Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane (13159 Views)

Court Slams N5 Million Fine On EFCC For Violation Of Right / LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / AIT Hate Attacks On Buhari; A Violation Of Ethics And Standards Of Journalism. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:54am On Jul 19, 2012
The Nigerian Army on Wednesday commence investigation into the arrest of Colonel K.I Yusuf and and Staff Sergent Adeomi A.J by Governor Babatunde Fashola for violating the Bus Rapid Transit lane.

A statement by Lieutenant Colonel KO OGUNSANYA, Army Assistant Director of Information said that soldiers are expected to conform with laws of the land, adding that the two officers would face an investigative panel and be dealt with accordingly.

The governor had on Tuesday arrested the two military officers for driving on a dedicated BRT lane. Fashola who was visibly angry left his convoy headed towards the officers and express dismay.

The Army statement further reads; The attention of this Headquarters has been drawn to some newspapers front page cover namely, Punch, Sun and the Nation Newspapers of today which were captioned, “Fashola arrests Colonel. Sergeant on BRT lane”. The newspapers alleged that Lagos State Governor, His Excellency Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) on Tuesday 17 July 2012 reprimanded two military officers namely Colonel KI Yusuf and Staff Sergeant AA Adeomi for driving on the dedicated Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) lane.

“It is true that these personnel made use of the dedicated BRT lane thereby contravening the BRT laws. Lagos State Government forbids non – BRT buses from plying these dedicated lanes which are exclusive rights of way for BRT buses.

“Please be informed that a soldier is guided by the laws of the state he is domiciled in. Military personnel in Lagos not on operational duties ought to comply with the BRT edict. However, the General Officer Commanding 81 Division Nigerian Army, Major General KTJ Minimah has directed that the incident be investigated and the personnel involved would be sanctioned accordingly.

“In view of the above, you are please requested to publish this rejoinder and also give it the required attention it deserves”.

http://ediong..com/2012/07/army-investigates-colonels-violation-of.html

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by braine(m): 3:13am On Jul 19, 2012
Good. I hope the sanction won't be too heavy sha.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Vigilante: 9:24am On Jul 19, 2012
What a shame.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by megxo(m): 9:28am On Jul 19, 2012
na dem sabi.....
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Bishop4bella(m): 9:28am On Jul 19, 2012
Nobody is above d law.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Jettage: 9:30am On Jul 19, 2012
Dismissal will be right for these offenders. They become too big in their Uniform assault civilians and intimidate them, they have never fought a war since being engaged as Military. the only war they love is beating helpless citizen who most time leave thing to God.

http://akinbami..com/2012/07/nigerian-solder-typical-case-of-abuse.html

2 Likes

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by redcliff: 9:32am On Jul 19, 2012
Abeg the arny should get+out. Tomorrow the people that investigated the panel or whatever they call it would still follow bRt lane. The col was just unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Neoviper147: 9:36am On Jul 19, 2012
[size=16pt]Fashiola, Made in Great Uniben. This guy must be president in future. I am proud of my school.[/size]
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by ifihearam: 9:39am On Jul 19, 2012
If na police something can happen but army over brt lane case? I doubt ooo they are very cooperative,he will only be reprimanded.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Kessyy2k4(m): 9:39am On Jul 19, 2012
This shud serve as a deterant 2 brt lane offendrs in future. Nigerian, needs iron hands b4 de learn. Pls fashola kip up d cleaning wrk @lag. Eko oni baje o! Eko oni baje o!! Eko oni baje o!!!
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by miteolu(m): 9:39am On Jul 19, 2012
Neoviper147: This guy must be president in future. I am proud of my school.

[size=16pt]Nigeria is too big for Fashola to handle.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by otokx(m): 9:40am On Jul 19, 2012
This is great news.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by brownlord: 9:41am On Jul 19, 2012
Neoviper147: [size=16pt]Fashiola, Made in Great Uniben. This guy must be president in future. I am proud of my school.[/size]

You are very foolish, what about the ones that end up as kidnappers armed robbers and even the ones that died as a result of cult clashes in ekosodin and environ, olodo like u

2 Likes

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by maigida231(m): 9:45am On Jul 19, 2012
ifihearam: If na police something can happen but army over brt lane case? I doubt ooo they are very cooperative,he will only be reprimanded.
dat just fact n case closed
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by charles424(m): 9:45am On Jul 19, 2012
Jettage: Dismissal will be right for these offenders. They become too big in their Uniform assault civilians and intimidate them, they have never fought a war since being engaged as Military. the only war they love is beating helpless citizen who most time leave thing to God.

http://akinbami..com/2012/07/nigerian-solder-typical-case-of-abuse.html

Haba!!!why dismissal? That's too harsh,atleast the officer appologise for the violation and he never argue with the Gov. Atleast the gov has made his point,,so no need for stiffer penalty....the gov has done well and the officers too..let bygone be bygone.

3 Likes

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by 76Naira(m): 9:47am On Jul 19, 2012
We need more of this in Nigeria.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by ishmael(m): 9:48am On Jul 19, 2012
Army authorities will not sanction the colonel. He did not go against any military law. What would be his offence if he's to be court-marshalled according to the armed forces act? Do not be decieved by the army authority's statement. That case is as good as dead. The colonel is a senior officer and enjoys some immunity in the military.

1 Like

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by ajbabs(m): 9:48am On Jul 19, 2012
Millitary officers that are not in operation are expected to comply with BRR edict
,except if reverse is the case.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by abbey37(m): 9:53am On Jul 19, 2012
They should tender justice with mercy o,the colonel was sober and apologetic
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by lacasa: 9:56am On Jul 19, 2012
miteolu:

[size=16pt]Nigeria is too big for Fashola to handle.[/size]

Dnt confuse him wt the Retardeen pls

Fashola o ni baje o
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Abujafood: 10:00am On Jul 19, 2012
Neoviper147: [size=16pt]Fashiola, Made in Great Uniben. This guy must be president in future. I am proud of my school.[/size]

Are all products of Uniben including yourself as exemplary as Governor Fashola? If so I guess UNIBEN only produces great men, that will be a good thing to note!
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by kelvincoll(m): 10:00am On Jul 19, 2012
2 strikes now from lagos state govt to the Army (remember the dismissed army dude?) I just felt this was taken too far.. trust me the military may give you all news of ''obedience to law and bla bla bla'' but na Lastma officials go hear am from dem silently cool cool.... Good one Fash though , ur SAN no be for show, someday Naija go be true abiding nation

1 Like

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Abujafood: 10:01am On Jul 19, 2012
abbey37: They should tender justice with mercy o,the colonel was sober and apologetic

Yeah Sure he was but the law courts should decide not sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by inspirenet: 10:01am On Jul 19, 2012
lacasa:

Dnt confuse him wt the Retardeen pls

Fashola o ni baje o

smiley
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Neoviper147: 10:01am On Jul 19, 2012
brownlord:

You are very foolish, what about the ones that end up as kidnappers armed robbers and even the ones that died as a result of cult clashes in ekosodin and environ, olodo like u
Thank you and God bless you for insulting me.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Abujafood: 10:01am On Jul 19, 2012
ajbabs: Millitary officers that are not operation are expected to comply with BRR edict
,except if reverse is the case.

Only on emergencies I guess!
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by naptu2: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2012
I expect he will be reprimanded for disobeying a lawful order of the State Security Council (including the orders of the GOC 81 Div & Commander 9th Brigade), but I don't think he will be dismissed (especially since he was apologetic). That would be too harsh.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by nomshu(m): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2012
It be like say this Fashola suppose to be a soldier woh. look at hw she wanted to deal with DRtos the other time! now na col. for army the guy chatch, he is stupidgood jare. big ups to you guy!
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Fesisko(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2012
ishmael: Army authorities will not sanction the colonel. He did not go against any military law. What would be his offence if he's to be court-marshalled according to the armed forces act? Do not be decieved by the army authority's statement. That case is as good as dead. The colonel is a senior officer and enjoys some immunity in the military.
d offence commited by the colonel is:discretable conduct.
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Abujafood: 10:05am On Jul 19, 2012
charles424:

Haba!!!why dismissal? That's too harsh,atleast the officer appologise for the violation and he never argue with the Gov. Atleast the gov has made his point,,so no need for stiffer penalty....the gov has done well and the officers too..let bygone be bygone.

The real question to ask is if the Colonel will not commit a similar offence in future. Remember saying you're sorry and being truly sorry are not the same thing besides people have been sanctioned in the past for this same offence so what happens to "no partiality in justice"?
Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by Okijajuju1(m): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2012
Wow!!

JussoUknow... Soldiers must revenge this thing!!

Lastma and Fashola should be careful...

1 Like

Re: Army Investigates Colonel’s Violation Of BRT Lane by naptu2: 10:08am On Jul 19, 2012
Meanwhile, the State Security Council (The State Governor, Commander 9th Brigade Ikeja, Commander NNS Beecroft Apapa, Commandant Air Force Base Ikeja, State Police Commisioner, State Director of SSS, etc) has banned the use of military car stickers in Lagos.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/03/25/military-ban-the-use-of-army-and-airforce-car-stickers-in-lagos/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Sacks 14 Permanent Secretaries In Rivers State / Benjamin Kalu: Buhari, Ministers Should Cut Cost Of Governance Before NASS / PDP Wins Majority Seats In Delta Assembly. PDP 22, APC 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.