Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? (18544 Views)

My Father Threw Away My Pot Of Soup. / Is There Anyone Who Can Deliver Liters Of Soup And Stew To Me In Port Harcourt? / Only Meat In The Pot, Who Would You Give? your Father Or Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by daviesmania(m): 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
ifyalways: Argh woman, wake up.please buy, prepare and place within his reach and eye radius more spicy and tasty pieces of meat. Let him eat as much as his itchy fingers can BUT while he's busy @ your kitchen "stealing" your meat, jejely move yourself to the bedroom and go deal with his wallets and atms. Itchy fingers V itchy fingers.
lol, mine was dealing with baby milks then, when caught he would claim his mouth was bitter. When my nagging and hiding my baby food didn't work, I simply resolved to deal with his wallet and nobody tell am when to stop.

Looking at the economy and considering that all fingers are not equal, have you thought of "empting" your pot after serving everyone?remove all meat from your soup after serving everyone, put the meat in the fridge or freezer. Most men are generally "kitchen lazy" and won't get the strenght to microwave frozen meat.
pls dont even consider removing de meats 4rm de pot, lest he steals 4rm ur neighbor's pot. He's a diehard meat thief u no!
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tEsLim(m): 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2012
I eat a lot of meat. And some meats she does not like game(bush meat) and pork. To help me reduce how I deal with her pot. I buy extra meat myself and tell her this is my meat. Please help fry and I can eat them as I want. But then those are not as sweet as the one in her pot. With all the stew soaked in them etc. So when I take from the pot I say replace it with my meet smiley. I have a separate refrigerator upstairs in my room the bedroom fridge. But its good that its her pot right? Btw its my money. But I don't say that. But I have that at the back of my mind too. Sometimes i run covet operation. I hope my kids dont pick up the habit sha. Its only daddy that can do it because daddy pays for it!
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by jaybee3(m): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
Shouldn't we be advising the OP to educate the husband on dangers of eating excessive red meat?
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by queensmith: 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2012
lol back home they ration meat. . . .my mum used to make a habit of giving us meat whenever she was making it.

Do that, whenever you are making meat, give your husband one or two that is his extra portion. He cannot be eating the meat that belongs to the whole house, discipline him! lool grin grin grin if you see his hand in the pot tell him thats his meat for the week! nonsense grin grin

you can also add meat alternatives to the stew, if you dont want to spend too much, some chicken, mushrooms, turkey, that disgusting leathery thing they like eating. . . ponmo, those little little meat thingies, shaki, and bits that he doesnt like so even if he eats them it doesnt upset the ration of the house.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by infogenius(m): 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
tEsLim: I eat a lot of meat. And some meats she does not like game(bush meat) and pork. To help me reduce how I deal with her pot. I buy extra meat myself and tell her this is my meat. Please help fry and I can eat them as I want. But then those are not as sweet as the one in her pot. With all the stew soaked in them etc. So when I take from the pot I say replace it with my meet smiley. I have a separate refrigerator upstairs in my room the bedroom fridge. But its good that its her pot right? Btw its my money. But I don't say that. But I have that at the back of my mind too. Sometimes i run covet operation. I hope my kids dont pick up the habit sha. Its only daddy that can do it because daddy pays for it!

lol.Ur kids must definitely pick up the habit.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
queensmith: lol back home they ration meat. . . .my mum used to make a habit of giving us meat whenever she was making it.

Do that, whenever you are making meat, give your husband one or two that is his extra portion. He cannot be eating the meat that belongs to the whole house, discipline him! lool grin grin grin if you see his hand in the pot tell him thats his meat for the week! nonsense grin grin

you can also add meat alternatives to the stew, if you dont want to spend too much, some chicken, mushrooms, turkey, that disgusting leathery thing they like eating. . . ponmo, those little little meat thingies, shaki, and bits that he doesnt like so even if he eats them it doesnt upset the ration of the house.

Which Nigerian man doesn't like these things?
Well-cooked, soft ponmo is better than strait-up beef IMO.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 2:52am On Jul 06, 2012
Does it matter if he takes the meat from the pot or from a plate? nor be him belle the thing dey go?

#Support from a notorious pot hacker!#
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 06, 2012
@Queen

My husband would kill anybody for his shaki, kponmo, abodi, chicken gizzard, crabs, snails etc. grin so your advise won't work for me at all grin

My husband is not a red meat lover anyways but will die for the above mentioned meats, add turkey and chicken to the list, Without the skin though. I leave my own skin on cool
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 06, 2012
Pepper soup with those intestine things is simply the best. Take it from a Lagos born babe cool
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by dagreen14: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2012
Try this....

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by joinnow: 10:34am On Jul 13, 2012
just saw this and feel it be of interest to you SUV

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by 3ppleg(f): 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
Una dey try o. I am enjoying the thread.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
dagreen14: Try this....

That's very funny grin

Men are like that grin, I cooked a whole goat meat leg yesterday and he almost finished the whole thing, I didn't even taste it, I'm used to it and happy he's always looking forward to eat my food...., I guess that's a good thing. undecided
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by abbeyty(m): 4:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
he needs to stop this before he start taking meat from your next neighbor's pot of soup,this bad habit gat to stop. with fasting and prayer this evil habit will be conquered just believe in God.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
You better warn him before he tries that in Aluu community
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by davo90tico(m): 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
chaircover:

Thumbs up; he likes your cooking

No big deal, just cook more meat than you require or cook and grill some meat and leave it in the fridge for him to pick and nibble when he wants

I dont see what the problem is, he is a grown man & I beleive who works hard and puts down food money so, if he wants to eat his own meat in his own home then please let him be.

Excuse me, but its not his own meat anymore its their meat cos if u say his then he might as well be better as a bachellor why marry abeg he needs to show more consideration i mean its a marriage not a dictatorship
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by missojugo(f): 7:38am On Nov 14, 2014
SUV:
my husband is fond of taking meat from the pot of soup/stew after everyone had finished eating.

i asked him why he does that he said his moth is feeling somehow sad

when we were growing up, my mum used to beat our house help for taking meat from the pot, she said its a bad habit. now my hubby is doing the same thin.

The annoying part is that sometimes we may not have surplus meat, we will only hv enof to go round everybody for the meal times, and when he finishes eating the meat in the pot, the real meal time, if there is no meat left to serve the food, he will complain that u are serving food without meat, that it is not proper.

wives in the house, please is anyone feeling or experiencing same thing?

Hubby's in the house, pls what do u guys think i shld do?

pls don't abuse me ohhhhh! i am only saying my mind

Tell him if he likes meat so much he should increase meat allowance by 50% so he can eat enough during meals and his mouth will stop feeling "somehow"
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by shalommeri(f): 4:40am On Nov 18, 2014
dnt wori he wont go as far as stealin meat frm ur neighbours pot..well its a habit dat cant b stopd soon o ..ma pastor said hez a victim of dat as far as ur nt hidin nd ur wife knws it nd u can afford it,den its nt bad..if u dnt giv him he may go outside to eat frm resturants nd bet me u wouldnt lyk dat..caution him to not let d children see him.wen doin it nd he shud support wit d buyin of mor meat bt if u knw una no get enof moni to support d habit den datz bad..u fry d meat nd hide it..wen u want to warm d soup u or stew u bring out d quantity dat wud b enouf fot dat particular meal
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by sayoberry(f): 10:47am On Nov 19, 2014
grin .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House / Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day / A Nairalander Mother And Son Celebrate Birthday Same Day And Share Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.