Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

The Demons Under The Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Demons Under The Bridge (1241 Views)

'Buhari And The Demons In His Party' - Leadership / If I Expose The Demons In APC Nigeria Will Burn - Fani Kayode / Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Demons Under The Bridge by Jakumo(m): 9:32am On Jul 12, 2012
Twenty miles east of Nigeria’s commercial capital, Lagos, along the strategic Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, an elevated portion of that dual carriageway crosses seasonal wetlands that are grazed by majestic herds of white Zebu cattle, which, over many decades, have been herded hundreds of miles from the desert savanalands north of Nigeria, to the cattle markets serving the booming population of Lagos. That idyllic picture has changed in recent years, as those skinny “herdsmen” have metamorphosed into highwaymen of the deadliest and most sadistic variety.

Those once-peaceful cattle herders, who were in the past best known for covering that epic north-south cattle drive on foot, have literally overnight become the Demons Under the Bridge, for it is there that they lie in wait for motorists whose cars break down and come to a stop anywhere along that five-mile long stretch of elevated highway. Wielding daggers and archery equipment, the “cattle herders” then emerge to kill, torture and then rob all stranded motorists found near their disabled vehicles.

A retired army general fell to a poisoned arrow two days ago, on July 10th 2012, as he alighted from his disabled truck, only to be set upon by the waiting demons. That bridge, set twenty feet above the ground, offers NO hope for flight into the safety of the bush for trapped motorists, and so is the perfect location for the demons to await their prey. Conversely, that very same structural feature makes that stretch of highway ideally suited for the setting of counter-banditry traps, by security agencies or the armed forces.

Speculation is inevitable that the sudden conversion of cattle herders into murdering highwaymen along Nigeria’s primary economic artery is in fact directly attributable to, and in furtherance of, the Boko Haram Islamic terror campaign that is currently ravaging northern Nigeria, particularly in light of repeated public threats by leaders of that terror gang to launch attacks in Nigeria’s largely Christian south.

National security advisers to Nigerian president Jonathan Goodluck will do well to request the immediate deployment of military patrols tasked with protecting the Lagos to Ibadan Expressway, in that frequently attacked portion of elevated highway minutes from the outskirts of Lagos. Such foot patrols should be handed clear shoot-to-kill orders regarding ANY persons found lurking about under the highway. Additionally decoy patrols of troops in un-marked vehicles should be sent out to park randomly along that stretch of road, with clearance to summary kill anyone who approaches their stationary vehicles.

Get it done, Johnny B. Goode. The time for the Big Hammer is NOW.

1 Like

Re: The Demons Under The Bridge by ZUBY77(m): 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
You are right. Let us hope this thread gets to beaf.
Re: The Demons Under The Bridge by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2012
that stretch of road is along my daily route. everybody knows you dare not be stopped at 'long bridge' after dark. Countless gory accounts. And i hear its been that way for at least a decade, so i don't know what our lazy, worthless, good-for-nothing police patrols are waiting for...

1 Like

Re: The Demons Under The Bridge by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
You rarely come across a topic created by Jakumo, so for this reason I must make a comment here, now I have commented

1 Like

Re: The Demons Under The Bridge by Nickydrake(m): 11:47pm On Jul 13, 2012
ogbeche77: You rarely come across a topic created by Jakumo, so for this reason i must make a comment here, now i have commented.

grin
Re: The Demons Under The Bridge by Beaf: 11:59pm On Jul 13, 2012
ZUBY77: You are right. Let us hope this thread gets to beaf.

shocked Lol!
And werin Beaf go take di thread do na? I be Obama?

@topic
I believe the seriousness of the effects of nomadic herders and their settlements on their host communities peace and security has hit govt. There are very bitter complaints about Fulani settlements around just being destroyed and burnt down by JTF as we speak. It is not the best solution, but Nigeria cannot continue to pretend not to be at war. And war is ugly.

The one thing that MUST NEVER happen, is allow these folk go mental in the SW. That is simply crossing the the line; they have no remote claims to roots anywhere in the SW. Therefore, I imagine whatever scotched earth action is being carried by JTF in Plateau state will be increased 7 fold in the SW.
Dem neva born dem. cool
Re: The Demons Under The Bridge by nduchucks: 1:25am On Jul 14, 2012
Beaf:
The one thing that MUST NEVER happen, is allow these folk go mental in the SW. That is simply crossing the the line; they have no remote claims to roots anywhere in the SW. Therefore, I imagine whatever scotched earth action is being carried by JTF in Plateau state will be increased 7 fold in the SW.
Dem neva born dem. cool

I'd worry about those folks going mental in your neck of the woods before concerning myself with the SW, if I were you. The next frontier of this mess is the SS, naturally. Lets hope the authorities remove their buried heads from the sand very soon.
Re: The Demons Under The Bridge by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On Jul 14, 2012
ogbeche77: You rarely come across a topic created by Jakumo, so for this reason I must make a comment here, now I have commented

You rarely have him contribute anything sensible . . . . the guy don fear!!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: The Demons Under The Bridge by Beaf: 1:46am On Jul 14, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I'd worry about those folks going mental in your neck of the woods before concerning myself with the SW, if I were you. The next frontier of this mess is the SS, naturally. Lets hope the authorities remove their buried heads from the sand very soon.

They aren't that stup!d, the k-legged ones that attempted it have learnt from Sapele, Warri and Asaba that we are earthmovers. Lol!
I know you are an al qaeda general, don't worry, you will make good soup for a crocodile.

Keep trying your luck in the SW. JTF will only relocate from Jos to burn down all Fulani settlements and bath the murderous herdsmen in red hot lead.

1 Like

Re: The Demons Under The Bridge by achi4u(m): 2:49am On Jul 14, 2012
Bridge of dragons.
most of that herders are cows at nightgrin
LOL
Re: The Demons Under The Bridge by Jakumo(m): 5:48am On Jul 14, 2012
It really is a shameful outrage that the most strategically significant highway in Nigeria is being held hostage by skinny little critters with daggers and archery gear, right on the outskirts of Nigeria's commerical capital, particularly when the elevated stretch of roadway where those robberies, rhapes and murders of motorists occur is so perfectly suited for military counter-attack and ambushes.

Maybe Nigeria will have to wait until a SERVING army general is killed at that location before the urgently needed scorched-earth policy is applied to the so-called cattle herders who lie in wait at that location, like children's story-book trolls eyeing the billy goats crossing the bridge.

Johnny B. Goode, send in the BIG-HORN billy goats in army fatigues, NOW, and authorize them to kill with extreme prejudice all Boko-Haram terror trolls under that Lagos highway bridge.
Re: The Demons Under The Bridge by juman(m): 6:23am On Jul 14, 2012
God know why they turn to robbery. Well people from other ethnic tribe also rob.

(1) (Reply)

Finally, Northern Elites ( BOKO HARAM) Got Their Biggest TARGET / Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun / Buhari In Secret Talks With 5 PDP Govs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.