Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,292 members, 7,957,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? (18792 Views)

My Father Threw Away My Pot Of Soup. / Is There Anyone Who Can Deliver Liters Of Soup And Stew To Me In Port Harcourt? / Only Meat In The Pot, Who Would You Give? your Father Or Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tjskii(f): 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
Red meat isn't good for the body,too much of it causes severe pain in the joints(gout),but our men no dey wan hear that one,they just love their beef,so solution is when you cook your pot of soup,take out the portion ull need and put the rest in the freezer,wen he asks for extra beef,just go 'eeiya my darling and its alredy frozen o,tomorrow I'll giv Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ xtra,pele my dear' wink
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by dayokanu(m): 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
There are several options

You can leave the meat uncooked and lets see if he would eat the meat raw.

You can cook your meat and add valium, Anytime he steals it he sleeps for a week

Or you can report to the police or HE-F-C-C
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
Haw Haw Haw grin
As a man who likes meat and would probably (totally) do this....just...buy more meat dammit! angry
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by gurushill: 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
hahaha. nice one there

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Ivynwa(f): 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
Woman if he likes meat very much, buy additional meat for him after buying the ones you are cooking with. Season and marinate it very well and fry it up for him. Keep them in the fridge for him to be snacking on when he wants meat that way he won't be meddling with your soup.
Abeg give him meat to eat if that is what he wants, he has one life to live and can as well eat all the meat he wants once he can afford it. It's not like he is still a kid growing up that has to be taught moderation and restraint. The sweetness of the well seasoned fried meat will even have him thanking God for blessing him with you each time he is snacking on them. I like to snack on well seasoned fried beef sometimes too.

How come men got all the best deals life has to give? They don't experience period cramps, don't get pregnant and push babies--they marry wives that pamper them and cook anything they want for them? Don't I envy them? Hahaaaaaaa grin grin

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by phadat(m): 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
Biggysmalls919: give ur husband enough “kpomo“ to chop he will stop that act
kundi will be more like it after finishing one bet he loose interest in ur pot of soup
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2012
please let ur husband eat as many meat he wants to, buy extra more or reduce the size of the meat piece to make it surplus if you have fixed budget for it. Please i repeat let him eat ur meat as he wants to, because if you deny him the pot of soup and another woman see the loop holes, she will snatch your husband with meat and pepper soup and you will come back here looking for solution on how to win your husband back from 'strange meaty woman'. Problem of many men that kept late night in pepper soup joints started like this.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Deedee49(f): 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
tpia@:
when you're cooking meat, if you know he likes snacking on it, then set some aside for him, this isnt rocket science.

abeg dont be opening silly threads because nobody needs some awoko coming in to give lectures on how to serve meat to a nigerian man?

Must u always constitute a nuisance on every thread?! Dis is after she asked u not to insult her! Guru tpia@, grow up, and knw wen to zip dat tin u call mouth!
@suv: pls follow d good advices as dished out by some sensible people!
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by lavita2(f): 11:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
nobaga: Be serious.

It is a bad habit. Even if he leaves the money for the meat, it does not mean he can eat more than his share while others do without. If there is scarcity, parents must do with less. In this case, it is not about scacity but about a bad habit that the man cannot let go. Yes someone said it already, freeze one third of the meat. In oder to train him, leave none in the pot after everyone has eaten. If he makes a special request for more or you want to satisfy his habit, cut the meat in his plate by a third. He can have that after his meal if he so desire.

If that is his special habit and you do not curb it in a friendly or subtle way, you will never have enough meat in the house.

There are men that spend big on food and drinks outside while they leave little at home. I hope this is not the case. But the lady have to be careful. You do not want to drive him to eating outside but must also curb his habit. Sometimes it is not out of greed but just a bad habit.

Why do we attach so much importance to trivial things? why must you ration meat for your children? It's only one life you and your family have got to live..please enjoy yourself. Life's fun and simple.
Well, my dad used to 'steal' meat from the kitchen butI turned out well..I probably will 'steal' meat from my wife>>someone's rightly pointed out that it is a sign of a happy family. we shouldn't take too many things too seriously.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
To me, dis attitude isn't gud... He should show some self-control & build his self-esteem. If he needs more meat, he should simply ask his iyawo for more OR go out & patronise suya joints. Himself going to d kitchen to "take/steal" meat like a greedy kid...it's unacceptable.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 04, 2012
Lujan: To me, dis attitude isn't gud... He should show some self-control & build his self-esteem. If he needs more meat, he should simply ask his iyawo for more OR go out & patronise suya joints. Himself going to d kitchen to "take/steal" meat like a greedy kid...it's unacceptable.

Who be dis one?
You realize you are talking about her husband right? How is he "stealing" meat from his house?

Are you young and impressionable? cheesy

White-knighting for women no matter the issue ain't gonna get you none though.
Just felt the need to tell you. wink

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Ivynwa(f): 12:38am On Jul 04, 2012
4bobo: please let ur husband eat as many meat he wants to, buy extra more or reduce the size of the meat piece to make it surplus if you have fixed budget for it. Please i repeat let him eat ur meat as he wants to, because if you deny him the pot of soup and another woman see the loop holes, she will snatch your husband with meat and pepper soup and you will come back here looking for solution on how to win your husband back from 'strange meaty woman'. Problem of many men that kept late night in pepper soup joints started like this.

Lol at the bolded.
Some men have a terrible habit of being stingy when it comes to giving their spouse money for foodstuffs only to go to joints and restaurants later to fill their tummy. It is even such stingy men you will hear complaining that they go to restaurants because their wife's soups are not sweet enough when their stinginess won't allow them provide the money that makes good soups. grin
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by dasparrow: 12:41am On Jul 04, 2012
SUV: my husband is fond of taking meat from the pot of soup/stew after everyone had finished eating.

i asked him why he does that he said his moth is feeling somehow sad

when we were growing up, my mum used to beat our house help for taking meat from the pot, she said its a bad habit. now my hubby is doing the same thin.

The annoying part is that sometimes we may not have surplus meat, we will only hv enof to go round everybody for the meal times, and when he finishes eating the meat in the pot, the real meal time, if there is no meat left to serve the food, he will complain that u are serving food without meat, that it is not proper.

wives in the house, please is anyone feeling or experiencing same thing?

Hubby's in the house, pls what do u guys think i shld do?

pls don't abuse me ohhhhh! i am only saying my mind

Did you not notice your husband was a meat 'thief' before you accepted to marry him? This is why ladies and men should look before they leap into this institution called marraige. Whatever bad habit you tolerated whilst the both of you were dating is what you will have to tolerate now that you are married. You can't change a grown man. Your husband was probably stealing meat from his mother's cooking pot and his mother said nothing. Now he has taken that same obnoxious behaviour with him into his matrimonial home. If most Nigerian women would raise their sons right and teach them proper manners rather than spoiling them rotten all because they are males, then we would not be seeing threads such as this.

As for what you should do? LIVE WITH IT!
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tpia5: 12:52am On Jul 04, 2012
some of the replies on this thread make me wonder where nigeria is going. undecided undecided
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Hoodrat(m): 12:59am On Jul 04, 2012
Your husband is cannibal be careful he might eat you up when there is no meet left on earth to eat.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by r231(m): 1:00am On Jul 04, 2012
dasparrow:

Did you not notice your husband was a meat 'thief' before you accepted to marry him? This is why ladies and men should look before they leap into this institution called marraige. Whatever bad habit you tolerated whilst the both of you were dating is what you will have to tolerate now that you are married. You can't change a grown man. Your husband was probably stealing meat from his mother's cooking pot and his mother said nothing. Now he has taken that same obnoxious behaviour with him into his matrimonial home. If most Nigerian women would raise their sons right and teach them proper manners rather than spoiling them rotten all because they are males, then we would not be seeing threads such as this.

na wa o

on top wetin undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tpia5: 1:03am On Jul 04, 2012
Lujan: To me, dis attitude isn't gud... He should show some self-control & build his self-esteem. If he needs more meat, he should simply ask his iyawo for more OR go out & patronise suya joints. Himself going to d kitchen to "take/steal" meat like a greedy kid...it's unacceptable.

for real.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tpia5: 1:04am On Jul 04, 2012
dasparrow:

this is one for the books no doubt.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by helsinki: 1:19am On Jul 04, 2012
@SUV your hubby's idiosyncratic demeanor is no doubt puerile.If he wants more meat he should give you more money so that after he has satisfied himself there will still be enough to go round for everybody.Even in such a case of a plethora of meat in the stew,he should not be the one to go and take meat from the pot.He should call you to get him more meat.If he eats the meat that you or your children are supposed to eat,that is the height of irresponsibility.But i believe taking meat from the pot as a grown married man is not peculiar to him because there is a child in every adult,something psychologists call childish infantilism,and it is different in every adult.But that should not threaten your marriage,just manage him and manage the situation.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 04, 2012
Lol! If he wants more meat, then leave him to have more. If he ever complains that there isnt enough meat, then calmly tell him that its because he ate it all.
I would just let the man be! wink

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by buchibabe: 2:42am On Jul 04, 2012
Haaaaahaaaaaaa ....if ur hubby doesn't steal d meat,then who will?(Dettol advert)
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 04, 2012
Ivynwa:

Lol at the bolded.
Some men have a terrible habit of being stingy when it comes to giving their spouse money for foodstuffs only to go to joints and restaurants later to fill their tummy. It is even such stingy men you will hear complaining that they go to restaurants because their wife's soups are not sweet enough when their stinginess won't allow them provide the money that makes good soups. grin

Or, like the OP's husband, he provides money for the cooking and she makes him feel guilty for eating what he freaking paid for. undecided
Men really just want to be themselves in peace, and if it means going to a p.soup joint to get peace of mind to eat then so be it. cheesy

Women una wahala too much grin

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Ivynwa(f): 3:13am On Jul 04, 2012
2buff:

Or, like the OP's husband, he provides money for the cooking and she makes him feel guilty for eating what he freaking paid for. undecided
Men really just want to be themselves in peace, and if it means going to a p.soup joint to get peace of mind to eat then so be it. cheesy

Women una wahala too much grin

grin grin
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by royalchallenge(m): 5:22am On Jul 04, 2012
There is nothing wrong but it depends on how the wife sees it. But its a bad habit though why not wait till you are served the food.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by balogunsam(m): 6:12am On Jul 04, 2012
r231:

na wa o

on top wetin undecided undecided

i wonder too oooo...see as d person match ppppppppppppp.....its just a meat discussion....pple sef...there are som girls one must not marry here ooo. imagine one guy saying self control and d likes....unto wetin? my wife's pot of soup? i'll finish d whole pot if i want to as long as everyone has had som to eat and i am rest assured i can easily provide for another pot before d next meal simple!
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Ozegbe(m): 6:14am On Jul 04, 2012
Okaakoko: no be him give the money? In my house oh, everyone is free with the pot
including your kids?
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by lagcity(m): 7:09am On Jul 04, 2012
Kai! Mai Gida no fit chop meat for him own house again? These women will kill us on this planet, i swear. That's why men are afraid to marry nowadays.

Man: honey, pls give me remote. i wan watch manchester.
Wife: no!
Man: ok honey. give me puccy then
Wife: no!
Man: oh i remember, today is poker night with the guys.
Wife: you aint going nowhere

Men are so screwed nowadayz grin
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by kkool0411: 7:23am On Jul 04, 2012
nobaga: Be serious.

It is a bad habit. Even if he leaves the money for the meat, it does not mean he can eat more than his share while others do without. If there is scarcity, parents must do with less. In this case, it is not about scacity but about a bad habit that the man cannot let go. Yes someone said it already, freeze one third of the meat. In oder to train him, leave none in the pot after everyone has eaten. If he makes a special request for more or you want to satisfy his habit, cut the meat in his plate by a third. He can have that after his meal if he so desire.

If that is his special habit and you do not curb it in a friendly or subtle way, you will never have enough meat in the house.

There are men that spend big on food and drinks outside while they leave little at home. I hope this is not the case. But the lady have to be careful. You do not want to drive him to eating outside but must also curb his habit. Sometimes it is not out of greed but just a bad habit.
[color=#990000][/color]

9ce advice
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 04, 2012
If the ration that is meant for him is not enough as the man of the house then he is a walking heart attack waiting to happen. Find a way to get him to the hospital and check his cholesterol level. The physician will help you do the rest if your husband is the afraid to die type but if not, according to medical sciences high cholesterol is a sure way to ........you know
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by caprock(m): 7:35am On Jul 04, 2012
Is he a poor man, he should go out and buy suya or roasted chicken if he wants to eat meat. Or madam should stop using meat to cook for now. Fish and Kpomo will be a better alternative. Dry fish.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Etumgbe(m): 7:47am On Jul 04, 2012
Make I piss I dey come back. Make sure say enof meat dey kitchen
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 04, 2012
Hoodrat: Your husband is cannibal be careful he might eat you up when there is no meet left on earth to eat.

Lol. I don tell Seun say make e introduce psychiatric test for this forum. Una go wound person one day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) / 5 Categories Of Worst Performing Dads / Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.