Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum (6458 Views)

Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried / Governor Lalong Spends N40m On Rams / Zamfara To Use N40m For Mass Weddings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by EkoIle1: 12:08am On Jul 19, 2012
The family of afro beat music legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti said the Lagos State government approved the sum of N40 million Naira for the completion of the proposed Fela Museum.

Yeni Kuti, the eldest daughter of Fela announced this yesterday at a press conference on this year’s Felabration. She noted that the total sum of 58 million Naira was proposed but Governor Babatunde Fashola approved N40 million.

niyitabiti.net gathered that work has started already at Fela’s house on Gbemisola street, Ikeja. It would be part of effort at giving people insight into the world of Fela.Upon completion, the place will also have an exhibition area, a cofee shop, a tomb area, where people will see where the late abami eda was buried, it will also have a roof top restaurant and a bar.

YK Power as Yeni is popularly called said Fela Museum would be completed and opened by October this year.

The Lagos state government is supporting Fela’s estate because of its potential because of its tourism potential. It is part of the Lagos mega city initiative as it would be able to atrract foreigners to the state.

Fela was a musician and activist when he was alive. He fought the military and some of their ‘business partners’ using his music as a tool. The afro beat musician was norn in 1930s and he died in 1997.He hailed from Ransome Kuti’s family in Abeokuta, Ogun State but decided to change his own surname to Anikulapo Kuti.Femi,Fela’s first son is a three time grammy awards nominee.He lives in Lagos and operates the new Afrikan Shrine.

Story By Niyi Tabiti

http://niyitabiti.net/2012/07/felas-museumwe-got-40-million-naira-from-fashola-yeni-kuti/
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by EkoIle1: 12:10am On Jul 19, 2012
Eko o ni baje o
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Nebeuwa(m): 12:42am On Jul 19, 2012
Fela desserves it. His name even rolls off the lips of my African American family who has seen the Broadway play.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by PaulJohn1: 1:34am On Jul 19, 2012
Good idea
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by StarrMatthieu: 2:42am On Jul 19, 2012
Great
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2012
Nice move. Well done Fash. God bless you.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Siga: 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2012
Love and support this idea....
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by miteolu(m): 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2012
[size=13pt]Can Fashola be right always?[/size]
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Fhemmmy: 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2012
Not too bad . .
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by ab1x: 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
nice initiative
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by courage89(m): 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
This is a great investment initiative.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2012
I would love to see it when it is done and if done well, might even generate some money into the pocket of the govt
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by LordBabs(m): 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2012
Where are the marijuanists in the house?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Kay1kay1(m): 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2012
Good start. Fela might have smiled even more if it were a top class music school. He liked something concrete and beneficial to the present and coming generations.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Fhemmmy: 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
Lord Babs: Where are the marijuanists in the house?

Is that all you remember him for?
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Fhemmmy: 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
Kay1kay1: Good start. Fela might have smiled even more if it were a top class music school. He liked something concrete and beneficial to the present and coming generations.

It is a museum, and a lot could be learnt via that
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
Any place for marijuana lovers there ? Thanks to Fashola, once upon a time, there was Fela.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Fhemmmy: 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2012
Billyonaire: Any place for marijuana lovers there ? Thanks to Fashola, once upon a time, there was Fela.

Lol
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by ariyebaba(m): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fashola, ten hands in the air for you.

You are too much joor
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
FASHOLA!!! FASHOLA!!! FASHOLA!!! grin while itis coming late, it is coming at a good time - Nottin do you. but my street road ti bajeooooo grin
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by ebamma(m): 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
good move fashola,i hope the government will directly supply the museum with marijuana for our enjoyment like fela used to
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2012
ebamma: good move fashola,i hope the government will directly supply the museum with marijuana for our enjoyment like fela used to

u sabi pass me? grin
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by collins011(m): 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2012
Billyonaire: Any place for marijuana lovers there ? Thanks to Fashola, once upon a time, there was Fela.

the museum cannot be complete without a zone for marijuanist to meditate day in and day out

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by YoursGEJ(m): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
i can't believe the fact that some people think this is a good use of money especially when there are those that cannot afford three good meals a day walking the streets of Lagos. We should be wary of sentiments clouding our sense of reason
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Lordave: 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2012
Dis 1 don sweet Fela fans die.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by EkoIle1: 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
Yours GEJ,:
i can't believe the fact that some people think this is a good use of money especially when there are those that cannot afford three good meals a day walking the streets of Lagos. We should be wary of sentiments clouding our sense of reason
You mean the government should just ignore investing in this tourism money making opportunity and just go throw it out in the street for people to eat amala with?

Who do you really think are the destined end beneficiaries from projects like these? The same public right? Or you don't think we need tax money to build road, schools, bridges and hospitals?

I know your name says GEJ, I just hope you are not as dumb and clueless like him. Birds of the same feather....

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Bishop4bella(m): 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2012
Was fela body preserved since 1997 that u want have him like blessed Tansi in museum. Fela i still enjoy ur music till date.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by ovo4u(m): 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2012
Men I love Fela so much, how I wish he is still alive sad Jonathan could have name UNILAG after him, because I'm sure if there are 3 Fela in Nigeria, the Country would have change. Thank you Fashola for remebering Baba hood.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by egift(m): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
Marijuana Free Zone!

@Post:
Great initiative. The legend lives on.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by supereagle(m): 6:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
He said that was the president of "Igbo" smokers association of Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by zicobaba(m): 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
Whether u like or u no like after u read this u talk. If u like he good well-well. If u no like u hang well-well. If u hang u go die well-well. U go die for nothing well-well. We go carry ur body go police station, if u die mornfully well-well, well-well, well-well ~§§§~........§§§~......

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approved N40M For Fela Museum by Aifey(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
Am so glad. No 1 be like u fela kuti. Baba fash u too much.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Hisbah Abducts 31 Young Christian Girls Claiming They Were Prost1tutes / 11 Disturbing Questions On Nnamdi Kanu And His IPOB / Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.