Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:59 AM

Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? (16326 Views)

Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories / Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? / OPINION POLL: Silent Treatment - Maturity/immaturity? Good OR Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by flexdee(m): 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2012
He who knows the rule of the game ll definitely win, so playing hard to get is not the solution to ur problems but wisdom and always try to be urself at all times.

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by ronkebp(f): 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2012
drnoel:
Oh! then u know very little about men. Cos if a man feels u hurt his ego, he´d do almost anything to get ur ass and when he has u are finished.

Really educate me more!!! wink
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by drnoel: 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
Well for men still in the market playing hard to get can be very irritating. I remember then when I was younger, I suffered so much under the hands of several girls but then while in university and after I started working I learnt to give myself just a 2 weeks deadline for any girl I took interest in. It always worked, cos almost all the silly girls turned around after a while. No one has that time to spend time programming a lady. There are better things to do besides guys know when one lady hold its back several others give it up. Where I used to draw my line while I was single was going after married women or men,..I abhor that and find it irritating when I see it happening.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by phraze(m): 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
duni04:
Very very ridiculous contribution...extreamly ridiculous undecided
i should fine the meaning of that word, 'ridiculous'. Ladies don't look down on me cos i don't knw the meaning o! * Running2dDictionary! *
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by phraze(m): 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
duni04:
Very very ridiculous contribution...extreamly ridiculous undecided
i should fine the meaning of that word, 'ridiculous'. Ladies don't look down on me cos i don't knw the meaning o. Ok just searched it up.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by ronkebp(f): 5:54pm On Aug 22, 2012
drnoel: Well for men still in the market playing hard to get can be very irritating. I remember then when I was younger, I suffered so much under the hands of several girls but then while in university and after I started working I learnt to give myself just a 2 weeks deadline for any girl I took interest in. It always worked, cos almost all the silly girls turned around after a while. No one has that time to spend time programming a lady. There are better things to do besides guys know when one lady hold its back several others give it up. Where I used to draw my line while I was single was going after married women or men,..I abhor that and find it irritating when I see it happening.

yeah....when the lady comes back after two weeks, is because she has liked you from the beginning, you know it is not easy seeing someone you like and just "jumping the gun" immediately. But there are some, that no matter what you do, will not come to you because that "attraction" is not there.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Aug 22, 2012
drnoel:

Its part of the cheap thing they are talking about (not that I am calling u cheap cos I am not), but why wait for him to pay if u don´t feel him. If u don´t feel him pay ur bill and throw away his number. I´ve met men that would take just that one act of letting him pay on that first date give him enough moral to bother ur life even if u keep saying no. Bear in mind must of these guys have side chicks so the cunt is not their problem but that they felt u hurt their ego.

If he took her out, then it is COURTESY that he pay. It should not be on her to pay because she does not like him, or whatever it is you are suggesting. Men who feel that because they pay, they should get something in return are just insecure beings that likely need to be sent back to the school of self-esteem so they can more comfortably separate their ego from their money, and from their expectations of others.
If you do not want to pay, do not invite him or her out. And if you expect to get something in return, then get an ashawo . . . dem plenty for out there. Many will give sex for food.

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by drnoel: 5:58pm On Aug 22, 2012
ronkebp:

Really educate me more!!! wink

Now I don´t know if u are male or female and don´t really care but, I think its something u can only learn the hard way. I can only give u several examples but I´ll just give one here for the sake of space. I once knew a guy that had to borrow a lexus jeep (that was when the car was envogue) just so he could impress a lady that he had been pursuing for years. After a while we had to ask him what his intentions are and he told us in confidence that he needed to collect everything he has spent on her so far, and his only of doing that was to sleep with her. I asked him if its just sleeping with her was why he made all the effort and he said something about if she didn´t want why collect all his gifts till now. Its been a while but I remembered that so vividly. He did get her and never married her. Now thats one example from a million. Don´t get me wrong, men can be nasty so can everyone but women need to be firm when they say no without making the man feel less than he is. Even still there are men that will still try further.

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by drnoel: 6:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
Kobojunkie:

If he took her out, then it is COURTESY to have him pay. It should not be on her to pay because she does not like him, or whatever it is you are suggesting. Men who feel that because they pay, they should get something in return are just insecure beings that likely need to be sent back to the school of self-esteem so they can more comfortably separate their ego from their money, and from their expectations of others.
If you do not want to pay, do not invite him or her out. And if you expect to get something in return, then get an ashawo . . . dem plenty for out there. Many will give sex for food.

whateva but I´ve met men that have that mentality and u´d be shocked hearing their opinion.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
I personally would pay for a date unless she objects to it. It's just what a comfortable man does [should do]...
It means nothing to me.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2012
drnoel:

whateva but I´ve met men have that mentality and u´d be shocked hear their opinion.

Regardless of their opinion, I don't believe stooping down to their level a sensible solution. If you meet such a guy, then call on the cops on him if he demands you give something in return for him paying for lunch or dinner.

And you need to consider that the reason why a lot of these low-lives get away with this is because women ALLOW IT, which is quite unfortunate. Seriously, woman encourage a lot of the disrespect served by the men of today, especially the African men. It is essentially rude for a man to REQUIRE that a woman pay if she is not interested in him.

2 Likes

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by drnoel: 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Regardless of their opinion, I don't believe stooping down to their level a sensible solution. If you meet such a guy, then call on the cops on him if he demands you give something in return for him paying for lunch or dinner.

And you need to consider that the reason why a lot of these low-lives get away with this is because women ALLOW IT, which is quite unfortunate.
yes u are right. i fully agree with u there
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Tocheagle(m): 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
Its so cheap sometimes when girls play hard to get. Most girls who play too hard to get end up with some trash and you wonder why .
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
Three pages on the subject: "Should I give him TOTO"

Una no get work...When moist Toto wey dey find Preek full everywhere na him I go come dey do long thing
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2012
okay now you have clarified as i looked at it from the other way round
karpentar:

how am I greedy? if she's easy for me and hard to others, I wouldn't call her "cheap".
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by 2rutalk1: 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
Playing hard to get neither makes you a saint nor a responsible lady. I hate girls that give me headache even when it is obvious that she is in love with me.

There is this lady that I toasted for almost a year and six months. She could not tell me "no" neither did she accept my advances. Some times I will not call her for like two weeks but she will start sending me "reminding" messages.I later ignored her outrightly because of those childish attitudes of hers. These days she walks around me seeking undue attention but it is over the bar. Never will I dial her number again let alone saying 'hi' to her. She has been deleted and is deleted forever. I prefer ladies that know what they want than acting childishly. If you tell me no in a mature manner I will hold you in a high esteem than deceiving yourself in the name playing hard.

I love mature ladies. And maturity is not by age nor by size but by attitude.

3 Likes

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2012
^^^ Seems someone is still BITTER~~!!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by segzicres(m): 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
Playing hard to get doesn't work dese days......men jus move on n say NEXT!!
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by seedord247(m): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
Kobojunkie: ^^^ Seems someone is still BITTER~~!!!!! grin

And it seems someone above is still single in her late 40's. shocked grin
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
seedord247:

And it seems someone above is still single in her late 40's. shocked grin

um . . . . . sure! By the way, what exactly is wrong with being single and in one's late 40's? Is that, to you, like worse than being young(less than 40), and pathetic ?

2 Likes

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . . . . sure! By the way, what exactly is wrong with being single and in one's late 40's? Is that, to you, like worse than being young(less than 40), and pathetic ?

Kobo, you know I luv you, but that was a rather pathetic attempt at pain deflection. grin
Still luv you though wink
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
2buff:

Kobo, you know I luv you, but that was a rather pathetic attempt at pain deflection. grin
Still luv you though wink

My post has nothing to do with "pain deflection"? I don't think people who are in their late 40's and single should feel any pain or shame. If that is the path God has for them, who am I to judge or decide that a pain? Let them be the ones to decide that on their own and let that be between them and their God.

I was simply asking a question of a supposedly young person who presumes that throwing people who are in their late 40's and still single, under the bus makes him a letter pathetic person for the comment her made there. One has to wonder what woman raised that one to believe such.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Esejames(f): 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
Dis days guys in love r usually jealous, so wat am saying is dat most guys easily mistake being kind 4 being cheap n so they tend 2 feel dat acting kind n polite towards guys means welcoming them into ur life
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by chikeorji123(m): 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2012
ronkebp: Do not get that 'play hard to get twisted oooo'....some lady thinks is telling a guy off, immediately he winks or says hi, you see some ladies eyeing the guy or hissing, some wear this big frown on their faces.

In my own view..it is not getting easily laid....majority of the guys, come to you for one thing, "to get laid" once they are done, they are off, to the next available chic...I had a friend who was always so easily laid and easily dumped....she would call me the next morning, " Ronke, it has happened again oo,the guy has dumped me again" my question would always be, "did you sleep with him"? we know what the answer would be.

There is nothing wrong in going on couple of dates in an open place where the guy in question will not grab and r/a/p/e you, there is nothing wrong in being polite and approachable. You just have to have class and love yourself...not with unnecessary pride and ego....wink wink you will be surprised the type of men, you will be attracting.

Everyone woman has and owns the keys to her legs....

Wow l"m impress this coming from a lady
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by mapet: 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
I quite agree with you..
stillwater:

Never date someone with that at the back of your mind. Do you. The men these days are a far-cry from our fathers. Work at your own pace. If you don't like being rushed, please don't rush yourself. If you are the type that is quite decisive when propositioned, by all means say yes. You are an adult, make decisions for yourself and not what society dictates or what your friends would say.

But if the girl's aim is just to play hard to get, I think she's lost the plot.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Jusome: 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
i was attracted to girl n when i told her am attracted to her and hence intrested in her she tod me in a face to face discusion 'NO WAHALA' on coming to online she to me dat her no wahala z my own idea dat she z not interested in me...it was funny cos she liks mi..weda she z playn hard to get or not d fact z i lost interest in her also...so i dnt hv time to chase a girl...if a girl says no her no z no..if yes 2moro z a conditn dat push her to chnge mind...mayb d 1 she dey eye disappts her...so i dnt belief in chasing a girl all we need is som1 who u tell i like u n she likes u to whn love grow on this mutual attraction it bcoms true love...not chasing to win a trophy!
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by chikeorji123(m): 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
sanb: then you are a greedy man

cheesy cheesy oh come-on dear will u tolerate it if l'm easy to other babes and hard on u
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Onyenna(m): 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2012
The way you act determines a guy's expections of you.... Playing hard to get might actually increase a guy's expectations of you(cos he sees you as someone who's too decent) and this might backfire... A guy can easily forgive a girl that didn't play hard to get...for me, Girls who give in easily are not necessarily cheap... It simply shows you are mature enough to know what you want... I have never labelled a girl 'CHEAP'...even if a girl approaches me, it means she really likes me cos it ain't easy for a girl to show you how she feels...... Naah my own be that ooooh

2 Likes

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by solelymade: 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2012
Wen i try to date a familar friend and she plays mad to get abegi me i free am instantantly. But 4 some1 i met recently and play hard to get then ori loma pa orun i fit spend 20 yrs waitin 4 yes.
Mrjaybrown nice submission
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Aug 22, 2012
Onyenna: The way you act determines a guy's expections of you.... Playing hard to get might actually increase a guy's expectations of you(cos he sees you as someone who's too decent) and this might backfire... A guy can easily forgive a girl that didn't play hard to get...for me, Girls who give in easily are not necessarily cheap... It simply shows you are mature enough to know what you want... I have never labelled a girl 'CHEAP'...even if a girl approaches me, it means she really likes me cos it ain't easy for a girl to show you how she feels...... Naah my own be that ooooh

A Guy's expectations of you? WoW . . . so if a girl acts rich, what? the guy expects her to be rich and so the girl has to be rich? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by slightlyMad(f): 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
playing hard to get it sweet, on average i meet 50 girls weekly, record breakthrough with like 12 (when with friends, the breakthrough is always higher), delete 10 numbers from my fone weekly
and fucck the balance.

well i have a stable girlfriend also, when am tired i'll dump her.

you know why that girl is my GF?
because she gave me headache while wooing her, there is this thing that make hard to get babes look special
so i decided to keep her until she looses the "specialty".
I am in no way going to marry a babe i never intend to marry at first sight.
her playing extremely hard qualified her for the ultimate heartbreak.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
slightlyMad: playing hard to get it sweet, on average i meet 50 girls weekly, record breakthrough with like 12 (when with friends, the breakthrough is always higher), delete 10 numbers from my fone weekly
and fucck the balance.

well i have a stable girlfriend also, when am tired i'll dump her.

you know why that girl is my GF?
because she gave me headache while wooing her, there is this thing that make hard to get babes look special
so i decided to keep her until she looses the "specialty".
I am in no way going to marry a babe i never intend to marry at first sight.
her playing extremely hard qualified her for the ultimate heartbreak.

And this caused me to remember that only a couple of days ago, someone tried to LIE to us that Boys in Africa don't think sex at all. That only kids raised in the West think Sex everytime of the day. This Nigerian raised boy/child here says he averages 50 girls a week . . . . what for? What for? So he could brush their hair?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Correct Your Spouse? / Share Your Funny Childhood Behavior / My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.