Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,195 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

I Warned Nigerians About Farouk – Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Warned Nigerians About Farouk – Dino Melaye (593 Views)

"I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi / Senator Dino Melaye And His Vintage Car Spotted In Maitama [photos] / I Warned Dana Air MD About Their Operational Services – Gov Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Warned Nigerians About Farouk – Dino Melaye by rasputinn(m): 6:46am On Jul 09, 2012

[size=14pt]I warned Nigerians about Farouk – Dino Melaye[/size]

Former member of the House of Representatives, Mr. Dino Melaye, is one whose voice or person cannot be hidden on any major issue.

So, given his frontal role in affairs of the House of Representatives in the last assembly where he played diametrically opposite roles with Rep. Farouk Lawan, he became a subject of interest in the review of the unfolding $3 million bribe scandal in the House. Melaye also spoke on the spectre of corruption in the country among other issues. Excerpts:

THIS House seems to have resisted the lure to crisis more than when you were were there. Can you say why?

Dino Melaye

The crisis was sponsored by the Integrity group headed by Farouk Lawan solely to humble Madam Patricia Etteh from office. But do not forget that it was the same Lawan who made it possible for Madam Etteh to become Speaker and when the same Lawan did not get what he demanded, that is becoming the Chairman of Appropriation Committee, he plotted to remove her from office.

Remember that Madam Etteh never stole one kobo. What happened was that all her budgets were anticipatory and Lawan used it against her because the committee he got was that of Education. He never liked it and the woman could not have done otherwise.

Integrity group died

The house Madam Etteh wanted to refurbish for N238million was renovated by Dimeji Bankole for N400million and the same house was eventually sold to him. So if I may ask, where is the integrity now that we have all known that the whole concept was laced with….

But the man tried…..

(Interjects) Tried in what manner. That Integrity Group died immediately after Etteh was removed from office or did you hear that the group ever held one meeting throughout the period it existed? Four weeks before the bubble burst I warned Nigerians that they should not celebrate Farouk yet with the fuel subsidy probe so his fumbling and wobbling in the course of carrying out his legislative functions is no surprise to us that know him too well.

Can you imagine that 14 years after as a national lawmaker, Farouk could descend so low to visit the residence of Femi Otedola a man he was probing? What a shame but Nigerians and Nigeria should be able to separate Farouk from the institution known as the House of Representatives because the 360 Reps took oaths individually.

The primary objective of the probe which is a resolution of the House must not be thrown into the garbage because as the Executive Secretary of an Anti-Corruption body I want the report implemented

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/i-warned-nigerians-about-farouk-dino-melaye-2/
Re: I Warned Nigerians About Farouk – Dino Melaye by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 09, 2012
Prophet elijah angry

(1) (Reply)

Memorable Gaffes By Nigerian Politicians / Our Governors And Their Misplaced Priorities / Nigerian Youth..........any Hope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.