Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

I Want To Develop Mobile Applications - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Develop Mobile Applications (8344 Views)

Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin / I Want To Learn Mobile Applications Development / Vb vs Java: Which Is Better For Mobile Applications? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Goodcare(m): 7:55am On Jul 11, 2012
EdDave: Wit these kind of talent available in Nigeria, we should have left this stone age. Kudos. I only encourage you to go higher and take control of the emerging IT markets in Nigeria.

I think NIIT is xpensive. Can u recommend another institution here in Lagos?

.........what about new horizon in ikeja .........
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by shorxynla(m): 9:07am On Jul 11, 2012
Everyone is developing for Android, Apple and Blackberry phone. Why majority of people we have are using java phones. No wonder opera is so popular

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by xterra2(m): 9:27am On Jul 11, 2012
pc guru: Currently even as we are speaking i work with Nokia SDK Asha Phones, to be frank its a lot better than using PhoneGap, because not all phones have html5, and nothing like cross domain issues in J2ME. just go to developer.nokia.com create a profile there and steps to develop on Nokia would be given, also pls what does "NegativeArraySizeException" mean
The exception ? Go to google type in the name of the exception and click am feeling lucky,it would take you to oracle's website
But straightforward check your arrays it has to do with the size

WhyAWhy: take it from me, I know Objective-C, took about 1 month to fully master. I had already know Java and C# before then, Objective-C is not so straight forward not something you can pick in a week comfortably but we all differ sha. I developed an app for my masters project and have since abandoned it cos I don't have any apple hardware(school provided the one for masters). Getting back on the wheel but going more in the direction of Android cos of Java.
Oh okay
The project was about what if you don't mind me asking, and was it iOS or mac ?

oshoppy: I am working on a project that requires me to develop an app....please if we have developers in the house that can do this and get paid...please contact me and we can discuss buiz. nice thread.
Sure what's the project about ? Which language
Let me know first
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by lordZOUGA(m): 9:43am On Jul 11, 2012
but wait oh... If you really want to develope for ios and android, you can always use adobe's AIR SDK using action script. And action script is not hard. Apps developed with AIR works as native app would
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by PrinceNN(m): 10:05am On Jul 11, 2012
tblackE61: @prince send M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ U̶̲̥̅̊r pin am also using 9800 A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ am intrested in D̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅†̥ app...pls infact add M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ 26D9A8F5

ok
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Pelumiv(m): 10:12am On Jul 11, 2012
If you are learning Java, How easily can you switch to mobile programming?
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by dolpaz: 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2012
You guys never made mention of Netbeans as a tool to develop mobile apps..fast !!!
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2012
Really nice thread. I wish to ask is python good in developing apps for andriod? Its looks so easy to learn than java what do you say
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by SimplySEA(m): 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2012
Sincerely guys, i'm jealous. U guys have been speakin in languages i'd luv to speak in... U make me proud to be a nigerian. How i go join speak dis language na?
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2012
I use Netbeans with Nokia SDK, to be frank I don't like Netbeans but I find it useful esp because of the pre-processor, I prefer Eclipse but for some reason I can't see my resources folder in the jar, if you know a solution I won't mind, don't be deceived J2ME phones are more than Android or ios, and that's a fact. BB,Nokia are more popular and affordable, android and ios is for techie pple, even I don't have Android or IOS. Opera mini,whatsapp,2go are all j2me.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by elvis10ten(m): 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
Anyone that whats to program for java phones that is j2me phones should download this sdk for j2me programming using your phone from J2me Sdk Mobile . Contact me if you want to learn how to program for phones:
elvis.chidera@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by kunletoks(m): 7:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
Netbeans IDE and SDK are good tools to get started with.
One of the Nokia developer Oyediran Wale taught me in OAU.
It's very easy to use. GUI, drag and drop. But when your app becomes complex then you can't use the drag and drop again.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2012
Drag and drop yeah, but most times I use canvas for some stuff for more better gui, but Nokia UI are kinda better, BB am not yet comfy with it,will try it again.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2012
pc guru: I use Netbeans with Nokia SDK, to be frank I don't like Netbeans but I find it useful esp because of the pre-processor, I prefer Eclipse but for some reason I can't see my resources folder in the jar, if you know a solution I won't mind, don't be deceived J2ME phones are more than Android or ios, and that's a fact. BB,Nokia are more popular and affordable, android and ios is for techie pple, even I don't have Android or IOS. Opera mini,whatsapp,2go are all j2me.
the bolded is a nice tip to consider as one delves into apps because its where the market is now (j2me) and where it might be in the future (andriod and ios)
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by taharqa: 10:15pm On Jul 11, 2012
Guys Greetings. Lets say I am good in Java(from the fundamentals to the more complex-web services,jsp,ejb etc) but my problem has always been that I write programs intermittently, so you guys can understand how I admire some of you guys just 'yanning' about program languages that you use...any ways, how can I program mobile applications in java or related languages and what are the opportunities there(and in other related fields). I presently dont reside in Lagos though.
Thanks ALL
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 12, 2012
God
knows how much i feel here to see dudes use computer terms out of my
knowldge......well....am a poor dude...never own a laptop b4 nor be wid a
laptop for an hour in my lifetime...apart frm d usual cafe tinz whch i
go only and strickly for assignment..... I've made provision to buy a
second hand notebook dis weekend and i want to reguest for a frend dat
has a kind heart who will lecture me on programming....either online
here or via whatsapp....i've got nofin to offer but jst tanx...i knw
alot of dudes here can help....and i pray i find som1 who will do
so....pls help a bruda to become a guru....maybe as a programmer and am a
fast learner and i ask questions alot to comprehend..... God will bless
any1 who will want to help....am actually in calabar....unical...never
been to lagos nor abuja...dnt hav rels there......thanx ............plss u can add me on whatsapp via 08188296048....hopin to hear frm u soon. God bless you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by elvis10ten(m): 8:22am On Jul 12, 2012
Guys you don't need laptop to program for j2me phones anymore. You can now use your phone to program using J2me Sdk Mobile . Contact me if you want to learn how to program for j2me phones using the mobile sdk
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by DammyFx: 8:29am On Jul 12, 2012
You can use freelancing simply hire someone that give you give them your idea and budget then they bid and give you details on the project and you choose your best choice to do the job for you
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by elvis10ten(m): 10:05am On Jul 12, 2012
if you want to learn programming using your phone contact me with elvis.chidera@gmail.com . Its free
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by elvis10ten(m): 10:08am On Jul 12, 2012
i never knew there were many j2me programmers in nigeria. Lets create a thread where programmers can identify themselves.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by lordZOUGA(m): 10:13am On Jul 12, 2012
pc guru: I use Netbeans with Nokia SDK, to be frank I don't like Netbeans but I find it useful esp because of the pre-processor, I prefer Eclipse but for some reason I can't see my resources folder in the jar, if you know a solution I won't mind, don't be deceived J2ME phones are more than Android or ios, and that's a fact. BB,Nokia are more popular and affordable, android and ios is for techie pple, even I don't have Android or IOS. Opera mini,whatsapp,2go are all j2me.
I thought The nokia SDK comes already integrated with eclipse IDE... For C++ anyway.. You saying that its different for j2me?
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Shadowblaqq(m): 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2012
Anybody that has a mobile friendly website can turn that very site into a mobile application using a very simple method: http://www.appsgeyser.com/
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by WhyAWhy(m): 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
xterra2:
The exception ? Go to google type in the name of the exception and click am feeling lucky,it would take you to oracle's website
But straightforward check your arrays it has to do with the size

Oh okay
The project was about what if you don't mind me asking, and was it iOS or mac ?

Sure what's the project about ? Which language
Let me know first

It was iOs on a mac mini using objective-C. It was for a medical device for my masters project but because apple didn't allow native bluetooth connection without jailbreaking i had to design a simulated version of the medical device on one iphone and the receiver on another iphone and used the bluetooth and wifi connection to transmit data. Application: Medical doctor can view a pregnant woman's FHR and UHR and understand what stage she is prior to full labour to forestall false alarm and hospital visits.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
foxxynik: God
knows how much i feel here to see dudes use computer terms out of my
knowldge......well....am a poor dude...never own a laptop b4 nor be wid a
laptop for an hour in my lifetime...apart frm d usual cafe tinz whch i
go only and strickly for assignment..... I've made provision to buy a
second hand notebook dis weekend and i want to reguest for a frend dat
has a kind heart who will lecture me on programming....either online
here or via whatsapp....i've got nofin to offer but jst tanx...i knw
alot of dudes here can help....and i pray i find som1 who will do
so....pls help a bruda to become a guru....maybe as a programmer and am a
fast learner and i ask questions alot to comprehend..... God will bless
any1 who will want to help....am actually in calabar....unical...never
been to lagos nor abuja...dnt hav rels there......thanx ............plss u can add me on whatsapp via 08188296048....hopin to hear frm u soon. God bless you
i can help you free
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by ikecinho(m): 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
elvis10ten: Guys you don't need laptop to program for j2me phones anymore. You can now use your phone to program using J2me Sdk Mobile . Contact me if you want to learn how to program for j2me phones using the mobile sdk
pls help,d website is on russian language pls hw cn i change it to eng.
Thanks
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by olyjosh(m): 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
You can always go for JavaME. Also there is something like JavaME polish. This will allow you to be able to build Java applications for phones.
You can use NetbeanIDE as your IDE.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by CyberG: 3:54am On Nov 06, 2012
xterra2:
To play sounds you use. The phonegap sound API which can play max of 30 seconds
There's a performance hit,its fast not very fast
Can't access the android menu button, which almost every android app has
Can do html only no dynamic stuffs

But its still good, I have an android app done. By it, I have compiled it and tested it though I want it to play sounds and it would be done, so am still doing the sound part
I have an icon,splash screen everything complete remaining to play sounds

What are you working on ? Let me know and state your goals
Maybe we can work together
I can send you the phonegap appp I made if you wanna see

Do you know objective C ?
Sure maybe I underestimated it but I would use it for simple apps not complex apps
Nothing tooooooo serious

Yes you really underestimated Objective C. Coming from a native C/C++, Objective C is far more elegant and more expressive. It's like it gets you in a position to speak to some piece of hardware in a much romantic, expressive and intimate way. To your point specifically, do you know that one of the most popular classes of Objective C responsible for everything you will do with the camera, photo library, etc is an abstraction of a much more complicated layer AVFoundation framework. How many hours do you think it would take you to learn and use one framework talk less about learning the whole language in hours? Note that all those adding 2 numbers and hello world code samples or reading an entire textbook does not mean you have learned or know the language.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by sigmainfo(m): 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
What type of application are you looking forward to create? and for which OS you want to set it up?
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Sifonudoh: 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2020
Are you a digital marketer looking for instabuilder plugin? Buy at www.syphonnstores.com at just #15k unlimited websites. Original price is $197 Its good and easy to use.[left][/left]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asp.net And Php Which Is Better / I Want To Learn Programming, Where Do I Start From? / I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.