Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye (15408 Views)

Primate Ayodele: Buhari Can’t Take Us To Promise Land, Nigeria Will Break Up / Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by dot2002(m): 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2007
you get 0% for these wishy washy essay! man!! why? because you said you will stray in thought on both side and every point you made was one sided. Its no one business if you travel out or not it has nothing to do with God but with your qualification, if you are not qualified pray as you might they will turn you down based on the evidence of probabilities not GOD, foreigners too are paid to come to Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin grin,
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2007
dot2002
A more critical look then u discover the other side.
Thanks
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by na2day2(m): 1:02am On Dec 04, 2007
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i strongly reserve my comment.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by davidif: 2:21am On Dec 04, 2007
ha ha ha yeah riiiiiiiiight.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Nobody: 3:51am On Dec 04, 2007
quote from ne-yola;Where do I start from? ,  I remember a story in the bible, where a minister ( i think Elisha) prophesied that " By this time tomorrow , bread would be sold for a shekel,  e.t.c and the response was similar to the response i can see on this forum, continuing the bible story, I think the leper totally disagreed saying it was unethically logical for that to be so, the man of God told him, he would see but not partake, Lo and behold , the next day, it came to pass and the leper was trampled upon

@ ne-yola, It was an officer of the king that answered prophet Elisha not a leper, and it was this same officer that was trampled to death the following day at the gate. . . The lepers were the people who discovered that the syrian army had fled leaving valuables and food behind.2 kings 7
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by omobachi(m): 4:33am On Dec 04, 2007
I can see some church haters on this thread, but it is ok, you have always been representing from the beginning of time, like your fathers that persecuted the prophets of old like ya all, you are just like the Pharisees and the Sadducee grin. that crucify the Christians, kill the prophets, burn the church, idolaters. BUT wait you can never win, don't you know from time immemorial that the more the persecution the more the multiplication, the church will gladly employ you to continue persecution, it is cool cool cool cool for the kingdom.
BUT wait, you in your widest imagination think the church is the cause of our present state as a nation, you are amazingly wrong, it is the people in the helm of affairs who dislike the church and what the church stand for.they dislike morality, godliness, goodness, kindness, love, equality, and fairness,etc
Ever imagine a Nigeria without the church and the church praying for Nigeria,- Holocaust, chemical genocide, mass graves in every nook and cronies, human sacrifices, twins sacrifices, widows drinking dead body water, witchcraft unlimited, abacha live presidency -200yrs reign, whole Nigeria sharialized, you know what, in fact Nigeria still stands because of the church.
May be if Adeboye should have said Nigeria will be the list and poorest of all countries forever, you will have been very happy,and loved him for that because of your hatred for naija or the church, i don't know which one now. But those who love their immediate people will like i said earlier in the post take this message about Nigeria to heart and work with others for the actualization to bring Nigeria from this dis speakable level.

OR MAYBE

You are one of those clamouring for the state against the church then you should think twice for a Nigerian is changing the face of polity in a country in Europe
http://www.pastorsunday.com/about.php http://www.familyaidinternational.com/embassy_of_god/who_is_sunday_adelaja.htm#waves
http://www.godembassy.org/en/news/news_publ.php?showdetail=2283

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhzE870NGvU&feature=related
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCID8ZJS8M8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=602FWgRSIZk&feature=related
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by adconline(m): 5:09am On Dec 04, 2007
all these fake pastors who think that greatestness is achieved by not working hard, but by miracles. it aint gonna happen
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by YangaRat: 6:31am On Dec 04, 2007
Na the same work Babalawo Juju Man and Pastor Adegboye dey do.

And that work no pass say to take cunning way and sweet talk collect people money.

Anytime if una see where person dey shout say na him be god messenger, just take style grip ya wallet or purse well-well with power, because na for where you keep ya money, na there that "messenger" eye done dey take style face o, country people.

Hmmm Monkey dey work, baboon when wear pastor cloth dey chop.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by texazzpete(m): 7:18am On Dec 04, 2007
belabela:

It's no longer a debate whether Nigeria will be great or not. Nigeria will be great. When a man of God confirms that I think every reasonable person irrespective of their religious bias should agree with the fact of Nigeria's greatness and not necessarily of how it was said. [b]However if the Pastor says "GOd said" it's not the responsibility of any man to question it. In academics we call that reference. Since a refrence is made to God then it is most primitive and babaric of anyone to start raising eyebrows.[/b] Please let's learn to behave well, we need that for national growth.

Don't be daft. So we should follow like sheep just because someone mentioned the word 'God' abi? We only6 have the pastor's word for it that God told him so, so why should we automatically assume that it must be a divine message simply because he said so?
We've had experience in Nigeria with this sort of thing. We've had Tunde bakare delivering divine prophecies that never came to pass (Obasanjo never seeing out his second term, anyone?), we've had Pastor Chris Okotie saying that God told him he'd rule Nigeria. We know what happened, don't we? We've also been told here that this same man announced that God told him that Osoba would return as governor in 2003. What happened?

This is why sometimes i despair of Nigerians. Many times in the past people have given flawed 'prophecies', claiming that God delivered the messages to them. We've all seen how these went. I don't know about you, but the God i serve does not make mistakes.

Finally, it's clear to all but the most deluded that any improvement Nigeria is making is minimal. We're stagnating in place, and our infrastructure is getting worse. the Yahoo Yahoo generation will ensure that this current crop of Nigerians will be more corrupt than their elders. Couple out spiralling population, our over-dependence on non-renewable crude and our corruption and it's clear that this 'greatest nation in the world' stuff is just a pile of bull.
We can be great, if we get our acts together. The Greatest? C'mon, man!
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Honurable(m): 7:57am On Dec 04, 2007
Than God the Man of God (Daddy G.O) I thank God 4 his life, I am not suprise about the commet of some people, because when Jesus Christ Came to this world some people conspire together against him, crucified him, so am less concern about their comment, I pray that God will forgive them because they knew not of what they are saying.
I believe in the man of God Prophecy
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by tarezulu(m): 8:29am On Dec 04, 2007
what do these churches and " so called men of god" contribute to our national development anyway, that when they speak people take them so seriously? someone should please tell me.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by dot2002(m): 9:52am On Dec 04, 2007
maybe they will visit aso rock to pray for mallam shehu Yar'
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by mazaje(m): 9:53am On Dec 04, 2007
Nigeria will be great. When a man of God confirms that I think every reasonable person irrespective of their religious bias should agree with the fact of Nigeria's greatness and not necessarily of how it was said. However if the Pastor says "GOd said" it's not the responsibility of any man to question it. In academics we call that reference. Since a refrence is made to God then it is most primitive and babaric of anyone to start raising eyebrows. Please let's learn to behave well, we need that for national growth  

Man of God confirms what? why should'nt we raise an eye brow? i remembered when the late reverand Idahosa publicly decleared that God told him that the late M.K.O Abiola will come out from prison and rule Nigeria, only for the late M.K.O to come out of prison and die. we have heard from this men of God time without number declearing one thing or another of which non is yet to come to pass and they still keep on telling us how great nigeria will become without telling us how to make it better, little wonder why Nigeria still remains the same as it has always been. I remembered in 2001 or so when pastor oyedepo decleard that God told him that Nigeria will be become a great nation after 10 years, 6 years after his declearation Nigeria is still one of the poorest country in the world, 6 years after his decleartion Nigeria is still one of the country with the highest childhood mortality rate in the world, Nigerian still remains  a country with one of the lowest life expectacy in the world, Nigeria still remains one of the most insecured and precarious country to live in after his declaration so you tell me what is primitive and babaric in raising an eye brow when some theives called men of God keep lying and defrauding people of their little hard earned money.They tell you how great Nigeria will become using sweet lines and invoking verses in the bible to support their lies only to tell you when its offering time to sow quality seeds of prosperity onto God so that he will lead Nigeria and Nigerians out of the present mess we are in.  What is rather babaric and primitive is those of you that keep listening to their lies and offering all your money to them in the name of offering unto God.Do you have to offer money unto God before he blesses you? ahhhh na wah ohhh

Unfortunately a few second class citizens of other countries (just like I am presently) are carried away by what they are seeing overseas. I was in London last week and Gordon Brown in a TV message to FOL said " we recognise the impact of the black church in Britain, and our government is working in partnership with the church, , some of the pastors I have consulted are seated here , "  "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" - bible. For those of you who think nations are turning against God and prospering in everything you are in the corridor of ignorance and may soon enter the house of insanity  

I am not carried away i am stating what is the truth, What are the impacts of the black churches in the Britain if i may ask you? How does the impact of the black church affect the economy of Britain? Most of the people who are at the helm of affairs of the economy of britain don't believe in any god or god's yet they still contol one of the best economies in the world. The average brit doesnt believe in any god or gods but see how they are faring.Tell me is China a bible or god believing nation? how come they are recording an unprecedented growth and economic prosperity? are Finland,Norway,Germany,United Arab Emirate,Qatar,Switzeland,Greece ,Australia,Baharain,and the US bible believing nations? how come they are the most prosperous nations in the world? open you eyes and stop deluding your self. I am in no corridor of ignorance, Germany fell but it is now on its foot, Russia fell but Russia is now standing on its foot Nigeria has never rising despite all the  prophecies of those sweet talking bible clinging criminals.

In fact contributing to condemn Pastors and everyother things of which you have little knowledge about could bring curse on you.  

Sow seeds of prosperity or rot in hell is what they always say in Nigerian churches, Poverty is a sin is all who hear them say in most churches, they instill fear into poor people's minds and extort them after instilling fear, If poverty is indeed a sin as most of the pastors prech out there then all nigerian will go to hell, they make people feel worthless because they are poor, they offer unrealistic hope and optimissm.The only thing that can make Nigeria prosper is Nigerians not pastors and what they assert.

Finland, USA or wherever does not have better citizens than Nigeria. In fact these countries encourage some of us who have the brain to come and stay in their land.

Finland and US have far better citizens than nigeria and that shows in the quality of life that is obtainnable in those countries compared to what is obtainable in nigeria. why is Nigeria not encouraging its citizens? keep deluding your self.

The conclusion of the matter is that NIgeria will be great and if you don't ever imagine that when it' s great you may not be alive to witnesss it (not a curse). For those who believe in a new(great ) Nigeria let's all work hard for greatnesss.
Cheers  

Please don't work hard for Nigeria's greatness keep on going to church and offering unto God so that he will make Nigeria great for you.  Is'nt that what the pastors out there are preaching come to us and we will pray for you, instead of telling people what they need to do they keep on pandering and lying to people to come to them and be blessed, "  once i pray for you that promotion will come your way in jesus name" is all what you hear in the churches, they will never tell you that diligence and hard work is what will make you earn that promotion they will always make it sound as if its their prayers that will do the magic for you, "once i pray for you you will get that job you have been waiting for" they don't teach people how to be ingenious, come and offer unto the lord and we shall pray for you is all you hear them say.

Nigerians have offered and sowed yet Nigeria still remains one of the poorest,precarious and insecured, dangerous,squalid,most illeterate,country with one of the highest car accident rates in the world,one of the country with the lowest life expectancy in the world,country with one of the highest infant mortality in the world,one of the country with the highest unemployment rate in the world,one of the most corrupt nation on earth and the bad list goes on infact  Nigeria is a county with one of the lowest human development index in the world despite all the pastors prophecies ,lies and the endless offering of the people.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by mazaje(m): 9:54am On Dec 04, 2007
People open your eyes and do what is right.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by jaybee3(m): 10:24am On Dec 04, 2007
Ur question: What do dis churches do?
My answer: i know i am going to get slated but everyone has a right to their own opinions. uhm here it is; churches are fashionable/reputable business that if one goes into can/will quadruple returns over-nigth. All one has to do is to be able to charm your gatherings with word of God and bam people will start depositing life savings/hard earned money into the so called churches.

What is the essence of having between 5 - 10 churches withing a square mile radius? (me thinks it does solidify my theory of churches being fashionable and a source of income/riches to the so called men of God)

Why do churches encourage you to pay tithes, offerings with credit card despite knowing that it not only throws one into an unforgiven debt journey which can lead to people committing suicide (dis has happened in the past) but also meaningless as the God we all serve does understand our suffering and will not encourage one to be debt ridden.

Why do pastors drive the best rides you can see on earth and the enormous followers content with legediz benz as dey say back in the days?

Churches are meant to be charitable organisations not the way we naijs see it has the only solution to our problems. If you do the right thing, work hard, pray hard within the comfort of your own room, our Lord Will surely answer your prayers as he likes everyone equally.

Peeps so many reasons out their for us to wise up, offcourse we have to believe in God and do the right things but definitely not wait for a so called pastor to prophecise abt unreasonable miracles (enuff cases of peeps in the past that have chosen to believe miracles of them passing their exams without reading, what happened? failure on the highest order).
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by seguno2: 10:25am On Dec 04, 2007
"Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm; says the Lord."
If this quote from the Bible is respected fully then there will only be one church from Peter. In short there will even be no RCCG as it was by being uncomfortable (read critical) of CMS and Cherubim & Seraphim that the RCCG founder broke away to form the church then.
Moreover teh Bible encourages us to put ALL things to the test vis-a-vis His words but laziness to read and derive our own God-given understanding is depriving us on all fronts.
Shalom.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by geebees: 10:49am On Dec 04, 2007
For those of who, who cannot see beyond your nose Nigeria will definetely become great. Do not doubt the prophetic sayings of a Man of God.

We can see things happening for ourselves. we are in a a passing phase. Nigerians believe so much in jack robbbinson syndrome. It tskes time to build a nation like ours for the better. And i can tell u it is in progress. we are getting their. Whether u believe it or not those not change a thing.

Facts will begin to opresents itself in the Reality.

Great NIgeria!!
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by mazaje(m): 10:54am On Dec 04, 2007
For those of who, who cannot see beyond your nose Nigeria will definetely become great. Do not doubt the prophetic sayings of a Man of God.

We can see things happening for ourselves. we are in a a passing phase. Nigerians believe so much in jack robbbinson syndrome. It tskes time to build a nation like ours for the better. And i can tell u it is in progress. we are getting their. Whether u believe it or not those not change a thing.

Facts will begin to opresents itself in the Reality.

Great NIgeria!!

Nigeria will be great if Nigerians stand up and uplift the nation by becoming accountable and making their leaders accountable, Nigeria will NEVER be great because pastor adeboye said God told him so.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by weebee(f): 11:22am On Dec 04, 2007
bjluv:

@Jakumo. Thank for your line-true that!

Hey could someone please tell me where the Zap that fucking monkey Adeboye met God and He told him that about Nigeria? He has come again---he should shut his trap!

I remember back in those days when my neighbours gave their only TV, their belongings and income to this monkey head Adeboye's church in the hope of becoming more rich. Go ask them if they got 10x the number of donated TV like God has promised through Adeboye?   nah!!! Still many Nigerians like them are still fooled into this B.S

He sure wont do that round here  really. Over here, people don't need to go see a pastor every sunday and the economy runs fine and people live honest and peaceful lives. That liar like all the rest of them can go and lick a congo monkey's ass  shocked

Adeboye my black ass! cheesy Just another 419 [criminal] hiding under the church's skin---

Who be dis now?

Do you think you can just open your mouth and vomit rubbish?
If you continue to run your mouth like this i wonder how far you can go.
Pst Adeboye said Nigeria would be great and how does that affect you for crying out loud? Do you want him to prophecy doom?
If your neighbours (probably you) could be so gullible to take God for a magician and drop your possessions why blame any pastor when you dont  get returns? Do you think God is moved by your offerings and would bless you becos you give when you dont live right?  Please sit down. It is always better to keep quiet and be assumed a fool than to talk and be confirmed a fool.

Note of warning to everybody who feels he or she can just abuse a man of God anyhow, God says touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. You cant discern a true man of God so its better to leave them to God to judge.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 04, 2007
mazaje,
You sound like someone who has been duped by a so called church. Can u share with us why you are so harsh on Men of God. Even if they have offended u, try to be more polite in your criticism.

let me also ask you to tell us seven practical ways Nigeria can advance considering our present predicament.

As to the impact of the blacks in Britain, I know so much impact and infact I could have given you much details but I am not priviledege to do that on this forum. I could have given you behind the scene cases. I would have told you of the impacts in technology and research, economy and business, security, manufacturing etc. But I leave you to your limited understanding.
You watch CNN, BBC, and many other international stations perharps and judge things from  what the media told you but not from what's going on and what is "really happening." Do you know the fear of America today? probably not because as far as you are concerned all is well with the US.
Anyway the times will come when God will give power to Godless nations and the holy place will be desecrated (bible).

Until you can tell me that God had told you that Nigeria will not be great then I may consider your opinions about these men of God. Let anybody say "God said it. "fine.  it's between him and God. But for you to say it's a lie when thesame God has not told you that He never said so is a primitive approach to objectivity. And also a public display of ignorance
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by denex: 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2007
It is either Pastor Adeboye is lying or he's saying that God is lying or maybe he's accusing God of trying to use him to lie. But one way or the other, someone is telling a bloody lie.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by miquest: 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2007
Suprising
i must say, when jesus christ was crucified in the bible by the jews u all wondered what they where thinking, i wonder what ur brains are like rite now, if a man says sumtin great for your country all u have to do is claim it and pray harder for sumtin good to come out of it, instead u sit in your houses in a far away country and talk thrash, what annoys me the most is the fact that nigerians just keep saying this things, i used to think Nigerians are of great morale and scial values not to talk of our well know religious beliefs but at this point in time i am shocked at the sought of thrash that come out of people's mouth only if they had a good morale upbringing, i grew up in a christain home and i have seen and is a testimony of that great man. Pastor E.A Adeboye, no matter what you say i know for a fact that he is one of the intercessors of our already great nation, we are only waiting for it to be greater. all u blasphemers can stay in wherever you are and wait for whatever awaits u. and keep languishing in your ignorance, and i'll say it again.
ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE,
MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE AND THIS IS DUE TO IGNORANCE Coz knowledge as we know is free,
just a thought
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by ozigbo(m): 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2007
my only pray is that this should happan now.
b/c i spacial need it.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by mazaje(m): 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2007
  Pastor E.A Adeboye, no matter what you say i know for a fact that he is one of the intercessors of our already great nation, we are only waiting for it to be greater 

So pastor adeboya intercedes on nigeria's behalf  grin grin grin How is Nigeria a great nation? what constitutes greatness? are you refering to greatness in terms of size ,population or what? as of now nigeria remains one of the backward nations on earth. Nigeria is not a great nation so stop deluding youself.

[ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE,
MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE AND THIS IS DUE TO IGNORANCE Coz knowledge as we know is free.

Ignorance is when you take all your television set,writswatch and half of your monthly salary and give to the pastor because he says that you need to sow seeds of prosperity and reap a thousand fold(just the way its happening in most nigerian churches). open your eyes to realities and stop believing in unrealistic hope. The only way you can reap a thousand fold in what you do is by being decipline,ethical and diligent in what ever you do. I say Nigeria will become great only when Nigerians become accountable and make their leaders accountable and work towards it, Nigerians at the moment are not doing that and instead of the pastors reiterating that fact they are instead taking advantage of the poor people by telling them what they want to hear and what sounds pleasent to their ears in exchange for their money. Nigeria will become great only when we become accountable and work towards becoming great not because pastor adeboye said God told him so, we have heard enough of such declaration and things havent changed a bit such declarations only make Nigerians complacent and that's not what we need to hear. I am against such declaration based on the premise on which they are made, i am sure he told the members of his congregation to give quality offering unto the lord for telling him such good news about Nigeria, to which the gullible fools will troop out enmass and give out all the money that is in their pockets just because he made a silly declaration.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Segunusaid(m): 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2007
@ JAKUMO,

Your name in my language means "a wanderer" i don't know if there is any correlation between your name and your thought such that we might ve a "wandering thought" otherwise i will advise you to post meaningful thread on this site when you re sober rather than exposing shallowness or better still stop generalising and insulting Gods' servants.

If you think you can make your way to million by starting a church why don't you give it a try rather than calling pastors fraudster.

@sanni

i hope you can substantiate your claim that Adeboye has degraded himself so low that he has become a mouth piece and a campaign coordinator for Osoba
I think we shld be careful in pointing accusing fingers to Gods' servant, who are you to accuse another man's servant, to his masters he rises and falls,

@ others who are skeptical about prophecy of Nigeria greatness, i think u can check your bible if u believe in it and see if God has ever lied, besides God's word are yes and amen in christ Jesus, u don't ve to believe it, it may not conform to ur indicators or ur scientific analysis but God watch over His word to perform it and He makes all things beautiful in His own time not ur time. A day is like a thousand years b4 God and a thousand years is like a day b4 Him. Just because a prophecy did not come to pass when you expect it does not make God a liar or His servant a fraudster, however " the natural man cannot understand the things of the Spirit becos they are spiritually discern". There are so many example of Gods promises in His word spoken by His prophets, none of His word has fallen to the ground, you can check it out.

Cheers
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by trillions: 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2007
THIS IS AN ADVICE TO ALL, PS DO STICK TO THE SUBJECT AND LEAVE THE MEN OF GOD , YOU BETTER BE WARNED , THERE ARE PEOPLE YOU DON'T SPEAK AGAINST PRIVATELY OR PUBLICLY TO AVOID THE CURSE OF GOD.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by obecha(f): 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2007
Mamaje, l tend to wonder what gave rise to your deeply negative opinion about God and prophets of God, you sound so cynical and biased, and what do you really have against God and his prophets? You sure need prayers, please may God open your eyes.  

Now, l can understand how important it is for parents to instil the right values to their kids; so that they grow up well balanced adults.

So you live in Finland, where you made out like everything there works so well and all rosy despite it being an atheist country?!

Babylon was also like that in those days, but the young man Daniel purposed in his heart not to defile him self with their paganism.

And you seemed to have welcomed wholeheartedly these your host country's godlessness hook, line and sinker. Do not get carried away that their material , social, physical and economic aspects are blossoming, cos' life is much more than just food, meat and drink! I’m sure the folks who lived in the luscious land of then Sodom and Gomorrah thought the same too until their godlessness caved in their sudden destruction.

Your strong disdain for a Christianity is quite disturbing and raises some thought-provoking questions - l never realised that some people's faiths in God and men of God has deteriorated so so badly all in the name of modernization, civilization, rationalization and liberalization.

Besides, that there are some false prophets is No excuse to fall out completely with all other prophets of God. Some of you are decrying that your money may be swindled, l think it is a lame excuse for folks who just want to remain stubborn in their hearts with regards to the love God is offering them. For a change, is it ok that you keep your money but give your heart to God? by the way, just how much are we talking about here.

Take time guys and read the biographies of the likes of Henry Ford, Rockefeller etc. and again go check the various recipes for success as enunciated by books like the "millionaire next door" "chicken soup for the soul"-complete volume, etc- you'd be again "shocked" to find words like "tithe" 'Give, " popping out. "So do not be mocked, whatever a man soweth; he shall reap"

All in all, when all others have disappointed you. There is a friend called Jesus Christ who will never disappoint you (see John 15:13-15). So that even while you may find it difficult or overtly cautious to trust any prophet or prophecy, do put your total trust in Jesus Christ.  You will never regret you did. Never forget that Jesus loves you.

And as for you Belabela; you are a great source of inspiration, blessed is the womb you came from; you are a worthy son indeed of a great mother who did her boy's grooming assignment very well. Keep keeping on with your values, as all God-fearing-and- loving people are routing for you cos' you spoke up our minds so succintly and yet very aptly.  

And for all ye God-haters; shame on you!
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by ayinbaba: 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2007
Be careful of what u write about a man of God, DO MY ANNOINTING NO HARM, thus says d lord.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by redsun(m): 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2007
A change is something that must come if people go for it,it is inevitable,nigeria will change,if people become aware of the causes of their predicaments and take steps to correct it.

The paramont problem nigeria have now is leadership,we allow bunch of criminals to run our affairs and expect things to change,men and women that should be in jail or rather be killed are our political elites.

When you study things like psychology and anthropology iin-toto,the early white anthropologist theories of  native cultures, africa included,you find that they are not far from the truth with the idea that the natives are inferior to whites,this can be buttress today from the way we do things in terms of goverment and religion, believing only that white man's education, god and religion will set of free from our earthly tribulations,we still don't have that sense of creativity,originality to delve into nature and conquer it,rater we just assume that things can be done for us by fairies and spirits,it is like living a fantasy world in what is suppose to be real.

Adeboye is listening to his own voice that he assumes is god,which is not bad,he is playing god and from all indication he is living it at the expence of those who are listening to him,forgetting they have the abilities that he has,because they are blind to reality.It is good to be positive,but you have to back it up with actions.Some tmes people believe that they got a job by miracle,forgetting that the job itself is created by a devil incarnate,just like a typical nigerian born-again praying for a british visa and getting it and concludes that god has done it,meanwhile england is more like satanist nation in terms of beliefs,yet gods wants you to be here for the mere fact that they are rational.

Rationality is the key to god's attributes,if you have god,you have have his qualities and power,minus the destructive ones,i wonder why people bother to serve god  that purnishes them for any slight mistake,i will rather have a god that is my friend and never punishes me for any reason than the one i  dread, that is going to cast in hell for just having the pleasure of adult sex without the blessing a man like me that calls himself a pastor or a priest that in all indication not as good as me in terms of moral standard.

My people,which ever way you do it,be the pilot.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by hilli666(m): 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2007
Wow here we go again. First of all only let me start by saying; only lazy people believe in miracles, people who are too lazy to work. Those are the people who will rather pray because it is more convenient and easy to pray than actually go out and make things happen. These are the same people who are gullible enough to believe such outlandish claims, made by people who are nothing less than fraudsters. How we have come to make a mockery of our God? To imagine that He has nothing better to do with the universe, creation and eternity than to attend to our petty needs. When did God turn to our slave? Beckoning to our every wants and desire. A truly honest human being would immediately shudder upon close scrutiny at how hopeless the situation has become.
There are approximately 192 countries in the world, with a total population of about 6billion people. Most of these countries are not blessed with 1/10th the natural resources that Nigeria has. Yet they have struggled through enough adversity, to ensure that the average citizens have access to basic social amenities like, roads, water, health care, education, electricity, Rights (e.g. vote, speak, gather in public, information). They adopted a police style that seeks to protect those rights, and legal reforms to uphold them with an army to defend their borders. In Nigeria our policing style was adopted from our colonial, which sought to suppress and oppress not to protect our rights. The luxury we Nigerians seek to enjoy when we travel abroad to other countries, were not just handed to them by God. If you took your time to observe their history, it is immediately evident that it was fought for. In our case in Nigeria, it is different. We want God to fly down from heaven and build us roads and hospitals, maybe while he's at it, marry us a fine woman, while giving us a good job that pays exactly what we want it to pay. In the famous words of our African American brothers “nigga please”
These type claims made by such fake prophets, is severely detrimental to our progress as Nigerians. It makes us too complacent because it appeals to our lethargic nature. It is almost like saying “sit back and watch while God makes Nigeria great” Well you all keep waiting, you can call me in America when Nigeria become the greatest country in the world….ohh I forgot the phone lines are bad…, lmao. And while you all a praying, can someone help me tell God I need him to pay my cell phone bill…, I spent more money than I could afford on my Agbada. Lol
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2007
BELIEVE THE LORD YOUR GOD AND YOU SHALL PROSPER, BELIEVE HIS PROPHET AND YOU SHALL BE ESTABLISHED, says the word of the Lord
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by seguno2: 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2007
Now Eli was very old, and heard all that his sons did unto all Israel; 1Samuel 22a.
----------------------------
How do you think Eli would have heard if the Israelites were shivering in awe of the Lord's prophet quoting "Touch not my annointed, Do my prophet no harm"
King David who made this quote in his psalm would not have taken up arms against then King Saul if he took his own quote very literally.
Naija people make una open una eye well well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" / Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" / What Is Wrong With A Guy Plaiting His Hair Or With Locks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.