Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,021 members, 7,828,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? (2617 Views)

How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval / This Photo Of Buhari Went Viral This Week On Fb And Twitter[photo] / Ambode, Wike, Elrufai Leads In ANAP Opinion Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Mandelaguy(m): 4:21pm On Jul 05, 2012
Yes,he did his work,but his corruption dwarfed his achievements. He has no right to talk where upstanding men are. Like I said before,his dossier is right beside me.
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by hakanai(m): 4:42pm On Jul 05, 2012
amdy08: @haka_nai in as much as u r entitle to your own opinion, I respect that fact but u hav to b factual also when u say certain things... Are u aware that during el rufia's tenure, he forcefully evicted 800,000 ( confirmed) residents using a myth he created about Abuja master plan to convince people that the plan justified and necessitated the systematic violation of housing rights of hundreds of thousands of people so that Abuja would not become 'another Lagos' . The use of tear gas, beating and other methods of violence were use to carry out this evictions, without allowing people retrieve properties from their homes, is this fair? Tell me...mayb u just want to b economical with the truth.... in as much as I believe in beauty and ambience, I'm against dehumanization which d "el-ruffian" administration in FCT represented. The inhuman ways thru which he carried out d eviction of people from their homes without even giving them a chance to pack their belongings makes my heart bleed. I begin to wonder why he now comes out on twitter, etc to present himself as a "sanctimonious holy impeccable innocentia". The side effects of his atrocities must surely continue to haunt him wherever he goes, AMEN

Murphy T: [b][color=#990000][color=#990000]
@haka_nai in as much as u r entitle to your own opinion, I respect that fact but u hav to b factual also when u say certain things... Are u aware that during el rufia's tenure, he forcefully evicted 800,000 ( confirmed) residents using a myth he created about Abuja master plan to convince people that the plan justified and necessitated the systematic violation of housing rights of hundreds of thousands of people so that Abuja would not become 'another Lagos' . The use of tear gas, beating and other methods of violence were use to carry out this evictions, without allowing people retrieve properties from their homes, is this fair? Tell me...mayb u just want to b economical with the truth....

You can say that and its sad to know people suffer.Were this people aware and did they do the right thing.Shall we reward disobedience?I know of certain places demolished,the people given prior notice and are aware of such deadlines.That is enough time to challenge this revocation or eviction,even in court and why have they not done any of that? simple they know that without doubt there case had no merits and they know that there foundation was built on drainage,green areas,not in accordance with the layouts(blue prints) etc.
Don't dismiss the blue print, because without it you have a city like Kano or Ibadan or Some parts of Lagos lacking planning.Where roads are not wide enough or some public utilities can not be deployed in the future without compensating people/relocating people.I know that cause even my uncle was affected and my uncle knows that he is wrong.Around zone 4 the people there knew there agreement and lease period with FCDA.When FCDA said your time is up people started making issues.All there hopes were that FCT over look the past and move on to start all over.
So here is the question,Were the houses destroyed Illegally?If yes how come all the right activist have kept mute considering the figure (800,000)?Its simple they know an overwhelming number of this persons are illegally erecting properties.
The AGIS program was stalled before El-rufai got there, simply because people were guilty there properties were illegally developed.Knowing that it would expose them.People kept paying FCDA staff to hide this properties from government eyes.Corruption was the norm in FCDA and today as i tell you is even grown again.Structures are beginning to spring up and things are simply becoming chaotic.
Someday we may just start yapping that we need a Fashola to stop what has being done.since Nigerians never want to understand or always prefer to disregard or bend the rules of the land undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by FJCRUISER: 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
abes: 30-Laptop squad. Not hard to detect.
Na ya papa be 30-man laptop squad!Thats why ya life can never be better!U people lik celebrating evil.Infact, dont worry,it will soon be you and ya family's turn!Balderdash!Its only in Nija dat thieves are celebrated and stil show their face 4 public o!Na peolple lik u i blame sha and not dis useless daylight robbers!El-Rufai is a THIEF!Simple!
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by omosexy1: 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2012
He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. If your land was obtained legally and you have all prove go to court else please keep quiet. That man did what nobody had the balls to do in this country. Nigeria need such kind of man to return sanity to this stupid country.
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by bubadaniel13: 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
[quote
author=jamace]This thread smells like that belonging to a member of the
"30 laptops in Abuja". This is because most of the contributions smell
like that of the union of "30 laptops in Abuja". Abeg, make i TAKE
COVER. grin.[/quote] So u think everyone is like u abi?u want to tell me that people cannot express their views,and grievances anymore,what is laptop for God's sakes?El-rufai should keep quiet and clear his name,abusing government will not change anything,let him suggest the way forward rather than shamelessly critizing govt he was part of.
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by abes(m): 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2012
FJCRUISER:
Na ya papa be 30-man laptop squad!Thats why ya life can never be better!U people lik celebrating evil.Infact, dont worry,it will soon be you and ya family's turn!Balderdash!Its only in Nija dat thieves are celebrated and stil show their face 4 public o!Na peolple lik u i blame sha and not dis useless daylight robbers!El-Rufai is a THIEF!Simple!

30-Laptop Squad. grin grin grin Replying you guys is a waste of time. Keep it up.
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Eziachi: 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2012
princenayo: I wonder why people like El_rufai should still be walking around the street of Abuja after inflicting such pains to Innocent Nigerians.
I don't consider demolishing a house you chose to build on top of a city's sewage system as inflicting pain. Its a self inflicted pain buying the and acquiring the plot illegally to start with and thinking once its built upon, that is the end of it.
That is the problem of Nigerians and their wolf cry against corruption, they seem to hate action that will stop corruption.
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Boeing412: 6:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
By their comments we shall know them.Iv gone through so many comments that its obvious this is WAR between the "HAVE" and "HAVE NOT"...its so obvious many of this commentators supporting such an unjust man are AGENTS of EL-RUFAI and so there is rili no need 4 me to bicker with people who hav collected N1k each!Cheap political prostitutes!
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Delafruita(m): 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
amdy08: Delafruita,ur name sounds like dt of thiefrufai,am not surprised.wen I saw omans post,I knew his disciples Will show up.u need 2 beg Nigerians 4 4gvness.u r a traitor 4 allingning wt d beast(el rufai).dnt wori,I promise u Wil go down wt rufai if u dnt retrace ur steps on time.use ur head!
lmao.fashola has demolished more houses than elrufai ever did,mimiko did same,orji is an epert and obi is in the top heirachy.i dont hear people demonising them.perhaps you fail to realise that the FCT minister is technically the governor of the FCT.its his duty to develop and make the place better.elrufai decided to stick to the abuja masterplan,whats so wrong in that?perhaps he could have done things a bit more humanely and perhaps he could have decided to compensate people despite their apartments not conforming to the masterplan but he decided not to.its not a crime not to be humane in the line of duty
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Delafruita(m): 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2012
Boeing412: By their comments we shall know them.Iv gone through so many comments that its obvious this is WAR between the "HAVE" and "HAVE NOT"...its so obvious many of this commentators supporting such an unjust man are AGENTS of EL-RUFAI and so there is rili no need 4 me to bicker with people who hav collected N1k each!Cheap political prostitutes!
by their i.diotic comments we shall know them.i have never met elrufai and we dont belong to the same political party.however,i admire men who are willing to take a bad name in the course of doing a good job.whether you agree or not,abuja was dramatically turned around by elrufai,he decided to go back to the original masterplan and to remove all "illegal" structures.is it elrufai's fault that a person doesnt do proper investigation before buying a land?is it his fault that people dont ensure that the land they purchase is not under government acquisition?is it his fault that the masterplan of abuja is the way it is?
people just blab incoherrent gibberish and feel so proud of themselves for having made i.diotic comments.because morons like you collect 200naira and one congo of rice to sell your vote doesnt mean everyone is like you.i am certain you belong to the "i voted jonathan and not pdp clique".ignorant buffoon
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Delafruita(m): 10:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
bubadaniel13: So u think everyone is like u abi?u want to tell me that people cannot express their views,and grievances anymore,what is laptop for God's sakes?El-rufai should keep quiet and clear his name,abusing government will not change anything,let him suggest the way forward rather than shamelessly critizing govt he was part of.
is it now elrufai that is to clear his name?i thought it was the job of the attorney general to try to prove elrufai guilty.lest i forget,you do know he is innocent until proven guilty.
elrufai has never been part of the retardeen's administration just as he wasnt part of yaradua's administration
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Alxmyr(m): 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2012
Genius100: Isn't it funny? El Rufai destroyed houses that were illegally built, yet people are denigrating him. These are the same people that will be complaining about corruption in Nigeria and how things do not work in Nigeria. Looking at the number of mo-rons on this thread insultng El Rufai, it's obvious things won't get much better in Nigeria anytime soon

That is not true reflection of what happened.
He demolished those houses and re-allocated them to briefcase developers.
If you live in Abuja you will know how terrible it is. You see vast and empty land allocated to briefcase developers, who are now selling the same for hundreds of million naira.
He is simply anti-people.
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Alxmyr(m): 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
Eziachi:
I don't consider demolishing a house you chose to build on top of a city's sewage system as inflicting pain. Its a self inflicted pain buying the and acquiring the plot illegally to start with and thinking once its built upon, that is the end of it.
That is the problem of Nigerians and their wolf cry against corruption, they seem to hate action that will stop corruption.

Were all the houses he demolished along Airport Road on sewage system?
Why were these lands re-allocated to brief case developers who are today selling them for hundreds of million if they were on sewages?
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Alxmyr(m): 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2012
I posted this the day I received the news of the death of one of the victims of the wicked acts of Mallam El-Rufai.
It was a sad story for me and I pray that during his lifetime, Mallam El Rufai live to get rewards of his wickedness.

I received the news of the death of my former neighbour with great grief. Her story, like many others was a reminder of the effects of tyranny, wickedness and callous action of the former Minister of FCT, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai.
A Chartered Accountant and her husband, a lawyer and businessman found fortune in Abuja and went ahead to build a business empire comprising of hotel and residential estate, though with loan from other sources.
Then came Mallam El-Rufai. He revoked the land and withdrew the C of O of the properties. Despite a court injunction restraining the Minister, he went ahead to pull down the houses and the hotels.
Her husband could not survive the cripple effect of this callous action, he died of heart attack shortly afterwards.
Faced with the challenges of being widowed, paying family debt and raise two children, her health started failing. She became bedridden in March 2011. And give up the ghost on Friday 24th Feb., 2012.
Leaving two children with neither parents, no inheritance and uncertain tomorrow.
Sadly enough, the said property has since been re-allocated to a briefcase estate developer who could not afford to put a block on the property.

https://www.nairaland.com/880581/effect-mallam-nasir-el-rufais-wicked
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Genius100: 12:00am On Jul 06, 2012
Alxmyr:

That is not true reflection of what happened.
He demolished those houses and re-allocated them to briefcase developers.
If you live in Abuja you will know how terrible it is. You see vast and empty land allocated to briefcase developers, who are now selling the same for hundreds of million naira.
He is simply anti-people.

Where is your proof? He destroyed houses that were illegally built or confiscated property that were fraudulently bought or not developed per the FCT policy. El Rufai's only supposed wrong doing is that he allocated land to his wife for purchase as if his wife is not a Nigerian citizen that qualifies for land allocation. Like someone said, Nigerians cry about corruption but when someone does something about it, they start cursing the person.

People were cursing Ribadu on these very pages a few years ago now they are crying about corruption..
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Eziachi: 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
Alxmyr:

Were all the houses he demolished along Airport Road on sewage system?
Why were these lands re-allocated to brief case developers who are today selling them for hundreds of million if they were on sewages?
I don't know the answer to your question as I don't live in Abuja, my comment is based on what I saw/heard El Rufai told the committee investigating his job as Abuja minister, why he demolished the houses.
And one the reasons he gave them was that some of the houses were built on top of the city's sewage system or some bought their land from fraudulent owners without investigating first if the seller is genuine and the land had to be returned to the rightful owners. If you have evidence to the contrary, then do something about it, not accusation based on rumours or just because you don't like him as a person or he is another northerner, a southerner must not like, Nigeria normal way of life.

If you think he demolished your house wrongly, go to court and seek redress, especially now he is no the flavour of the month around the establishment's corridors, you have a good chance for recompense.
Write petition to your representatives in both state and national level ands seek their help, that is why they are earning their salaries, to help you in times of need., not making baseless accusation about selling the land to other developers as Nigerians thrive in rumours.
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Eziachi: 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
Alxmyr: I posted this the day I received the news of the death of one of the victims of the wicked acts of Mallam El-Rufai.
It was a sad story for me and I pray that during his lifetime, Mallam El Rufai live to get rewards of his wickedness.

I received the news of the death of my former neighbour with great grief. Her story, like many others was a reminder of the effects of tyranny, wickedness and callous action of the former Minister of FCT, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai.
A Chartered Accountant and her husband, a lawyer and businessman found fortune in Abuja and went ahead to build a business empire comprising of hotel and residential estate, though with loan from other sources.
Then came Mallam El-Rufai. He revoked the land and withdrew the C of O of the properties. Despite a court injunction restraining the Minister, he went ahead to pull down the houses and the hotels.
Her husband could not survive the cripple effect of this callous action, he died of heart attack shortly afterwards.
Faced with the challenges of being widowed, paying family debt and raise two children, her health started failing. She became bedridden in March 2011. And give up the ghost on Friday 24th Feb., 2012.
Leaving two children with neither parents, no inheritance and uncertain tomorrow.
Sadly enough, the said property has since been re-allocated to a briefcase estate developer who could not afford to put a block on the property.

https://www.nairaland.com/880581/effect-mallam-nasir-el-rufais-wicked
Pray all you like. El Rufai did his job as the minister for Abuja and not private El Rufai. If he went beyond the mandate of his responsibilty and did your friend wrong, he should pursue the ministry of Abuja as the ministry is still in existence and that is the way its done in many democracies. Instead of invoking your god for revenge that will never happen.

I am not saying that you are wrong or your friend wasn't, but one thing is sure about Nigerians, they hate doing things by the book, always cutting corners, even when its free, because they believe that if the worse comes to worst. they will throw bribe money at it and it will go away. But in this case most of them got El Rufai wrong as he was determine not to play ball, no matter what his motivation in doing so is.

But the points is, if your house was demolished, did you do everything according to the rule? I am not interested why he did it. You should never give your enemy a rope as present, as he will use it to hang you if the opprtunity arises.
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Elueme: 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
It beats me hollow that this same man has the effrontery to comment in criticisms every activity of government led by GEJ... El Rufai in his imaginative thought had positioned himself as Obj's successor, had written Bihari off as a religious extremist who was perpetually unelectable, he has said Obj was the best thing to happen to Africa not Nigeria only... He became power drunk and impoverished thousands of Nigerians with ripple effects.. He confiscated so many lands, gave them out as gift for his friends, well wishers and concubines alike..... If I may ask hell Rufai why has your testimonies on Obj and Buhari changed? Because your wishful thinking was not granted you, Obj and PDP are the evil bedeviling the nation... Pls mr hell Rufai, it will serve your interest well to keep mute on national events so Nigerians can forget your atrocities in a Gifffy cos we forget so easily but the THE MORE YOU CRITICIZE ANYBODY THE MORE YOU ATTRACT SYMPATHY AND SUPPORT FOR SAME COS WE KNOW THE DEVIL CANNOT REPENT, SO STOP ACTING HOLIER THAN POPE
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Eziachi: 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2012
Elueme: It beats me hollow that this same man has the effrontery to comment in criticisms every activity of government led by GEJ... El Rufai in his imaginative thought had positioned himself as Obj's successor, had written Bihari off as a religious extremist who was perpetually unelectable, he has said Obj was the best thing to happen to Africa not Nigeria only... He became power drunk and impoverished thousands of Nigerians with ripple effects.. He confiscated so many lands, gave them out as gift for his friends, well wishers and concubines alike..... If I may ask hell Rufai why has your testimonies on Obj and Buhari changed? Because your wishful thinking was not granted you, Obj and PDP are the evil bedeviling the nation... Pls mr hell Rufai, it will serve your interest well to keep mute on national events so Nigerians can forget your atrocities in a Gifffy cos we forget so easily but the THE MORE YOU CRITICIZE ANYBODY THE MORE YOU ATTRACT SYMPATHY AND SUPPORT FOR SAME COS WE KNOW THE DEVIL CANNOT REPENT, SO STOP ACTING HOLIER THAN POPE
It shouldn't beat you, unless you were born last night.
They are politicians, especially the breed that is not ideological driven. Because he called Buhari names while serving OBJ can hardly be a surprise. Vuhari then, a threat to his posh job, what do you expect?
That is what politicians do and that should not diminish his opinion of what is happening today, especially having been an insider himself more than you and I.
Even in the much more developed democracies where politicians are ideological driven or still had some measure of integrity, they often say harsh things against their opponents in the heat of the moment, they will later embrace and work with the same person.

Hillary Clinton won't be holding the highest office in the Obama's admin today if we are to go and dig out what she said about him during their primary campaign within the democratic ticket, because that is politics.

You guys should leave politics for the professional politicians like GEJ, EL Rufai and co, because that is their means of living and try and say things as you see it, unless you are one of them.
Don't dislike someone just based on the fact that he disagrees with your politician idol of the moment, because tomorrow, they may find themselves in the same basket.
And where would that leave you? And where did you get this as a fact that he positioned himself to succeed Obasanjo?

1 Like

Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
Stallion77: Something tells me he even contributed to the high rate of crime sef....he should be hiding in a hole sef...Kai!

What high rate of crime did he contribute to?
This is a man that, even with all his shortcomings, helped make Abuja that you know today, the livable and comfortable area in this nation that it is.

What high rate of crime are you rambling about? Is he/was he ever in change of the Nigerian Police Force? Get yourself some knowledge -- you are online. Do some research. Google is here to help you. There is absolutely no need for the ignorant vomits. Gosh!!!
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2012
Eziachi:
Pray all you like. El Rufai did his job as the minister for Abuja and not private El Rufai. If he went beyond the mandate of his responsibilty and did your friend wrong, he should pursue the ministry of Abuja as the ministry is still in existence and that is the way its done in many democracies. Instead of invoking your god for revenge that will never happen.

I am not saying that you are wrong or your friend wasn't, but one thing is sure about Nigerians, they hate doing things by the book, always cutting corners, even when its free, because they believe that if the worse comes to worst. they will throw bribe money at it and it will go away. But in this case most of them got El Rufai wrong as he was determine not to play ball, no matter what his motivation in doing so is.

But the points is, if your house was demolished, did you do everything according to the rule? I am not interested why he did it. You should never give your enemy a rope as present, as he will use it to hang you if the opprtunity arises.

Thank God for common sense!
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2012
Stallion77: Something tells me he even contributed to the high rate of crime sef....he should be hiding in a hole sef...Kai!
including posing as some righteous self-styled man of the masses.
What I find surprising is the fact that some people actually take this guy seriously. In saner climes, he'll be answering for crimes commited while in government to acts of dictatorship and nepotism.
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Zutchy: 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2012
careytommy: including posing as some righteous self-styled man of the masses.
What I find surprising is the fact that some people actually take this guy seriously. In saner climes, he'll be answering for crimes commited while in government to acts of dictatorship and nepotism.
Please add corruption to that list.
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Reptyle(m): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2012
Delafruita:
na only for naija,men go do their job astutely and receive condemnation.
na only for naija,person go siddon inside him room and convict person of crime

Co-signed!!!

C'mon guys!!! El-Rufai can be a cocky bastard sometimes. But lets face it...he did his job as Minister of a territory that was fast becoming another jungle like Lagos. He may have been high-handed in certain instances but largely, he took on a challenge that no other person had the guts to. The rich and wealthy were as affected by the demolition as were the poor and downtrodden.
Re: Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? by Reptyle(m): 7:16am On Jul 10, 2012
Zutchy: Please add corruption to that list.

Years of prosecution and none of those charges have stuck. El-Rufai has made himself available for every court appearance while the prosecution has stalled and continually caused the case to receive adjournment after adjournment...what does that tell you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is No One Talking More About Ebola In Nigeria? / Interview With Yemi Osinbajo On Channels Today At 8PM / Washington DC Airport Roof Leaking Water- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.