Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum (6465 Views)

Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried / Governor Lalong Spends N40m On Rams / Zamfara To Use N40m For Mass Weddings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Diligence: 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
This action is expedient (advantageous) but not judicious (prudent).
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by lacasa: 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
Datz Ђδω itz done.

The Retardeen shld take a cue from d main man Fashola

No be by unilag ϯo Maulag. angry

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by emsquare(m): 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
Nebeuwa: Fela desserves it. His name even rolls off the lips of my African American family who has seen the Broadway play.

True talk!
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by LordBabs(m): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Is that all you remember him for?

Yeah. Therein lies the religio loci. . .the religious spirit of this place. Stet fortuna domus. . .may the fortune of this house live long. All hail marijuanism!
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by emmalezy(m): 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
Nebeuwa: Fela desserves it. His name even rolls off the lips of my African American family who has seen the Broadway play.
Gbam...... U said it all
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by dont8(m): 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2012
Good initiative by the govornor. Gbemisola street will never be the same again, the traders and artisans on that streept will gain enormously from this gesture.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by BabaOlowo: 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2012
There should be a Swap pls, Fashola for President, GEJ cancellor of his village!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by bknight: 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
The star who fearlessly illuminated d way for free speech etc, championed d plight of d people thru his music.

The epitome of 'without fear nor favour' admired by even critcs of his lifestyle, held in awe by all

Even the military admired his guts and relentless fighting spirit.

Fela, you are a great man! And I will forever admire your spirit.

University of Lagos should be named after this rare & 'true soldier of democracy'!
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by lukkie(m): 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fantastic Idea. I'd like to go there someday. Fela was one of the greatest Nigerians/Africans who ever lived. Up Fashola!
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by 1forall: 11:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
A real Nigerian hero apparently being honoured at last.

Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by poweredcom(m): 11:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
Yeah fela the great and there must be a weed section for mary jane smokers there
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:14am On Jul 20, 2012
I approve.

It would be an amazing tourist attraction.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Afam4eva(m): 5:36am On Jul 20, 2012
Yours GEJ,:
i can't believe the fact that some people think this is a good use of money especially when there are those that cannot afford three good meals a day walking the streets of Lagos. We should be wary of sentiments clouding our sense of reason
My thoughts exactly. I was surprised reading the comments here because I know if it waqs another Governor that did this, all hell would have been let lose. But I want to belive Lagos state will benefit from the proposed museum, one way or the other else it's a waste of tax payers money.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by rakumiii(m): 8:07am On Jul 20, 2012
Best News I have heard all month long..........Very correct
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by redsun(m): 8:53am On Jul 20, 2012
Fashola is it! He,s got visions. I know it is not easy to change decades old traditions of corruption and moral decadence. He is bound to fall prey sometimes,but with people like him in considerable numbers,nigeria can move forward at last.

He has trully been there,i can see where he is coming from. It is not going to be easy,but with rigourous persistance,nigerians will get use to normalcy and come to love it.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by kpolli(m): 9:29am On Jul 20, 2012
hmm
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by obi123: 9:48am On Jul 20, 2012
tourism potential? atrract foreigners to the state? clearly going a bit too far
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by ayobase(m): 10:24am On Jul 20, 2012
ariyebaba: Fashola, ten hands in the air for you.

You are too much joor

''Twale''
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by jbaur24: 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
Clueless Yoruba party ACN at it again with their clueless and clownish projects that are meant to enrich crooks as fashola and his thievery gadfather Tinubu.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2012
Who owns the revenue generated from sales of ticket, is it the kuti family or LASG?
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by redsun(m): 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2012
obi123: tourism potential? atrract foreigners to the state? clearly going a bit too far

Fela is about the only known reputable nigeria in the eyes of the real world.He deserves be honoured like a hero that he is.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by EkoIle1: 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2012
saxywale: Who owns the revenue generated from sales of ticket, is it the kuti family or LASG?

This is a museum and not a money making scheme for the family. Proceeds goes into maintenance fund. Taxes from ticket sales and memorabilia goes to the state, taxes from visiting tourists goes to the state, money spent inside the state by tourists goes into the local economy and businesses.

This is a win win situation for the Fela family, the government and the people of Lagos state.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2012
Eko Ile:

This is a museum and not a money making scheme for the family. Proceeds goes into maintenance fund. Taxes from ticket sales and memorabilia goes to the state, taxes from visiting tourists goes to the state, money spent inside the state by tourists goes into the local economy and businesses.

I happen to have 1 pair of his shoes (for real) and two black and white pictures - Sold to me by one of Seun's dancers back in 2003 wink wink
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by EkoIle1: 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

I happen to have 1 pair of his shoes (for real) and two black and white pictures - Sold to me by one of Seun's dancers back in 2003 wink wink

Wow!! Sell or donate it to the museum.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by JoeBatters: 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
Billyonaire: Any place for marijuana lovers there ? Thanks to Fashola, once upon a time, there was Fela.
The Coffee shop
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by gudnex22(m): 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2012
miteolu:

[size=13pt]Can Fashola be right always?[/size]
too bad fashi or what did they call him? Why not give that money to those that are alive and need it instead of wasting. Trash trash
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by NovusHomo(m): 5:20pm On Jul 20, 2012
Please forgive me, but who is Fela?
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by poweredcom(m): 7:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
NovusHomo: Please forgive me, but who is Fela?

Idiot you must be what mountain cave did you just escape from well its not ur fault if you don't know him look at this pic

Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:44am On Jul 21, 2012
obi123: tourism potential? atrract foreigners to the state? clearly going a bit too far

only a twit wouldnt un derstand the fact that a Fela museum would be an amazing tourist attraction. are you aware of how popular the Fela play is here?
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:46am On Jul 21, 2012
Eko Ile:
r the Fela family, the government and the people of Lagos state.

Exactly smiley
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by NovusHomo(m): 6:50am On Jul 21, 2012
@poweredcom

Oh, the crazy guy who married 27 wives and eventually died of AIDS?. Ah, Nigeria and her heroes!
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by naptu2: 6:51am On Jul 21, 2012
People condemned the governments of Nigeria back when the Fela Broadway show opened. Why wait for foreigners to recognise him? How come no Nigerian government has done something to recognise him? Now that LASG has done something, it is being criticised.

This project will provide employment to Nigerians. It would boost sales for traders/merchants in that neighbourhood. It would also boost tax revenue.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Permutation Of The 2015 Presidential Elections: A Realistic Statistical Analysis / Aregbesola Completed An International Airport In Osogbo In 2014: See Pictures / Aba Is Not As Bad As Some Want Us To Believe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.