Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? (6403 Views)

Some Of The Difference Between God & Allah / #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews / Are Olodumare And "god/allah" The Same Entity/concept/word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2007
davidylan:

how many times will we have to prove that allah was just as confused as his slaves today? Look at the portion in highlights . . . allah claims to be talking about "christian sects" such as the monarchites, jacobites and nestorites . . . here is the problem . . .

Nestorite - A form of phenolic resin. There are NO christian sects refered to as nestorites either now or ever in history.
Monarchite - No such thing has ever existed.
Jacobite - there has never existed any such christian sect.

Now just what was allah really pretending to state above? Did allah really know anything about the world he claimed to have created?

Dont bother to wonder, just google those 3 names and see for urselves.

ROFL.
Is it today we proved that mohammed (allah) is a bloody liar
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by olabowale(m): 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2007
Only a full rejoices, too quickly, at the slightest hope of victory. Until a decisive victory
is achieved, the hope may just be a MIRAGE. Glory belongs to Allah, alone.

So when the fickle minds limited their sources to Goggle, a very young and yet immature
sources of Knowledge, God Almighty Allah defends His Religion. He excites the would be
inmate of doom to false victory until they are shamed.

Intelligence will prompt mindful people to further their research, even to dictionary sources.
That was what I did. I will only provide the definition of one, just to tease you of your
limited smart:

JACOBITE: (Origin of the Word), Jacobita, after Jacobus Baradaeus, bishop of Edessa (d. 578)

Definition of Jacobite: A member of the Syrian Monophysitic Church, which was founded in
the 6th century a. d. and was governed by the Patriarch of Antioch.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by dot2002(m): 11:01pm On Dec 04, 2007
Omori Avor obaayin in ibira, Oba nla tin n gbagba ra lowo a nini lara ku ise oo
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 04, 2007
olabowale:

JACOBITE: (Origin of the Word), Jacobita, after Jacobus Baradaeus, bishop of Edessa (d. 578)

Definition of Jacobite: A member of the Syrian Monophysitic Church, which was founded in
the 6th century a. d. and was governed by the Patriarch of Antioch.

Massa dont make too much noise. I saw that while i was researching too and i just knew it would be a matter of time before another hare-brained muslim pulled that out as "evidence".
There is NO evidence that the "Jacobites" where anything more than a small gathering of folks named after a charismatic leader. After Baradaeus' death (he lived for 73 yrs) there is NO mention anywhere in history of the Jacobites. There is NO mention anywhere that they had a uniquely different doctrine which is the basic hallmark of what you refer to as a sect.

In essence, that is insignificant because the name Jacobite has also been used to refer to a political movement in England as early as the 16th century. If indeed the name Jacobite had been uniquely reserved for a certain sect it is not likely to have been used to refer to another completely different movement.

Besides WHAT ABOUT THE MONARCHITES and NESTORITES? Found any evidence of their existence yet?
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 04, 2007
olabowale:

So when the fickle minds limited their sources to Goggle, a very young and yet immature
sources of Knowledge, God Almighty Allah defends His Religion. He excites the would be
inmate of doom to false victory until they are shamed.

Intelligence will prompt mindful people to further their research, even to dictionary sources.
That was what I did. I will only provide the definition of one, just to tease you of your
limited smart:

What a load of tripe. The reference to Jacobites can be easily found on Wikipedia via google!
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by dot2002(m): 11:27pm On Dec 04, 2007
cleric olabowale WHERE DO YOU DO LITERATURE RESEARCH IF NOT GOOGLE OR DO YOU USE ABACI METHOD IN NIGERIA NATIONAL LIBRARY? TELL ME, WISE CLERIC
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by olabowale(m): 11:30pm On Dec 04, 2007
After your dishonesty have been exposed, all of a sudden, your foolish mind
remembered the tripe. Dishonesty perishes. Very easily. Back to the topic.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by olabowale(m): 11:34pm On Dec 04, 2007
@dot2002: Right on, sister. The age of Bohemian is dead. They are now
given Bowery and Soho a facelift. You are many decades late.

Back to the topic, babe. Let me restrict myself. Good night, Alice.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by dot2002(m): 11:38pm On Dec 04, 2007
cleric olabowale when you see original materials your instinct should tell you
God in Christianity and Allah of Muhammad (S.W.A) are very different. The former has a heaven where all and sundry chill happily ever after, the latter has a heaven where beautiful girl will be waiting hand and feet on Muslim brethren and other clerics on this forum and in diaspora ever after. plz count me out i know which one to chose, its a matter of the devil you know- I don't need Google to write this, its a tenets of Islam, that is the only reason some one can do something like in image below, it is common knowledge maybe nobody ever bother to tell you that you meditate on your al-quran the wrong way up and write your fatwaah right to left. confused!!! grin grin grin

Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 05, 2007
olabowale:

After your dishonesty have been exposed, all of a sudden, your foolish mind
remembered the tripe. Dishonesty perishes. Very easily. Back to the topic.

you are a dishonest charlatan and you know it. Look at your earlier statement: I will only provide the definition of one, just to tease you of your
limited smart:

Now you know why you are providing the "definition of "just one"? Simple! Because the other TWO DO NOT EXIST!

The "definition" you claim to give for Jacobite is unreliable because:
1. It did not define a christian Sect that had any unique doctrine as at that time. . . WHERE is the reference to the doctrine of the Jacobites that allah falsely refers to?

2. The term Jacobite was used to define at least 4 (FOUR) other movements that had nothing to do with christianity in the same wikipedia document from which you "stole" the earlier definition. What you simply did was pick the one closest to religion and then claim to have wisely done research. You have simply dug a much deeper hole.

3. Mormons are a christian sect with a unique doctrine and follow a completely different set of rules, what were those of the Jacobites? Yep go ahead . . . there is absolutely NONE besides the fact that they had a charismatic leader named Jacob Baradeus.

4. What other historical sources beyond wikipedia can we site for this "christian sect"?

5. Where are the other two sects? Monarchites and Nestorites? 

6. What you have claimed is akin to stating that the Lutherans are a christian sect. They are simply a part of the orthodox christian body that pulled out of the roman catholic church led by Martin Luther.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by olabowale(m): 10:17pm On Dec 05, 2007
All of a sudden, I felt a draft. Oh, its the wind blowing from Upstate New York. Lake Erie or something.
I will shut the window. Some funk may be coming behind it.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by Nobody: 2:24am On Dec 06, 2007
olabowale:

All of a sudden, I felt a draft. Oh, its the wind blowing from Upstate New York. Lake Erie or something.
I will shut the window. Some funk may be coming behind it.

grin cheesy shocked Perhaps it is Allah's gust of deceit that is suddenly staring you in your dishonest face.

Go ask allah for the monarchites tomorrow.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by stag: 7:36pm On Dec 12, 2007
davidylan:

Go ask allah for the monarchites tomorrow.

smiley
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by olabowale(m): 2:43pm On Dec 13, 2007
@Stag: Nwando already entered Nestorite/Nestorian Christian, in the person of a
Syrian monk named Bagira. Bagira was amonk who saw Muhammad when Muhammad
was less than 10 years old or there about! Where have you been man! You are very
late. Behind the 8 ball, you are!
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by alexis(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2007
No true Muslim or Christian will agree that we serve the same God because we don't.

1. The description of heaven to both religions are very different. While the Muslim heaven promises rivers of wine, 72 virgins and wild sex orgies, the Christian heaven is a place where God will be worshiped by his people.

2. The object of worship and/or veneration in Christianity is Jesus the Christ, He is taught as a person, Christians strive to emulate his ways and His life-style. He was peaceful and as a result, Christians are taught to be peaceful. Muslims in the same way venerate and respect muhammed, his life-style reflects in their lives. he fought was involved in over 27 battles, he had many wives, he was killed anyone that did not accept islam.
3. The world Allah doesn't mean God as most people believe, the arabic translation of God is 'Ilah' and not Allah. If I am wrong, I will like people well versed in arabic or the quran to correct me. So the question is, who is Allah?

There are 1001 reasons i can mentioned to suggest that the christian God and the muslim God are not the same.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by alexis(m): 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2007
Many Christians accept the Muslim claim that we both worship the same God. They claim that they call him Allah, while we call him God. It is not unusual to hear Christian leaders make such statements. Bible societies have even gone so far as to use the name Allah in the Bibles they produce for Arab Christians.

The problem with this is two-fold. First, history and archeology show clearly that Allah was worshipped as a pagan moon god long before Mohammed came on the scene. Robert Morey, author of The Islamic Invasion, explains:

"Islam's origins have been traced back by scholars to the ancient fertility religion of the worship of the moon god which was always the dominant religion of Arabia. The moon god was worshipped by praying toward Mecca several times a day, making an annual pilgrimage to the Kabah which was a temple of the moon god, running around the Kabah seven times, caressing an idol of a black stone set in the wall of the Kabah, running between two hills, making animal sacrifices, gathering on Fridays for prayers, giving alms to the poor, etc. These were pagan rites practiced by the Arabs long before Muhammad was born."

"What religion today practices the pagan rites of the moon god? Islam! This explains why the crescent moon is the symbol of Islam. It is placed on top of mosques and minarets and displayed on hats, flags, rugs, amulets and even jewelry. Every time you see the Muslim symbol of a crescent moon, you are seeing the ancient symbol of the moon god."

Second, if you read the Qur'an's description of Allah, and read the Bible's description of God, it becomes obvious you are reading about two different persons. Allah orders his followers to kill those who deny Islam, while God instructs us to love our enemies. Allah had no son while God sent His Son to die for sinful men. Allah is "unknowable" while God seeks a personal relationship with His creation, man.

The spirit behind Islam is an entirely different spirit, a spirit that denies the deity of Jesus Christ. Any Christian who accepts the notion that Allah is God creates an impossible situation. Since the Qur'an contains our only revelation about Allah, they will be forced to look there as their authority. The Qur'an specifically denies the deity of Christ! All Christian witness ends right there.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by olabowale(m): 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2007
@Alexis: You claim to live in Qatar, yet you are asking NLanders to correct you about what exactly Allah
means. If you truly live in Qatar, in the Arabian Gulf, all you gotto do, my man is to ask anyone to tell you
the meaning. As a matter of fact, you could have yelled out that question, from your window to any passerby.

Below is how the Arabs, the society which you claim that you live in see Allah and what it means to them,
Jews, Christians and Muslims Arabs, together!

Assalamu-Alaikum (السلام عليكم) Welcome To Quran.com

The Qur’ān (Arabic: القرآن al-qur’ān, literally "the recitation"; also sometimes transliterated as Quran, Koran, or Al-Qur’an) is the central religious text of Islam.

Muslims believe the Qur’an to be the word of God that was given to Muhammad, by the archangel Gabriel, over a period of twenty-three years until his death. It is believed that Gabriel spoke to Muhammad, in the cave of the mountain of Hira, the first words of the Qur’an:

“ Read, in the name of God Who made man from a drop of blood, God is Most Rewarding, He Who taught man to write with pen, and taught man what he knew not. ”

The Qur’an (chapter 96:1 - 5)

Muslims believe the Qur’an to be the book of divine guidance and direction for mankind and consider the text in its original Arabic to be the literal word of God and view the Qur’an as God’s final revelation to humanity.

It has been written and read only in Arabic for more than 1,400 years. But, because many Muslims around the world do not understand Arabic, the meaning of the Qur’an is also given in other languages, so that readers can understand better what the Arabic words in the Qur’an mean. These books are like dictionaries to the Qur’an — they are not read as part of the religion of Islam, to replace the Arabic Qur’an.

Excerpted from Qur’an on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Latest articles
Allāh
Allah (Arabic: الله, Allāh) is the standard Arabic word for "God". The term is best known in the West for its use by Muslims as a reference to God.[1] Arabic-speakers of all faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God".[2] The Muslim and Christian Arabs of today have no other word for ’God’ than ’Allah’.[3] In pre-Islamic Arabia, Allah was used by pagan Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity.[4]
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by alexis(m): 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2007
What has living in Qatar got to do with correction? I stated that if I was wrong that someone well informed with facts should correct me. I have read in the quran that 'Ilah' means God and it is based on this fact that I presented my case.

Alhaji olabowale - if years could be tantamount to knowledge and wisdom, it clearly shows that you are a 2 year old. It is clear that gray hair isn't the sign of wisdom, it is the sign of old age and in your case acute memory loss and ability to reason correctly.

You pasted several paragraphs from webpages on the internet yet you couldn't stipulate with facts where 'Allah' means God, neither from the koran, bible or any reference that has history backing it up.

If I quote from the quran where 'Ilah' means God instead of Allah, I will expect you to disprove it with similar facts (not meer blabbing and story tellings but with FACTS) or you shut up permanently.

Muslims believe the Qur’an to be the word of God that was given to Muhammad, by the archangel Gabriel, over a period of twenty-three years until his death. It is believed that Gabriel spoke to Muhammad, in the cave of the mountain of Hira, the first words of the Qur’an:

I have read the quran and it is from the koran that I will show you surahs which stipulates various accounts on how the koran was given to muhammed. Some surahs suggest 'angel gabriel', others suggest 'angels' and others even suggest 'holy spirit'. One stipulated 'one mighty in power' - with all these variations, how do we know who gave muhammed the koran? One axe for you to grind

It has been written and read only in Arabic for more than 1,400 years. But, because many Muslims around the world do not understand Arabic, the meaning of the Qur’an is also given in other languages, so that readers can understand better what the Arabic words in the Qur’an mean. These books are like dictionaries to the Qur’an — they are not read as part of the religion of Islam, to replace the Arabic Qur’an.

'Ilah' is an arabic word alhaji and since you know arabic (I beleive), what does 'Ilah' means in arabic?

My previous posts was in line with this thread and i was trying to tell you that the God in the bible and Allah in the Koran are not the same, and if they are not the same, who is Allah?

Answering the following questions honestly will help us identify who Allah is

1. Was Allah worshiped in Arabia before mu hammed was born?
2. Muhammad grand father name was abdullah - meaning 'servant of Allah'. How come his grand father had a "Muslim/Islamic" name before mu hammed even formed Islam?
3. Did some Arabians used to pray facing mecca 5 times a day before the advent of mu hammed and Islam?
4. Did some Arabians used to go on annual pilgrimage to the Kaaba which was a temple of the moon god, running around the Kaaba seven times, caressing an idol of a black stone set in the wall of the Kaaba, running between two hills, making animal sacrifices, gathering on Fridays for prayers before the advent of mu hammed and Islam?
5. Now, what religion worships every Friday, faces meccah when praying today?

Please answer these questions honestly and then we can debate as gentlemen.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by alexis(m): 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2007
Alhaji olabowale,

Seems you are missing, I have waited for your response over 4 hours now but no reply.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by olabowale(m): 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2007
@Alexis: I thought that if a fellow lives in Igbo land, Chineke would be a common word with him!
If such a man needs to know what Chineke means, all he has to do is to take a stroll to any
market, and ask any ethnic Igbo for an explanation! To have picked a pen and write a to Tribune
Publication, in Oke-Ado, in Ibadan, would clearly show a poor judgement!

The above is similar to what you have done! You are not a blind man, so you see people walking
about. You are not deaf, because you did not say that in your piece. You are not dump, because
you are complaining about any difficulty to survive, around the Bedouin Arabs! You obviously have the
sense to write NL, you could have just done that with any Qatar publications, or media!

You see, if you are truly a Christian, you could have found some Arab Christian and asked the same
question! You would have spared all of us, your 2 year old statement. You have also saved yourself
from me, a 2 year old gray haired, to lecture you! Yet after I gave you a fully blown definition, which
actually tells us what the Arabs, be it a Jew, Christian or Muslim call God!

What do you want from a 2 year old? You want me to break it down more than what it truly means?
You are Mr. Impossible! But I love you anyway Alexis. lol.

Dalu, Sonu, Pele. It the month of Hajj. I got to be busy with reflection and there is time for everything!
Sorry I did not get back to you, sooner, Alexis!
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by olabowale(m): 12:40am On Dec 14, 2007
@Alexis: If it is true that you have read the Qur'an, I hope it is in Arabic, since you reside in
Arabic Country! My opinion is that you did not understand anything you read from it. I will
therefore take it that you are what we call in Islam, Al Mutamushrikiin, an Orientalist in plain
language! Orientalists study the Qur'an, hadith and Sunnah, mastered the Arabic language,
yet disbelief in Islam! Its your heart man. You have a bad heart! Enough of my 2 year old tempertantrum!

I have read the quran and it is from the koran that I will show you surahs which stipulates various accounts on how the koran (Its spelled with a Qaf, not kaf!) was given to muhammed (It is Capital Mim, not small Mim, I will end my with mad, not your med!). Some surahs suggest 'angel gabriel', (Angel Gabrael is correct and was always in every revelation, except the last 4 Verses of Surah Baqarah, which was given in the Night Journey known as Isra wa Miraj. Ever heard of it, Alexis?) others suggest 'angels' (Angel Gabrael and others who accompanied him, for example in teh revelation of Suratul Fatiha, also known as Ummuh Kitab!) and others even suggest 'holy spirit'. (Another name for Angel Gabrael) One stipulated 'one mighty in power' (A description of Angel Gabrael) - with all these variations, how do we know who gave muhammed the koran? One axe for you to grind (Alexis, it is you who is Ted Bunion. You need a big giant axe! I am very clear of my position, Alhamdulillah.)

'Ilah' is an arabic word alhaji and since you know arabic (I beleive), what does 'Ilah' means in arabic? (Allah is Al for 'The' and ilah is 'god'! This 'god' can mean any deity. But Allah means 'The God.' You see, I wonder if in your african tribe, maybe am presumptious in my assumption that you are an african do the animists/traditional worshippers have a name for God Almighty different from what the Christian of the same tribe call God Almighty? If your answer id no, then the same applies to Pre Islamic Allah, the Muslim Allah,the Arab Christian Allah and the Arab Jewish Allah! For sure the Arab Pagans were before any of the later three so called monotheistic religions! I believe that Islam is the only true monotheistic among the three. The remaining two are just that only by name! Afterall, the Christians are a three in One God worshippers!

My previous posts was in line with this thread and i was trying to tell you that the God in the bible and Allah in the Koran (Qur'an) are not the same, and if they are not the same, who is Allah? In the West, we Muslims say God too, in English Language. In Arabic Language, what do the Bible call God? Alexis, am going to trip you so hard, you will fall like Humty Dumty!

Answering the following questions honestly will help us identify who Allah is

1. Was Allah worshiped in Arabia before mu hammed was born? (Allah of the period before Muhammad means 'god,' while Allah of Islam means Almighty!
2. Muhammad grand father name was abdullah - meaning 'servant of Allah'. How come his grand father had a "Muslim/Islamic" name before mu hammed even formed Islam? (Muhammad's father, not his grandfather. His name was abdi Mutallib! Alexis you have not true understandingof Islam, etc.
3. Did some Arabians used to pray facing mecca 5 times a day before the advent of mu hammed and Islam? (There was no 5 prayers before Islam of Muhammad! Again, you have Zero understanding!
4. Did some Arabians used to go on annual pilgrimage to the Kaaba which was a temple of the moon god, running around the Kaaba seven times, caressing an idol of a black stone set in the wall of the Kaaba, running between two hills, making animal sacrifices, gathering on Fridays for prayers before the advent of mu hammed and Islam? (The call for hajj, the annual pilgrimage was made by Ibrahim! This was long time before the Jewish people ever existed. Much longer time before Christianity, which was a religion that Jesus reckon with, anyhow. Extreme long time before the Islam of Muhammad. The question you need to answer for me, Alexis, isthis, Was Ibrahim, a pagan, because he was the last caller for the Pilgrimage? You said moon god? Have you heard of Muhammad's splitting of the moon miracle? How can a worshipper split his god, if he truly believes in it? Alexis, you are wrong, again! Gathering on Fridays, for prayer before Islam of Muhammad? You are probably more naive than a 2 year old! Probably you are asleep throghout your entry! You could have easily gone to any Masjid in Qatar for a thorough Islamic lecture. You definitely need it! If you are going to be this dishonest, I will just think that you are not serious, but looking for attention! You need to talk to the shrink in NL. I will recommend Nwando and our scholarly Davidylan!
5. Now, what religion worships every Friday, faces meccah when praying today?

Please answer these questions honestly and then we can debate as gentlemen.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by shushu(f): 9:52pm On Dec 14, 2007
Eagerly awaiting the reply to Alexis' questions from Olabowale, without any insults please.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2007
shushu:

Eagerly awaiting the reply to Alexis' questions from Olabowale, without any insults please.

You and 100 other people who have been watching this thread and waiting !!! embarassed
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by MrTurkey(m): 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2007
are Jehovah and Allah the same spirit?

No
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by shushu(f): 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2007
[quote][/quote]
You and 100 other people who have been watching this thread and waiting !!!

Kobojunkie, with reference to the above statement.The arguments by yourself, davidylan and others are quite impressive, what more is there to say without repeating the same things over and over again to olabowale?All i want the man to do is table his arguments in a more understandable and less insultive manner.And i am still awaiting his response to the questions asked.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2007
shushu:

You and 100 other people who have been watching this thread and waiting !!!

Kobojunkie, with reference to the above statement.The arguments by yourself, davidylan and others are quite impressive, what more is there to say without repeating the same things over and over again to olabowale?All i want the man to do is table his arguments in a more understandable and less insultive manner.And i am still awaiting his response to the questions asked.

I am so glad I am not the only one who sees that problem in his responses. I barely understand his lenghty posts and 99.9% of the time it is 1) off point 2) just babbling
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by MrTurkey(m): 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2007
grin
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by alexis(m): 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2007
@Alexis: I thought that if a fellow lives in Igbo land, Chineke would be a common word with him!. If such a man needs to know what Chineke means, all he has to do is to take a stroll to any market, and ask any ethnic Igbo for an explanation! To have picked a pen and write a to Tribune Publication, in Oke-Ado, in Ibadan, would clearly show a poor judgement!

Does asking an arab what "Allah" means answer the question? Most muslims recite the koran, they don't READ it to understand. Since they don't read it, christians will help them read it and where we see things that need to be addressed, we will present them to muslims to answer, where they can't, we will call on history to answer. They sit at their mullahs feet and accept anything and everything he says. We are not zombies olabowale, we are free thinking humans that should judge situations and make informed decisions, something that most muslims are scared to do. I don't need to write any publication house in Qatar to find out who 'Allah' is. To find out, I need to go to the authoritative source for all muslims - 'the koran' or 'quran'

Alhaji olabowale, do forgive me if I spelt the koran wrongly, if I use koran or quran, I am referring to the samething.

(Angel Gabrael is correct and was always in every revelation, except the last 4 Verses of Surah Baqarah, which was given in the Night Journey known as Isra wa Miraj. (Angel Gabrael and others who accompanied him, for example in the revelation of Suratul Fatiha, also known as Ummuh Kitab!) holy spirit'. (Another name for Angel Gabrael), 'one mighty in power' (A description of Angel Gabrael).

I am laughing and rolling on the floor. So in one surah, the quran declares it was angel gabriel and in another surah when it mention 'angels' were given the quran you decided to add other angels with gabriel,lol. Unfortunately, I am at work and I don't have my quran with me. I will show you the surah I am referring to in no way referred to angel gabriel when it mentioned 'angels' my friend, it if had did - the all knowing Allah should have known and mentioned it clearly?

So 'holy spirit' is now called angel gabriel in the quran abi or angel gabriel is called 'holy spirit' abi? The term 'holy spirit' and an 'angel' are two different entities olabowale, that is why they have names to describe them. This cheap attempt of equating angel gabriel and some holy spirit is at best a deceitful attempt. So, I am to believe where ever I see 'holy spirit' in the quran, it means angel gabriel or vice-versa. You will have to try harder Alhaji. Perhaps the ice-storm in the US is chilling your brains, clearly - you are not using them.

The term 'one mightly in power' can not be ascribed to an angel. Angels are messengers and other times act as guardians my friend. That description suits a deity or a god, so it is hard to prove that 'one mighty in power' as mention in that surah was angel gabriel. You still never grind the axe oh alhaji.

(Allah is Al for 'The' and ilah is 'god'! This 'god' can mean any deity. But Allah means 'The God.' You see, I wonder if in your african tribe, maybe am presumptious in my assumption that you are an african do the animists/traditional worshippers have a name for God Almighty different from what the Christian of the same tribe call God Almighty? If your answer id no, then the same applies to Pre Islamic Allah, the Muslim Allah,the Arab Christian Allah and the Arab Jewish Allah! For sure the Arab Pagans were before any of the later three so called monotheistic religions! I believe that Islam is the only true monotheistic among the three. The remaining two are just that only by name! Afterall, the Christians are a three in One God worshippers!

What is in a name olabowale? A name is not only identification, but an identity as well. Many times a special meaning is attached to the name. Names had, among other purposes, an explanatory purpose. Throughout the bible God reveals Himself to us through His names. When we study these names that He reveals to us in the Bible, we will better understand who God really is. The meanings behind God's names reveal the central personality and nature of the One who bears them. Let me give you a few examples of what we christians call our God

1. (el el-yone') - The Most High God
El is a name that is translated as "God" and can be used in conjunction with other words to designate various aspects of God's character. Elyon literally means "Most High" and is used both adjectivally and substantivally throughout the Old Testament. It expresses the extreme sovereignty and majesty of God and His highest preeminence. When the two words are combined — El Elyon — it can be translated as "the most exalted God."(Psa 57:2)

2. (el shad-di') - All-Sufficient One, Lord God Almighty
El is a name that is translated as "God" and can be used in conjunction with other words to designate various aspects of God's character. Another word much like Shaddai, and from which many believe it derived, is shad meaning "breast" in Hebrew (some other scholars believe that the name is derived from an Akkadian word Šadu, meaning "mountain," suggesting strength and power). This refers to God completely nourishing, satisfying, and supplying His people with all their needs as a mother would her child. Connected with the word for God, El, this denotes a God who freely gives nourishment and blessing, He is our sustainer.

Interestingly, not many Muslims want to accept that Allah was already being worshipped at the Ka'ba in Mecca by Arab pagans before Muhammad came. Some Muslims become angry when they are confronted with this fact (muslims like you). But history is not on your side. Pre-Islamic literature has proved this.

History establishes beyond the shadow of doubt that even the pagan Arabs, before Muhammad’s time, knew their chief god by the name of Allah and even, in a sense, proclaimed his unity, Among the pagan Arabs this term denoted the chief god of their pantheon, the Kaaba, with its three hundred and sixty idols.

To find out who Allah is and how the word Allah became known as God, we need to know the pre-Islamic origin of 'Allah". Consider these facts that history supports

1. Allah was worshipped by the pagan Arabs as one of many polytheistic gods - Yes!, Allah was indeed worshipped before muhammed was born. So, what is new about 'There is no god but Allah and muhammed is his messenger'. Pagan arabs worshipped 'Allah' long before the advent of islam.
2. Allah was worshipped in the Kabah at Mecca before Muhammad was born. Muhammad merely proclaimed a god the Meccans were already familiar with. The pagan Arabs never accused Muhammad of preaching a different Allah than the one they already worshipped. They wondered why he gave monopoly to only 'Allah'
3. Although "Allah" has become known as the proper name for the Muslim god, Allah is not a name, but a descriptor that means literally, "the god". All pagan cultures have these generic terms that refer to their "top god" as "the god". In comparison to the perfect monotheism of Judaism and Christianity, "Allah" was originally no more a proper name for the Muslim God, than the word Hebrew "elohim" (god) or Greek "theos" (god) are proper names of the one true God of the Bible. "Jehovah" is the only revealed proper name for the "Elohim" of the Old Testament ( Ex 3:13; 6:3) and "Jesus" is the only revealed proper name of "Theos" in the New Testament. (Acts 4:12) Islam has no proper name for their god, but merely transformed, by universal use and confusion, the generic Allah into a proper name. So although today, Muslims use "Allah" as a proper name, it was never used this way originally. Allah, therefore is equivalent to "elohim" and "ho theos" but not "Jehovah" or "Jesus". Allah is not the name of the nameless Muslim God. However Muslims will claim that Allah is the name of God that corresponds to Jehovah. Both the Father and the Son are called "ho theos" (The God). Jesus is called "The God" many times in the New Testament: John 20:28; Heb 1:8. An important conclusion from this, is that the mere fact that "Allah" is equivalent to "elohim" and "ho theos" does not mean they are directly corresponded. It certainly doesn’t prove Allah is the same as the God of the Old or New Testament. It does not prove that Muslim’s worship the same God as Christians. If this correspondence proved the Muslim god was the same as the Christian God, then because pagan religions also have generics that correspond to "the god" (Allah), this correspondence would also prove that Allah is the same god as the Buddhist god, for Buddhists also refer to their god as "the god". I hope you get it now alhaji.

Your Post
1. Was Allah worshiped in Arabia before mu hammed was born? (Allah of the period before Muhammad means 'god,' while Allah of Islam means Almighty!

Yeah right!, alhaji - this is a simple task, just prove that the Allah of pre-islamic arabia is different from the Allah that muhammed brought. They are the same deities, the mode of worship, the rites, the travelling to mecca and praying 5 times a day was done thousands of years before the advent of muhammed islam.

Your Post
2. Muhammad grand father name was abdullah - meaning 'servant of Allah'. How come his grand father had a "Muslim/Islamic" name before mu hammed even formed Islam? (Muhammad's father, not his grandfather. His name was abdi Mutallib! Alexis you have not true understandingof Islam, etc.

Thanks for the correction alhaji but you still haven't answer the question. His father/grandfather was a servant of Allah before his son was born. So, what Allah is his son talking about?

Your Post
3. Did some Arabians used to pray facing mecca 5 times a day before the advent of mu hammed and Islam? (There was no 5 prayers before Islam of Muhammad! Again, you have Zero understanding!

This cheap attempt of not answering the question doesn't make your statement correct. There are authentic sources (history, text and scrolls) that I can refer you to that pre-islamic arabians used to pray 5 times a day. Again, if they used to do it before the advent of islam and worship Allah, what is the difference between the Allah that they used to pray 5 times a day to and the Allah that you pray 5 times a day to? I expect that you can honestly answer this question.

Your Post
4. Did some Arabians used to go on annual pilgrimage to the Kaaba which was a temple of the moon god, running around the Kaaba seven times, caressing an idol of a black stone set in the wall of the Kaaba, running between two hills, making animal sacrifices, gathering on Fridays for prayers before the advent of mu hammed and Islam? (The call for hajj, the annual pilgrimage was made by Ibrahim! This was long time before the Jewish people ever existed. Much longer time before Christianity, which was a religion that Jesus reckon with, anyhow. Extreme long time before the Islam of Muhammad. The question you need to answer for me, Alexis, isthis, Was Ibrahim, a pagan, because he was the last caller for the Pilgrimage? You said moon god? Have you heard of Muhammad's splitting of the moon miracle? How can a worshipper split his god, if he truly believes in it? Alexis, you are wrong, again! Gathering on Fridays, for prayer before Islam of Muhammad? You are probably more naive than a 2 year old! Probably you are asleep throghout your entry! You could have easily gone to any Masjid in Qatar for a thorough Islamic lecture. You definitely need it! If you are going to be this dishonest, I will just think that you are not serious, but looking for attention! You need to talk to the shrink in Nairaland. I will recommend Nwando and our scholarly Davidylan!

I never mentioned anything about Ibrahim and he being a pagan or not. Infact I have no clue what you are talking about. I never mentioned anything about muhammed splitting the moon miracle either, where is all this coming from? These are irrelevant to the question at hand. I asked if they pilgrimage to the kaaba that pre-islamic arabians used to go to and worship Allah is different from the pilgrimage that muslims to go now? Which other way can I put the question for you to answer? I dey wait oh!

The last but not the least question - What religion worships every Friday, faces meccah when praying today? An honest and simple answer is all I need, no stories about any miracles or how I don't know anything about islam, I just need a simple answer.

I hand the floor over to you - alhaji
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by OMUWUNMI: 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2007
for where?God na the koko,the real thing gan gan,but allah na one babalawo for saudi arabia,
you no fit compare the two,just like you no fit compare heaven with hell,
BABA GOD NA HEAVEN,allah be hell
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by alexis(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2007
Alhaji olabowale - I am still waiting for your response to my last post.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by olabowale(m): 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2007
@Alexis: Thank you for handing the floor over to me. But fake as disingenuos flattery will earn you no points with me. The first rule is that there is no way you, as a non Arab can be a better Arab linguist/scholar that the Arabs! Secondly, Qur'an is the standard of which Arab language, grammar, etc are measured. That includes the Arab Bible. So based on this, your understanding of anything Arabic, will have to be based on its ranking with the Qur'anic Arabic. Let me make it very elementary for you: In Bahia, Brasil (Brazil), Yoruba is spoken. Could their Yoruba be purer than the Yoruba spoken in the Western part of Nigeria? No, it will be impossible! The Yorubas say: A ji se bi Yoruba lan ri, Yoruba o nji se bi eni kon. Fela Anikulapo said in one of his yappies; English is Yoruba badly spoken (This one is to make you relax, so that you can listen, attentively)!

Does asking an arab what "Allah" means answer the question? Most muslims recite the koran, they don't READ it to understand. Since they don't read it, christians will help them read it and where we see things that need to be addressed, we will present them to muslims to answer, where they can't, we will call on history to answer. They sit at their mullahs feet and accept anything and everything he says. We are not zombies olabowale, we are free thinking humans that should judge situations and make informed decisions, something that most muslims are scared to do. I don't need to write any publication house in Qatar to find out who 'Allah' is. To find out, I need to go to the authoritative source for all muslims - 'the koran' or 'quran'
Alhaji olabowale, do forgive me if I spelt the koran wrongly, if I use koran or quran, I am referring to the samething.

Iqra, the first word revealed to Muhammad (as), means proclaim to him. Since Muhammad did not know how to read anyway, it could also mean recite to him. But to the rest of the muslims and arabs, regardless of religion, it also mean read. So the Qur'an, unlike your narrow defination of what the muslims do, is read, recited and proclaimed when there is sermon, ministrial effort, etc. Yes most Muslims recite the Qur'an, because the legislation and explanation of it is been preserved, in tafsir, hadith, sunnah, sirah and other sort of school of knowledge. For example, the issue of Riba (interest), is illustrated by it having 72 levels. The lowest level of which it is in offense is on the same level with a man who have sex with his own mother! If you hear this, and it was passed down from generation directly, from Muhammad, without a break in chain of narration,what is there for you to try to independently think about?

You want to have your own explanation about it, whereby you permit the impermissable? Unfortunately, you do not know that the first organised University by mankind, which is still in existence is the Islamic University Al Ahza in Egypt. All other colleges of higher learning, around the world are modelled after this Islamic institution. So much for not being independent thinker and just being a Zombie. The Muslim Arabs wrote about Allah of preIslamic era, to mean exactly the Allah of Islam, courtesy of Arabic scholar, his excellency Alexis! Why would the Muslims, controlling the whole of Arab, including its language, the best of its culture, that they will foolishly exposed their God to you and people like you, if that God is exactly the ordinary God or equivalent to the idol god of the Arabs, before Islam of Muhammad? Yet the first thing they did when they entered Makka as victors, without raising a single sword, was to destroy all the 360 Idols in the ka'aba! Thes muslim pagans, the nerves of them, destroying their own gods!

I am laughing and rolling on the floor. So in one surah, the quran declares it was angel gabriel and in another surah when it mention 'angels' were given the quran you decided to add other angels with gabriel,lol. Unfortunately, I am at work and I don't have my quran with me. I will show you the surah I am referring to in no way referred to angel gabriel when it mentioned 'angels' my friend, it if had did - the all knowing Allah should have known and mentioned it clearly?
Alexis knows better than Allah! You need to read surah Al Maidah and see what the condition of Isa bin Mariam will be in the day of Judgement! He will be questioned in the front of mankind, by his Lord. So if your god Jesus will be questioned, you can imagine how off the straight path you are, to be analysing God Almighty Allah. I am free of your deeds, Alex. Please bring up the verses about Angels and let us look into your African Christian understanding Arabic Islam textbooks and grammar!

[quote[So 'holy spirit' is now called angel gabriel in the quran abi or angel gabriel is called 'holy spirit' abi? The term 'holy spirit' and an 'angel' are two different entities olabowale, that is why they have names to describe them. This cheap attempt of equating angel gabriel and some holy spirit is at best a deceitful attempt. So, I am to believe where ever I see 'holy spirit' in the quran, it means angel gabriel or vice-versa. You will have to try harder Alhaji. Perhaps the ice-storm in the US is chilling your brains, clearly - you are not using them.
The term 'one mightly in power' can not be ascribed to an angel. Angels are messengers and other times act as guardians my friend. That description suits a deity or a god, so it is hard to prove that 'one mighty in power' as mention in that surah was angel gabriel. You still never grind the axe oh alhaji.
[/quote]

How can a Yoruba christian be able to be an expert on Arab Islamic materials? How long you have been alive again, Alexis? Jibril is also called Ruuh Qudus! Also called Ruuh!, and other praising names. Until you can provide your proofs, the matter is considered settled. Try your Christian propaganda websites, you may not have a supporter on this one! You have to wake up pretty early to argue this one!

[quote]What is in a name olabowale? A name is not only identification, but an identity as well. Many times a special meaning is attached to the name. Names had, among other purposes, an explanatory purpose. Throughout the bible God reveals Himself to us through His names. When we study these names that He reveals to us in the Bible, we will better understand who God really is. The meanings behind God's names reveal the central personality and nature of the One who bears them. Let me give you a few examples of what we christians call our God
1. (el el-yone') - The Most High God
El is a name that is translated as "God" and can be used in conjunction with other words to designate various aspects of God's character. Elyon literally means "Most High" and is used both adjectivally and substantivally throughout the Old Testament. It expresses the extreme sovereignty and majesty of God and His highest preeminence. When the two words are combined — El Elyon — it can be translated as "the most exalted God."(Psa 57:2)
Let me just play with (1). el el-yone -The Most High God, according to you. But first, you said El is a name taht is translated as God". Therefore your el el yone will be god god yone! Okay let me write it in capital to make your heart at peace: God God-yone. How then do you get this Elyon to become 'Most High,' when El means God according to you? Alexis, you see how ridiculous your argument is? If you can argue to support your own defination of your own God, how can you ford a deep water of Islam, which will drown you so quickly before you can yell 'reaptide.' Alexis, I will leave this segment alone because, I may just spend all evening disecting your El Elyon as 'the most exalted God, (Psa 57;2)' You are making me laugh. And today is Hajj, itself! I can't play around.
2. (el shad-di') - All-Sufficient One, Lord God Almighty
El is a name that is translated as "God" and can be used in conjunction with other words to designate various aspects of God's character. Another word much like Shaddai, and from which many believe it derived, is shad meaning "breast" in Hebrew (some other scholars believe that the name is derived from an Akkadian word Šadu, meaning "mountain," suggesting strength and power). This refers to God completely nourishing, satisfying, and supplying His people with all their needs as a mother would her child. Connected with the word for God, El, this denotes a God who freely gives nourishment and blessing, He is our sustainer.
Have you heard of the ninety nine names of Allah? How many do you have in Judaism and Christendom?
Interestingly, not many Muslims want to accept that Allah was already being worshipped at the Ka'ba in Mecca by Arab pagans before Muhammad came. Some Muslims become angry when they are confronted with this fact (muslims like you). But history is not on your side. Pre-Islamic literature has proved this.
History establishes beyond the shadow of doubt that even the pagan Arabs, before Muhammad’s time, knew their chief god by the name of Allah and even, in a sense, proclaimed his unity, Among the pagan Arabs this term denoted the chief god of their pantheon, the Kaaba, with its three hundred and sixty idols.
To find out who Allah is and how the word Allah became known as God, we need to know the pre-Islamic origin of 'Allah". Consider these facts that history supports
1. Allah was worshipped by the pagan Arabs as one of many polytheistic gods - Yes!, Allah was indeed worshipped before muhammed was born. So, what is new about 'There is no god but Allah and muhammed is his messenger'. Pagan arabs worshipped 'Allah' long before the advent of islam.
2. Allah was worshipped in the Kabah at Mecca before Muhammad was born. Muhammad merely proclaimed a god the Meccans were already familiar with. The pagan Arabs never accused Muhammad of preaching a different Allah than the one they already worshipped. They wondered why he gave monopoly to only 'Allah'
3. Although "Allah" has become known as the proper name for the Muslim god, Allah is not a name, but a descriptor that means literally, "the god". All pagan cultures have these generic terms that refer to their "top god" as "the god". In comparison to the perfect monotheism of Judaism and Christianity, "Allah" was originally no more a proper name for the Muslim God, than the word Hebrew "elohim" (god) or Greek "theos" (god) are proper names of the one true God of the Bible. "Jehovah" is the only revealed proper name for the "Elohim" of the Old Testament ( Ex 3:13; 6:3) and "Jesus" is the only revealed proper name of "Theos" in the New Testament. (Acts 4:12) Islam has no proper name for their god, but merely transformed, by universal use and confusion, the generic Allah into a proper name. So although today, Muslims use "Allah" as a proper name, it was never used this way originally. Allah, therefore is equivalent to "elohim" and "ho theos" but not "Jehovah" or "Jesus". Allah is not the name of the nameless Muslim God. However Muslims will claim that Allah is the name of God that corresponds to Jehovah. Both the Father and the Son are called "ho theos" (The God). Jesus is called "The God" many times in the New Testament: John 20:28; Heb 1:8. An important conclusion from this, is that the mere fact that "Allah" is equivalent to "elohim" and "ho theos" does not mean they are directly corresponded. It certainly doesn’t prove Allah is the same as the God of the Old or New Testament. It does not prove that Muslim’s worship the same God as Christians. If this correspondence proved the Muslim god was the same as the Christian God, then because pagan religions also have generics that correspond to "the god" (Allah), this correspondence would also prove that Allah is the same god as the Buddhist god, for Buddhists also refer to their god as "the god". I hope you get it now alhaji.

Alexis, to properly response to you, I have to take you back as far as father Ibrahim time in Iraq. This is where we have to begin. Since Ibrahim was the father of of the Arabs, through his first son, Ismail, who was truly the only son, in all the 13 years before his younger brother Isiaq was born. We see from this event, that Yahweh, Judaism could not have existed, as name of God to an Iraqi citizen stateman, from Ur. Neither as a religion nor as an ethnic identity. The truth is that the two elements came to being, at a later date, but not before the exodus event out of Egypt, under Moses! By the way, the religion of Moses was not Judaism. But I will leave that for another topic! Definitely, Jew as an ethnic identity, came after the brother of Joseph, Judah a son of Jacob, who was the son of Isaic, who was the younger son of but never was the only son of Ibrahim! So, since the children of Judah could be identified by their geneology as the Jew, within the 12 tribes of Israel, then there are 5 generation between Ibrahim and the first set of people that could be called Jews, the descendants of Judah, who was a Child of Israel, who was a Child of Isiaq, who was a child of great, great, grandfather Ibrahim!

Allah declared in the Qur'an that Ibrahim was not a Jew and not a Christian, he was a one who negated all kind of associating in worship (Hanifan), who is a muslim (bowing his will in obedience), to One true God! Now, the Muslims say that Ibrahim and his only son Ismail rebuilt the Ka'aba after the flood of Noah. If you disagree, please prove me wrong! Did Ibrahim, who was the father, hence the leader, between the two, since his son was not more than 20 years at best at this time, built this structure to worship any idol? The answer is NO! If you recall, it was the great event of Idol destruction which Ibrahim undertook, that sent him packing out of Iraq! Ibrahim, therefore could not have destroyed many idols and then start worshipping any when he left the idolaters of Ur, Iraq!

Whatever the reason that Ibrahim had in building the Ka'aba, it would never have been for any idol sanctuary or worship! It is Ibrahim who called mankind, under the commandment of Allah The God to Hajj. Up to this time, Allah of Ibrahim was in no way associated with any Idol. Abi Alexis? There was no Idol in Ka'aba of Ibrahim, o sha de ron ti, abi? There is no report also that Ismail worshipped Idol! So any idol in the Ka'aba must have arrived after Ismail. It is save to assume also that he probably instructed his children, who would be in the same level of heritage with Ibrahim as Jacob is, not to worship anything except the God that Ibrahim, he Ismail worshipped. They, the children would have also passed on this injuction down to their own offsprings, just like Jacob did with his own 12 sons (and the daughters which were never mentioned). We see how great the value of women were with the Jews and the Christians. Alexis, oro lo boro wa o. I was not going there, but you just had to force my hands with your scholarly misfiring! We know that in all the generations, between Joseph's glorious presence in Egypt, and the exodus of the Children of Israel out of it, under Moses, would have to be many hundreds of years! We know that there was nothing called Yahweh/Jehovah, etc, up to the time the Bible was reporting that Moses got them to the wilderness, where he was instructed the process of worship, and God revealing His name to them at that time! In the maintime, the branch of Ismail, was blotted out of the history of the descendant of Ibrahiim, but at least they were flourishing, in the desert! Contrary to your statement, there were people in Yemen and Iraq (the home country of Ibrahim, Lut, before the great migration), and in other places. We also noticed that Ibrahim met people in Jerusalem when he arrived there and of course his journey to Egypt, was not a journey to a desolated place!

The introduction, of idol to the Ka'aba was fully reported in the Sunnan/Hadith, Sirah of the prophet and Tafsir of Qur'an. You just have to research it on your own, since you are going to teach us our religion, which you know nothing about! Your finding out that part of preIslamic Arab history will be a good start to enlightening your heart. Ismail branch of Ibrahim's bloodline did not speak the same language as Isiaq branch! But they worship One Supreme God, based on the instruction of Ibrahim alone. What was the name of that God, Alexis? Do you know it? I submit to you that God was called Allah! If you have a proof that I am incorrect, please present it and do not hesitate to do so!

When idol was introduced to ka'aba, it must have been that the true faith in One God which was practiced by the many generation of the Children of Ismail branch of the Ibrahim was eroding until it finally and completely eroded before Muhammad came to be the only Prophet/Messenger raised from this branch. It is just like the case of the Children of Israel, who were saved from the hardship of Pharaoh and Egypt, yet, they built a 'golden calf,' the moment that Moses did not return as quickly, as he used to do before! Yet, these Children of israel witnessed, how God Almighty performed tremendous destructions on Pharaoh and his army, and other nations they encountered in the wilderness. Yet, they were disbelieving, even up to the point that God brought up Jesus son of Mary. And Alexis, how many of them were believers in him and followed his instruction to worship God Almighty? Yet you are comparing them to a people that never had such lavishness of one prophet succeeding another, in so many generations. The process of the 360 idols in Ka'aba alone, not counting other Arab societies, eg Taif, must have started some hundreds of years after Ismail had died!What did the Children of Israel called their golden calf? The same name they were instructed to call God the Almighty! There is no difference in the Children of Israel's idolatory action, even though it was for just a short period of time, because Moses was present among them, and the action of the children of Ismail, which had no single prophet and only ended when Islam became the official religion of the land!

You are right that there was hajj in the preislamic arab. But you did not know that the children of Isiaq used to make this hajj, until idol(s) became permanent in the ka'aba! It has been reported that Prophet Solomon made this hajj, as commanded by God on Ibrahim. This is your second assignment Alexis! Finally, when Islam came to Muhammad, from the first revelation, if Allah was not the proper name of GOD the Almighty, Allah Himself, Who says in Surah Ahzab that He is not shy, would have instructed 'Ruuh Qudus,' who brought revelation to Muhammad for 23 years to change the name, to the peoper name which was not in used by the preIslamic Arabs! But wait, Muhammad went on a night journey known as Isra wa Miraj. In heaven when he spoke directly to his Lord, definitely, he would have instructed to change it to the 'proper name,' if that was not 'Allah!' In all your arguments, it is as if the Arab penisula was a gulf dividing your heart from your soul. They do not agree to the truth that you are seeing! Alexis, ma duro ni ibi yi. If you have anything to say about this, please say it. Let the people of Nairaland make their own 'educated' and disinterested judgement. You as a Yoruba man do not know enough about the history of the Yorubas, yet, you are going to educate the Muslims about the meaning of Allah of Al Islam, connecting it to Allah of preIslam? Ko ye mi o. Bo ya mi o ka nko to ko dara dara ni. Mi o a kuku le ka ede Keferi, ti kiriyo to nso. Mi o le kaa oba me ta ni ikon!

Abeg, ol girl Nwando, you see how Allah brings knowledge to His slave, so that I can slice and dice what Alexis put together with sticks and spit? Tell him that all he wrote was ebonic compared to proper English! Alexis, nice hearing from you again. Laa ilaha Ilallah, Muhammadanr Rasulullah.

Yeah right!, alhaji - this is a simple task, just prove that the Allah of pre-islamic arabia is different from the Allah that muhammed brought. They are the same deities, the mode of worship, the rites, the travelling to mecca and praying 5 times a day was done thousands of years before the advent of muhammed islam.
This cheap attempt of not answering the question doesn't make your statement correct. There are authentic sources (history, text and scrolls) that I can refer you to that pre-islamic arabians used to pray 5 times a day. Again, if they used to do it before the advent of islam and worship Allah, what is the difference between the Allah that they used to pray 5 times a day to and the Allah that you pray 5 times a day to? I expect that you can honestly answer this question.
I never mentioned anything about Ibrahim and he being a pagan or not. Infact I have no clue what you are talking about. I never mentioned anything about muhammed splitting the moon miracle either, where is all this coming from? These are irrelevant to the question at hand. I asked if they pilgrimage to the kaaba that pre-islamic arabians used to go to and worship Allah is different from the pilgrimage that muslims to go now? Which other way can I put the question for you to answer? I dey wait oh!
The last but not the least question - What religion worships every Friday, faces meccah when praying today? An honest and simple answer is all I need, no stories about any miracles or how I don't know anything about islam, I just need a simple answer.
I hand the floor over to you - alhaji

Thank you, thank you Alexis; You've heard Fela's record Jeun Ko ku, where he said,'i never talk finish?' I am going to finish with you by saying that if you have any proof that the daily Salah, Jumu'ah salah and Hajj that the preIslamic Arab perform, is exactly the same that the Muslims of Muhammad perform please bring it to Mankind! For sure, their salah, if there is any will be different, because the Wudu, Ahdan, Iqamah, Quiyan, ruku and sajdah, all in Islamic daily and Jumuah salah, Qur'an came about with the Prophethood of Muhammad, Jumuah is a combination of Qur'an and hadith and salah, Hajj is a combination of Arafah, which is today by the way, other rites and Umrah, which includes the Masjid Al Nawawi, in Madina! Every which way, Alexis, your information will be inadequate! I follow your advise, There is no story here!

I give the floor back to you sir, or any of your associates, in religion, or any non Muslims who has anything tangible to contribute, with honesty and without bold face lies. E pele sir.
Re: God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? by skfa1: 12:20am On Dec 20, 2007
Dont let us deceive ourselves , GOD wey dey heaven na hin be GOD.

At this junction i want to believe that God has a son called Jesus.The reason why i said that is because Jesus face has been appearing around the world even to people in which Allahs face never appeared for once.

The link for the prove

http://www.geckoandfly.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/faceofjesus.jpg

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://signsofwitness.com/jesus_ultrasound.jpg&imgrefurl=http://signsofwitness.com/%3Fm%3D200608&h=350&w=405&sz=20&hl=en&start=54&um=1&tbnid=MIqMikXsG5DjfM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djesus%252Bface%252Bappeared%26start%3D36%26ndsp%3D18%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Burn A Bible? / MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money / MAGNIFICENT: The New RCCG 12 Million Capacity Auditorium (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.