Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal (13419 Views)

Robin Van-Persie Is Off To Manchester United / Robin Van Persie Named PFA Player Of The Year / Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by asidere(m): 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
I support RVP,he has to go to another club.in life one has to effect a change in one's life.i prefer he goes to real madrid where he can win trophies.arsenal can do without him so arsenal fans accept change 4 ones
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by 1025: 7:43am On Jul 06, 2012
Just because RvP is ready to LovePeddler himself for the money doesn’t mean AFC has to. Just tell him now. No sale to City. You have two weeks to find a club abroad able to meet our valuation of 25million or whatever it is. If you can’t that isn’t our problem. After that window, preseason starts and we will not entertain an offer from anyone and you will prepare for our season. At the end of it you can re-sign or go as a free agent. Hope you have a good year or no one will be in the market. Source

@herclus,
did u say ur valuation is 25 mil? you must be from the moon. the highest bidder so far is juve and it is 8 mil. he is one year short of free agent and arsenal will loose all. every club in europe now knows how wenger plays his games and he bought two players as replacement for RVP so if he doesn't leave, the club will be paying above their budget and how else do u think ur club will post their usual profits?

Alisher Usmanov criticises Arsenal board over 'lack of investment'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18722962
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 06, 2012
asidere: I support RVP,he has to go to another club.in life one has to effect a change in one's life.i prefer he goes to real madrid where he can win trophies.arsenal can do without him so arsenal fans accept change 4 ones
spot on, i think Arsenal can't match his current Ambitions he has to move on beside Arsenal fc is not his father business.
Some Arsenal fans will start calling him traitors
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by dotcomnamename: 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2012
Demdem:

u simply cant even mention one single trophy the gunners are targeting as requested next season and u simply went offensive. is this how ur brain work by default?

Hail The FOOL OF THE YEAR 2012. grin grin grin
Silly cow
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Demdem(m): 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Hail The FOOL OF THE YEAR 2012. grin grin grin
Silly cow

Demdem:

u simply cant even mention one single trophy the gunners are targeting as requested next season and u simply went offensive. is this how ur brain work by default?
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by dotcomnamename: 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
Demdem:

Hail The FOOL OF THE YEAR 2012.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Silly cow
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Demdem(m): 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2012
^^^^

Demdem:

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by dotcomnamename: 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
Demdem: ^^^^

U dey fear? grin grin
Why did u adjust it?
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by dotcomnamename: 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
For most of Robin van Persie's eight years at Arsenal, success has stayed frustratingly out of reach.

The team has looked poised for glory, only to lose key players and take a step backwards.

At 29, time is not Van Persie's friend and his desire to win at the club - cited in his statement on Wednesday - is completely understandable.

He has not submitted a transfer request, nor has he gone on a three-month golf break in Argentina. He has merely stated that he will not renew his contract, which is entirely his right.

But what does he hope to achieve by leaving? Win trophies, he says.

Of course, it is entirely possible that 'trophies' is a byword for 'money'.

The teams that win things also pay the most. So why not say you're motivated by silverware, and if there happens to be a £250,000-a-week contract in it - well, that's just a nice perk.

I don't know what's going on in Van Persie's head, and you'd be an idiot to say money plays no part at all - but I believe he is motivated primarily by a genuine desire to put some pots on his mantelpiece before he retires.

Winning offers validation; 'proof' that you can perform when it matters.

We confuse players with the teams they represent. Van Persie could be remembered in the same way as his Arsenal team - exciting and talented, but falling some way short of true greatness.

Somehow, playing for a successful team - in any capacity - insulates you from criticism.

Look at the way we mock Alan Shearer, who lifted just a single trophy in his brilliant career.

He rejected Manchester United, preferring instead to join his hometown club with whom he won nothing.

Shearer is one of the greatest players of his generation (of any nationality), yet there is a large consituency of people who will remember him as the guy who turned down a decade of baubles.

During Euro 2012, when he rather unwisely said Mario Balotelli had "done nothing in the game yet", critics gleefully pointed out the Italian's eight major honours including a Champions League, a Premier League and three Serie A titles.

Shearer's criticism was clumsy - but not entirely wrong.

Success should be measured by more than trophies. Has Balotelli performed consistently over a sustained period? Has he proven himself a good team-mate? Has he refrained from letting himself and his colleagues down? Clearly not.

That was Shearer's point. And being a truculent, mercurial presence for successful teams does not make Balotelli better than Shearer, however many open-top bus parades he has been on.

What if Shearer had joined Manchester United instead of, say, Andy Cole?

He would have won things, for sure. But they won things anyway. Shearer's impact at Old Trafford could never compare with his importance to Newcastle, where he is still revered.

This European trophy-worship is not shared across the pond, where a different attitude prevails.

Americans would lionise Shearer for his loyalty and consistency - they would judge him on his extraordinary ability and not the number of championships. Nobody judges Peyton Manning's time as Indiananpolis Colts quarterback a failure because he won 'only' one Super Bowl in 13 years.

Two years ago, when NBA star LeBron James left Cleveland for Miami, he was widely criticised.

Not just for abandoning an historically ill-starred team, but for shunning his responsibilities as a top player.

If he had won a title at Cleveland - and he came close - it would have been his team, his triumph.

Instead he went to play with fellow stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh - it was considered a cop-out, a betrayal of his duty to prove himself.

He was meant to be a leader, and instead he took the easy option.

That is how I will feel if Van Persie joins Manchester City (current 1/2 favourites to sign him at the time of writing).

Yes, he'll win, but how much satisfaction will he be able to take? City are already Premier League champions. And they will almost certainly be champions again, with or without him.

Would Van Persie make City better? Yes, a little bit.

But he will not be the captain, he will not be a leader, he will not be the man his team-mates, manager and supporters rely on to carry the load.

He will be just another part of an ensemble - like Samir Nasri at City, or Cesc Fabregas at Barcelona.

Where's the glory in that?
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Demdem(m): 9:20am On Jul 09, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

U dey fear? grin grin
Why did u adjust it?

Demdem:

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by dotcomnamename: 9:23am On Jul 09, 2012
Demdem:

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Demdem(m): 9:48am On Jul 09, 2012
^^^^

Demdem:

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by dotcomnamename: 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2012
Demdem: ^^^^

Have this brain 4u grin

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by 1025: 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2012
@dotcom,
if u ask me, i will say u need that brain more than anyone around here. do u know that it takes brainless ppl like u to dash others brain. jonathan is busy running around africa searching for peace for mali while his own country is on fire. you are like jonathan giving out what you don't have.
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by dotcomnamename: 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
1025: @dotcom,
if u ask me, i will say u need that brain more than anyone around here. do u know that it takes brainless ppl like u to dash others brain. jonathan is busy running around africa searching for peace for mali while his own country is on fire. you are like jonathan giving out what you don't have.

This is where people like u pick up problems from one place to another and end up with inherited problem. After then u go say na your grandma dey do u from village. Devil go sitdown his own una go light candle dey find trouble up and down. Did i mention your name or did u see 1025 in my reply to any thread here?
What is your problem? Person say he no dey do burrial, u went on and rent chair say he must do the burrial.. Wetin be ur own. or abi afishe ni? Dem dey do u from kogi state? Get a life and stop visiting houses u're not invited to. Mumu. Oyeonchi.. oyenara.... grin grin
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by 1025: 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2012
This is where people like u pick up problems from one place to another and end up with inherited problem. After then u go say na your grandma dey do u from village. Devil go sitdown his own una go light candle dey find trouble up and down. Did i mention your name or did u see 1025 in my reply to any thread here?
What is your problem? Person say he no dey do burrial, u went on and rent chair say he must do the burrial.. Wetin be ur own. or abi afishe ni? Dem dey do u from kogi state? Get a life and stop visiting houses u're not invited to. Mumu. Oyeonchi.. oyenara....

@dotcom,
u are used to inherited problems and so they shall remain with u. i am not surprised that you type these things. i know that since u could give out ur brain and continue living without brain,well go ahead and live a brainless life.
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Demdem(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Have this brain 4u grin

Demdem:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brighton And Hove Albion Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 16th December 2018 / Chelsea V Brighton (0 - 0) On 20th April 2021 / Middlesbrough Vs Chelsea FA Cup (1 - 0) On 9th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.