Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,232 members, 7,849,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:39 AM

Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? (13209 Views)

Niger-delta Militants Declare War Against Buhari, Shutting Down Oil Refineries / Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa / Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
wesley80:

Where did I say you wrote the article?

Here's the relationship bw Paul Allens Vulcan Energy and Vulcan Capital

I asked earlier if I was speaking in tongues. Sigh!!!
Again . . .

Paul Allen is associated with Vulcan Energy Corp, Vulcan Inc. and Vulcan Capital Corp. However Paul Allen is not associated with the company, if it exists, that the Nigerian Government claims it signed this MOU with.

The link I provided makes that clear by placing a correction there so those reading the article would not confuse the company they are reading about with those affiliated with Paul Allen.

capital.vulcan.com is Affiliated with Paul Allen BUT IS NOT the company we are looking for. Please contact the following

Andrew Cole
Sard Verbinnen & Co
212-687-8080

Christina Siderius
Vulcan Inc. Media Relations
206-342-2000

http://capital.vulcan.com/Contacts/Index.html
And they will gladly provide you with this information.
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by wesley80(m): 11:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Again . . .

Paul Allen is associated with Vulcan Energy Corp, Vulcan Inc. and Vulcan Capital Corp. However Paul Allen is not associated with the company, if it exists, that the Nigerian Government claims it signed this MOU with.

The link I provided makes that clear by placing a correction there so those reading the article would not confuse the company they are reading about with those affiliated with Paul Allen.

capital.vulcan.com is Affiliated with Paul Allen BUT IS NOT the company we are looking for. Please contact the following

Andrew Cole
Sard Verbinnen & Co
212-687-8080

Christina Siderius
206-342-2000

The link you provided called Vulcan Petroleum an affiliate of Vulcan Capital and I'm certain the correction was done after checks showed they were actually two distinct companies. If the company was phoney as you seem to suggest, I'm sure the Reuters journalists wld have refrained from associating it with any other company.
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Kobojunkie: 11:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
wesley80:

The link you provided called Vulcan Petroleum an affiliate of Vulcan Capital and I'm certain the correction was done after checks showed they were actually two distinct companies. If the company was phoney as you seem to suggest, I'm sure the Reuters journalists wld have refrained from associating it with any other company.

Again,

Kobojunkie:

Again . . .

Andrew Cole
Sard Verbinnen & Co
212-687-8080

Christina Siderius
206-342-2000

I am not speaking in tongues here . . . And the link clearly tells you . . .

(Corrects company name to Vulcan Petroleum, which is not related to Paul Allen's Vulcan Energy)

If someone says IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME, what does that tell you? That it still has something to do with the person? Really??
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by VoodooDoll(m): 11:52pm On Jul 10, 2012
For the avoidance of doubt, Paul Allen's Vulcan PE is based in Seattle and not New York.

There is a certain clown who can neither read, write nor comprehend (Wesley80, I'm looking at you).

Wesley80, please for the sake of your sanity and your family's shame, go and speak with the FGN for your answers.....

Paul Allen does not own the right to "Vulcan" as a name or word, therefore anybody, you, the mad man in Yaba and the Almajiri in Borno can form a Vulcan blah blah and sign one million MOUs... that does not make it Paul Allen's Vulcan...
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Kobojunkie: 11:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
You beat me to it.

Vulcan Capital was formed in 2003 and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. The firm serves as the investment arm of Vulcan Inc., founded by Paul G. Allen, co-founder of Microsoft.

http://capital.vulcan.com/AboutVulcanCapital/Index.html

1 Like

Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by wesley80(m): 12:09am On Jul 11, 2012
VoodooDoll: For the avoidance of doubt, Paul Allen's Vulcan PE is based in Seattle and not New York. There is a certain clown who can neither read, write nor comprehend (Wesley80, I'm looking at you).

Wesley80, please for the sake of your sanity and your family's shame, go and speak with the FGN for your answers.....

You're free to entertain yourself with your clownish antics - its no problem to me, some of us have built a reputation out of putting morons and clowns in their place and it is with good reason that I've chosen to ignore you.

I honestly couldn't care less about Paul Allen being involved or not - it isn't what I seek to establish but my grouse is that in trying to keep him out of this, all you guys 've done is deny Vulcan Petroleum any credibility by totally ignoring its affiliation with Vulcan Capital a company which unfortunately (as it were) has got some ties with Mr Allen. I have my reservations and questions about the entire deal but unlike you hardcore, unrepenant and unapologetic pessimists, I'm staying positive.
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 11, 2012
Just to make matters succinctly clear...

Vulcan Capital Management, based in New York, owns (or has some connection to) the slippery Vulcan entities which continue to evolve between an array of physical states under different names http://www.vulcancapital.com/

Vulcan Capital is housed in Seattle and was founded by Paul Allen in 2003 -- http://capital.vulcan.com/

It is rather interesting, I think, that Paul Allen's crowd has been issuing disclaimers for ventures involving the other Vulcan group for close to 10 years now.

Paul Allen, the billionaire co-founder of Microsoft (nasdaq: MSFT - news - people ) and chairman of Charter Communications (nasdaq: CHTR - news - people ), is to invest $1.6 billion in one of the world's poorest nations, the southern Asia country of Bangladesh. Allen is to pour money into building power and fertilizer plants in Bangladesh-- the country's economy is based on agriculture. Allen will make the investment through a subsidiary of his personal investment vehicle Vulcan Capital, Global Vulcan Energy International. Vulcan will plough $900 million into new gas-run power plants with a total 1,800 megawatts of capacity to help meet Bangladesh's power shortfall. Two plants churning out 140,000 tons of organic fertilizer will set Allen back a further $200 million. Rice, tea, sugarcane, tobacco and wheat are the chief crops in the country, and Bangladesh is also the world's largest producer of jute, a fiber used for baling and sacking. And things are already well underway: Vulcan's president, Ford F. Graham visited possible plant sites last week and met with Bangladeshi officials. <<<False report published by Forbes>>>

<<Correction provided later in the same article>>
Paul Allen's project and investment management firm, Vulcan, issued a release to the media Friday afternoon saying it had no relationship with Global Vulcan Energy Inc, which is a New York based venture capital firm. Vulcan termed the news reports about its involvement in Bangladesh energy and oil well development "completely and categorically false."

Source
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by VoodooDoll(m): 12:19am On Jul 11, 2012
@Wesley80

Whatever man, just don't make stuff up (otherwise known as lying) and try to pass turds as muffins.

We're too far gone in the land of mediocrity to keep applauding gimmicks and infantile gestures wrapped up as "accomplishments". FGN is still populated and led by an incompetent man advised by even more incompetent clowns.

I got involved in debunking this particular turd the 40 laptop crew were laying because I could personally debunk it.
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by wesley80(m): 12:22am On Jul 11, 2012
^^ And you think you have? Seriously? Which Circus do you perform? I'm sure the kids wld love your show!
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by wesley80(m): 12:30am On Jul 11, 2012
eGuerrilla: Just to make matters succinctly clear...

Vulcan Capital Management, based in New York, owns (or has some connection to) the slippery Vulcan entities which continue to evolve between an array of physical states under different names http://www.vulcancapital.com/

Vulcan Capital is housed in Seattle and was founded by Paul Allen in 2003 -- http://capital.vulcan.com/

It is rather interesting, I think, that Paul Allen's crowd has been issuing disclaimers for ventures involving the other Vulcan group for close to 10 years now.

Source

This wld only become an issue when a certain individual clled Paul Allen is mentioned when he's got nothing to do with the venture. Ford Graham and Kevin Davies chair some other Vulcan group which has a decent record - never forget that.
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 11, 2012
wesley80:

This wld only become an issue when a certain individual clled Paul Allen is mentioned when he's got nothing to do with the venture. Ford Graham and Kevin Davies chair some other Vulcan group which has a decent record - never forget that.

It beats me how you can continue to speak in riddles when it has been made abundantly clear that the other group has failed to deliver on a much smaller project in Sokoto.
There is absolutely no harm in admitting you are vacant on the question posed to begin with, you know.
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 11, 2012
Should the Nigerian government have signed a MOU with a company like Vulcan Petroleum Resources?
[img]http://4.bp..com/-oRwwA8nOmmI/TccC0HpklqI/AAAAAAAAAJo/TWMXpWxt1ug/s1600/you+decide.jpg[/img]
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by wesley80(m): 12:43am On Jul 11, 2012
eGuerrilla:

It beats me how you can continue to speak in riddles when it has been made abundantly clear that the other group has failed to deliver on a much smaller project in Sokoto.
There is absolutely no harm in admitting you are vacant on the question posed to begin with, you know.

Please remind me, what company was it that built the Lagos independent power project during the time of Tinubu?
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 11, 2012
wesley80:

Please remind me, what company was it that built the Lagos independent power project during the time of Tinubu?

You are more than capable of setting out your stall, by responding directly to some of the concerns raised on this thread.
If you've got useful information to pass on - to assuage minds - then please feel free to do so.

Though I may be wrong, since your preference appears to be as obtuse as possible, I will indulge you just this once but won't do so again.

Four years after huge investment Lagos power plants scarcely work

Written by Mohammed Shosanya & Femi Akinola, Lagos Sunday, 30 October 2011 05:00
Lagos, the commercial nerve centre of the country has a couple of Independent Power Projects (IPPs) some of which are either poorly operational or yet to fully come alive after gulping billions of naira.

These are: 270MW AES Power Project in Ikorodu, 10MW Lagos Island Power Project, Chevron Agura Power Plant in Ikorodu, Oando’s Power Plant in Akute and Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) Power Plant in Ikeja.

AES Power Plant

In 2000, former Governor Bola Tinubu partnered with AES Nigeria to build an Independent Power Plant to generate 270MW for Lagos residents. The power generated was consumed locally but later transmitted to the national grid due to some challenges in the operational framework in the energy sector.

Sources said the plant’s generation capacity may have dwindled in recent time due to erratic gas supply from escravos. Residents of Ikorodu, where it is cited attested to the low supply of electricity there as a result of the drop in the plant’s generation capacity

Lagos Island Power Project

The Island Power Project is to generate 10MW and is located on Marina, opposite the General Hospital. Two years ago, the Lagos State Government (LASG) entered into a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with Island Power Limited (a part of Negris Group) to build, own and operate a power plant to provide 24-hour uninterrupted power supply to the General Hospital, Lagos Island; High Court, Catholic Mission Street; High Court Annex, TBS; Magistrates Court, Igbosere Street; Island Maternity Hospital, Lagos Island; State House, Marina; and to power street lights for 20 streets within Lagos Island, an 18km dedicated underground distribution network, all being powered using gas engines.

The plant comprises four units of 1.5MW MWM gas engines and units of 2MW MWM diesel engines. The Island Power Project was expected to increase the frequency of power supply to these facilities from 35 percent to 100 percent.

The project which was commissioned in May this year, is to help reduce environmental pollution as the plant runs on Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).

According to the Lagos State Government, the development will lead to the eradication of 30 diesel and petrol generators of various sizes thus ensuring cleaner air and reduction in noise pollution. Most of these expectations, residents say are yet to met.

Oando Akute Independent Power Plant

Last year, Oando Plc, one of the nation’s indigenous energy group commissioned its first IPP, Akute Power to supply stable electricity to the Lagos Water Corporation (LWC). The 12.15 megawatt plant was expected to power LWC’s main water intake facility, including two other facilities with a combined installed capacity of 125 million gallons of water per day. The $25.5 million project was finance by Fidelity Bank, one of Nigeria’s leading financial institutions.

According to the company, the project included the construction of a 13km gas pipeline from Oando’s existing natural gas grid in Lagos to supply fuel to the power plant. It added that the gas-fuelled IPP is eco-friendly and enables an immediate increase in capacity utilisation of LWC whilst creating substantial savings for the LWC in annual energy cost.

At the commissioning, Mr Wale Tinubu, Group Chief Executive, Oando Plc said the IPP is a significant milestone for Oando, marking its entry into the Nigerian power sector and another major step in the development of our mid and down-stream business.

Similarly, Mr Babatunde Fashola, the Executive Governor of Lagos State said, “This project is a classic example of how public private partnerships can benefit the people: It means that by shifting from diesel to gas, we are saving 27 percent of our energy cost to provide water, which translates to about $11,000 of taxpayer’s money daily and $3.9 million annually.” This plant is as well not run in full capacity.

Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN)Power Plant

In 2008, the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) unveiled plans to spend $200million on its IPP.

The Chairman Infrastructure Committee, MAN, Engineer Odiah was reported to have said what the association’s plan now is to at least generate between 120 and 150 megawatts of electricity between now and a couple of months.

According to him, the main target for now is Ikeja and its environ. “What we plan now is between 120 and 150 megawatt and this will cost us about $200 million. We realized that most of the industries are situated in Ikeja and its environs, so this is the reason why we target that area for now. One thing we must learn is that it is not cheap, it is capital intensive, so we need to do it bit by bit.” he was quoted to have said.

Three years after the plan was unveiled, the plant is yet to come on stream. When contacted, Director-General MAN, Mr Jide Mike told our correspondent that he has no information on the power plant.

Chevron’s Agura Power Plant

Multinational oil company, Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) in 2007 unveiled its groundbreaking ceremony for a 780-megawatt power plant in Agura area of Ikorodu in Lagos.

This combined cycle power generating plant is slated to be up and running in early 2009. When fully operational it was to bring electricity to consumers.

The company described the development as part of its strategy to optimally utilize its gas resources and further business expansion. It added that the plant would require about 120 million cubic feet per day (Mmcf/d) of gas, which is expected to be supplied by its Escravos-Lagos gas pipeline.

NNPC has the major stake of 60 percent in the project, while Chevron retains the remaining 40 percent. At an oil and gas conference in Abuja last year, the company’s Managing Director, Andrew Fawthop reiterated the commitment of Chevron to build the power plant.

Chevron’s General Public and Government Affairs Officer, Engineer Femi Odumabo could not confirm to our correspondent as at press time the state of work on the plant.

Lagos pledges more IPPs

Meanwhile, the Lagos State government has promised to embark on construction of more IPPs.

Fashola made the promise when the Chief Executive Officer of the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) Dr. Sam Amadi leading top management staff of the commission paid a courtesy visit to the governor.

Fashola who lamented acute shortage of gas to the plants so far built expressed need for government and major stakeholders to collaborate in the area of gas supply to the plants.

He said the state government is considering building independent power plants that would power the seat of power located in Alausa, industrial and residential estates.

According to the governor, government had done a power audit of the industrial estates and cluster to know the electricity power requirements in the strategic areas.

Earlier, the Chief Executive Officer of NERC observed that Lagos state requires about 6,000 Mega watts of electricity to function effectively.

NERC said it has issued over 30 licenses to Independent Power Producers in the country in the drive to up electricity generation and supply.

Source
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Kobojunkie: 3:02am On Jul 11, 2012
wesley80: I honestly couldn't care less about Paul Allen being involved or not - it isn't what I seek to establish but my grouse is that in trying to keep him out of this, all you guys 've done is deny Vulcan Petroleum any credibility by totally ignoring its affiliation with Vulcan Capital a company which unfortunately (as it were) has got some ties with Mr Allen. I have my reservations and questions about the entire deal but unlike you hardcore, unrepenant and unapologetic pessimists, I'm staying positive.

Let's start with a question for you. Where is your evidence that Vulcan Petroleum is affiliated with Vulcan Capital CORP. cause Vulcan Capital corp. is Paul Allen's company.

Ford's Vulcan Capital Management is the company that was fingered in the article on Sokoto Project . . impeccable, right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_Capital_Management

Vulcan Energy International, LLC - Created in 2003, Vulcan Energy International (VEI) provides power plant solutions and services to customers world-wide. VEI’s projects include Vulcan Elvaton Limited, which in 2008 was contracted by the Sokoto State government of Nigeria to build a $25 million (N3.8 billion) 30 megawatts gas turbine power station.[11] and GVEI, which announced in 2005 the investment of more than $1.6 billion in power production, coal mining and fertilizer production in Bangladesh.[12]
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Gbawe: 4:38am On Jul 11, 2012
wesley80:

You're free to entertain yourself with your clownish antics - its no problem to me, some of us have built a reputation out of putting morons and clowns in their place and it is with good reason that I've chosen to ignore you.

I honestly couldn't care less about Paul Allen being involved or not - it isn't what I seek to establish but my grouse is that in trying to keep him out of this, all you guys 've done is deny Vulcan Petroleum any credibility by totally ignoring its affiliation with Vulcan Capital a company which unfortunately (as it were) has got some ties with Mr Allen. I have my reservations and questions about the entire deal but unlike you hardcore, unrepenant and unapologetic pessimists, I'm staying positive.

I have read your submissions with amusement. No one is trying to "keep" Allen out of anything. Perhaps you would realise this if you are not simply confused while, as usual , your egotistic stubbornness, displayed too many times on this forum, will not allow you to graciously admit you don't know what you are talking about. It is pathetic to continue arguing blindly for the sake of it.

Vulcan Capital Management , founded in 1997 by Ford Graham and Kevin Davis, has absolutely nothing to do with Vulcan Inc founded in 1986 by Paul Allen !!! Indeed, Wikipedia makes this crystal clear:

History
Vulcan Capital Management (not to be confused with Vulcan Inc. founded by Paul Allen) was founded in 1997 by Ford Graham and Kevin Davis. Since its founding in 1997, Vulcan has completed over 35 transactions worldwide, with a value exceeding $800 million through its family of partner funds and portfolio firms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_Inc.

Vulcan Inc.
Type Private
Founded 1986
Headquarters Seattle, Washington, USA
Owner(s) Paul Allen
Subsidiaries Charter Communications, Rose City Radio Corporation, Seattle Seahawks, Portland Trail Blazers, Mojave Aerospace Ventures (among others)
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by wesley80(m): 7:09am On Jul 11, 2012
eGuerrilla:

You are more than capable of setting out your stall, by responding directly to some of the concerns raised on this thread.
If you've got useful information to pass on - to assuage minds - then please feel free to do so.

Though I may be wrong, since your preference appears to be as obtuse as possible, I will indulge you just this once but won't do so again.

Four years after huge investment Lagos power plants scarcely work

Source

Yeah thanks. Sorry it took this long - had to do the needful. I actually was thinking about the Enron barge power project a deal that completely went sour and which AES had a major hand in as a partner to now liquidated Enron. My point? One bad deal/project doesn't necessarily translate to complete incompetence. Why would anyone ignore an investor that has on its own promised to pour in billions of dollars into your economy simply cos it has a failed project somewhere in your country?
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by wesley80(m): 7:28am On Jul 11, 2012
Gbawe:

Vulcan Capital Management , founded in 1997 by Ford Graham and Kevin Davis, has absolutely nothing to do with Vulcan Inc founded in 1986 by Paul Allen !!! Indeed, Wikipedia makes this crystal clear:

Granted. Now what's this whole thread about? That Ford Graham and Kevin Davis' Vulcan group are incapable of delivering 6 new refineries in Nigeria cos they had a bad deal in Sokoto and that Vulcan could actually be phoney right? The opening piece portrayed both men as conmen and their country chair as a hater of everything Nigerian which could be true for all I care, but what really are the questions over this deal? Capacity, competence or pedigree? Tell me why Ford Graham and Kevin Davis's Vulcan should be bad news to Nigeria - Ok I get it now; Sokoto!
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Demdem(m): 9:30am On Jul 11, 2012
Another fraud in the making and yet someone will tell me here that the Retardeen knows what he is doing?
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by na2day(m): 9:51am On Jul 11, 2012
@op
Another monumental scam!
shocked All Hail Corruptiontopia! - Nigeria shocked
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by erniok(m): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2012
@demdem, ur hatred for GEJ is taking another dimension. This is Sokoto Govt involved. Prof Barth Nnaji did not sign the contract, it was signed by the secretary †☺ the state govt. Read the piece again.

All theses happen in Naija cos the people neva demand the leaders †☺ be accountable for every dime spent in office.  believe Sokoto state govt still has elders forum who should petition the appropriate authorities †☺ get justice as its obvious D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̅☂ the coy was out ab initio †☺ defraud the state aided by incompetent civil servant who should be cooling his heels behind jail.

Howbeit, the writer has personal grudges with Vulcan and should have separated facts from emotions. It makes the write  look like 'm out †☺ ge U̶̲̥̅̊ stuff.
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Kobojunkie: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2012
erniok: @demdem, ur hatred for GEJ is taking another dimension. This is Sokoto Govt involved. Prof Barth Nnaji did not sign the contract, it was signed by the secretary †☺ the state govt. Read the piece again.

All theses happen in Naija cos the people neva demand the leaders †☺ be accountable for every dime spent in office.  believe Sokoto state govt still has elders forum who should petition the appropriate authorities †☺ get justice as its obvious D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̅☂ the coy was out ab initio †☺ defraud the state aided by incompetent civil servant who should be cooling his heels behind jail.

Howbeit, the writer has personal grudges with Vulcan and should have separated facts from emotions. It makes the write  look like 'm out †☺ ge U̶̲̥̅̊ stuff.

Are you joking? So the Government does not even do simple research work before it signs contracts/MOUS and it is the fault of the people?? undecided undecided undecided This small investigation done by Nigerians in diaspora in less than 24 hours could not have been done by Government officials we expend millions of dollars on each year? And what's even worse, there is evidence, right there in the country that the Vulcan this MOU is being signed with might be the same Vulcan that essentially defrauded Sokoto Government but boasts of an achievement on it's wiki page and here you are blaming the citizens for this?

Why is the Presidency claiming it as it's achievement IF we are not to blame him at all for this? undecided undecided undecided

Personal Grudges with Vulcan? I am one second away from labeling you a dingbat and ridding myself of all hope that you will ever get it.
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Bawss1(m): 11:30am On Jul 11, 2012
erniok: @demdem, ur hatred for GEJ is taking another dimension. This is Sokoto Govt involved. Prof Barth Nnaji did not sign the contract, it was signed by the secretary †☺ the state govt. Read the piece again.

Is this supposed to be in defense of Vulcan?

Try again
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by debosky(m): 11:30am On Jul 11, 2012
Why do we need four refineries from Vulcan? What happened to the 3 greenfield refineries that would be built in partnership with the Chinese?

Only in Nigeria do you have such a ridiculous number of paper-refineries which never see the light of day.

Over 20 licenses have been issued, no refinery is operational, but some corrupt MOFOs want us to believe that Vulcan fraudsters will be the ones to change things?

Let them keep deceiving themselves.

1 Like

Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Kobojunkie: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2012
Now I am moved to investigate the Greenfield deal and any other deal I can. If Vulcan is legit, it should be forced to present some evidence of it's existence rather than be allowed to go on like this. How can a multi-billon dollar firm not even get it's own names right?

Any Nigerian here in NY? Please help us visit the office of Vulcan Capital Management in downtown NY now. Make we at least make sure say no be store room or something of that nature. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Olaone1: 11:59am On Jul 11, 2012
In politics I trust

So help me God
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by debosky(m): 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2012
@ Kobo

I don't even think this latest 'Vulcan Petroleum' is related to the NY or Seattle Vulcans - it appears to be a completely different company based out of California:

http://www.yellowpages.com/commerce-ca/mip/vulcan-petroleum-co-582276

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Commerce-CA/Vulcan-Petroleum-CO-L2064045147.htm

They seem to be lubricant distributors and nothing else - from lubricant distributors to building 6 refineries? cheesy

Naija magomago has moved to a different level entirely. grin grin

Now seriously, the company allegedly building 6 refineries is Vulcan Petroleum Resources Limited - I haven't seen any information available affiliating this firm with the NY or Seattle Vulcans, other than the attribution in the Reuters report. Even Vulcan Capital's website bears no information indicating it is affiliated with Vulcan Petroleum Resources Limited.
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Kobojunkie: 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
No, I don't think Vulcan Petroleum Co is Vulcan Petroleum Resources. I called a couple of the numbers I found and was finally told they, Vulcan Petroleum Co. had no dealings with Nigeria.

My gut says Vulcan Capital Management may have a hand in it since it is the same Vulcan that screwed up in Sokoto but on it's wiki claims that it did the work. However, I have no proof since Vulcan Petroleum Resources is listed nowhere, and everytime I have called the number I found for Vulcan Capital Management, the voice on the answering machine says to leave a message for Amwell. I googled the office location and it is on East 52nd in NY, but only thing left is to get someone to visit and confirm if that one is real or not.
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2012
debosky: @ Kobo

I don't even think this latest 'Vulcan Petroleum' is related to the NY or Seattle Vulcans - it appears to be a completely different company based out of California:

http://www.yellowpages.com/commerce-ca/mip/vulcan-petroleum-co-582276

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Commerce-CA/Vulcan-Petroleum-CO-L2064045147.htm

They seem to be lubricant distributors and nothing else - from lubricant distributors to building 6 refineries? cheesy

Naija magomago has moved to a different level entirely. grin grin

Now seriously, the company allegedly building 6 refineries is Vulcan Petroleum Resources Limited - I haven't seen any information available affiliating this firm with the NY or Seattle Vulcans.

The link between Vulcan Energy LLC and Vulcan Petroleum Resource is Jim Mansfield (current VP of the later company)
He appears on a list of military hardware suppliers here and also a different spreadsheet I found yesterday

VULCAN ENERGY SOLUTIONS LLC, 702-228-5990, 619-335-6925, 212-980-9510, FGRAHAM@VULCANCAPITAL.COM, TECHSOLMANSFIELD@YAHOO.COM

The Minister of Trade and Investment, Olusegun Aganga, signed the contracts on behalf of the Federal Government, while Vice-President/Director, Vulcan Petroleum Resources Limited, Jim Mansfield and the Chairman, Petroleum Refining and Strategic Reserve Limited, Chief Edozie Njoku, signed on behalf of their companies respectively.
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Gbawe: 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2012
Demdem: Another fraud in the making and yet someone will tell me here that the Retardeen knows what he is doing?

My brothers reasonable folks are left with no other conclusion.

If we have decided to go the PPP route with our refineries then, if an ambitious Nation now under progressive-minded leadership, why not naturally initiate a transparent and public process to gauge interest considering that every time similar ideas has been mooted in the past, the reaction from many established and reputable operators was "very positive" to put it lightly?

What prompted this "shotgun" marriage Aganga has now come up with and the FG has quickly put pen to paper on? Vulcan Capital Management is listed primarily as a "private equity investment firm" with offered products to include leveraged buyout, mergers and acquisition, Venture capital, Growth capital and Mezzanine capital.

Aganga (another crook in my opinion) and the FG's real intentions must be called into question with how they settled quickly and highly non-transparently on assets and funds managers, albeit with interest in oil and gas, as preferred partners when an established core Engineering firm with specific interest in building, running and maintaining refineries would be a far better fit. Remember we are talking about the 7th biggest producer of crude in the entire world and not some outpost African nation with a population of 1 million !!!!

Vulcan's traditional commitment and scope of operation (look below) saw them, by their own admission, always happy to invest $10-$300 million. How has Vulcan made the jump to dabbling in multi billion dollar schemes? Why the massive difference for them once Nigeria is involved? Is it "jackpot"? Would it have anything to do with planned future scams since this deal involves a very corrupt Nation that shuns transparent and very accomplished companies to deliberately seek out those with chequered histories?

Is it not obvious that Aganga, with a background in hedge fund management, may be operating according to a brief of finding a vehicle/partners he understands (same background) and can work with to facilitate the corruption and 419ning of Nigeria that the GEJ Government is now becoming famous for? A Private equity company when the search should be for a core engineering concern?

Does anyone seriously think Vulcan will get a look in , let alone be a preferred partner to Nigeria if a public declaration of interest was the only method used to select the best and most capable , on merit, to build refineries for the 7th largest producer of crude in the world?

http://www.vulcancapital.com/investments.html

Sector Focus
Vulcan seeks partners with strong management skills, growth potential and market positioning. It invests between $10 million and $300 million on selected transactions in the following sectors:

Coal
Energy
Energy Technology
Financial Services
Green Technologies
Natural Resources
Oil & Gas
Power
Technology
Transaction Strategies
Vulcan employs various transaction strategies including:

Distressed Restructurings
Growth Capital Investments
Leveraged and Management Buyouts
Mezzanine Investments
Recapitalizations
Structured Equity Investments

Controversies

Vulcan, its various subsidiaries and management team have been involved in numerous lawsuits with allegations ranging from breaches of contract to fraud and bribery to RICO claims
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by ismhab(m): 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2012
I don't think so.
Re: Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? by Tonitelli: 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
And so beaf and the 40 laptop bandits e.g dedeike and wesley80 ....retreat to restrategise.....and fight anoda day.....or anoda thread......as the case may be....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aregbesola Attends Nasfat's Rahmadan Lecture / Breaking News - Elections Cancelled. Fresh elections- Obi vs...BAT! / Soldiers Beat Policeman To Coma In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.