Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? (5749 Views)

Zik: A Genuine Nationalist Or A Fraud. / I Open Cap And Prosrated For Baba Ayanoku He Is A Nationalist! / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by OmanIman: 11:23pm On Jul 02, 2012
"The most intriguing and upsetting action of el Rufai during his tenure as FCT Minister is the fact that he revokes plots of other Nigerians on the excuse that they were on sewage or other utility lines but reallocates them to himself, relations, wives, children, friends or cronies. What then can you say about such actions of a person who claims to be the most morally upright person in the country? Isn?t that hypocrisy?"
http://www.ngex.com/news/public/article.php?ArticleID=920
P.S
Moderator pls post on Front Page let's "Dissect this El-Rufai sef....more to come

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by OmanIman: 12:06am On Jul 03, 2012
What disturbs me most is d fact dat Mallam now fancies himself as a whistle blower,deluding himself into being a "Squeaky" clean Saint,playing on the intelligence of all Nigerians!Hav we 4gotten so soon his antics as DG BPE and FCT minister?The controversies that trailed his time in power,the many women and wives that scored land and houses that were revoked frm people who actually suffered to own them?Hav we 4gotten so quickly all his atrocities?Yt dis is d same man who sits in d comfort of his ill gotten house to Criticise Govt!SMH!!Hw many Nairalanders can afford to pay d exhorbitant rent in Abuja tanx to Mallam RUFFY!I'm dead set against Corruption bt pls No Blemished person shld point a finger @ another who is just lik him!I wonder hw pple lik dat sleep @ nite?

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by PointB: 12:08am On Jul 03, 2012
He is a thief and a corrupt mega clown!

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by qualified(f): 5:32am On Jul 03, 2012
PointB: He is a thief and a corrupt mega clown!

I'm at lost of words to qualify him, he is a hypocrite! All his atrocities as FCT minister are still haunting people, so many cases in d courts, so many land confusions caused in Abuja by his regime
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by defemz(m): 7:50am On Jul 03, 2012
Mallam El Rufai is a combination of a religious bigot and hypocrite.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by lwise(m): 7:56am On Jul 03, 2012
El rufai,a hypocrite,a bigot and a wounded snake.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by boyendowed(m): 9:07am On Jul 03, 2012
Definitely a hypocrite,religious bigot and tribalist
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Afam4eva(m): 9:08am On Jul 03, 2012
El-Rufai is not a hypocrite because his utterances are lucid for everyone. I've never really seen him as a pan-Nigerian. Most northern leaders share the a similar idiosyncrasy with him.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:08am On Jul 03, 2012
Nigeian Exchange News: El-Rufai: a nationalist or a hypocrite?
Author: Mohammed Rafindadi | April 28, 2008
There is no gainsaying in the fact that the immediate former Minister of the FCT, Nasir el- Rufai had stepped on so many toes� - some big, some small; a few justifiably and mostly unjustifiably. He had while in office shown some kind of exuberance while discharging his responsibilities.

Well, el Rufai can be excused on the basis of this. But unfortunately for el Rufai, his conduct as Minister had gone beyond exuberance. He had used his office to launch attacks on the interests and persons of the perceived enemies of the then despotic President of the country, Obasanjo. El Rufai was in a way on a rampage of all plots, houses, and other business premises of the opposition.

If the revelations of the General Manager of the Abuja Geographic Information Services, AGIS-the data base of the FCT Ministry on plots and houses, Ismaila Iro at the Senate committee investigating the conduct of the FCT in the eight years of the Obasanjio regime is anything to go by, then el Rufai�s claim of being a saint, a transparent, upright, decent, honest and incorruptible person are mere lies and deceit.

Iro had told the committee that less than 24 hours to the May 29, 2007 handover date, el Rufai among other devilish actions allocated 15 and 18 choosy plots in various locations within the Abuja City to his master, Obasanjo and to himself respectively.

The most intriguing and upsetting action of el Rufai during his tenure as FCT Minister is the fact that he revokes plots of other Nigerians on the excuse that they were on sewage or other utility lines but reallocates them to himself, relations, wives, children, friends or cronies. What then can you say about such actions of a person who claims to be the most morally upright person in the country? Isn�t that hypocrisy?

One can remember vividly when el Rufai called the then Nigeria�s Vice President names short of calling him a thief. He said that Nigeria will never be ruled by a thief. Apparently, he was referring to Atiku. But one is now compelled to ask who among Obasanjo, Atiku, el Rufai is a really thief who was caught hands down?

The defence put up by el Rufai�s aide, Balarabe Lawal on the said plots and his general maladministration of the FCT Ministry, to the effect that �he did not do anything unconstitutional, he followed due process and also acted within the confines of law and order are not only shallow, hypocritical but also moral bankruptcy and breach of the trust reposed in him by the country.

I must say I am bewildered by the words of el Rufai�s baseless and arrogant defence that �if el Rufai had wanted he would have used his office to grab more plots. He isn�t greedy�. This is merely a reflection of how contemptuous and disrespectful el Rufai was and still is to the sensibilities and persons of Nigerians.

The consolation to Nigerians today is that the Senate probe has exposed el Rufai for what he had all along being- morally bankrupt, self centred, greedy, hypocritical, arrogant and vindictive. Like one Emmanuel Yawe, a commentator on national issues and veteran journalist said in his piece in the New Nigerian newspaper of April 22, 2008 titled the wise Minister and Senate�, said �for el Rufai who played a role in the lynching of Atiku on grounds of corruption will end his public career in the cesspool of corruption�.

This is not only catastrophic but also shameful and a big disgrace to the family of el Rufai and the Zaria people of Kaduna state. It is also a slight to the prestigious quantity survey profession to which he belongs.

El Rufai�s hands as Director General of BPE and as Minister of FCT are soiled in professional misconduct in a number of places like the sales/ concession of the Hotel le Meridian, International conference Centre, Abuja international Airport, Garki hospital, Eagle Square and former Vice President Atiku�s guest houses.

Others were the steel rolling mills, especially Ajaokuta steel, NITEL, ALSCON, National stadium and National arts theatre among several other public financed enterprises that were heavily undervalued for his master and friends to buy over at a give away.

It is not an exaggeration to say that it was a jamboree of reckless spending of public funds wrapped in a series of unwholesome practices by the fake reformer at BPE and FCT.. What will be the reaction of el Rufai to committing N215million of government funds to the Garki hospital�s upgrading and refurbishment of facilities and thereafter dole it out on concession to his friend at N20million?

What of an expenses of N181million used in demolition exercise and another N22million in clearing the debris of demolished structures in the FCT? Can he justify this drain and misapplication of public funds?

It is my prayer that Nigeria�s professional body of Quantity surveyors will find time and reconsider his membership. He has not behaved, acted and conducted himself as a true ambassador of the profession. He has dragged its name in the mud and so he deserves a reciprocal treatment in return. He must be seriously sanctioned. Anything short of this will perpetually put the profession and its practitioners in bad light.

It is unfortunate that the leader of the reformers in government is now exposed in scandals of the year. The bottom line of the matter is that el Rufai�s fake reformist, transparent, patriotic, selfless and honest services to the country have been exposed.

I therefore advise the committee to recommend a judicial trial of el Rufai with a view to confiscating all his assets and jailing him so as to serve as a deterrent to others.

BARRISTER RAFINDADI MOHAMMED
(rafindadimohd (at) yahoo.com)
KATSINA

http://www.ngex.com/news/public/article.php?ArticleID=920

El-rufai is a cattlefucker just like Buhari, Atiku and many other northerns before him...

We are not moved by what he says.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by lafuria1(m): 9:13am On Jul 03, 2012
so na el rufai b una prblm this morning. Well neva liked d way he went wt d demolishing though. As 4 allocatin to self and frnds, we nid more than just beleif and heresay.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by sharpman1(m): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2012
I don't agree that El-Rufai is a hypocrite.

I also do not believe in all the lies peddled against him. I think that if he is guilty of the corruption he is being accused of, with the way he has been attacking the government, he should have been brought to book. The current Government does not seem to have any concrete evidence to hold against him. The government can also revoke the land he allocated to himself.

Except the government is not sincere about fighting corruption.

Concerning his tenure as FCT minister, it is very clear, that El-Rufai is till this day, the most effective minister the FCT ever had, except we don't want to be truthful with ourselves.

That said, i don't think he is a nationalist. He is a Northerner, and that is where his loyalty is.

11 Likes

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Lantycool: 9:17am On Jul 03, 2012
Who sent you dumb head, on his antecedences as fct minister, his was adjudged the best and still the best FCT minister Nigeria ever had. He may not be a saint but during his time houses were affordable. So tell us what you really have against him.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Joey82(m): 9:21am On Jul 03, 2012
In a country like Nigeria, i try to look at inviduals in either ways.
i cant swear for anybody that he/she is a nationalist, people speak and act from both sides of their mouths u can hardly tell who's for real.
i think elrufai though brilliant is an attention seeker and is sentimental when it comes to issues concerning the north.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by bigass(f): 9:28am On Jul 03, 2012
[size=17pt]if you follow him on twitter kindly send him Mr hypocrisy and unfollow him[/size]
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by ebamma(m): 9:29am On Jul 03, 2012
el-rufai is a clown,he is just angry that goodluck jonathan did not give him a post in his government.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by gurushill: 9:29am On Jul 03, 2012
nationalist is okay
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by justokey(m): 9:30am On Jul 03, 2012
I don't care what he did as FCT minister or as BPE director (if he is guilty one day the law will catch up with him), i dont even care if he criticises the government (it is his right to do so); what i find unforgivable is his politicising the killings going on in the North, justifying these killings and insulting the southern christians in the north who are mostly at the receiving end.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by dabrake(m): 9:32am On Jul 03, 2012
one bloody ba[i]sta[/i]rd. he now act as our saviour. i remember back in the days when some of my friends parents live in fear due to his corrupt commandeering of lands. today, he is acting like a saviour. same as buhari. one of the 'corruptest' head of state. mtchew
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by NaijaNaWaa: 9:39am On Jul 03, 2012
Mallam Nasir Ahmad Naisir El Rufai is an unrepentant hypocrite, a tribalist, Islamic fanatic, a corrupt, doubled-faced, holier-than-thou, pretentious and grandstanding mega looter with neither feeling nor conscience whose new vocation is to mislead as many gullible youths as possible. Where Nigeria to be China, that dwarf would have been long hung for the mega corrupt Pentascope deal that ruined NITEL finally.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by nagoma(m): 9:43am On Jul 03, 2012
We need more Nationalists like el -Rufai in Nigeria to bring this criminal corrupt PDP government to their senses . There are too many Jona bootlickers who do not see anything wrong with all the blunders this corrupt and clueless president is making on a daily basis.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Moderrator: 9:44am On Jul 03, 2012
la furia: so na el rufai b una prblm this morning. Well neva liked d way he went wt d demolishing though. As 4 allocatin to self and frnds, we nid more than just beleif and heresay.

Your name sounds like El Rufai spelt upside down. Art thou he?

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Toktee(m): 9:48am On Jul 03, 2012
So many illitrate on nairaland,since the return to democracy in 1999,i want you fools to point out one person or persons apart from el rufai nd ribadu,who performed most,and i want u fools to give reasons why el-rufai is a tribalist and hypocrite,failure to answer the above question,i will advice you to shut up

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by aryzgreat: 9:49am On Jul 03, 2012
EL-RUFAI IS A TWO FACE GOAT! CRIMINAL TRYING HARD TO BE A NATIONALIST

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Toktee(m): 9:52am On Jul 03, 2012
aryzgreat: EL-RUFAI IS A TWO FACE GOAT! CRIMINAL TRYING HARD TO BE A NATIONALIST
Reasons for your ranting and accusations
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by revomind(m): 9:57am On Jul 03, 2012
el-rufai is a hypocrite. thats no news.

however he is a darn good one. most of his criticisms against the government at both state and federal level are usually almost irrebuttable.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by amdy08: 10:04am On Jul 03, 2012
Lantycool:
Who sent you dumb head, on his antecedences as fct minister, his was adjudged the best and still the best FCT minister Nigeria ever had. He may not be a saint but during his time houses were affordable. So tell us what you really have against him.
lantycool,av U̶̲̅ eva thought abt families thA̶̲̥̅t wia displacd in FCT wtout compensation.as i tell U̶̲̅ presently,sme of D̶̲̥̅̊ properties EL rufai demolishd are yet †̥ be developd.he is a beast.and a hypocrist.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Walecole74: 10:04am On Jul 03, 2012
Looking critically into Elrufai's personality you will conclude that all that he did was absolutely not his fault. How could a short devil like him be given such absolute powers without been checkmated by anybody when we all know that power corrupts and absolute power currupt absolutely .
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 03, 2012
A hypocrite 4 sure
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by isquar3d3(m): 10:06am On Jul 03, 2012
if d youths need sm1 2 speak 4 dem, dat persn is def NOT el rufai. He has been dere, done it and nw u want 2 convince me dat he's nt a bloody hypocrite. Nobody who worked unda d 'great' OBJ esp as close 2 hm as FCT minister cn claim to b a saint. His hands are soiled. He shld quit insulting our intelligence.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Ribaman(m): 10:08am On Jul 03, 2012
@all!
I choose to wade into this matter with caution,for a number of reasons. I first noticed El Rufai during his BPE days, he came across as informed, patriotic and honest. His antics in The FCT have left a trail of tears and painful memories, he acted in some cases like a bull in a china shop!
One big reason why I am urging caution is the simple fact that El Rufai is adept at giving off strange, if not weird, signals. He has succeeded in making his true personality difficult to describe or define, and this is no mean feat. Like it or not, the man is simply smart at self-definition.
Sadly, this Iis Nigeria, no journalist or news group is ready to dig up his trail. Something tells me he is trying to cultivate the political ground for some future electoral harvest.
I don't rust the man, but I can't prove anything against him

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by nagoma(m): 10:13am On Jul 03, 2012
El Rufai made Abuja a place of pride for Nigerians by enforcing laws , many of them unpopular but good for the country. He is now tireless in giving our hesitant mild mannered sleeping president a regular wake-up call. El- Rufai loves Jonathan and Nigeria.Those praising Jona now are his (GEJ's) real enemiies, and if he continues to listen to them he will end up being the worst leader ever produced in Africa. He is already the worst in Nigeria's history.
Re: El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? by Euroclydon(m): 10:15am On Jul 03, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]We need more Nationalists like el -Rufai in Nigeria to bring this criminal corrupt PDP government to their senses . There are too many Jona bootlickers who do not see anything wrong with all the blunders this corrupt and clueless president is making on a daily basis.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)[/font
]
@ Nagoma.... You are one of the little ones contributing to the problems in Nigeria wit your lack of focus and blindness or do I say a deliberate derail from the subject of this thread. Focus Mr Man,am sure u are jobless cos of this ya shortage and total absence of focus. Judging from this thread alone,I know you!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Types Of Election Rigging Methods And How To Stop Them / Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria / Thugs Hired From Lagos Tried To Stone Saraki-APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.