentiments, religious views.

can you give us some examples of those extreme views? To say that Jona is not performing is an extreme view, isn't it?
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by folex101: 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
Let d man go and sit joo, after all he too chop money when he was in Govt......all na gbelo gbebooo, him hand no clean for naija wahala..... He is among those dat place us where we are now ooo
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by MurphyT1: 12:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
without mixing words, he is really an hypocrite...the way and manner he piloted affairs while in power was so inimical, appalling, inhuman and selfishly minded..in one of his articles he said Nig's problems is as a result of cumulative failed pass Leadership, I wonder if he wasn't part of the pass leadership, if yes, then he is also one of the causes of Nig's problems.
So today, when I see El Rufai fighting on the side of the masses, I cannot help but wonder why he feels so suddenly passionate about these causes. If he did back then, he could have done soooo much more for the people while he was in government and had the ears of the president. Instead, he used his offices to benefit his friends and relatives ONLY! Most times at the expense of other citizens.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by kasiem(m): 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
nagoma: We need more Nationalists like el -Rufai in Nigeria to bring this criminal corrupt PDP government to their senses . There are too many Jona bootlickers who do not see anything wrong with all the blunders this corrupt and clueless president is making on a daily basis.
nationalists indeed! What can one say in a land where boko harams are vindicated and venerated, if not this vacuous thing?
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by boyendowed(m): 12:21pm On Jul 03, 2012

I really hope that bigot and hypocrite is going through this thread
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
When I saw the headline I had to be here. I follow this man on twitter and he‘s not but a bitter fellow. He‘s never objective he‘s even more bigoted than some nlders.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Dpeacemaker101: 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
I wanted to avoid making any comment on this particular topic, cause of some reasons best known to me. As I always say, Elrufai is a frustrated and shameless hypocrite, who has turned back to criticize the same government he was a top list member,cause he fell out with the government does not give him right to criticize unconstructively. Am happy that there are still sane people in this forum, that now realize how fast this man is going crazy by the day. He now tweets like a 15yrs old kid on tweeter. I pray he realizes his stupidity early.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Dpeacemaker101: 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
that is the main aim.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
Toktee: So many illitrate on nairaland,since the return to democracy in 1999,i want you fools to point out one person or persons apart from el rufai nd ribadu,who performed most,and i want u fools to give reasons why el-rufai is a tribalist and hypocrite,failure to answer the above question,i will advice you to shut up

Hey! Don't be showcasing your ill upbringing and ill manners by calling folks fool because they have an opinion you don't share. Smh! All these small children parading in nairaland sef!
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
I just hope he will stop showing what a a bigot he is. After all he was once in government and we didn't hear any criticism from him
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Mallamabdul: 12:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ibrahim mr fish: D irony is,it's u idiots dat are d hypocrate in dis issue.U guys just hate he 4 no reason,just because he is 4m d north.
my brother, let's be sincere to ourselves.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ibrahim mr fish: D irony is,it's u idiots dat are d hypocrate in dis issue.U guys just hate he 4 no reason,just because he is 4m d north.
your father is an id.i.o
lacasa: El-rufai is no Natioonalst nor is he a hyppocrite

No Nigerian politician can be classified as a Nationalist.

El-rufai is not a hypocrite, as he has never been a flip-flopper on issues he comments on

But, no doubt El-rufai is a professional anϑ a performer.

He is one of the biggest achievers in relation τ̅o the office of Ministers in Nigeria's history

Only empty vessels insult anϑ only the intelligent objectively analyze

and unfortunately, NL is filled τ̅o the brim with the formerundecided
.t. Name those in the former. I suppose you are part of the intelligent vessel. Olodo/mumu.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
He claimed to be "a ruffler of feathers" abi?

He ought to engage the govt on the way forward cos he was once a part of the ruling party. But since he fell out of favour with the PDP/FG he's been unnecessarily vindictive against GEJ, an action which has eroded his seemingly good intentions and made him hypocritical.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by tosank: 1:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
ElRufai is now a liability to his supporters as he keeps posting unbelievably unintelligient things on his twitter and fb page.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Port-Harcourt-based Firms Dump Wastes In Aba — Ikpeazu / Why Living With A Nigerian Wife Abroad Is No Longer Fashionable! / Enough Of This Igbos And The Thoery Of Dominance And Phobia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.