Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers (25753 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Intervention Temporal, Queues Will Resurface – Stakeholders / Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard / Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by Ishilove: 3:43am On Apr 30, 2015
To halt the current fuel scarcity ravaging the country, the Federal Government yesterday as­sured it would pay Major Oil Marketers Association of Ni­geria (MOMAN) about N156 billion today.

The Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala,stated this at the World Customs Day event held in Abuja yesterday. The Minister said the payment of N156 billion represents the remaining tranche of the N256.2 billion debt owed MOMAN in subsidy claims.

Given further breakdown of the the N156 billion, she said government has committed to pay N100 billion as IOUs as well as the interest rate differen­tial of N56 billion.

The latest move by govern­ment would bring an end to the lingering fuel scarcity, the atten­dant long queues at the filling stations and unnecessary suffer­ings of Nigerians since March this year.

The payment today was in swift reaction to President Good­luck Jonathan’s order to the Fi­nance Minister to end the logjam occasioned by the scarcity.

Okonjo- Iweala had sought for the co-operation of the oil marketers to end the persistent fuel scarcity across the country, saying government was doing all it can to end the current fuel scarcity.

“Let me tell you, on the is­sue with oil marketers, we have been really working with them. We have been dialoguing with them. We paid them N350 bil­lion in December. We paid them N31 billion as foreign exchange differential and by tomorrow (to­day), we will be paying them the N100 billion which we will give them as IOUs as well as their interest rate differential of N56 billion. I am about to sign to get that paid and I think Nigerians will agree that the government is making good effort to accom­modate the oil marketers. They are also Nigerians and they also need to co-operate with us.

Meanwhile the Minis­ter of Information, Patricia Akwashiki,has said that the in­coming administration of Gen Muhammodu Buhari will not inherent fuel queues as the coun­try has enough fuel in its reserves for the next 27 days .

“I want to assure that we have enough fuel to supply and the problem is not that we do not have fuel on ground. We have a problem with the tanker drivers and that has to do with the non-payment of fuel subsidy claims But from tomorrow (today), the Coordinating Minister of the economy is going to start pay­ing off some of the liabilities we have in that sector and it will ease off,’’ she said

Akwashiki however said that part of the problem is logistics,especially with the transport unions in the petroleum sector,who are equally being owed. ‘‘We don’t have to wait for Buhari administration to fix it, we can fix it and we have been fixing it”.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=117061
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by lukuluku101(m): 3:48am On Apr 30, 2015
**modified**
Woderfooo! FTC on a fp thread...alaamesiaa.

To the topic: subsidy or not, we've always survived.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by Burger01(m): 3:48am On Apr 30, 2015
Subsidy has got to go. Remove subsidy and let's know what we are facing. Rome was not built in a day. We should be sensitised and palliatives put in place to cushion the effects of subsidy removal. Subsidy must go. It's a thieving conduit for the subsidy cabals. smiley

34 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by speaktome(m): 3:48am On Apr 30, 2015
Let me just reserve my comment till day brake grin

#JustMyBusiness#
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by zingywingy: 3:49am On Apr 30, 2015
Kk....please pay up ur debts before May 29, since u never inherited any when u assumed power.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by telim: 3:51am On Apr 30, 2015
K

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by idupaul: 3:51am On Apr 30, 2015
I want to see how Buhari will tackle this subsidy cartel
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:52am On Apr 30, 2015
Hmm
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by datbay(m): 3:56am On Apr 30, 2015
Fuel subsidy.....one day,we will overcome this trauma

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by MARKone(m): 3:56am On Apr 30, 2015
idupaul:

It is very simple, get our refineries to work to full capacity, a lot of money have siphoned by these cabals, aided by the FG, all in the name of subsidy.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by amarachi06(f): 3:58am On Apr 30, 2015
I blive the know wat the are doing.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by canalily(m): 3:58am On Apr 30, 2015
Including those selling garden egg and bolliiundecided? iya dami come and see o o oshocked!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by amarachi06(f): 3:58am On Apr 30, 2015
I blive they know wat they are doing.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by Burger01(m): 3:59am On Apr 30, 2015
idupaul:
Why can't we come together and reason how best we, as a nation, can defeat the monster called subsidy cartel? Subsidy impedes our development as a nation smiley

23 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by sammie06(m): 4:03am On Apr 30, 2015
You better pay up all your debt.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by canalily(m): 4:03am On Apr 30, 2015
Ar those selling palm oil also includedundecided mama Adaobi come and hear this o o oshocked we are made!

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by canalily(m): 4:04am On Apr 30, 2015
amarachi06:
undecided
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by BrokenTV: 4:07am On Apr 30, 2015
Burger01:
Subsidy has got to go. Remove subsidy and let's know what we are facing. Rome was nat built in a day. We should be sensitised and palliatives put in place to cushion the effect of subsidy removal. Subsidy must go. It's a thieving conduit for the cabals. smiley
You are wrong subsidy has come to stay, till all our Refineries start functioning at optimal. We cannot do away with it.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by echelons(m): 4:12am On Apr 30, 2015
Subsidies are about to go. Government should just put in place palliative measures to cushion the initial impact of the removal on the people. There's a lot of waste, corruption and arm twisting of government going on with this subsidy scheme. Almost all countries with this scheme are currently reviewing it.
I think the National Assembly even scrapped that from the 2015 budget.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by idupaul: 4:13am On Apr 30, 2015
MARKone:

It is very simple, get our refineries to work to full capacity, a lot of money have siphoned by these cabals, aided by the FG, all in the name of subsidy.

But what will happen while we wait for the refineries to start operating ..The way they keep paying billions and billions to some people in the name of some fake subsidy is scary.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by tk4rd: 4:14am On Apr 30, 2015
Ishilove:

If not for the mention of "Subsidy" in the whole long story, I was about asking why government should be paying marketers who were already making gains in their normal buying and selling..
I see no reason for such payments oo..

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by BrokenTV: 4:15am On Apr 30, 2015
MARKone:

But when goverment wanted to curtail this siphoning of money the whole country wanted to burn down through protest. We have to live with oil subsidy till all our refineries start working.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by Nobody: 4:16am On Apr 30, 2015
Ishilove:

IF GEJ HAD WON THE ELECTION, MOST OF THESE UGLY HEADLINES WILL BE SWEPT UNDER THE CARPET.
They will not even care to explain all this. All they do is to finance TAN propaganda called transformation agenda.

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by Nobody: 4:20am On Apr 30, 2015
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by austinesteve(m): 4:20am On Apr 30, 2015
lukuluku101:
Just incase

and u made it to fp grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by searider(m): 4:23am On Apr 30, 2015
I can sense a foul--play somewhere; the GEJ administration wants to empty the federation account before leaving the office.

The last time I read on papers that the subsidy issue is a scam; it is a way the govt intended to loot our national treasury.

Wait a minute; [b][/b]Meanwhile the Minis­ter of Information, Patricia Akwashiki,has said that the in­coming administration of Gen Muhammodu Buhari will not inherent fuel queues as the coun­try has enough fuel in its reserves for the next 27 days .

Imagine an oil producing nation boasting of fuel that will last for 27 days. Shame!

11 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by Iamdagreatguy(m): 4:24am On Apr 30, 2015
Good morning everyone

This is absolutely a debt and committee administration. GEJ kip it up, you have until May 29 to borrow and set all the committees you wants.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by buzquet(m): 4:24am On Apr 30, 2015
I dnt even d reason y dis administration lyk debt

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by ohenhen1: 4:25am On Apr 30, 2015
This subsidy has got to stop. The federal government need to clamp down on this oil marketers. Rebuild the refineries, stop importing oil.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by youngwarlocks: 4:26am On Apr 30, 2015
interesting!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by oscarjulliet: 4:27am On Apr 30, 2015
idupaul:
with God, everything is possible. Remember, Buhari is a God sent.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC's Position On Electronic Transmission Of Election Results In Nigeria / Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old / Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.