Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Came Home With A Half Barbed Hair - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Came Home With A Half Barbed Hair (1099 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / If Your Spouse Came Home Drunk: Your Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Came Home With A Half Barbed Hair by sounso: 8:59am On Jul 10, 2012
just think i should ask this question. If a your ward return from school with a half barbed hair and you asked what happened.only for him/her to tell you that his/her teacher barbed it that the hair is bushy.what would be your response?
Re: Came Home With A Half Barbed Hair by EfemenaXY: 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
My response would be dependent on the environment where that happened.

In the UK, no teacher would dare do that because they don't have the right to carry out such an act. It would be viewed as an assault on the pupil and that teacher could loose their job. What the school can do however, is send the pupil home to go sort out the issue with their hair and refuse to let him / her back in school until the hair's been fixed properly.

However, in our dear Naija, anything goes.

Question though: What responsible parent would let their kid off to school looking rough? Isn't it the parent's responsibility to ensure that their kids adhere to the school's rules on dressing / appearances? Why push that responsibility onto the school / teacher?
Re: Came Home With A Half Barbed Hair by Ivynwa(f): 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
I was thinking that this may be a case of someone that returned from the barber with a mohawk that is disgusting the poster.

I don't think that you should keep quiet on that, the teacher that did that should be made to understand that that is an abuse and that he/she should not continue doing that to children in this age. They use to do that in schools in the Nineties/eighties, use scissors and roughly cut off hairs off the heads of student just to give their parents/wards a message that the hair is overgrown and that the child should get a haircut.
Decent adults should be able to pass on that information in a decent way, what are they teaching children with that aggressive behavior? They are indirectly telling a child to get aggressive and tear the clothes of others or even cut their shoes if it isn't satisfactory enough. Tell that teacher that that behavior is no more acceptable in this age and time, some human beings take out their frustrations on children in school. A teacher recently spat on a student and as a form of punishment banged her car door on the hands of another student. Very beastly!
Re: Came Home With A Half Barbed Hair by EfemenaXY: 5:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ivynwa: I was thinking that this may be a case of someone that returned from the barber with a mohawk that is disgusting the poster.

I don't think that you should keep quiet on that, the teacher that did that should be made to understand that that is an abuse and that he/she should not continue doing that to children in this age. They use to do that in schools in the Nineties/eighties, use scissors and roughly cut off hairs off the heads of student just to give their parents/wards a message that the hair is overgrown and that the child should get a haircut.
Decent adults should be able to pass on that information in a decent way, what are they teaching children with that aggressive behavior? They are indirectly telling a child to get aggressive and tear the clothes of others or even cut their shoes if it isn't satisfactory enough. Tell that teacher that that behavior is no more acceptable in this age and time, some human beings take out their frustrations on children in school. A teacher recently spat on a student and as a form of punishment banged her car door on the hands of another student. Very beastly!

^^ Well said!

Re: the bolded, I hope those animals didn't get away with it? undecided
Re: Came Home With A Half Barbed Hair by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Came Home With A Half Barbed Hair by ifyalways(f): 4:37am On Jul 11, 2012
Did this actually happen or its merely a figment of someones imagination?
I know anything goes in naija but that does not rule out the golden fact; "who do anyhow dey see anyhow" !
No teacher would try such with my kids.you feel the childs hair is untidy?send her home or send for the parents.its not even an issue worth flogging or punishing a child for cos its not the childs place to sort his or her hair.
Long story short, any teacher that tries such with my child would have his or her head, armpit and even pubic region shaved by paid mad men in the school assembly ground with the whole students as spectators.
Re: Came Home With A Half Barbed Hair by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 11, 2012
That teacher is dead. I swear
Re: Came Home With A Half Barbed Hair by Roland17(m): 6:17am On Jul 11, 2012
Am heading straight to the Teachers house with a Broken Bottle and Scissors so he/she can have a clean hair shave too angry

(1) (Reply)

I Hate My Boss / Is He A Blessing? / Prostate Cancer & Matters Arising - A Must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.