Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 (17219 Views)

Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll / Two Bomb Blasts In Borno State, Death Toll Unknown / Death Toll In Edo Cult Clash Rises To 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by Murphylink(m): 11:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
Death Toll in Nigeria Village Massacre Hits 90

At least 90 people had been killed during attacks on villages in Gashik District of Barkinladi Local government area of central north Nigeria's Plateau State by Sunday afternoon, security sources and Xinhua reporters on ground said.

In a brief text message to Xinhua, the security sources said 50 burnt bodies were uncovered in the early hours of Sunday in a COCIN church in Matsai village.

Xinhua's reporters in the restive city of Jos said 20 persons were killed Sunday afternoon at the mass burial site of victims on Saturday attack, including a serving Senator, Gyang Dantong, representing Plateau north and the majority leader of the State House of Assembly, Gyang Fulani.

Before he was killed on Sunday, the late Fulani told Xinhua on Saturday that at least 20 people were killed on Friday night in Barkinladi by yet to be identified gunmen, who invaded nine villages of the locality.

"Dantong, Fulani and other unidentified officials were all murdered today during a mass burial for scores of people killed by unknown gunmen," the security source said.

Dan Manjan, a legislative aide to the senator, who escaped the attack said scores of injured victims are still receiving treatment in hospitals across the state.

A Xinhua reporter said the Berom people leaving in Jos have taken over major roads in the state.

Plateau State is situated in Nigeria's middle belt where the Muslim-dominated north and the Christian-majority south meet. It has seen years of ethnic tensions and is a major potential flashpoint ahead of the April presidential elections.

The state capital Jos was plunged in a pool of blood on March 7, 2010, when members of local Muslim and Christian communities fought each other in revenge for previous killings.

The state has recently witnessed some bomb blasts and constant rifts between Berom and Fulani herdsmen, with many, especially women and children, murdered in cold blood in the state.

http://english.cri.cn/6966/2012/07/09/2701s710888.htm

May God safe us from Boko Haram
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by nijanigga: 1:34am On Jul 09, 2012
Murphylink: Death Toll in Nigeria Village Massacre Hits 90

At least 90 people had been killed during attacks on villages in Gashik District of Barkinladi Local government area of central north Nigeria's Plateau State by Sunday afternoon, security sources and Xinhua reporters on ground said.

In a brief text message to Xinhua, the security sources said 50 burnt bodies were uncovered in the early hours of Sunday in a COCIN church in Matsai village.

Xinhua's reporters in the restive city of Jos said 20 persons were killed Sunday afternoon at the mass burial site of victims on Saturday attack, including a serving Senator, Gyang Dantong, representing Plateau north and the majority leader of the State House of Assembly, Gyang Fulani.

Before he was killed on Sunday, the late Fulani told Xinhua on Saturday that at least 20 people were killed on Friday night in Barkinladi by yet to be identified gunmen, who invaded nine villages of the locality.

"Dantong, Fulani and other unidentified officials were all murdered today during a mass burial for scores of people killed by unknown gunmen," the security source said.

Dan Manjan, a legislative aide to the senator, who escaped the attack said scores of injured victims are still receiving treatment in hospitals across the state.

A Xinhua reporter said the Berom people leaving in Jos have taken over major roads in the state.

Plateau State is situated in Nigeria's middle belt where the Muslim-dominated north and the Christian-majority south meet. It has seen years of ethnic tensions and is a major potential flashpoint ahead of the April presidential elections.

The state capital Jos was plunged in a pool of blood on March 7, 2010, when members of local Muslim and Christian communities fought each other in revenge for previous killings.

The state has recently witnessed some bomb blasts and constant rifts between Berom and Fulani herdsmen, with many, especially women and children, murdered in cold blood in the state.

http://english.cri.cn/6966/2012/07/09/2701s710888.htm

May God safe us from Boko Haram

Living in Jos not Leaving in Jos . . .
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by cold(m): 1:37am On Jul 09, 2012
Dayum!This is serious...very
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:40am On Jul 09, 2012
This is our punishment for having blood thirsty hausa and funani ppl among us!
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by lacasa: 1:57am On Jul 09, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: This is our punishment for having blood thirsty hausa and funani ppl among us!

^^ likewise the other tribes

Cos last i knew d fulani αve suffered casualties in similar attax as well

Besides, "unknown gunmen in army uniforms n bulletproof vests" is wat is reported.

Where did u read hausa or fulani did it

Dnt be a bigot, jus condemn d killings or ppray for d deceased n it'ld be more useful

3 Likes

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by Afamokoye: 2:03am On Jul 09, 2012
These to bad for country 9ja. Dat every wer in d north we hv blood sucking demons. D swear for north in d world?

1 Like

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by thepakmail: 2:05am On Jul 09, 2012
Killing this many people will take time to accomplish. Pls security operatives do your work. For years this place has been a killing field for all the parties concern, so order constant security patrols, ensure an effective communication system, co-ordinate a rapid response squad. Get your acts together and stop this killing spree.

2 Likes

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by sholay2011(m): 2:15am On Jul 09, 2012
nijanigga:

Living in Jos not Leaving in Jos . . .
so....upon hw crios nd pathetic d news is....all u can see is this ode! get a lyf!

4 Likes

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by yeye4live(m): 2:21am On Jul 09, 2012
leaving in jos s one hell part in dis country
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by brosB: 2:33am On Jul 09, 2012
Oh oh oh God bring back the lost peace!the ones home of peace and tourism has sudenly been turn into the home of blood shed and No go area,it is regretable lugubrious.Friend and fellow nairanders I sincerely call that as patriot beyond criiticism and umleash of our griviances we must alltogether pray against this evil that has bedevil Jos and for the return of peace to this ones most peaceful state in Nigeria. I remember vividly growing up as a young lad in the middle belt of Nigeria my dream was to ever visit and if possible school in Jos because Jos to us in the middle belt then was like Lagos in the south west, but today Jos has occupied the headlines of the Nigeria media for nothing good other than blood shed,so unfortunate. But I stil believe that sorrow will come in the night but joy will eventually come in the morning and nomatter how long the night last the day will surely break.Evil has never overcome good just as darkness has never overshadow light.for those whom have lost love ones in all this evil God will grand you the solitude to bear they lost and to those who loss their lives through the crises in Jos my heart goes with you good night and I pray we see again on the other shore.R I P.I love you all.Jos will know peace again in Jesus name Amen.

6 Likes

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by dayokanu(m): 2:45am On Jul 09, 2012
Na wa oo

2 Likes

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by oiseworld: 2:54am On Jul 09, 2012
God have mercy, whats happening in this country?
Some people just lack tolerance.
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by slap1(m): 2:55am On Jul 09, 2012
It's so scary. . .my cousin in Jos said the only thing to do is to brace up for the worst! Their safety worries me.
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by http(m): 3:19am On Jul 09, 2012
Hmmm? what is really the worth of a Nigerian in his own home?
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by Ivynwa(f): 3:23am On Jul 09, 2012
We are fast reaching the pinnacle of stupidity with these moslems that can't bear to see anybody of a different religion around them. Time to give them their own country for christians to stay alive. What is all these stupidness! Can't they fr*aking do their religion and let others live? Do christians have to die for their god to be praised or what? What is all this? Enough of this madness of unleashing anarchy on the land.
International disgrace!!
Are we not tired of making fools of ourselves before the world cause I am tired of that?

8 Likes

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by nijanigga: 3:25am On Jul 09, 2012
sholay2011:
so....upon hw crios nd pathetic d news is....all u can see is this ode! get a lyf!
"Anuofia", get a life. Without the correction the story is confusing.
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by charloski(m): 3:46am On Jul 09, 2012
The fulanis r not people to be with, so heartless and crude....

4 Likes

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by meksroland: 4:07am On Jul 09, 2012
The greatest mistake in naija is that it was not divided when Ojukwu sort for it. I believe Gowon will be regretting all day. Gowon and his people are now reaping one naija with the same fulanis he fouth with

4 Likes

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by kantongadong: 4:10am On Jul 09, 2012
na
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by kantongadong: 4:11am On Jul 09, 2012
last Year Berom Killed my Father, Today is another person father was killed thank u
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by kantongadong: 4:14am On Jul 09, 2012
corpar pack ur load 2 ur destination, leave JOs

1 Like

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by samregi: 4:49am On Jul 09, 2012
the question remains why people still live in jos.
damn... its just too much. people are being slaughtered as if they are fowls... when will this stop...
well, i still blame those who still chooses to co-inhabitant in JOS.. may God help us..

1 Like

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by olyivy(f): 5:36am On Jul 09, 2012
kantong.adong:
last Year Berom Killed my Father, Today is another person father was killed thank u
What about the year before last year and years before that one. Who killed who FIRST!
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by sammyzacks(m): 5:42am On Jul 09, 2012
so where were the STF when all of that was happening?
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by 9javoice1(m): 5:54am On Jul 09, 2012
The Only way out is the unity between SE/SS/SW/middle belt.

blv this and act on it we will defeat those animals and have permanent peace.
refuse this advice and become a victim in their next killing sprew.

Fulani's never live without shedding blood, how do you think they will stop now.
they can never change.

1 Like

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by 9javoice1(m): 5:57am On Jul 09, 2012
Those who are blaming Gowon,middle belt etc for pogrom and genocide matbe right but your blames is on a wrong time.

This is exactly why we are in this mess, when yorubas has to help igbos they keep blind eye and when igbos has to help yorubas they keep blind eyes.
all in the name of blames. a wise man saves himself while saving a neighbour but a foolish man will blv killing his neighbour serves him right for his mistake.

6 Likes

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by 9javoice1(m): 6:02am On Jul 09, 2012
No hausa/fulani online and outside here, will ever pity the beroms.
they are all same. they can only speak agaisnt the killing before you while rejoicing in their mind.

for them we all are not human

1 Like

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by joey4jo: 6:06am On Jul 09, 2012
samregi: the question remains why people still live in jos.
damn... its just too much. people are being slaughtered as if they are fowls... when will this stop...
well, i still blame those who still chooses to co-inhabitant in JOS.. may God help us..

Why is your grandmother or grandfather. Leaving where there are?
This people are in their villaages, where do you want them to run to? Your own village?
Think please.
meksroland: The greatest mistake in naija is that it was not divided when Ojukwu sort for it. I believe Gowon will be regretting all day. Gowon and his people are now reaping one naija with the same fulanis he fouth with
Another share nigeria activist!
If nigeria was shared, wouldnt plateau be part of the north?
Think please!
Ivynwa:
We are fast reaching the pinnacle of stupidity with these moslems that can't bear to see anybody of a different religion around them. Time to give them their own country for christians to stay alive. What is all these stupidness! Can't they fr*aking do their religion and let others live? Do christians have to die for their god to be praised or what? What is all this? Enough of this madness of unleashing anarchy on the land.
International disgrace!!
Are we not tired of making fools of ourselves before the world cause I am tired of that?
How does it play out in, paint me a picture.
It nigeria is divided, are you tryning to say kaduna, plateau etc would be added to the souther part or what? Its obviously going to be in the north, now are they not indeginous chirstains in this state or not? What do you do with them? Don't you think it will be more dangerous for them?
Think please.
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by Tsmooth1(m): 6:15am On Jul 09, 2012
@lacasa, kai wawa ne Dan Akuya. Y r u tryn to defend ur people Hausa/fulani when it has been proven that they carried out this attack. Yes, I agreed with u whn u said fulani 2 had suffered attack but how many times do they have to revenge, or is revenge d only option?

2 Likes

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by dayokanu(m): 6:17am On Jul 09, 2012
meksroland: The greatest mistake in naija is that it was not divided when Ojukwu sort for it. I believe Gowon will be regretting all day. Gowon and his people are now reaping one naija with the same fulanis he fouth with

The greatest mistake in the history of Nigeria was Nnamdi Azikwe agreeing to be a slave to the North when Awolowo wanted every region to stay alone and include it in the constitution

Azikwe chose to ally with Hausa. Awolowo even agreed to be a junior partner to Azikwe but Zik chose to follow his slave masters

That is what got us all into this mess and we are all suffering for the stupidity and greed of Ibos

2 Likes

Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by koniky: 6:19am On Jul 09, 2012
@samregi v u eva bin 2jos Y do u sit out there n say tins u knw nthng or lil abut I v bin living in jos 4d past 30yrs n countn, a xtain if u must knw al who knw jos (bukuru) shld help lecture sam my house is directly in4rnt of d main mosque in bukuru town n ecwa church directly on d opp. Wen u hear tins try findn out d affected areas r bladi n riyom where d fulanis n beroms v bin on each odas necks ova cattle ownership we shld al stop bin bias wen commentn fulani lives r lost also evryday but no 1 complains but wen beroms r killed its news. R we nt al created by d same God north is @ war cos we refuse 2live alongside eachoda my dad who is igbo has bin in jos ova 50yrs y vnt d muslims we al conderm nt killed him n his family...n 2 those corpers posted 2jos I plead wit u shurn a misguided comments made by pple like sam jos is d best place u can eva serve we stil v a few corpers who after service r stil stayn in jos if u doubt do ur research luk 4 NACC family house jos south... God b wit us all caio
Re: Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 by Anyaugo1(m): 6:21am On Jul 09, 2012
kantong.adong:
corpar pack ur load 2 ur destination, leave JOs
IF LAWMAKERS(politicians) ARE NOT SAFE THERE, THEN HOW SAFE ARE WE CORPS MEMBERS

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

January 24 Declared Holiday For Eid-el-maulud / Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 92nd Birthday Today / 'Stop Herdsmen Killings, Release Leah Sharibu': Christians Protest In Lafia (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.