Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,483 members, 7,770,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:49 AM

Literature/Writing Complaints Thread - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (42892 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Go Down)

Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 3:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
How can I be of help?

I am all ears as long as you keep it Civil!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by BillyRubin: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2012
Here is unbelievably boring! Is it that we have no writers and literary enthusiasts in NL or what? It's appalling, really.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
Billy Rubin: Here is unbelievably boring! Is it that we have no writers and literary enthusiasts in NL or what? It's appalling, really.

Yes, you are right about that. I just became the mod here and have some ideas but because of an exam I am taking next week Tuesday, I haven't carried them out.

I think the first thing is to create awareness and then re-organize the section. Also, with the help of useful contributions and suggestions, I am sure we can make it more active and exciting. Your suggestions are also welcome. Thank you!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Ndyoo(m): 8:46am On Jul 07, 2012
please i notice its hard to post a story here without it appearing in blocks that are compressed and unreadable...will it be nice if we post referrals too that allow fellow NL reading it....like an fb page.thank u
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2012
Ndyoo: please i notice its hard to post a story here without it appearing in blocks that are compressed and unreadable...will it be nice if we post referrals too that allow fellow NL reading it....like an fb page.thank u

It is your responsibility to make your story readable for your readers.

A little paragraphing, spacing, punctuation, bolding,italicizing etc would go a long way in achieving that and posting on here has all that enabled. You need just a little patience to review your post and modify them.

If you refer readers to your fb page, not everyone would have the time to redirect from one forum to other to read your story. Why do you want to give readers so much work just to appreciate your art. A good writer beats challenges and adapts to changes.

Tell your story here and if you need assistance, that is what I am here for!

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Rocktation(f): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2012
Yeah, it sure needs some serious revitalization. It sometimes feels like the diaries section here. Everybody just passes by.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
Rocktation: Yeah, it sure needs some serious revitalization. It sometimes feels like the diaries section here. Everybody just passes by.

We would work on that. If you also have suggestions, feel free to let us know. Thanks!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by BillyRubin: 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2012
Well, for starters, we could travel from forum to forum, imploring on people to remember that the Lit forum still exists coolWell, for starters, we could travel from forum to forum, imploring on people to remember that the Lit forum still exists
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2012
Billy Rubin: Well, for starters, we could travel from forum to forum, imploring on people to remember that the Lit forum still exists coolWell, for starters, we could travel from forum to forum, imploring on people to remember that the Lit forum still exists

Lmao @ travel from forum to forum. I don't think that is necessary. All we need do is present good materials for the frontpage. Once the awareness is created, it would all fall into place. Keep the ideas coming. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Emylexray(m): 12:16am On Jul 13, 2012
lets have write-ups from seasoned intellectuals. I mean stories that are captivating and incisive.if we could have a handful of such write-ups here, it will inevitably make the front page, thereby reviving this section
Though i don't know the criteria used for a topic to make the front page.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 12:35am On Jul 13, 2012
Emylexray: lets have write-ups from seasoned intellectuals. I mean stories that are captivating and incisive.if we could have a handful of such write-ups here, it will inevitably make the front page, thereby reviving this section
Though i don't know the criteria used for a topic to make the front page.

There are actually good stories on this section. Please look around for confirmation and give constructive criticism on them. Thanks for your suggestion, it has been noted!

As per criteria, once a write-up/story has the points you listed above and more, its eligible for the front page.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Rocktation(f): 1:46am On Jul 13, 2012
Yeah, there are tonnes of ways we could pack this joint and force hands to resume their contributions. People don't like to see sad, mawkish mutters about stuff that they may never understand. People almost always want to have fun! So we could start off by putting up more thrilling topics (that can make the home page) that everyone can relate and contribute to. And as mod, you should do this cos you'd stir up more responses.

You could set up a kind of word play, where you'll put up a word for each day/week and ask writers to write shortly about them. Give rules in each, that will provide enough of that chord of competition, to excite the interest of our acquisitive minds.

Throw out subtle challenges to non-writers and all, imploring them to test their ability in writing....of cos, we'll have pocket-full of laughs cos almost 'everybody' will want to contribute something. smiley

Then of cos, a lot will want to side-step to see if the section has other goodies, like they always do in other sections....and voila! They will see.

But also should they see a Non-Writer's guide to writing, where the pros among us can contribute by sharing their tips, tricks and goals, to how they turned out so awesome. It will definitely go a long way in helping someone that had taken one look at their post and said, 'damn, I wish I could write like that'.
And on the side line too, we the thriving amateurs, will also be aided in toning down our need, to always beg for critique by viewers.

.....and on like that...this place just might get relit.

2 Likes

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 3:29am On Jul 13, 2012
Rocktation: Yeah, there are tonnes of ways we could pack this joint and force hands to resume their contributions. People don't like to see sad, mawkish mutters about stuff that they may never understand. People almost always want to have fun! So we could start off by putting up more thrilling topics (that can make the home page) that everyone can relate and contribute to. And as mod, you should do this cos you'd stir up more responses.

You could set up a kind of word play, where you'll put up a word for each day/week and ask writers to write shortly about them. Give rules in each, that will provide enough of that chord of competition, to excite the interest of our acquisitive minds.

Throw out subtle challenges to non-writers and all, imploring them to test their ability in writing....of cos, we'll have pocket-full of laughs cos almost 'everybody' will want to contribute something. smiley

Then of cos, a lot will want to side-step to see if the section has other goodies, like they always do in other sections....and voila! They will see.

But also should they see a Non-Writer's guide to writing, where the pros among us can contribute by sharing their tips, tricks and goals, to how they turned out so awesome. It will definitely go a long way in helping someone that had taken one look at their post and said, 'damn, I wish I could write like that'.
And on the side line too, we the thriving amateurs, will also be aided in toning down our need, to always beg for critique by viewers.

.....and on like that...this place just might get relit.

Very impressive!!! I will see to it!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 13, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Very impressive!!! I will see to it!

Over the past weeks now there have been suggestions. . .and all Cuddlemii keep saying is. . .'i will look into it', 'i will work on it'.

When?
When the hen grows a tooth?

I look around. . .and this is another GEJ regime here.
"we are working on it" grin

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2012
breezy047:

Over the past weeks now there have been suggestions. . .and all Cuddlemii keep saying is. . .'i will look into it', 'i will work on it'.

When?
When the hen grows a tooth?

I look around. . .and this is another GEJ regime here.
"we are working on it" grin

Lmao. Rome wasn't built in a day!

Except you are want to act ignorant, there has been a little improvement.

For starters, threads have been moved to where they belong & organized, there were so many repetitive threads, so many adverts flooding the section and distracting the purpose. Some threads had to be locked because they were spam etc.

We had three threads on the front page page today which has been attracting members and views. Its been busy!
We are not after short term but long term goals. If I start a thread on a front page, it attracts members and after the thread they don't return to explore the remaining parts of the section. What happens?

I have been marketing the section, imploring members not to neglect us. I am going to toughen it up and get more aggressive with it. We don't need to appear too desperate, let the good write-ups here speak for its self.

Thanks for your observation!

2 Likes

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by maclatunji: 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2012
It is really nice to see the passion that the new moderator is putting into this section. #Cool.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 18, 2012
Cuddles. . .
i sent you a mail this morning but I dont know if it got through.
I'd love to debate AGAINST the motion and Saturday is very convinient for me.
Thanks.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 10:41am On Jul 18, 2012
breezy047: Cuddles. . .
i sent you a mail this morning but I dont know if it got through.
I'd love to debate AGAINST the motion and Saturday is very convinient for me.
Thanks.

Yes I did and I replied you.
Check ur email. Thanks!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by joanana(f): 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
Please, explain to me why u always delete my topics? I posted a topic today about Sidney SHELDON NEW NOVELS. I cant find the post? what happened? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2012
joanana: Please, explain to me why u always delete my topics? I posted a topic today about Sidney SHELDON NEW NOVELS. I cant find the post? what happened? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I didn't delete your topic, the spambot did. Before I lock a thread, I link it to an existing. If I move a thread then you will still have access to it only it would be on a seperate section or sub-section.

https://www.nairaland.com/993385/new-sidney-sheldon-novels-enjoy#11474293- I restored this back for you from spambot. The links were not valid so I removed the fake links.
https://www.nairaland.com/976103/sidney-sheldon-after-darkness-others- This I would have to look into because there are a lot of 4shared links.

PS- Don't put up invalid links anymore on a thread you create. Its either you put the whole story here or you put up "real" links.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by joanana(f): 2:45pm On Jul 18, 2012
THANKS FOR REPLYING.

iT IS NOT A FAKE LINK.... MY 4SHARED LINK PAGE.
Please tell ur spam bot to leave my page alone grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by joanana(f): 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
THANKS AGAIN, I HAVE ADDED ANOTHER LINK....

plunder.com.. I have used in 2011 for the mistress of game i uploaded n it was accepted. thanks again grin grin grin
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 21, 2012
Cuddles
You or the debate council can mail me through
Pls DO hide this post after you've seen it.
Thanks.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Rocktation(f): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2012
Can't wait for the female version of it. It's gonna be something. smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 12:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
Rocktation: Can't wait for the female version of it. It's gonna be something. smiley

Yes it would be. I can't wait either!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by mkmyers45(m): 4:26pm On Aug 11, 2012
Well i have a suggestion, Why don't we have an open calling all writers contest where certain constraints are made and writers are challenged to write and the winner gets front page notice...I have so many ideas for such a contest (even price sponsorship)
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 4:36pm On Aug 11, 2012
mkmyers45: Well i have a suggestion, Why don't we have an open calling all writers contest where certain constraints are made and writers are challenged to write and the winner gets front page notice...I have so many ideas for such a contest (even price sponsorship)

Ok, I am listening! Be more explicit!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41)

Romance Story- The Neigbours / Fierce / Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.