Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? (16189 Views)

Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories / Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? / OPINION POLL: Silent Treatment - Maturity/immaturity? Good OR Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 23, 2012
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 23, 2012
Ok lets hook up,wanna take u on a shopping spree,all expense paid..fix any date.
sanb: i laugh you got a honda suv okay there are women who drive in a sport car like mine which dwarfs yours in monetary value. you are the sort of man that i would take to a boutique and i select a pair of sunglasses for 100k in naira terms and would say oh i left my wallet at home. but that is how much the sunglasses i currently use cost. you got to know that there are ladies out there who are more financially comfortable than you are take it or leave it....
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 23, 2012
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by noblechriss(m): 9:39am On Aug 23, 2012
That hard to get thingy's a Nigerian thing and basically most of the girls that do this end up missing what should be theres'! There's nothing like being yourself and moderating your hard to get attitude! What i expect's first impression from the guy and the attraction at first and just allowing other things flow naturally! (for decent girls though)! Some guys too can be real baddass players! Just trust ur intuition and ur heart to guide you! Peace!
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 23, 2012
What did u take me for?those cheap boifrnd of urs.do u know the car i drive,or my worth?pick any date,and place u like.and i promise dat i'll giv u a first class treatment.making money aint my problem.
sanb: LOL you sure about that don't let me put you in debt. the Wrist watch i wear alone is about 3 million naira you sure you can afford to spend that sort of money on a woman think again before i book the shopping trip.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 23, 2012
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 23, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ITS VERY FUNNY HOW THE SINGLE FRUSTRATED MAMAS CAME UP IN ARMS LIKE A HOARD OF MARAUDING MONGOLS TO ATTACK ANYTHING AND ANYONE SHEDDING LIGHT ON THEIR PLIGHT.
WHAT HAPPENED AUNTIES?! U WASTED UR YOUTH PLAYING 'HARD 2 GET' U 4GOT ABOUT THE TICKING CLOCK HUH? grin grin grin grin
MY ADVICE TO U MAMAS IS TO EMBRACE BUDDHISM THAT WAY YOU'LL HAVE A SHOT AT GETTING IT RIGHT IN THE NEXT LIFE......... THAT IS IF U DONT COME BACK AS A COW, A TREE, OR A ROCK grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 23, 2012
sanb: LOL you sure about that don't let me put you in debt. t[b]he Wrist watch i wear alone is about 3 million naira [/b]you sure you can afford to spend that sort of money on a woman think again before i book the shopping trip.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! YEAH RITE AND I'M THE POPE
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Mcfemad(m): 11:23am On Aug 23, 2012
Hmmm...! Cheap boyfrriends? This is serious!!!
sanb: oh please quite flattering yourself it would'nt get you any where. i don't need to know your worth as i might be worth more than you are and as for the car you drive you just said a honda suv which to me does not cost too much. and i still stand by my ground you might not be able to afford my shoping spree. and as for having a cheap boy friend don't make me laugh at least they are not arrogant like you as i can tell just by your comments without even meeting you in person.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by usermane(m): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2012
Hard to get??, well am a shy guy and not a player. I nvr deceive girls if i don't love them and so it is better a lady is honest with me and respond than causing me to chase her for weeks or month all in the name of finding out if i trully love her.
I don't walk up and ask out a girl who isn't a friend and barely knows me. She has to know me, a bit that i am honest abt my feelings for her and no need for hard 2 get
finaly, a girl isnt cheap to me cos she asked me out or said Yes imediately bt i find her Sweeter and lovelier
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 23, 2012
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 23, 2012
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 23, 2012
Pick a date,let me see how xpensive u are.and pls come with a camera to show NL as a proof,since it al started here.i bliv in action,not word.i bet u that i will surpass ur xpectation..
sanb: oh please quite flattering yourself it would'nt get you any where. i don't need to know your worth as i might be worth more than you are and as for the car you drive you just said a honda suv which to me does not cost too much. and i still stand by my ground you might not be able to afford my shoping spree. and as for having a cheap boy friend don't make me laugh at least they are not arrogant like you as i can tell just by your comments without even meeting you in person.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 23, 2012
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
and what would that achieve
Yomieluv: Pick a date,let me see how xpensive u are.and pls come with a camera to show NL as a proof,since it al started here.i bliv in action,not word.i bet u that i will surpass ur xpectation..
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Laryokeke: 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
Looking at how tall this thread has gotten, it will be a miracle if anyone stumbles into this post of mine but this happens to be an issue i know a thing or two about so, i 'll still proceed to air my view on it-though no one 'll see it.

We are in the 21st century and playing hard to get now is not becoming obsolete; rather, IT HAS BECOME OBSOLETE. Self respecting guys like myself WON'T call a girl that doesn.'t call us, Won't ask a girl to hang out with us if she shows the least sign of unwillingness at the prospect., and we definitely won't ask you to love us twice! The only guys who stoop to such shit are guys who don't think they worth much. Grow up, girls. Its a new millenium!

2 Likes

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
sanb: what are you doubting if i may ask is it that it is too expensive for a lady to wear a watch that cost that much if a lady has worked hard in her life and climbed the corporate ladder i don't think anything is too expensive for her to buy.

Hahahahahaha! Cant blame me. Im just allergic to Bullsh!+ thats all.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
yeh right buddy
Babzilla:

Hahahahahaha! Cant blame me. Im just allergic to Bullsh!+ thats all.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by queensmith: 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2012
I don't buy into any of these principles- I see relationships soo differently. I will lose attraction for any man that seems a slave to pop psychology and since I am quite demanding in my relationships 'playing hard to get' is going to mean sacrificing most of my demands all in the name of game play.

People get married for all sorts of reasons, I'm not sure 20% of even the nigerian women 'bag' their own husbands by playing hard to get. and yes a man can probably be traditional enough to believe a woman is only worthwhile when she plays mind games with him, but this statement itself highlights such a man is a slowpoke and not worth my time.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nuzo1(m): 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
Onyenna: The way you act determines a guy's expections of you.... Playing hard to get might actually increase a guy's expectations of you(cos he sees you as someone who's too decent) and this might backfire... A guy can easily forgive a girl that didn't play hard to get...for me, Girls who give in easily are not necessarily cheap... It simply shows you are mature enough to know what you want... I have never labelled a girl 'CHEAP'...even if a girl approaches me, it means she really likes me cos it ain't easy for a girl to show you how she feels...... Naah my own be that ooooh
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
meaning
Mcfemad: Hmmm...! Cheap boyfrriends? This is serious!!!
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by sashaa(f): 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
I'm grateful for all the replies, thanx to the Mods who got this to the front page.
From all ur sincere comments, it can be deduced that playing hard to get isnt d ish at all. I'm gonna make sure my friends who have been preaching to me get to read this.
Its all so weird to me u know, like why would i lie that am busy when a guy i happen to like asks me out for a date or hang out. Thats petty in my book.
Why shouldnt i pick up my phone to call the dude just to say hi n know how he is faring. I mean its not like am gonna hound him with calls and sms professing my undying love or somthing. Smh.
For me, its be yourself, be nice, be accomodating.

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by ronkebp(f): 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Oh!! So you were the one who made that silly comment . . . . . Well, see . . . you see a Nigerian child here has once again shown yet another one of your argument's full of Shi0t.

P.S. If I were 40, and single, I would be proud cause it takes a Stronger Person to stand on own at that age, don't you think? Now, for a woman to do it, that is even stronger because when Men do it, African societies considers it NORMAL-- it is almost like there is even more respect accorded him for being a man and single at that age and beyond. But in the same Africa (majority of the people with your mindset in that society), when a woman does exactly the same thing, it is not only harder, but she is DEMONIZED, as if she were carrying a curse, or committed a crime. There was a movie made a couple of years ago that highlighted this problem. It was sad but true.

Well, I probably shouldn't expect someone with your brain capacity to know that the significance of all this(especially given the ridiculous comments you have more than once confirmed did come from that case of yours), should I? grin grin grin grin grin

Shut-up!!!! my two lines has given birth to your 9 lines......you are still smoking d/o/p/e? at your age you need to retire and leave the kids to it.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by dowjones(m): 2:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
Emperoh: Enjoying this all!! Nice insights

One thing works for me; i lay my cards on the table if i really dig u
If u are game, we roll else i move on. I got no time to keep reading the epistles over and over again.
I did that as a teenager.

If i want to just lay you, i guess that's where all my mind games come in
I can even do the chasing some teenage stuff.

But if i want you for keeps, i will have already assessed u and then gbam, i tell u what i want.
If u like begin all the i have a BF thing, i am off your case with your first answer. No short-cuts.

GBAM.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
ronkebp:

Shut-up!!!! my two lines has given birth to your 9 lines......you are still smoking d/o/p/e? at your age you need to retire and leave the kids to it.

As usual . . . More insinuations all in a desperate attempt to continue side-stepping the point. So let me see . . . According to you, I am 40, single now I smoke dope . . . WOW . . and this from someone who complained that 9 lines PREDICTING THIS is too much . . . . . If Lying to yourself that I am the enemy and hence needs to be DEMONIZED, go right ahead. . . you really are predictable . . when you grow up, let me know. Till then . . . keep lying to yourself that I am the problem. . . works for me. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by ronkebp(f): 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
Kobojunkie:

As usual . . . More insinuations all in a desperate attempt to continue side-stepping the point. So let me see . . . According to you, I am 40, single now I smoke dope . . . WOW . . and this from someone who complained that 9 lines PREDICTING THIS is too much . . . . . If Lying to yourself that I am the enemy and hence needs to be DEMONIZED, go right ahead. . . you really are predictable . . when you grow up, let me know. Till then . . . keep lying to yourself that I am the problem. . . works for me. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Shut-up, 1 line is to 4.....
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
sashaa: I'm grateful for all the replies, thanx to the Mods who got this to the front page.
From all ur sincere comments, it can be deduced that playing hard to get isnt d ish at all. I'm gonna make sure my friends who have been preaching to me get to read this.
Its all so weird to me u know, like why would i lie that am busy when a guy i happen to like asks me out for a date or hang out. Thats petty in my book.
Why shouldnt i pick up my phone to call the dude just to say hi n know how he is faring. I mean its not like am gonna hound him with calls and sms professing my undying love or somthing. Smh.
For me, its be yourself, be nice, be accomodating.

Like someone said, this current generation of Nigerian men are not made of the same material their fathers were. I say you are wise to choose to continue being yourself. It is what matters more than all the petty things many especially insecure people cling to.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by sashaa(f): 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Like someone said, this current generation of Nigerian men are not made of the same material their fathers were. I say you are wise to choose to continue being yourself. It is what matters more than all the petty things many especially insecure people cling to.
thank you, Kobo
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by deebrain(m): 3:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
With all the work around and all the money to be made and all the dreams to be met, is there still time for a guy to be dragging with a lady playing "hard to get"? Im friendly with ladies naturally and ladies are good friends-really dependable. But if a lady i meet for the first time, shows that unfriendly thing in the name of "hard to get", i simply smile and walk away. Simply put-forget her....
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
deebrain: With all the work around and all the money to be made and all the dreams to be met, is there still time for a guy to be dragging with a lady playing "hard to get"? Im friendly with ladies naturally and ladies are good friends-really dependable. But if a lady i meet for the first time, shows that unfriendly thing in the name of "hard to get", i simply smile and walk away. Simply put-forget her....

Yet many in this generation are no richer, nor more hardworking than the last generation. Ogbeni, try come up with a better excuse next time.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by deebrain(m): 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Yet many in this generation are no richer, nor more hardworking than the last generation. Ogbeni, try come up with a better excuse next time.

Like the excuse that u should also contribute...instead of picking holes in another's contribution.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
deebrain:

Like the excuse that u should also contribute...instead of picking holes in another's contribution.

hm . . . I fail to see how that constitutes an excuse . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Should I Give Her For Monthly Upkeep / America's Hypocrisy-Gay & Incest(american Mom, Son In Love Charged With Incest) / Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.