Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) (34354 Views)

Aregbesola Visits Ooni Ogunwusi, Squats In His Palace. See Photos / Emir Of Ibi Gave Melaye Fish At His Palace (Photos) / Buhari's Meeting With The Presidents Of Chad, Niger, Cameroon, Benin In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Sweetlemon(f): 11:37am On Jul 04, 2012
maasoap: What kind of humility can you find in a man who doesn't give a damn about what 160million Nigerians think? It is about what he wants from the King. Election is near and they need favour from the Oba, you know some kind of influence. What did you think made him go there in the first place? Can he destroy Benin? No! But can only removed the Oba through some kind of politics and manipulation, but his damaged image and declining popularity will become worse.
Please help me educate them
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Orebukola(m): 11:42am On Jul 04, 2012
Alxmyr: If this is true, Mr. President earn my respect for this.
For a man whose singular word can change the entire Benin kingdom or whatever remain of it,
to have humbled himself to the extent of sitting for a king, this is an epitome of humility.
I don't know if this picture is true, but if it is, I am very humbled by this.
THIS IS HUMILITY AT ITS PEAK.
tank u true talk,sign of humility ni yen ke, a whole president and his vice.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Kpakam(m): 11:52am On Jul 04, 2012
esikpogho: thou Oba did not snub Good luck.but can some one tell me what did nigeria law say if president go to some body house to ASK FOR HELP and he was snub.did that person BRAKE any law?i know that not every home in US can open his door to Obama.his Royal highness oba of benin is WELL LEARN,he has two law degree from Cambridge i don't think a WELL LEARN traditional ruler like that can delibratly BRAKE any law.
You are a Big Fool
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Dhelake: 11:56am On Jul 04, 2012
Chinom: If the snub really happened, then the Oba is the real di*ckhead here. This cannot happen in the US or Europe. A vindictive OBJ would deal with this Oba squarely without him knowing where the blow came from. Thank God we have GEJ. He is the MAN here, not the pathetic Oba. That is,if the snub actually happened. Who publicised this picture anyway ?.
Na lie joor! Itz only d king who dont knw their worths, when obj was in power, Oba Of Lagos spoke badly of him, all he could do was to remove him 4rm being the pro chancellor of uniben ... Those kings nids to start behavin lyk dis
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Dhelake: 11:58am On Jul 04, 2012
For a man whose singular word can change the entire Benin kingdom or whatever remain of it,
to have humbled himself to the extent of sitting for a king, this is an epitome of humility.
Then ur respect has no dignity
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Kpakam(m): 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
jaybee:

[size=14pt]THIS IS NOT HUMILITY; IT IS WEAKNESS AND DESPERATION. HE WANT TO USE HIS POSITION AS PRESIDENT TO COERCE THE OBA INTO ENDORSING HIS PDP CANDIDATE IN EDO STATE ELECTION.[/size] DON'T PAINT A FALSE PICTURE OF A WEAKLING, PLEASE.
Does The Oba Have any Right To Decide Who The Governor Of The State Wil Be?He Is Pompous datz Why Lucky Igbinedion did not attach any Importance To His Office,If PDP Want to Claim Edo State,They Wil do It with Or Without The Oba,Xo E Should Stop Finkin He Is Important
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by 3kay945(m): 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
ifihearam: Meaning you are a product of your father. Abusing someone who is older than your father and better than him by all standard in life. Smh
tongue
I know you are doing your job, just keep it up cos your promotion is now visible.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by PhysicsQED(m): 1:12pm On Jul 04, 2012
Alxmyr: For anyone to come here and insinuate that GEJ was not invited to the palace or that the Oba was performng one ritual is baseless

GEJ WAS NOT INVITED TO THE PALACE. How can you not get that through your head?

Why are you goats so goat brained? When will you become full fledged humans?

Why was other people with GEJ refused entry into the palace? Its purely politics.

Those people have already been in the palace before to see the Oba, more than once! And they'll be back there again desperately seeking favor at some point in the future.

I once said somewhere, the Oba has shown over the years that he has issue with self-esteem. Otherwise, what was his grouse with Esama of Bini, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion.

You're a confirmed id1ot for this comment.

Gabriel Igbinedion so blatantly and flagrantly disrespected his superior in the hierarchy of the palace multiple times that in any other place in Nigeria the man would probably have been permanently and irrevocably banned from any kind of association with that group's traditional institution.

The fact that the Oba eventually forgave him speaks volumes.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by PhysicsQED(m): 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by PhysicsQED(m): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2012
ifihearam: The oba was well informed about the presidents visit because hours if not days,the secret service must have swept the palace and position where the president would seat

LMAO! grin grin

Confirmed goat.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by ifihearam: 2:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
What is wrong with this Physics kid for crying loud sakes
If you have enslaved your mentality to a local king does that apply to every other person here??

Ok lemme ask you a question? So the president arrives a state and drives straight to the oba'a palace without no prior security checks abi?? Na wa oo
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by ifihearam: 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
What is wrong with this Physics kid for crying loud sakes
If you have enslaved your mentality to a local king does that apply to every other person here??

Ok lemme ask you a question? So the president arrives a state and drives straight to the oba'a palace without no prior security checks abi?? Na wa oo. I have been privileged to be in a convoy of a governor and I understand what it entails not to talk of a president. My guy park well.

My point exactly is that the oba was aware that the president was coming. Nothing else.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Baawaa(m): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
Theblessed: [size=16pt]Well for some, it looks funny and for sensitive others, it's disgraceful/pitiful!

Actually, it was the Oba that disrespected himself, really.

Nigerian politics did not start with Jonathan and won't end with him either as future Head of State had actually, drawn from this incident. By acting this way, the Oba only showed his immaturity and lack of diplomacy as a leader and I query is ability to lead his people.

From this attitude, he'd be so lucky to get more Presidential respect/visits in the future especially, from future Presidents. He'd be so lucky if they ever ring his 'BELL' in life again because, respect they say, is reciprocal or let me simply say, [color=#990000]give and take/receive
! [/color][/size]
the last phrase has no meaning to the Oba because he is not a politician
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Baawaa(m): 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
ideamaster: Those of you condemning the Oba, the question is: why did GEJ leave Aso rock to Benin to see the Oba?
Majority don't know,GEJ was there purposely for the oba to endorse there candidate and follow them to stadium,which the oba did for them
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
Kudos to the Oba od Bini for putting the clueless Retardeen Jonathan in his place.

Imagine Retardeen dressed up in beads like a little girl going to see father Xmas looking like a m0r0n that he is and not seeing the Oba?
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Alxmyr(m): 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
dayokanu: Kudos to the Oba od Bini for putting the clueless Retardeen Jonathan in his place.

Imagine Retardeen [b]dressed up in beads like a little girl going to see father Xma[/b]s looking like a m0r0n that he is and not seeing the Oba?

Are you saying Bini traditional wear is moronic?
I don't think so.
That is their cultural wear. Beads.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2012
Alxmyr:

Are you saying Bini traditional wear is moronic?
I don't think so.
That is their cultural wear. Beads.

Its the wearer that looks mor0nic. If Obasanjo wears suit just as he would look retardeed doesnt mean Suits are retardeed but the wearer is

Look at Retardeen Jonathan and what comes to your mind
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2012
Htown64: The question you guys should be asking should be...
Did the presidency inform the palace of his visit before time and if yes what was the response of the palace to the presidency. As for me being the president of nigeria does not give you the right to come into my crib unannounced!
You feel me?! wow
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Myself2(m): 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
I want to believe that the oba of Benin did not snub the president as that would be a very childish and immature thing to do,to what benefit would that be?to a large extent,the being one of the tradional rulers in Edo state,operates at the level of the state government,he is way way beneath the president in the scheme of things,and if the President decided to stay calm and wait for the oba to finish whatever he was doing(as if he was unaware the President was visiting)then he should be applauded for showing great maturity and self control in the face of a misguided childish prank.Though the Oba is known to meddle in bini/edo politics(that's why Gabriel Igbinedion took him to the cleaners and so disrecpected him in the 90s),if he actually snubbed the president,then he has ridiculed his "throne" and further eroded his credibility and status as father of all
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2012

IA.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Myself2(m): 10:18am On Jul 05, 2012
[quote author=PhysicsQED]

GEJ WAS NOT INVITED TO THE PALACE.quote]

Errr,mind substantiating with a verifiable link.Else shove your wild assertion up your anus
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by bibina: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
manny4life: I give GEJ my respect for this, unless I'm in an interview, a choice I cannot change; in authority, I DO NOT WAIT ON PEOPLE, and vice versa, they say respect is mutual and reciprocal. If I were GEJ shoes, upon arrival at the palace and the Oba is not seated, or even present, it means the Oba could not give him the deference as a sitting president, I will gently and respectfully turn back around and leave.

I love GEJ die! he carefully played out the philosophy which says "power is best used when it is not being used" it does not mean the power is not there, it simply means you choose to use it when it is extremely neccessary and of advantage to the larger sphere. My president you were well brought up, don't mind them, they cannot take it away from you. I bet you, this could cost the Edo governor a second term. afterall PDP installed him there.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by HighChief4(m): 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2012
brownlord:

shutup olodo, get accurate information before putting your dirty mouth in discussion you know nothing about

It has been proven that people who go about throwing insults on the internet are between the age of 5-10yrs. So wouldnt want to join issues with you. Maybe you didnt see the part where I said "I doubt the veracity of the story....."
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by dayokanu(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2012
what was the result of Retardeens visit
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by blaqoracle: 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
the oba is far bigger than the president!
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by dayokanu(m): 5:22am On Sep 28, 2012
grin
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by rycon07: 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
Clerverly: I Love this Oba die. I hope my hungry Igbo chiefs can learn from this Oba!!
See as the Mumu sit down like inwi grin
Go and sort out the NEPA and Boko Haram Wahala retardeen.

i tire o
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by rycon07: 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
Eltonluigi: Why is this faggit sittin' there like he's the Oba's wife or somethin'?

looks so to mi bruv
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Majoo: 8:20am On Feb 03, 2013
I gve respect for GEJ 4 his humbleness but Begger has no choices than Giver he want to beg for votes anything is nvr too big 4 him to do thanks
ROSSIKE: ^^^What do you mean by that facepalm rubbish? The Oba of Benin is a monarch of high integrity. The Benin Kingdom is world renowned and pre-dates the birth of your puny village by a thousand years!
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Afroconnect: 1:07pm On May 24, 2013
The Oba is no phony,he does as his conscience dictates-Jonathan is small compared to the Oba-this kingdom has lived for over 500years in greatness.

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by skyluv2000(m): 11:05am On Jun 28, 2013
dayokanu: Thank you Omo NOba Erediauwa for putting the clueless clown Retardeen Jonathan in his place.

On top say retardeen wear beads and dressed up for the occasion. What a m0r0n
you are such an uncultured and untrained clown, your father in the village cannot even enter Oba's gate talk more of sitting down on his seat. Ewu azughi azu.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by simpleseyi: 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
RICHIE BOI: Waiting patiently! here is a photo of jonathan waiting for the Oba of benin. when the Oba snubbed the PDP delegates on saturday 30th june..in the photo you see jonathan and vice president namadi sambo waiting for the Oba of benin at the Oba's Palace. grin grin

Expect something similar to this at our new Emir Muhammadu Sanusi Lamido's Palace but Jona will be sitting on the mat at the Emir's Palace and not on a chair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tony Nwulu Sponsored The Age Restriction Bill {photos} / Aisha Buhari At US Institute Of Peace (Photos) / Governor Aregbesola's Aged Mother Blesses As He Turns 60 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.