Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? (14160 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / Men, Do You Consider A Woman's Boob Size? / Why Would You Consider A Second Wife ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Tyche(m): 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2012
ms pookie:

u should care! if shes SS, U r liable to have one or more amongst yr kids, except in rare cases.
AA & SS will not have a single SS.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
norrisman:

I dont believe this is possible. I believe AA and SS can only produce AS not AA or SS. i am willing to be educated though

Regards
AA and AS can produce anything but SS... cheesy
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
norrisman:

I dont believe this is possible. I believe AA and SS can only produce AS not AA or SS. i am willing to be educated though

Regards
AA and AS can produce anything but SS... cheesy
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
izeek: [s]Sickle cell is just like any other disease out there, [/s]and so shudn't be made the alpha decision when settling down!

When u r inlove, its mostly ur feelings that count!
Am not saying it shud not be discussed, neither am I saying it shud be ignored, however am saying it takes more that genotype to breakup a strong union!

Am married to an as, and also as, and believe it or not we have two beautiful kids, a boy and a girl and they r both aa.

I av test results to show for them, before someone here says it me speaking by faith!

Its u and ur spouse really! Not ur folks, sibblings or even friends!

No sir. . .Anaemia is a genetical defect which is encoded in the DNA of affected parent and passed to successive offsprings.It's not like HIV or plasmodium of malaria cuz it has to do with the gene ! So watch before you leap.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by glimpse(f): 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2012
izeek: Sickle cell is just like any other disease out there, and so shudn't be made the alpha decision when settling down!

When u r inlove, its mostly ur feelings that count!
Am not saying it shud not be discussed, neither am I saying it shud be ignored, however am saying it takes more that genotype to breakup a strong union!

Am married to an as, and also as, and believe it or not we have two beautiful kids, a boy and a girl and they r both aa.

I av test results to show for them, before someone here says it me speaking by faith!

Its u and ur spouse really! Not ur folks, sibblings or even friends!

guy,i jst advice dat u dnt av anyoda child...my fwendz aunt has 2 ss children,u can jst imagine wat shez goin thru...coupled wit d fact dat ha husband doesnt av a job. As 4 me,i av 2 knw ur genotype cos i am AS.Dnt wana b involved wit 'crisis' SHIKENA!

2 Likes

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Fourcade(m): 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
Bash Me:

Wu's dis akpamu Amu guy dat's askin' me if he's alright. Does it not click in ur wooden skull dat it is of high importance dat u undergo this kinda' check-up before indulging in a marriage? Hmmmn, does the necessity not occur to u? Fuku...
You should have said that earlier cheesy
akpamu amu grin i asked YOU!
Fuku too grin
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
Its important is all I can say embarassed
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
glimpse:

guy,i jst advice dat u dnt av anyoda child...my fwendz aunt has 2 ss children,u can jst imagine wat shez goin thru...coupled wit d fact dat ha husband doesnt av a job. As 4 me,i av 2 knw ur genotype cos i am AS.Dnt wana b involved wit 'crisis' SHIKENA!
Supported. It's not easy to raise SS kids. I used to have one elder SS sister and a lovely younger one.. God we lost both of them to sickle cell. I noticed that most SS are always beautiful and lovely kids. It was always painful to witness their crises. My parents went through hard times trying to keep and maintain them. Anyways, we lost them.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Alfoasegh: 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
I did and today, I'm the happier for it.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by akereconfi: 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
Oooooooooopss am AA.....buh ma GF is SS....if we marry...naa AS..AS...buh no P sha
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
akereconfi: Oooooooooopss am AA.....buh ma GF is SS....if we marry...naa AS..AS...buh no P sha
Good for you man. No fear.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by alexola20(m): 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
Look before you leap.

I personally know a man (saw him yesterday even) who is of the AS genotype, likewise his wife. They had 8 children. Out of the 8 children, 5 are dead. And of the remaining 3, one is SS, leaving him with 2 girls who are AA. . .

A genotype test doesn't take anything from you.

May thunder fire that love that would make me bring children into this world, to watch them suffer, and die!
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by OperaMini1(m): 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
slimyem: this question is a no-brainer.....
No need to add to this.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Alfoasegh: 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
akereconfi: Oooooooooopss am AA.....buh ma GF is SS....if we marry...naa AS..AS...buh no P sha

Watch it man, most female SS are usually prone to crisis during pregnancies. I lost a female colleague who was SS and pregnant some years back during a crisis.
Best of luck.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Mynd44: 4:10pm On Jul 12, 2012
fesse:

You are right but remember you are in Africa and your partners view might be different from yours. It is 70% in a marriage.
Then I guess I will have to find someone who shares my view (which is what I look for anyway)
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Sealeddeal(m): 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
Biyi1471:
True talk. But, i have seen a case of AS and AS with all children AS! Could you please enlighten me on this? What happened? Is this kind of mutation common?
....it is very possible.its an issue of probability.if AS marry and AS,there is 25percent chance of getting AA,50percent chance of giving birth to AS and 25percent chance of getting SS.And this probaility is applicable in that way to each of the children.so there is a higher possibility for AS and AS giving birth to AS throughout.Equally,there is a possibility that all their children will be AA or in same way SS.its not advisable for AS and AS to marry because of the presence of that probability to born SS and which can as well occur through.bu AS,AA account for 75percent probability making their chance big but u neva can tell.

2 Likes

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Biodup: 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2012
He that have ears to hear let him hear. A crises child will curse the parent for their ignorant. Genotype text is d most important act b4 marriage. Getting married takes more than love. Aimoye love.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
Sealeddeal: ....it is very possible.its an issue of probability.if AS marry and AS,there is 25percent chance of getting AA,50percent chance of giving birth to AS and 25percent chance of getting SS.And this probaility is applicable in that way to each of the children.so there is a higher possibility for AS and AS giving birth to AS throughout.Equally,there is a possibility that all their children will be AA or in same way SS.its not advisable for AS and AS to marry because of the presence of that probability to born SS and which can as well occur through.bu AS,AA account for 75percent probability making their chance big but u neva can tell.
Thank you and thank you. I am really enlightened. Really I am. Probability works in all aspect of life. In my family, four boys and four girls. Two were SS, one AA and the rest of us AS. AS had the highest probability.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by sayso: 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2012
a must
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Alfoasegh: 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
sexkillz: Look before you leap.

I personally know a man (saw him yesterday even) who is of the AS genotype, likewise his wife. They had 8 children. Out of the 8 children, 5 are dead. And of the remaining 3, one is SS, leaving him with 2 girls who are AA. . .

A genotype test doesn't take anything from you.

May thunder fire that love that would make me bring children into this world, to watch them suffer, and die!

Wow! The best post I have ever read from this Killz guy!
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by vaserce(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
Checking genotype before marriage is new in our society however,I think little emphasis should be applied
Cos God knows what we don't
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by chyket(m): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
Pleaaaase!!!!!It is extremely important that you check your Genotypes before marriage. I believe that it's the greatest thing to do for your unborn generation because it will secure their future.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by chyket(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
Pleaaaase!!!!!It is extremely important that you check your Genotypes before marriage. I believe that it's the greatest thing to do for your unborn generation because it will secure their future
Medically.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by chievo: 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2012
Freiburger: How important is the genotype test to you before marriage?
Share your thoughts with us.
b/4 u even tink of sleepn wt a man unprotectd consider his genotype first,talk more of marriage 4 lyf contract,abeg no let ''luv''blind ur eyes cos luv dey wears googles ds days
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Mynd44: 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2012
If you intend to have Biological children, do so. If not, its a waste
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
Everybody is AA in my family, and I dont intend introducing AS, talk less of SS, in our genes. I missed a very gorgeous chick because of this. I knew it was harsh, but no AS kids for me. AS is as bad as SS to me.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by benzion72(m): 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
It is compulsory before you start dating or courtship
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by Freiburger(m): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2012
^^Are you saying the next question i'm supposed to ask a girl after introducing myself is, if she mind visiting the Lab with me?

1 Like

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by WhyAWhy(m): 4:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
mbatuku2: Everybody is AA in my family, and I dont intend introducing AS, talk less of SS, in our genes. I missed a very gorgeous chick because of this. I knew it was harsh, but no AS kids for me. AS is as bad as SS to me.

I can't believe a human being wrote this?!!!

3 Likes

Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by kayrukky: 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
We shouldn't because of love mortgage the lives of unborn children. The advice is know your genotype before you fall in love with that man or woman. Not because of now but future. If you have ever seen the crisis of sickle cell anemia in children, you will know that you need to consider it. God will not forgive you if two of you are "AS" and u give birth to children with genotype "SS". What love do you have for such children when you give birth to him/her in pain due to the lust in the name of love.
Re: Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? by maybel(m): 4:49pm On Jul 12, 2012
norrisman:

Regards
i agree with u 100%. It will be a miracle for AA and SS to give birth to SS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Signs She Enjoys Having $ex With You / My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? / Ladies, Camel-toe Is A Beautiful Thing, Flaunt It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.