Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,207 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane (13173 Views)

Court Slams N5 Million Fine On EFCC For Violation Of Right / LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / AIT Hate Attacks On Buhari; A Violation Of Ethics And Standards Of Journalism. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by ypzilanti: 10:22am On Jul 19, 2012
naptu2: I expect he will be reprimanded for disobeying a lawful order of the State Security Council (including the orders of the GOC 81 Div & Commander 9th Brigade), but I don't think he will be dismissed (especially since he was apologetic). That would be too harsh.

Correct.

Same time, I get tired of seeing them on ikorodu road flouting the rules all the time. I love Nigerian soldiers, they are better trained and oriented than the police, but they should show discipline and stop using the BRT lanes.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by ikooko(m): 10:23am On Jul 19, 2012
i know that nothing will be done to the colonel but the good thing is that a strong signal has been sent to everyone about respect for law and orders.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by jude33084(m): 10:26am On Jul 19, 2012
O̶̲̥̅̊nE̶̲̥̅̊ minute of madness has landed τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ col in ∂ big confusion sad

They should temper justice with mercy smiley
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Annaoche: 10:29am On Jul 19, 2012
[quote author=miteolu]

[size=16pt]Nigeria is too big for Fashola to handle.[/size] [/quote You think so abi?lets watch nd see
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by strangest(m): 10:31am On Jul 19, 2012
Neoviper147: [size=16pt]Fashiola, Made in Great Uniben. This guy must be president in future. I am proud of my school.[/size]

yes up benin grin grin grin grin

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by vanstanzy(m): 10:32am On Jul 19, 2012
RICHIE BOI: The Nigerian Army on Wednesday commence investigation into the arrest of Colonel K.I Yusuf and and Staff Sergent Adeomi A.J by Governor Babatunde Fashola for violating the Bus Rapid Transit lane.

A statement by Lieutenant Colonel KO OGUNSANYA, Army Assistant Director of Information said that soldiers are expected to conform with laws of the land, adding that the two officers would face an investigative panel and be dealt with accordingly.

The governor had on Tuesday arrested the two military officers for driving on a dedicated BRT lane. Fashola who was visibly angry left his convoy headed towards the officers and express dismay.

The Army statement further reads; The attention of this Headquarters has been drawn to some newspapers front page cover namely, Punch, Sun and the Nation Newspapers of today which were captioned, “Fashola arrests Colonel. Sergeant on BRT lane”. The newspapers alleged that Lagos State Governor, His Excellency Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) on Tuesday 17 July 2012 reprimanded two military officers namely Colonel KI Yusuf and Staff Sergeant AA Adeomi for driving on the dedicated Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) lane.

“It is true that these personnel made use of the dedicated BRT lane thereby contravening the BRT laws. Lagos State Government forbids non – BRT buses from plying these dedicated lanes which are exclusive rights of way for BRT buses.

“Please be informed that a soldier is guided by the laws of the state he is domiciled in. Military personnel in Lagos not on operational duties ought to comply with the BRT edict. However, the General Officer Commanding 81 Division Nigerian Army, Major General KTJ Minimah has directed that the incident be investigated and the personnel involved would be sanctioned accordingly.

“In view of the above, you are please requested to publish this rejoinder and also give it the required attention it deserves”.

http://ediong..com/2012/07/army-investigates-colonels-violation-of.html

Fashola can't do it all alone, he needs to empower his state law enforcement agents to be arresting offenders even in his (Fasholas') absence. Does it mean, if there're no law enforcement agents around people don't know the right thing to do? If i were him, the overall commander of the army in lagos will feel my wrath too. But my question again is, are they actually going to "treat those army men fu/c/k-up"? Abi na just lip service.
Danfos', bullion vans', and even private vehicles have been doing this like for eternity.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by jude33084(m): 10:34am On Jul 19, 2012
ikooko: i know that nothing will be done to the colonel but the good thing is that a strong signal has been sent to everyone about respect for law and orders.

♍♈ brother opening up an investigating panel, to ♍e is enough to make τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ col know that H̲̅€ has done wrong.
O boy τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ na lane wey ♍e D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ drive pass at times on 3rd mainland bridge. Na God D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ save his pikin all these while cheesy

If dem fit treat τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ big ♏ãn
Fcukup I wonder wetin for happen to ♍e bross! wink
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by slimming: 10:36am On Jul 19, 2012
Let him lose the salary for July to the state government.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by kumar77(f): 10:36am On Jul 19, 2012
Brown lord is a very gbantullaya..u are karid..uniben my ugedin
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Pergrace: 10:40am On Jul 19, 2012
brownlord:

You are very foolish, what about the ones that end up as kidnappers armed robbers and even the ones that died as a result of cult clashes in ekosodin and environ, olodo like u

@BROWNLORD...The guy's comment didn't warrant your insult..smh[size=12pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by naptu2: 10:42am On Jul 19, 2012
vanstanzy:

Fashola can't do it all alone, he needs to empower his state law enforcement agents to be arresting offenders even in his (Fasholas') absence. Does it mean, if there're no law enforcement agents around people don't know the right thing to do? If i were him, the overall commander of the army in lagos will feel my wrath too. But my question again is, are they actually going to "treat those army men fu/c/k-up"? Abi na just lip service.
Danfos', bullion vans', and even private vehicles have been doing this like for eternity.

Well, the soldier that was arrested by the task force (LASTMA & Police) and resisted arrest was dismissed from the army (last year). Fashola was not at the scene of the incident. This year bullion van drivers, policemen, CBD officials and even state government officials have been arrested for violating the rule.

1 Like

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Korrection(m): 10:50am On Jul 19, 2012
Why the bashing....Becareful Uniben students full Nairaland including myself....one more insult and we will pounce on you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
brownlord:

You are very foolish, what about the ones that end up as kidnappers armed robbers and even the ones that died as a result of cult clashes in ekosodin and environ, olodo like u
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by oiseworld: 10:50am On Jul 19, 2012
ajbabs: Millitary officers that are not operation are expected to comply with BRR edict
,except if reverse is the case.

for the fact that he is on uniform then, he's on duty.

i have said it before and i will say it again, the brt lane should be renamed the emergency lane. For all military men,police,ambulance,governors. And people on special duty.
That was hypocrisy on the part of fashola, when those roads were built, the brt was not considered. Take a look at the ojota/yaba road, it was initially a three lane road and still had serious traffic.i mean Heavy traffic. Now that the brt has come in, most time that lane is left empty with long queues of cars in traffic struggling to share the the remaining two lanes.
looking at the blockage of the third mainland bridge, i would have expected the govnor, to open the brt lane for more road users, but NO, his stubbonness and hypocrisy won't let him.

Lastly, it is the biggest insult on the part of the governor to come and threaten a colonel in the Nigerian Army, On his Nigerian Army Uniform, in an official Nigerian Army Vehicle, in Nigeria for a soo called offence he foolishly put there. Its disrespect like this that call for military take overs. That colonel would have been the governor of Lagos State in a military setting.

I think this issue should be looked into.

3 Likes

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by jmaine: 10:54am On Jul 19, 2012
naptu2: I expect he will be reprimanded for disobeying a lawful order of the State Security Council (including the orders of the GOC 81 Div & Commander 9th Brigade), but I don't think he will be dismissed (especially since he was apologetic). That would be too harsh.

Exactly . . .he will be given a " Go and Sin no more" back pat cos he showed remorse grin . . . .
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by osundu(m): 10:58am On Jul 19, 2012
@redcliffle,abi be na ratcliffle.abi na wetin be ur name,u can't open ur wide mouth to tell the army to getout.if the col his on an urgent official assignment to save lives like wat we have in de north(boko haram attacks),he will even slap any stupid lastma idiot dat stops him.am nt supporting the senior officer but get to know dat incase of emergency,the army would prefer to hookup in an holdup while innocent lives is lost than being embarrased by one lastrubbish!PRAY NO EMERGENCY DAT REQUIRE MILITARY DUTY!!!
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Jayten(m): 10:58am On Jul 19, 2012
miteolu:

[size=16pt]Nigeria is too big for Fashola to handle.[/size]
wat u jst said is stale man... Due to how very small it's bn, d past and jonzin leaders we've had are bunch of failures....d present leader is capable buh indecisive & bias in decision making. Fashola is highly capable,Tinubu cld attest to the capability of Fashola....to me he's 10 times far betta than the person he succeeded d mantle of leadership,Imagine governor wey follow dey traffic,den army man dey form above d law.....Ogun don slap u today....jst dat if military shld handle d discipline,d offender wld b set free....my governor handle d case fall d military hand wella...jor o!!!! Eko o ni baje O!!! God is with you my governor....ur Excellency..BRF
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by cutievik: 11:00am On Jul 19, 2012
brownlord:

i can't belive ur IQ is extremely low,so u mean to tell us all that because of cult clahes nd so forth those who uphold the law should nt be appuaded,so far i think there's only one fool in NL,and if it's nt u,who wud it be?

2 Likes

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Etumgbe(m): 11:20am On Jul 19, 2012
Fashola take time ooo. See colonel saluting u. Don't u know dat under military regime a colonel is like a governor
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 19, 2012
Dis is serious! Oga fashy u too much!some pple think they are above the law
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by adejabs(m): 11:21am On Jul 19, 2012
CAPITAL NON-SENSE!!!
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 19, 2012
[size=20pt]to those saying "but atleast d colonel was apologetic" cant u guyz see dat d governor too was so respectful as to have met him personally rather than send his special adviser on protocol ... i think fashola shud b commended for being respectful enof to the colonel.,..but the colonel must be fined...cos if LASTMA had been able to intercept him (which am sure they tried to no avail) he wud av had to pay 50,000naira[/size]
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 19, 2012
Military personnel in Lagos not on operational duties ought to
comply with the BRT edict.
These officers fall my hand twice:
1. Them no dey for an emergency duty & dem come dey disobey govt.
2. The Colonel go dey salute BRF= "a bloody civilian".
My #2 na him dey vex me pass. Nothing wey sin no go make u do!
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 19, 2012

1 Like

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by alexola20(m): 11:26am On Jul 19, 2012

1 Like

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by ebamma(m): 11:28am On Jul 19, 2012
im sure the army won't punish these soldiers,its normal army routine,espirit the corps.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by fuke(m): 11:37am On Jul 19, 2012
oiseworld:

i have said it before and i will say it again, the brt lane should be renamed the emergency lane. For all military men,police,ambulance,governors. And people on special duty.
That was hypocrisy on the part of fashola, when those roads were built, the brt was not considered. Take a look at the ojota/yaba road, it was initially a three lane road and still had serious traffic.i mean Heavy traffic. Now that the brt has come in, most time that lane is left empty with long queues of cars in traffic struggling to share the the remaining two lanes.
looking at the blockage of the third mainland bridge, i would have expected the govnor, to open the brt lane for more road users, but NO, his stubbonness and hypocrisy won't let him.

Lastly, it is the biggest insult on the part of the governor to come and threaten a colonel in the Nigerian Army, On his Nigerian Army Uniform, in an official Nigerian Army Vehicle, in Nigeria for a soo called offence he foolishly put there. Its disrespect like this that call for military take overs. That colonel would have been the governor of Lagos State in a military setting.

[b][/b]

Nonsense.

Soldiers should be respected but first they should respect the law.

What kind of up-sided logic is this? Colonel=governor?

there are generals who never became governor.

However, I want to say that the army should not take this further.

The profuse apology by the colonel is enough atonement for the offense.

Those talking about dismissal are talking gibberish.

You want the colonel to lose his commission for a mere traffic offense.

You all are not serious.

A sergeant should not lose a pip for a traffic offense.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by femionasan(m): 11:44am On Jul 19, 2012
oiseworld:

What issue should be looked into? Something like this will make the military take over? Such ignorant talk, where and when did the governor threaten the colonel? Even when the 3 lanes were being used for cars only, there was always a long stretch of traffic on Ikorodu road so what are you on about? Did Fashola impose the BRT lane law on citizens or have u forgotten than the FG ceded the road to LASG. In summary all i see is hatred for the governor in your comments and you are still living in the dark clouds of the military era, thats if you were old enough to understand what happened back then. You make military look like gods. Try to be objective next time.

1 Like

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by bengunsman(m): 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2012
Dat na washing, I bet u the GOC won't do anything to the Colonel but he can punish the Sgt for the offence wich is a disgraceful conduct
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by ishmael(m): 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
ikooko: i know that nothing will be done to the colonel but the good thing is that a strong signal has been sent to everyone about respect for law and orders.
You've said it all. The colonel enjoys some immunity for being a senior officer just like the governor enjoys some too. If it were the GOC or comm of police, what would the governor have done?
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by nduchucks: 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2012
This charade by Fashola's PR operatives may backfire in the most unexpected manner if care is not taken. Despite the public gestures by the Army in Lagos, top ranking officials do not appreciate the humiliation of one of them by a 'bloody' civilian.

You don't want to plant bad belle when it is completely avoidable.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by oiseworld: 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
alexola20:
That is how it should be done.That is how it is done all around the world.
Nobody should be above the law,even the army General or Field Marshal.Only in 9ja we see nuisance parading themselves the untouchables.
Carry go BRF!!
femionasan:

What issue should be looked into? Something like this will make the military take over? Such ignorant talk, where and when did the governor threaten the colonel? Even when the 3 lanes were being used for cars only, there was always a long stretch of traffic on Ikorodu road so what are you on about? Did Fashola impose the BRT lane law on citizens or have u forgotten than the FG ceded the road to LASG. In summary all i see is hatred for the governor in your comments and you are still living in the dark clouds of the military era, thats if you were old enough to understand what happened back then. You make military look like gods. Try to be objective next time.
fuke:

Nonsense.

Soldiers should be respected but first they should respect the law.

What kind of up-sided logic is this? Colonel=governor?

there are generals who never became governor.

However, I want to say that the army should not take this further.

The profuse apology by the colonel is enough atonement for the offense.

Those talking about dismissal are talking gibberish.

You want the colonel to lose his commission for a mere traffic offense.

You all are not serious.

A sergeant should not lose a pip for a traffic offense.
femionasan:

Yes, an offence was commited,fine.
The issue here is not the offence but that that lane should not be meant for brt alone.
We are talking of a road constructed in the 60/70 with no brt intent. we are talking of a road that while in serious and heavy traffic, only two/three buses pass through. While other road users wait and look helplessly. That lane can not be dedicated to brt buses alone.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by naijacloud: 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2012
oiseworld:

you've said it all bro!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anti-Social Media Bill Re-Introduced By Bala Na’Allah / PDP Reveals What APC ‘plans’ To Do With Uncollected PVCs / It Will Be Impossible For Jimi Agbaje To Get PDP Ticket Again –Dominic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.