Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims (8753 Views)

Buhari Seeks Approval To Pay N413b Subsidy Claims / APC Sets Up Committee To Monitor Buhari’s Compliance With Manifesto / Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by superior1: 7:21pm On Jul 06, 2012
dedeike: you're just restating what the govt is doing. Those indicted at the pension scam probe have been arraigned in court. They are already facing criminal charges for siphoning 126 billion pension funds. It's as a result of the bold step by Jonathan to institute a task force for pensions. The Fg has reaffirmed its resolve to prosecute those indicted in the AIG PROBE hence the need to do a proper review. Secondly, another mistake people make is to assume that those indicted will be sent directly to jail. It's not so. The law must take its full course and the process of litigation is usually very lengthy. Besides, the culprits usually have the resources to engage the best lawyers in the land to defend their case. When the defence team secures bail for the accused perspn's, people assume that the case has ended as it fades away from public consciousness. It takes special commitment to follow up those proceedings to its logical conclusion. Much as we admit that our judicial process is slow, but the technicalities of the law could be exploited by the defence team to enlongate a case to their advantage. Even in more advanced countries, this is the case. We would recall that our own Mutallab was just convicted this year in US almost 2 yrs after he tried to bomb the US plane.

Laptop No 15, how u dey?
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by Beaf: 7:31pm On Jul 06, 2012
I am surprised that there are actually people being id!ots over this news.
The Aig Imokhuede committee has turned up more names than Farouks, it has also increased the amount we were defrauded by.

Certain attitudes are not normal.
Sometimes, you have to ask if certain folk are unredeemably foolish or if their motives are evil. embarassed

Abeg gimme Fresh Air, jare!
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by probably: 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
Beaf: I am surprised that there are actually people being id!ots over this news.
The Aig Imokhuede committee has turned up more names than Farouks, it has also increased the amount we were defrauded by.

Sometimes, you have to ask if certain folk are unredeemably foolish or if their motives are evil. embarassed

lap top no 1. I hail ooo

1 Like

Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by probably: 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
Beaf: I am surprised that there are actually people being id!ots over this news.

hw foolish can u be. Even if u were born today. I will not even bother pointing out your stupidity. Ahh its so obvious u are daft and so so senseless
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by Eziachi: 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
Super1759: Nigertians and badmouth eeee.tufiakwa.wetin dem go do 2 make una happy.abeg make una comot 4 road make I sit down.lets hope and pray dis one works.I believe shaa
Keep praying!
Prayers without work is meaningless.
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by genieplus86(f): 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2012
winkMtcheeeew ......
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by Eziachi: 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
Few months ago, the booming business in Abuja was the govt prayer business. All the so called men of God are landing upon each other, fighting over who will say the loudest prayer to the most Nigerian inept government ever and then wait for brown envelop of dollars for taxi fare home. They told Jonathan that god has assured them in an email that Boko Haram will disappear in June and Jonathan himself came out in public and gullibly told his fellow gullible Nigerians so to in affirmation.
And the month of June came and went unfulfilled as the gods were asleep, so prayer warriors were sacked.

So, a new business model came to live and its called committee business. No day passes now without a new committee being setup. The only committee am interested in is the one to verify that I told you so that Jonathan will be crown Nigeria worst ruler ever and I am saying it now that he may be the first to go to prison for corruption. Not because he is the worst offender, but because he is everything but smart, gullible compared to others before him.
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by Beaf: 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
--Please read post below with strong Warri accent--

This post paaaaaaaaaaaain many winsh!
But winsh na winsh and winsh must fly! grin grin grin

Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by Eziachi: 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
Stallion77: if you were in President Goodluck's shoe,what would you do? Elaborate with details and lets see how gud u would fare as a leader of this great nation.
Nigeria is not great and never has been and hence the reason someone like Jonathan of all people is leading it.
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by dedeike: 8:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
Pataki:

It is bleeding to the eyes to read your verbiage without paragraphs. There is no point in refuting your lies here.

However just to humor you a little, you say that the Ribadu committee is already yielding results. Which results? Where is the report?

Here is a news report given by Ribadu about the SAME committee you have stated in your composition of lies:

So please come with better lies next time! cheesy
it's funny how stupid you could be in your desperation to nail GEJ. out of all the wonderful points canvassed on the results of Oronsanye committee, the ports committee, the aviation committee, etc. you singled out Ribadu committee for manipulation of facts in order to suit your falsehood. What I said clearly in black and white is that RIBADU COMMITTEE IS YIELDING RESULTS AND REDUCING WASTAGES. I never said their REPORT IS OUT as you twisted in order to undermine the efforts of this govt. As a layman who is only vast in doing the job of a spin doctor on Nairaland, you may not be privy to information in the oil industry. So i do not blame you for this goof. But if you we're smart a bit, you would have noticed that you reproduced evidence in support of my earlier assertions in your post. You quoted RIBADU in the leadership newspaper as saying: " MY COMMITTEE IS SERIOUSLY WORKING AND WILL SOON COMPLETE IT'S ASSINGMENT AND SUBMIT ITS REPORT. How is this different from my position. Pls stop fooling yourself on Nairaland with your feeble defences. When someone is working, appreciate it. I still await your refutals on the other claims i made about the other committees or should I take your silence to be admission of truth?
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
Eziachi:
Nigeria is not great and never has been and hence the reason someone like Jonathan of all people is leading it.

[size=13pt]PREACH IT!!![/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by Beaf: 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2012
There is a reason the Farouk luv'n El Rufai/Tinubu ghouls are going crazy on this thread; it is simply that they fear that the owners of Nigeria, the rustlers of our commonwealth, have been dazzled, dazed and damnified.

Their fears are real. cool

The real purpose of Farouks committee was to hide the sins of their masters, while playing 2015 politics to hound and rope in those who sat outside of their abominable circle. We are all already aware of the dollar in cap saga.
They say, proof is in the numbers, so here goes; Farouks corrupt committee judged that only N230 billion needed to be refunded (mostly from political "prisoners''), while Aig-Imoukhuede's report DOUBLE'S that amount to N422 billion.

Who be fool?
Winshes, go and sleep, jare! The trap is closing in on you, slowly, but surely. cool
"Softly, softly, catch monkey."
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by uzomagic(m): 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2012
Pataki:

It is bleeding to the eyes to read your verbiage without paragraphs. There is no point in refuting your lies here.

However just to humor you a little, you say that the Ribadu committee is already yielding results. Which results? Where is the report?

Here is a news report given by Ribadu about the SAME committee you have stated in your composition of lies:

So please come with better lies next time! cheesy
Even if the entire report of the Ribadu led ministerial committee is not yet out with it's final report, does anything stop the minister from acting on the information she may have received from him in the interim? Given the failure and high level of damning allegations that have emmanated from the attempt by the House of reps to carry out a comprehensive probe of the activities of players in the Nations oil industry, is it not only normal that the Executive take the proverbial bull by the horns and set in place machinery for the proper examination and overhauling of the petroleum sector. I think that the intentions of the government are noble and the integrity of the members can hardly be faulted, wouldnt it be nicer if we just watched and see things play out.
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by Johndoe100(m): 11:34pm On Jul 06, 2012

Sometimes, you have to ask if certain folk are unredeemably foolish brain dead or if their motives are evil. embarassed

I have amended this, to more properly reflect the truth
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by skullzflex(m): 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
uncleb:

I pray for the restoration of ur senses, and may your eyes be opened. I wont waste my time educating you on what the government should have done rather than inflicting us with higher price for PMS.

But permit me to just ask you two or three questions here:

How come it was in the election year that subsidy skyrocketed?

If you have headache, do you cut off your head?

And finally, what do you call a farmer who thinks its wise to sell his yam (at cheap price)to someone and then ask his family to patronize the person for their pounded yam(at exorbitant price). Wise/foolish or wicked? Well you are entitled to your own opinion. We know those who paralyzed our refineries for their selfish gains, and they are not far from the corridors of power.

On a final note, am getting tired of coming to nairaland. I can see how gullible most Nigerian youths are ( even though i don't know everybody's age), am getting more afraid for this country's future. While social media is used to enthrone good governance in other part of the world, we are here full of sentiments, and so parochial in our arguments.

One thing am very confident about is that time will tell, whether your man meant well for the majority of Nigerian populace or not, its just a matter of time.

Well said UncleB..
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by Johndoe100(m): 11:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
Eziachi:

Sour grapes perhaps? It is not GEJ's fault that you had to run. We had no reason to run. I always find it amazing that it's the people who failed here that are the most vocal in their denigration of our great country.
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by mbhs139(m): 11:48pm On Jul 06, 2012
Demdem:

If Nigerians werent optimistic, they wouldnt have given the man without a shoe the mandate at the polls. [u]Why didnt he create these series of committees before subsidy removal? [/u]Why increasing the burden on the populace and now admitting now that the main reason why the burden was placed is simply fraudulent in the first place and yet havent apologised. Of cos he doesnt care. he told us on Live TV that he does not give a damn.

Nothing will come out of this and only a fool will think otherwise. the money was used for elections and its gone for good. No one is going to jail. deal with it.

Hope u can still remember the dates of the election?

Initially, I didn't want to comment on this issue but I can't resist not responding to your point. The underline was a great one; very incisive. Puntures whatever Beaf and any of his comrades has to say. Oya, over to you, BEAF and Co.
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by uzomagic(m): 11:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
superior1:

Laptop No 15, how u dey?
It is rather sad that this is the only valid deduction you have been able to make from this post yet it is people like you that refer to someone as clueless. Even when the clue is put forward to you, you'll not be able to take it. embarassed
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by peruso: 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2012
WHEN WILL THAT WORD >>>>>>>COMMITTEE<<<<<<<<<<<< DISAPEAR FRM THIS ADMINISTRATION?? WHENWHENWHEN
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by Beaf: 12:45am On Jul 08, 2012
uzomagic: It is rather sad that this is the only valid deduction you have been able to make from this post yet it is people like you that refer to someone as clueless. Even when the clue is put forward to you, you'll not be able to take it. embarassed

Okon! grin
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by Eziachi: 6:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
Johndoe100:

Sour grapes perhaps? It is not GEJ's fault that you had to run. We had no reason to run. I always find it amazing that it's the people who failed here that are the most vocal in their denigration of our great country.
Success in your garden of Eden Nigeria often mean death penalty in places like China or life in prison in most places, so if that is what you meant by failure, please exclude me.
I don't like repeating myself but I will try and say it again that, your Nigeria is not great and never has been, unless the true meaning of the word "GREAT" has changed to something new unbeknown.
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by Demdem(m): 9:09am On Jul 09, 2012
mbhs139:

Initially, I didn't want to comment on this issue but I can't resist not responding to your point. The underline was a great one; very incisive. Puntures whatever Beaf and any of his comrades has to say. Oya, over to you, BEAF and Co.

Dont expect anything reasonable from those sycophants. The Retardeen is just deceiving himself. playing to the gallery and no one is going to jail for the fraud perpetrated against the Nigerian people.
Re: GEJ Sets Up Committee To Verify 2011 Subsidy Claims by Pataki: 9:34am On Jul 09, 2012
dedeike: it's funny how stupid you could be in your desperation to nail GEJ. out of all the wonderful points canvassed on the results of Oronsanye committee, the ports committee, the aviation committee, etc. you singled out Ribadu committee for manipulation of facts in order to suit your falsehood. What I said clearly in black and white is that RIBADU COMMITTEE IS YIELDING RESULTS AND REDUCING WASTAGES. I never said their REPORT IS OUT as you twisted in order to undermine the efforts of this govt. As a layman who is only vast in doing the job of a spin doctor on Nairaland, you may not be privy to information in the oil industry. So i do not blame you for this goof. But if you we're smart a bit, you would have noticed that you reproduced evidence in support of my earlier assertions in your post. You quoted RIBADU in the leadership newspaper as saying: " MY COMMITTEE IS SERIOUSLY WORKING AND WILL SOON COMPLETE IT'S ASSINGMENT AND SUBMIT ITS REPORT. How is this different from my position. Pls stop fooling yourself on Nairaland with your feeble defences. When someone is working, appreciate it. I still await your refutals on the other claims i made about the other committees or should I take your silence to be admission of truth?

OK, another example: Aviation committee report Is not in the same aviation industry where a goat and a plane are fighting over who owns the runway? The same aviation in which your President Retardeen highlighted as his success during the democracy day broadcast, but he came back on air in June to announce that he could not land a simple helicopter in Yobe state. And you want me to take you serious? Are you for real? Continue to delight yourself in uttermost silliness.

It however appears to me, you are devoid of reasoning faculties. In what way is the Ribadu committee reducing wastages, when its report is not yet out?? Or you think everyone here is a simpleton?! Gosh, this is why I hate to debate with all you Yahoo Yahoo boys that the government is now employing to be praise singers on the internet!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB Accuses Ihedioha Of Grabbing Communal Land For Herders In Imo / Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released / Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.