Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji (88118 Views)

Checkout Photos Of GEJ Branded Phones By Orji Uzor Kalu's SLOK Mobile / Pictures From Inside Aso Rock (2014-2015) / Remembering Today In History: The Day Abacha Seized Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by princessayesha(f): 1:30am On Jun 09, 2018
GenBuhari:
I have a very strong suspicion that Al Mustapha had a hand in Abacha's killing. It seems he betrayed Abacha and handed power to IBB. The man deserves to be in prison for being such a fool and allowing himself to be double-crossed.

What is your opinion?
So after Abacha comes IBB? Lol

6 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Oritsewhandey(m): 1:36am On Jun 09, 2018
idupaul:
Arafat in to deliver the killer payload that killed the General .. But Arafat also got killed after a similar visit where he was poisoned with radioactive matter..

Sha that House on Gidado road small sha ...
...........................................................................................

Before Arafat left for Nigeria, enrouye to Nigeria, he worn a gloves. Anthrax works better with gloves.
He arrived Nigeria, with no gloves on. He shook Abacha. Spent less than 2hrs. Left for Morocco. The ANTHRAX penetrated through Abacha''s palm pores.

Anthrax, often made potent due to Cynide content. Reasons Abacha was swollen and foaming from mouth before they landed in Kano.

Anthrax attack, usually used by CIA, MOSSED, ISF. ...

His death, pointed at IBB and undeniably at OBJ.

QED.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Oritsewhandey(m): 1:37am On Jun 09, 2018
idupaul:
Arafat in to deliver the killer payload that killed the General .. But Arafat also got killed after a similar visit where he was poisoned with radioactive matter..

Sha that House on Gidado road small sha ...
...........................................................................................

Before Arafat left for Nigeria, enroute to Nigeria, he worn hand gloves. Anthrax works better with gloves.
He arrived Nigeria, with no gloves on. He shook Abacha. Spent less than 2hrs. Left for Morocco. The ANTHRAX penetrated through Abacha''s palm pores.

Anthrax, often made potent due to Cynide content. Reasons Abacha was swollen and foaming from mouth before they landed in Kano.

QED.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by bikefab(m): 1:47am On Jun 09, 2018
Arafat killed Abacha in conspiracy with the west. This piece accentuates the gap between suddeness and preparedness. The Abacha family never prepared for what befell them.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by galadima77(m): 1:52am On Jun 09, 2018
Oritsewhandey:

Before Arafat left for Nigeria, enroute to Nigeria, he worn hand gloves. Anthrax works better with gloves.

QED.
i agree
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by graychuks(m): 2:14am On Jun 09, 2018
Why is it that I read the article but couldn't even read yours...??
thoth:
Nigeria is really far from any form of liberation. The ignorance of the masses and the extent that such ignorance and arrogance has been glamourized tell a lot that we are playing the loosing hand. Just look at the two posts below.

In the face of such an important information,one which its truth or falsity matters a lot to the future and its composites affecting our future judgements on such matters, all that this poster sees is the writing style of the author and that he chooses to criticize and from that he makes his validation against the information the writer is trying to convey. I have only witnesed such stupidity and arrogance in the dumbest of americans.

One of the most horrifying display of Nigerianess, they can't read anything more than a page and with all the one liner pills they always swallow from foreign media would insist on arguing with you on matters which due to there profound laziness and arrogance they have not done any enquiries on. Is it not suprising that with that single "too long" he has dismissed the whole article as not worth looking at , and more suprising is the phenomena that lacking the time(or intelligence) to read the post he surely does have the time to tell us that the post is "TOO LONG"
These two posters one who believes the intent of this thread is a criticism on writing styles and the other who chooses to gives us an important information on a post that he has not read constitutes a large number of Nigerians.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by graychuks(m): 2:17am On Jun 09, 2018
You guys are just too quick to blame
..why don't you just read and pass..ignore silly comments ..life is that simple.

airmark:
Genbuhari, why did u break the article again and repost. You bowed to silly pressure and it showed u are a mumu. Most nigerians are lazy readers, you don't need to encourage them.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by jbtobsyn(m): 2:27am On Jun 09, 2018
GenBuhari:
Thank you Toth,
I have been amassing evidence which shows Abacha never looted the money that Obj claimed was returned to Nigeria as "Abacha loot" has never been trace. The Swiss authourities conspired with Obasanjo to claim that Abacha looted. but all other facts showed he never looted.
Money supposedly in those accounts probably belonged Obasanjo or Babangida or one of their cronies.

It just vindicates those that say Abacha never looted.
So you mean the country with the best banking system can lie about something and the United Nations could not do anything to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by jbtobsyn(m): 2:31am On Jun 09, 2018
GenBuhari:
Abacha's economic peformance (verifiable by CBN data and world bank data):

Abacha never accepted world bank of IMF loans

Abacha reduced inflation from 54% to approx 8.5%

Abacha maintained the exchange rate at N22= $1

Abacha paid of approx $6bn of national debt

Abacha increased our reserves by approx $9

And all this was whilst he was facing economic sanctions from western countries who did not like his pro-Nigeria policies.

And all this during a period when oil prices were as low as $9 per barrel

He commanded respect and influence in Africa and rest of the world for his interventions in Sierra Leone and Liberia fulfilling our role as regional superpower.

It would have need him to be a magician to have managed to loot money as well!!
The facts and evidence are overwhelming that Abacha never looted.

So those people who jubilated when he died did not know of this fact abi.He is an oppressor.

3 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by SIRKAY98(m): 3:39am On Jun 09, 2018
Joshuamilarge:
all these epistles for that idiot?
who's go to read them.
the dude is dead and he's a bad history.

No.even if u r still in d dark!from all i gathered i see that there is more to abachas death and why dollar is now 362 to 1 naira

This is eye opener

That there s eveil in d land

Insupport Abacha was good and not a looter!
COS I WAS 7YEARS when he died and i know i much i enjoyed them .compared to 1 year after he was no more
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by johnaruson(m): 3:45am On Jun 09, 2018
This is just the headline of Abacha's death, where is the main story, the inside one. What killed Abacha, as Arafat was killed by radio active substance and was reported by a journalist like you , Mr Orji Ogbonnaya, we are waiting.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by murphyonline(m): 4:09am On Jun 09, 2018
vanity upon vanity
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by mvem(m): 4:12am On Jun 09, 2018
GenBuhari:
I have a very strong suspicion that Al Mustapha had a hand in Abacha's killing. It seems he betrayed Abacha and handed power to IBB. The man deserves to be in prison for being such a fool and allowing himself to be double-crossed.

What is your opinion?
...handed power to Ibb?...what are u saying...u sabi history at all

3 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Ukalejohn(m): 6:12am On Jun 09, 2018
Now all this article has done is change my impression about Gen.Abacha
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by gcof(m): 6:32am On Jun 09, 2018
jbtobsyn:

So those people who jubilated when he died did not know of this fact abi.He is an oppressor.
the way people allow themselves to be influenced by what they read and completely ignoring the reality on ground amaze me. People were rejoicing that an oppressor had died, someone who made life difficult and a dictator. I could remember the atmosphere when the news broke out in school then and the sigh of relief and freedom. Even in the article, average Nigerians cared less about his death
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by alezzy13: 6:41am On Jun 09, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Sir,the man was just writing in simple narrative style events that he witnessed first hand.

I personally don't think there is need for so many -isms and superfluous terms.

"Orji Ogbonnaya Orji,NTA News"(pikins no go know this one)

It was FRCN

1 Like

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Abbycite(m): 6:52am On Jun 09, 2018
GenBuhari:
I have been researching the allegations of Abacha loot, and all evidence is that he never looted. Before you mention the so-called "Abacha Loot" allegedly returned by Foreign banks / Swiss banks, let me tell you that there is no evidence that money was placed in foreign banks by Abacha.
Beside if the money was truely Abacha's and returned to Nigeria, there should be some trace of what happen to the so- called returned "Abacha Loot", but no evidence exists that confirms it ever went into treasury coffers.

https://www.nairaland.com/823498/abacha-never-looted-he-unjustly

Do u miss the part where people on the street was jubilating after his demise. If he was such a good leader, what could warrant that?

I think you should wait for like 400 years before trying to brush up the image of Abacha. The memory of his evil regime is fresh in our minds

2 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by alezzy13: 6:53am On Jun 09, 2018
I can vividly remember that day. CNN Jonathan Mann broke d news well before the Nigeria media.

I must say Almustspha handled the situation quite well. Truth is, it was a very dangerous period.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Pololomaster(m): 6:55am On Jun 09, 2018
humm.... life drama
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by DonMekino(m): 7:58am On Jun 09, 2018
Oritsewhandey:

QED.

OBJ was in prison.... Though it doesn't exonerate him
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Ododoeye0020(m): 8:22am On Jun 09, 2018
GenBuhari:
[size=18pt]"The Abacha family house on Gidado street, GRA, Kano is a modest twin duplex located in a rather small compound. "[/size]

We can see if his main family house was modest, Obasanjo and the his cronies were deceiving us about Abacha looting.

I maintain he never looted, Buhari also said the same.

You should be stoned to death. What about all the monies tgat were returned from Switzerland

1 Like

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by target100: 8:28am On Jun 09, 2018
Pls confirm you're old enough or correct your statement and btw you mustn't comment if you're shit of a reasonable line sir. How dare you say he betrayed Abacha for ibb?
GenBuhari:

What is your opinion?

2 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by dman4mdmoon(m): 9:05am On Jun 09, 2018
azpekuliar:

Nope. I think he was in Yola prisons then. He got released from there.
. You are absolutely right.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Caseless: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2018
GenBuhari:
Conspiracy theory are those which are stated with out concrete evidence.

But the evidence that Abacha was a great leader and that he never looted, is overwhelming !

Who accused Abacha of looting ?

The trio of IBB, Absulsalami Abubakar and Obj - all men known to be most dishonest and biggest looters in African history?

Which honest man accused Abacha of looting?
abacha died and that's why he's called a looter. Unfortunately, Mustapha was gagged from defending him on those allegations at the time.

1 Like

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Okpoloeyes: 9:19am On Jun 09, 2018
GenBuhari:
Conspiracy theory are those which are stated with out concrete evidence.

But the evidence that Abacha was a great leader and that he never looted, is overwhelming !

Who accused Abacha of looting ?

The trio of IBB, Absulsalami Abubakar and Obj - all men known to be most dishonest and biggest looters in African history?

Which honest man accused Abacha of looting?

That was the house he could afford before he seized power. Have you seen the mansion he couldn't complete in Maitama? You will change your mind when you see it. Usenis house is close to Abachas and it's modest.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Caseless: 9:20am On Jun 09, 2018

when Abacha's grave was being covered with sand, a powerful businessman from one of the South Eastern States who was very prominent in Abacha's campaign for self succession arrived and broke down weeping and wailing openly. Some faithful Muslims who dominated the burial reacted negatively to such an un-lslamic approach to the dead. They threatened to whisk the man out of the premises if he failed to comport himself. The businessman was among those who threatened to proceed on exile or commit suicide if General Abacha failed to become President.

Igbo amaka! grin
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Joshuamilarge(m): 9:31am On Jun 09, 2018
SIRKAY98:

No.even if u r still in d dark!from all i gathered i see that there is more to abachas death and why dollar is now 362 to 1 naira

This is eye opener

That there s eveil in d land

Insupport Abacha was good and not a looter!
COS I WAS 7YEARS when he died and i know i much i enjoyed them .compared to 1 year after he was no more
what therefore happen to the statement credited to Abasha children that says," No matter how much Nigeria withhold from them, that they cannot be as poor as Dangote" how about the millions of dollars Abasha deposited at Switzerland and several foreign acct..
Abasha meet evil for Nigeria simple.
How much was petrol in 1993 before he took over, how about the exchange rate before he took over and at the time of his death?
Had it been He was still in charge even till now, petrol price would have been where it is now. Even the exchange rate.
I will not strain my Eyes and crack my brain to read the history of a Bad figure.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by airmark(m): 10:11am On Jun 09, 2018
BiafranDel:
you talk like a fool. what has reading the whole post got to do with nigerians being lazy readers. Who are you to decide what people reads or not. How many books have you read or written in your entire life to make such nonsense comment. Una go just dey do oversabi for internet meanwhile nothing to show for it in reality

Who is this illiterate? I have read so many books to know 'people reads', is a grammatical blunder. Lazy reader.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by DonaTee(f): 10:24am On Jun 09, 2018
taharqa:
[b]I think that this new Revisionist movements to somehow 'Rehabilitate'
Abacha has gone too far to the extent of been an open insult on the intelligence of Nigerians:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/173008-abacha-family-loses-bid-to-recover-800m-from-fg (I guess one can have access to this amount of money ie about #92 Billion if all your career life have been spent in the military)

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=abacha%20loot%20in%20sitzerland&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CEsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.punchng.com%2Fbusiness%2Fbusiness-economy%2Fwe-returned-500m-abacha-loot-swiss-envoy%2F&ei=BvMqUPm9BOas0QWDjoDAAw&usg=AFQjCNFyAvH9zwIRV8vcVMOvD8YcvoglXA&cad=rja (The monies he stalked in Swiss Accounts said to be up to $2 Billion, part of which have been recovered, is also not corruption abi? Or you believe as some members of his family was reported to have said, that he was only keeping the monies n trust of Nigerians. His sn currently undergoing corruption charges in Switzerland is also part of the set-up abi?)

By the way, Abacha was not sanctioned by the 'International Community' cos he was 'a Great African Leader' as you put it but cos he and the then Northern Elites in cohorts with Shell Killed the non-violent Environmental Rights Campaigner and Writer, Ken Saro-Wiwa, for whom a lot of persons and organizations including the Pope, Nelson Mandela, Commonwealth etc pleaded for leniency after his Kangaroo judgement.

I have not said any thing yet about the atrocities Abacha committed(killings, imprisonments etc) as enumerated by his very many victims and his hatchet man(Al Mustapha, Sergent Rogers) against any person that he thought stood against his 'Power'..Have you ever heard of the Oputa's Panel.

Nuff said
[/b]

And his wife built a university in Chad I think.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by enjay1(m): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2018
longerthroat:
that's one of the best books I've ever read. still fascinating after over 10 years.
hello brother, please could i get the book from you?
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by jbtobsyn(m): 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
gcof:
the way people allow themselves to be influenced by what they read and completely ignoring the reality on ground amaze me. People were rejoicing that an oppressor had died, someone who made life difficult and a dictator. I could remember the atmosphere when the news broke out in school then and the sigh of relief and freedom. Even in the article, average Nigerians cared less about his death
I swear he don tire me. The guy should go and ask his elders at home. The same way Buhari said Abacha's loot is been recovered is the same Buhari that said he didn't loot but they paid someone money to recover the loot. If Abacha didn't loot,that means Buhari is the one looting money by saying he wants to recover Abacha's loot.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by gcof(m): 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2018
jbtobsyn:

I swear he don tire me. The guy should go and ask his elders at home. The same way Buhari said Abacha's loot is been recovered is the same Buhari that said he didn't loot but they paid someone money to recover the loot. If Abacha didn't loot,that means Buhari is the one looting money by saying he wants to recover Abacha's loot.
a lot of nigerians are too quick to forget or should I say that they like being played for fools by these politicians. A government will make a statement today and they will believe, the next day the government will make a completely different and contradicting statement, they will as well believe without questions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekiti Election: Ignore Results On Social Media - INEC. / South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) / Massive Crowd Inflow At PDP Lagos Rally [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.