Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

When You See A Man In The Market: - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / When You See A Man In The Market: (14363 Views)

Packaged Garri Is Now Available In The Market[photo] / Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! / No 1 Fruit Juice In The Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by SisiKill1: 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2012
What comes to mind?

A man who eats like every other human being on the planet. . .right?

Okay I don't get the question. . . are we supposed to see something else? Is there a hidden meaning behind the image of a man in the market? I swear I was never good with them silly subliminal messages. After how many years of looking, I still haven't seen the Sexx in the chilled glass of Coca Cola. embarassed

1 Like

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by AdeniyiA(m): 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2012
ondo_boi: NOTHING.. i concentrate on what takes me to the market but not the market crowd
typical ondo man. ke tiii, we ti jeun awe
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by AdeniyiA(m): 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
Billyonaire: I think such a man needs to sit himself down and re-arrange his priorities in life. Very shameful...
nooo, u for com sit im nyansh down 4 am, mtcheeew, he dey feel billionaire whereas he b billy-onaire.
if na say u kno ao 2 kuk like me now,u 4 kno ao far, oh sowy,u don marry?
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by dabrake(m): 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
cintia: I just sees him as being stingy
and what if you are pregnant?
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by drzed: 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2012
Some of the comments here are not only irritably funny but border on the ridiculous.

Since when did going to the market make someone less of a man? Okay, let us leave the open market aside for a while: does shopping in a mall also make someone less 'manly' too? How about going to the bank, taking the kids to school or running a business?

In my opinion, such thinking is borne out of sheer ignorance or the misplaced sense of male superiority which is so common in many of our so-called traditions. Not that I am against our traditions, but certain aspects are just chauvinistic, domineering and outdated.

Those who have a problem with a man going to the market either do not understand marital vows or do not love their wives - assuming they are married, that is. Just because we grew up and found ourselves surrounded by cultures that 'wrongly' treats women as inferior or belonging to the kitchen, does not make these aspects of our cultures right. Otherwise, we should bring back the killing of twins and other senseless acts of our forefathers. Abi?

I love my wife, whom I treat as equal. The only major difference between she and I is fundamentally a biological fact, which makes us attracted to each other. Hence, I follow her to the market whenever I can, regardless of the puzzled looks of the clowns who sell things to us. I also sometimes take the initiative to shop for food and groceries on OUR behalf. There is no moral, religious, ethical, logical, cultural, political or constitutional rule or law that says she MUST be the one who shops and cooks while I cross my legs and watch my beloved Arsenal lose a game. Nothing stops me from cooking and cleaning, at least our marital vows never stated so. Thats why I am so glad that in some countries, even men are now entitled to paternity leave upon the birth of a new child. Responsibility goes both ways and is only limited by physiological constraints (e.g. carrying a baby for 9 months).

Just saying. We need to 'reformat' our cultural hard drive. The era of homo erectus is long gone. Not everything we find our parents or grandparents doing is right or proper.

9 Likes

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
Adeniyi A.:

nooo, u for com sit im nyansh down 4 am, mtcheeew, he dey feel billionaire whereas he b billy-onaire.
if na say u kno ao 2 kuk like me now,u 4 kno ao far, oh sowy,u don marry?
lol, I am still trying to decode these your Pitman ShortHand diphthongs
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Dsage1: 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2012
I just hate going market. When i does,i make sure i bought enough ingredients that could sustain me for like 3weeks. @topic, 85% of dem ar bachelors while d rest mayb those local hungry looking stingy husbands.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Chidex2442(m): 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
Spendid!
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by omenziate(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
Wetin bring dat kind play na? I go carry nylon go abi how I go do am?
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Arsheda(m): 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2012
If he is a bachelor & probably still single, that is unattached, he has 100% right to visit the market & buy food items. Let me use myself as an example.

I do this a lot, weekends I go to the market & buy what I need in the house,cook for the week, and preserve in my freezer. So when I get back from my daily job all I do is dish out what I will eat and microwave,shikena!

So please and please not all men you see in the market are STINGY. THIS WILL BE FALLACY OF IRRELEVANT GROUND.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by martyns303(m): 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2012
acidtalk: When you go tho the market and you see a young man of between 26-45 years of age pricing and buying tomatoes, meat, vegetables and other ingredients, what first comes to your mind? Do you wonder why he is the one in the market instead of a girlfriend or wife.

Please share your honest opinion.

Guys, how do you feel being the one pricing in the market? Do you feel embarrassed or indifferent?
I so hate going to the market cos am not good at pricing, i particularly cant stand those market women, jeez! a fish worth N1000 they'll start pricing from N5000, i'll just frooze or simply say "ok" and walk away, what i usually do is to look for a young chick and buy from her, cos for some unknown reason they usually sell to me at a lower price and most often they take the list of things to buy from me and do all the buying for me. one thing for sure tho, am a pretty good cook.

3 Likes

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2012
If it's a younger man: No reaction
If it's an older man (likely married): fi-choo!
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Chidex2442(m): 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
There is no big deal 4 an advanced man 2 do dat on occational basis! Bt as 4 me i do my food shoping my self, cos i dnt lyk waiting 4 any female!

1 Like

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by myvic70(m): 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
I don't have any female so I do my shopping and cooking myself. Infact perfectly well.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Clemzy16(m): 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2012
1. He's a Bachelor.
2. Too stingy to give the girlfriend/wife money.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
I hate shopping, with passion; but I love cooking and experimenting with new stuff in the kitchen. The other day I added colouring to my white rice and turned it blue. Nobody ate it. sad

1 Like

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by drzed: 8:13pm On Aug 04, 2012
nativedoctor: My wife is a banker and I'm self employed. At times when I close early,I go to the market and buy foodstuff. I even call her from the market to confirm the quantity to buy. It removes the stress of doing the shopping from her busy schedule. I don't even see anything wrong in doing the cooking. After all she's my wife and the home is ours.

By far the best response so far.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Mustay(m): 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2012
I'm a stand kitchen man. Don't care about the stereotypes or whatever anyone else thinks or adjudges cos na persin wey wear shoe sabi wetin dey pain am.

Sometimes, I could 'StumbleUpon' some stuffs and start buying but women are always the experts with pricing - one still asks them how much it would've cost them after/before buying.

Methinks a responsible man cares less about other's views about his family business especially when he's doing the right things.

2 Likes

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by princexo(m): 8:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
I just see it as a whole lot of fun kind of lyk him gathering u know kitchen or maybe domestic experience
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by lawizle(m): 8:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
tobechi74: If d man is short,

then d wife sent him on an erand.....

Guy u dey madt,lol grin
tobechi74: If d man is short,

then d wife sent him on an erand.....

Guy u dey madt,lol
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Rednose: 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2012
PrettyCindy: ... My former neighbour, a family man with 2 children buys every single thing in the house. If they want to make soup, he buys all the ingredients and hands them over to his wife. If for any reason he gives his wife money to buy stuffs from the market, he must, i mean must collect the change from his wife. How do i know all these, whenever they quarrel, which they did alot, they always blabbed about it and the woman never fails to express her displeasure with the man always going to the market.
caution: We need to be careful about information that gets to the media about other people, even if their identity is unknown. Section 37 of the Nigeria Constitution states: 'The privacy of citizens, their homes, correspondence, telephone conversations and telegraphic communications is hereby guaranteed and protected'. There is a privacy law that protects 'quarrels' in another person's home.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by bluejeff(m): 8:28pm On Aug 04, 2012
And what is wrong with being stingy ?
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by jaybee(f): 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2012
acidtalk: When you go tho the market and you see a young man of between 26-45 years of age pricing and buying tomatoes, meat, vegetables and other ingredients, what first comes to your mind? Do you wonder why he is the one in the market instead of a girlfriend or wife.

Please share your honest opinion.

Guys, how do you feel being the one pricing in the market? Do you feel embarrassed or indifferent?

He wants to F*UCK !!
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by firmcy(m): 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2012
cool i buy evrytn i nid 2 cook by masef 4 masef nd dnt feel a tin abt it,cooking is actually ma hobby,i enjoy d kitchen lik d rats in d food store....d kitchn is ma playground
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Stanley700(m): 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2012
To me is more fun going to the market,especially doing d pricing and there is nothing wrong or shameful about it . And to those that feels is only stingy men that goes to the market una need to ask una self which century we dey ?
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by andyanders: 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
Is there anything wrong seeing a man buying food ingredients from the market? It's only in Nigeria you see that as a crime because you are too myopic in your sense of reasoning to know that nothing wrong in seeing a man buying food items. Come to the developed world, you see men doing that.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by posh9ky(f): 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2012
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Klinsdarling: 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2012
It is a nice one cos I do that always. For married ones that shows love for ur wife. Attimes u want to surprise her. For d singles u can do that to show some love to ur babe. Is just like a man going to the kitchen to cook when the woman is there. It is allowed.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Ebeau: 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2012
good husband/father in the making.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Toks2008(m): 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2012
Billyonaire: I think such a man needs to sit himself down and re-arrange his priorities in life. Very shameful...

Hmmm If only my wife can summon courage to visit fresh fish stand then i may stop driving down to the market a-times to buy fresh fish which is my Favorite. It scares my wife to hear the seller call 3k for one big fresh fish LOL!
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by bennieman: 9:09pm On Aug 04, 2012
I am a bachelor and i do visit the market fortnightly and i enjoy it. I also cook very well and i don't fancy eating at fast food joints and restaurants always. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it and i don't feel embarrassed at the market.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup / Bachelor's Breakfast. / What Type Of Food Are You Good At Cooking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.