Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid (13264 Views)

Woman Working At A Building Site In Lagos (Photo) / When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? / Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by sperocloud: 10:00am On Dec 04, 2007
Am Working, And Am Not Being Paid. They Say I Should Not Make A Sound About It.

I am a student currently doing his industrial training with NNPC (IDSL) meaning integrated data services. I started July *** and it is a six months programme. I am entitled to a lunch subsidy which has been monetized to 8,800 naira monthly.

I have been here for 5 months which I am ending this December but I have been paid for just 3 months while there are people i started before of which they collect their money monthly without even coming to work during working days except when the month ends.

What do I do? because the managements are aware but are not doing any thing about it because it all politics in the place. What do I do I really need this money as I am going into my final year because of my project.
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by xammy(m): 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2007
if u do not make a sound it means u have been jax. and u better wakeup. my advice is that u allow the money to accumulate to last day u r surppose to leave. then, my brother create a seen at the office follow by a treath that u are going to sue after this my guy, just send my share .
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by blaznhot: 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2008
babe, dats how its done.am also currently workn in nnpc,napims lagos.am 3 mnths i.t and am nt being paid.nnpc pays only 1 year i.t.blive me,u shld have done it in a bank.guess ur in engineering,uniben
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by onyekang1(f): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2008
A whole NNPC na waoh!
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by onyekang1(f): 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2008
A whole NNPC na waoh!
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by deor03(m): 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2008
Were you told about payment before you accepted the offer? Are you learning anything at all in NNPC?

I think that should be more of concern to you right now. I have colleagues doing internship here in the UK at masters level and are not being paid a dime.

1 Like

Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by moche: 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2008
Hi Sperocloud. After reading your complaints, i wondered how you expect Nairaland to help you. The only benefit you will get is more knocks and jibes for a company that's not enjoying the best of goodwill at the moment.

I work with NNPC and am currently posted to Benin so i have some knowledge about what goes on. I am pretty sure you were told at the start of your Industrial Attachment that you will not be paid if you are spending less than a year.It might be harsh but its a company policy.However,ALL Industrial attachees are paid i think about 8k monthly as their monetised Lunch.Thats about 400Naira for Lunch alone. You are entiltled to this and you confirmed that you have been paid for 3months. So why did it stop? Are u the only one affected?  Did u also bother to ask the anybody why you have not been paid and others have been paid? You even claimed that some people who rarely come to the office get paid. I disagree with you here cos i have not seen any IT  in my department abstain from work without permission and go scot free.Its almost impossible. I said almost cos this is Nigeria where a lot happens and if it it did happen,its definetely against the norm as you tried to make people believe.

Here is another flaw in your allegations.The management knows about it yet some people come at the end of the month just to pick up their pay.I wonder how that happens.Is it that the management knows about your isolated case or they know about the fact that some people who dont come to work get paid.Sperocloud,here is my advice. Go to HR and FAD tomorrow to confirm why you have not been paid for 2months. Its most likely there is mix up somewhere.NNPC is a company commited to treating its employees both permanent and temporary humanely.Our record speaks for us and we always have to turn a lot of Industrial attachment application down each year. Sperocloud,kindly do the right thing and give us an update here.

Meanwhile, i noticed you made this post by 10oclock in the morning.Were u not supposed to be too be busy to browse the net by then?

@Seun.This post is 1 month,6 days old.Well,controversies sell a lot.

1 Like

Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by Seun(m): 4:46pm On Jan 10, 2008
@Seun. This post is 1 month, 6 days old. Well,controversies sell a lot
Yeah. Oops.
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by presido1: 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2008
Yeah i did mine some years back at NNPC falomo, it was for 3 months and they stated it that we are not going to be paid. If they told you same then they are in the right direction but if they told you that you will be paid and the amount please ask for your alawi. As par learnng anything i think know, you only enjoy there food and free transport with all those dangote coasters. I had then that NNPC pay #150 naira for each seat inside the coaster each day wheather occupied or not is not there biz.
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by bankyiie(m): 6:12pm On Jan 10, 2008
moche:

Hi Sperocloud. After reading your complaints, i wondered how you expect Nairaland to help you. The only benefit you will get is more knocks and jibes for a company that's not enjoying the best of goodwill at the moment.

Meanwhile, i noticed you made this post by 10oclock in the morning.Were u not supposed to be too be busy to browse the net by then?

@Seun.This post is 1 month,6 days old.Well,controversies sell a lot.

hey!!! Mr Boss take it easy on the poor student.
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by eazyman(m): 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2008
My brother take it eazy, okay, NNPC as a whole is a political organisation cuz employment, appointment, etc is done by politics, so i'm not surprised bout your treatment, let me ask you; HOW DID YOU GET YOUR IT PLACEMENT, is it not thru CONNECTION? so just cool down and complete your IT and leave in peace, afterall that allowee cant solve your project expenses. So leave in peace cuz you may apply to work there 2moro.
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by obua: 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2008
The coasters are probably paid for on a daily basis. 150 per seat will mean about 4500/per day which is  very low, so that is a lie
My advise to IT students is to make the best honest use of your time in any comapny you are doing IT.
Many Nigerians  do not have the opportunity to do IT at all because there are vey few places to do it.
I served in PHRC in 1997 .We were entitled to 1k monthly as corper allowance while lunch was not monetised. The food was good for a corper and we did not complain.
I spent my free time in the Staff Library and crisscrossed all maintenance areas of the plant.
With knowledge, I gained there I was able to pass 2 interviews and test while still serving with First Aluminum and Shell
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by presido1: 6:55pm On Jan 10, 2008
obua:

The coasters are probably paid for on a daily basis. 150 per seat will mean about 4500/per day which is very low, so that is a lie
My advise to IT students is to make the best honest use of your time in any comapny you are doing IT.
Many Nigerians do not have the opportunity to do IT at all because there are vey few places to do it.
I served in PHRC in 1997 .We were entitled to 1k monthly as corper allowance while lunch was not monetised. The food was good for a corper and we did not complain.
I spent my free time in the Staff Library and crisscrossed all maintenance areas of the plant.
With knowledge, I gained there I was able to pass 2 interviews and test while still serving with First Aluminum and Shell
What is a lie? You made ur calcultion on 30 seats per coaster, is 4500 small money to make in a day in 1998 the multiply it with around 50 coasters or more which is coming to 225000naira p/day. You are dumb by making that bolded statement. I wonder whom your employer is.
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by obua: 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2008
Presido1,
No need to be insultive.
When I see who you were dancing in the picture you submitted, fear catch me[color=#990000][/color]In 1998, a Toyota coaster bus cost about N5 million ,now it cost about N8m.
We were told that PHRC was hiring a toyota coaster for 19k per day. These days most coasters will go for 25-35k per day in Portharcourt market.
In 1998, about N80 exchanged for $1, now it is about N120.
In 1998 a 30 seater coaster bus could fetch about 30k for afull trip to Lagos from Portharcourt, so why give it to NNPC at 4.5k per a day.
Now a coaster can fetch up to 100k for the same trip for a transporter.
I rest my case
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by toba1909(m): 10:33pm On Jan 10, 2008
A friend of mine did his I.T @ NNPC Falomo in 2005
Apart from the food,transport and free calls
He benefitted nothing,at least he gained some experience there
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by rafcrown(m): 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2008
My friend is that INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT OR VOLUNTARY SERVICE?
THE PROBLEM IS NOT WITH THE COMPANY BUT
WITH SOME HEARTLESS ,SHAMELESS ,SENSELESS,INHUMAN PEOPLE ON TOP
IF I GET SOMEBODY ON ATTACHMENT IN MY SMALL BUSINESS OUTFIT
I WILL TREAT THE PERSON BETTER .
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by edatika(m): 11:33am On Jan 11, 2008
i guess the IT thing was not and is not by force,
once u are told the terms
its either u accept or reject abi,

but mind you, its better u gain something
from you IT.
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by ollykay(m): 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2008
nairalanders, i don't think there is any advise or what so ever for this guy as my friend will put it 'campaign after vote'. the question is? has he not been told the rules before going on the tranning by the this is trainning for crying out loud. he is got alot to gain aside from money. i'm presently in NAPIMS JV OPS a subsidiary of NNPC and i'm happy being there even if i ain't getting 'chichi' yet i tends to lay my mark on the sand of time.
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by GMG(m): 8:11pm On Jan 11, 2008
Well my dear friend,

I will start by saying that you have not made the good use of the IT you are doing at NNPC and it seems what is important to you is the money instead of making connection and seeking for opportunity to create a good friendship with the staff there. You should be more concerned with after school not the immediate gain.

I did my placement in the UK with a company, I counted this as a great opportunity for me not that I was better than other who could not get one and international student for that matter, but I did it and before long I made good friends and created a good impression which I believed changed their impression about Nigerians.

Why did I do that? Is because of reference for my next job should I need this. This is what you should be concerned about now and understanding our country, you need to be in good term with others. Also, by doing this, you can approach qualified people at work for advice and this might even help you in your final year and project.

If I were you, I will approach the matter with care and speak nicely to HR if there could be anything that can be done for you. So be appreciative for the opportunity and make the most use of it.

All the best in your final year and wishing you a successful career.
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by okeyz(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2008
look my guy you made a big mistake by going for 6 months IT at IDSL ,you are even lucky that they are paying you something.
I served at IDSL and i can tell you that the company pays only one year IT intakes only!!!
ask your colleagues that have been recieving their monthly pay ,they maight have put in for a one year industrila training ,even if they are going to stay for only six months and after the six months they will still be collecting their pay cos their ID card reads one year!!!, true there is heavy politics but if you humble your self and talk to some middle level oga's maybe they might help but its never gauranteed that you will get it .
So guy you made a mistake by writing one year and i dont think there is any thing you will learn from IDSL apart from carrying payment vouchers,going for lunch,taking the companies bus home,indulging in office gossip undecided
The company hardly involve IT's in their core operation which is Data processing ,you would have been better off at NPDC,cos thats the exploration and production unit of NNPC.
so i wish you luck in your endeavours,forget about what they are paying and look forward to the future with high hopes and dreams,
you didn't mention your course of study?

1 Like

Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by nkybabe: 11:29am On Jan 14, 2008
Sperocloud, Moche said it all.Thats exactly what u should do.Am currently doing ma IT in NNPC Abuja.
six months r being paid btm 8k and 8.8k.So U find out from HR 2 kn if d problem is peculiar 2 u alone
or 2 ur fellow SIWES.Don't jst take any advice as somebody who is not in the system won't kn what is obtainable
in the system.Gudluk.

1 Like

Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by depromise: 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2008
Have you found a solution to your problem yet?, have you been paid?, anyway amvery sorry for nt replying you earlier, I know u accept my apology. My own idea is that, you should report to the school that sent u away for industrial trainng then you wait and see what readtion they will take but if they did not do anything, then i will want you to pray and commit them into the hands of god,

Thanks, that is my own little idea.

Bye:-h
smiley
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by FKseun(m): 7:06pm On Jan 15, 2008
@poster
From the look of things, your post was done with an hidden agenda. Companies have the right to make policies that suits their operations. You were obviously informed from the outset of your entitlements during the 6months IT. At least you acknowledged that you are being paid lunch allowance. I bet you won't admit it that you also join the NNPC staff bus to/from work. Don't grumble over nothing. NNPC is a government ministry! You should be grateful that you even have a slot for your industrial training there. You are already boosting your CV. Learn what you can while there and move on! Good luck.
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by Saluscs: 1:23pm On Jan 19, 2008
i dont think u are serious on that, u can be working in NNPC without pay.may be there is another pay somewere
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by lordmassac(m): 11:24am On Feb 01, 2008
no mind them. monkey dey work baboon dey work embarassed angry
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by dunskky: 10:41am On Feb 05, 2008
it is unfortunate that you have found yourself in hat mess.But a question i would like to as you is that is it that you are entitled to the salary with aggreemet or its your entitlement?This will diccourage more people cos the firm should have been a good place to make money.Anyway log on to www.fg.ng to file your claim.
Re: I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid by rosebudaustine: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
Please fellow nairalanders, I would appreciate anyone who has had a form of internship programme with an oil company be it shell, nnpc, total,n elf or any one to please direct me on how to go about it. Thank you so much.

(1) (Reply)

Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! / What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.