Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,640 members, 7,955,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:04 PM

Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? (18786 Views)

My Father Threw Away My Pot Of Soup. / Is There Anyone Who Can Deliver Liters Of Soup And Stew To Me In Port Harcourt? / Only Meat In The Pot, Who Would You Give? your Father Or Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
chaircover:

LOL How grin

Seriously we can be too rigid and serious sometimes and forget to enjoy ourselves. The pot easting drama can be one of the best times to "tage" with each other. and Dont touch my meat o!! dont touch my meat o!!! ends with you chasing each other round the kitchen and into each others arms. . . . the rest is for adult ears only lipsrsealed wink

what meat are we talking about here tongue tongue lipsrsealed wink

5 Likes

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by luckgames(m): 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
SUV: my husband is fond of taking meat from the pot of soup/stew after everyone had finished eating.

i asked him why he does that he said his moth is feeling somehow sad

when we were growing up, my mum used to beat our house help for taking meat from the pot, she said its a bad habit. now my hubby is doing the same thin.

The annoying part is that sometimes we may not have surplus meat, we will only hv enof to go round everybody for the meal times, and when he finishes eating the meat in the pot, the real meal time, if there is no meat left to serve the food, he will complain that u are serving food without meat, that it is not proper.

wives in the house, please is anyone feeling or experiencing same thing?

Hubby's in the house, pls what do u guys think i shld do?

pls don't abuse me ohhhhh! i am only saying my mind

Your husband take meat from soup
British will said rubbish
American said trash
The only reason I started reading NL was because I want to Laugh
Nigerian go take Laugh kill you

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Ammyng(f): 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
OMG this is hilarious grin grin grin grin

We don't know how good we have it. Meat?

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by joek(m): 8:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
My own is that anytime my wife asks me to serve myself, I always take enough meat than she wud ordinarily give me. This moni was an example.And whenever I do this, I wudn't want her to see me. lol
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Sylbarca: 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
The major cause of dis is too much intake of alcohol
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Sylbarca: 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
I will advise d wife to put a trap into her pot of stew anytime she finish dishing d meal
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by boyendowed(m): 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
Billyonaire: Boil the meat with garlic before frying it. I bet he would lose appetite.

It will even taste better with garlic
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by olotumogbo(m): 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
Old habit die hard, ur hubby loves meat no doubt, but I think u shld talk to him about it. If he continue let him be someday he will realise his actions.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Rocktation(f): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Use the same formula. . .say you buy N3000 meat, put N2000 in the pot of soup. So even if he finishes the meat in the pot before meal time you still have plan B. When it is time to serve the meal. . .you whip out the N1000 and viola. . .everyone has meat and you all live happily ever after. grin grin

Op, do this. I know what it feels like to think that you have everything organised and planned out, only for disruptions to set in, husby or not.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by StellaBella(f): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2012
Na becos of meat naim you dey report man wey pay your dowry
free the guy abeg, abi na ur kumbi u want make im chop
If u nor let am eat meat, im go eat for another woman house
Be warned....

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by olaniyio1(m): 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
[quote author=SUV]my husband is fond of taking meat from the pot of soup/stew after everyone had finished eating.

i asked him why he does that he said his moth is feeling somehow sad

when we were growing up, my mum used to beat our house help for taking meat from the pot, she said its a bad habit. now my hubby is doing the same thin.

The annoying part is that sometimes we may not have surplus meat, we will only hv enof to go round everybody for the meal times, and when he finishes eating the meat in the pot, the real meal time, if there is no meat left to serve the food, he will complain that u are serving food without meat, that it is not proper.

wives in the house, please is anyone feeling or experiencing same thing?

Hubby's in the house, pls what do u guys think i shld do?

pls don't abuse me ohhhhh! i am only saying my mind[/quote) all these is poverty.pls buy enough meat,let him eat and get tired of even seeing meet.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Hexzy(m): 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
The man needs some medical advise. tell him too much meat expecially red meat isn't good for adults. cos it contains cholesterol, also adults don't need much protein, This might help.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by hannydarl(f): 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
ItS easy to say since he provides money for meat let him eat Whenever. That I don't mind but why Complain when he eats it. All that she served food without meat? What if they don't have muCh money? Do you think that all men provide more than enough for the home.
@ poster, if he gives you more than enough money to cook tHen by all means buy some extra meat spice and fry for him to eat. But if he gives just enough to meet daily requirement then Goes back to eat his share, the children's own and that of the wife that worked so hard to make sure money converts to food and then complain, teLl him you think he is selfish and unfair he is not alone in the house nau he alone does not make the family tIck everyone plays a role and dEserve to have meat in their food or else every ones mouth will be doing somehow after meals too.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by 234GT(m): 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
Padlock your pot!
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by alahamad(m): 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
I am not married but in ma opinion, whatever will make me finish my meal nd visit the pot again, then the meal is splendid.....he loves your cooking nd can't get enuf of it....simple....

Its better he's hooked nd eating your meals than having one school girl doing it on your behalf....

Be happy ur man enjoys. Ur cooking so what I suggest is that you fry the meat more, when he has one or 2, his jaws will tell nd he'll avoid the meat in d pot.....
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by francis247(m): 9:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Rotflmao!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am so sorry for laughing!!

Okay back to business, I'm sorry but short of being stealth with the cooking. . .I don't see what else you can do. It's not like you can beat him or punish him. If I were in your shoes I would use the same actions used to combat the African time problem with this. Lemme explain. . .you know how we, Nigerians, are notoriously late for any event. Something is supposed to start at 4, we get there at 10pm. So now people tell their guests the party starts much earlier than the real start time, calculating that by the time the guests get there, it will be close to the time the party actually starts.

Use the same formula. . .say you buy N3000 meat, put N2000 in the pot of soup. So even if he finishes the meat in the pot before meal time you still have plan B. When it is time to serve the meal. . .you whip out the N1000 and viola. . .everyone has meat and you all live happily ever after. grin grin
correct! Na so we dey doam 4 my house sef.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
This one na real traditional madam, raised the old-fashioned way. . .just the way I like my Iyawos, lol. Madam just make sure you double or triple the bill for oga anytime you're going to the market to buy meat. That way there would surely be enough meat to go round. If that is not possible, then you should do it the hard way. Ensure that the meat is very strong (not boiled well enough), so that by the time he is done with chewing one sef, he would not look forward to a second one.

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Tiana155(f): 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
This also happens to me, i thought i was the only one suffering from this. Well Thank God i'm not alone on this. Its frustrating really.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by doja(m): 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2012
The OP describes me perfectly I hope she is not my wife. The reason I love to take meat from the pot (especially when freshly prepared) is that I really do not like the taste of stale soups and by stale I mean anything after the first day so I prefer to eat as much as I can when all is still fresh.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by andyanders: 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
madam, I beg, no laugh and no kill meoooooo. Your husband na petty thief. You should please do not let your children follow his footstep, if not, you will finally get armed robbers in your house.

How can a grown up man not get matured and understand that what he is doing is a very bad habit. I cook a lot whenever I am chanced and if my wife is busy, I help her cook. I teach my children always that one do not eat or take meat or fish from the pot of soup or stew whenever he/she is cooking and that it is pure stealing. I let them know that at no point should they take meat from the pot of soup or meet in the absence of their mother or myself.
Your husband's case is like a man that smokes cigarette or takes alcohol in the presence of his children. The children will surely copy their father's attitude and by tomorrow, you cannot advise that child not to smoke or drink.
You need to sit him down and tell him the danger of his action and what it stands to be in the future life of his children. It is a very bad habit. What if his children copies his attitude and when they are been sent on holidays to spend with a family friend or relation and these children go into their host's kitchen and start taking meat from their pot of soup or stew? That is pure stealing and for sure, they will be called thieves.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by nigerbabe: 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
d man in question is ur husband,no b boyfriend or brother o. na the crown of your head o and is at liberty to enjoy himself in his house over a pot of meat. If he like to chew meat a lot make adequate arrangement and even come up with varieties for him to sample.
You are in a new world in marriage so imposing a method you think is ideal for him might be dangerous.
Abeg, your mama and papa house na different matter o , dis na ur home.

Feed his craving until you can change him because dem no dey change by force-na him go change wen time don reach.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Biggysmalls919(m): 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
give ur husband enough “kpomo“ to chop he will stop that act
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by balogunsam(m): 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
chaircover:

Thumbs up; he likes your cooking

No big deal, just cook more meat than you require or cook and grill some meat and leave it in the fridge for him to pick and nibble when he wants

I dont see what the problem is, he is a grown man & I beleive who works hard and puts down food money so, if he wants to eat his own meat in his own home then please let him be.

@chaircover,will u pls marry me?? ladies like you knw hw to treat ur man ryt and still save d home from being broke...rily beautiful ansa sis...thumbs up!
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by emsquare(m): 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
chaircover:

Thumbs up; he likes your cooking

No big deal, just cook more meat than you require or cook and grill some meat and leave it in the fridge for him to pick and nibble when he wants

I dont see what the problem is, he is a grown man & I beleive who works hard and puts down food money so, if he wants to eat his own meat in his own home then please let him be.

Well said!
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by horny4u(f): 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
balogunsam:

@chaircover,will u pls marry me?? ladies like you knw hw to treat ur man ryt and still save d home from being broke...rily beautiful ansa sis...thumbs up!

Oni bara e bo ole bo

Mr Chaircover heads the black belter club of London.... grin
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by scribble: 10:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
Wow...just become the meat police...my wife nor dey allow me chop anything in the pot...so it becomes a fun game of police and thief...

u cant win...i advice u integrate other things to nibble on in your kitchen...he will lose interest in d meat
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by balogunsam(m): 10:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
horny4u:

Oni bara e bo ole bo

Mr Chaircover heads the black belter club of London.... grin

ah! areeeee!!! black belters ke? no o..are u serious? wow...ive always thot chair's a lady oo...ehn no wahala...Hot,shebi u are available....lets steal kpomo from eachoda's pot too....
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tyson55(m): 10:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
Hexzy: The man needs some medical advise. tell him too much meat expecially red meat isn't good for adults. cos it contains cholesterol, also adults don't need much protein, This might help.

And who told you this? What do they need more? Carb?
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Smhart1(f): 10:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
Sewiozly it nt abt bin greedy buh a bad habit he has cultivated 4 himself, al u nid do is 2 find a suitable way of curbing dis habit of his.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? / 5 Categories Of Worst Performing Dads / How Do You Manage With A Wasteful Over Sabi Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.