Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308775 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
Yvete: Congrats @ Reck-less! Easy on your Ebonics, too funny! How are you a resident? Did you win the DvLottery?

To those seeking help with SEVIS, what exactly needs to be done? To pay for it or to mail it?
mine is to pay for it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2012
mr swagger:

@Oga imperiouxx, so dis means I have to send my Bank statements to them. But is it possible for a Bank to issue 5 Bank statements because I intend applying to 5 schools and sending them the Bank statement at once.. is dis going to be possible?. They even want the original Bank statement and a letter from the Bank. I'm kind of confused. I jst don't knw wht to tell my sponsor.. Because it seems awkward, asking for a Bank statement when I'v nt even gotten any admission. Or has anyone in house encountered a similar problem like me here.. Pls help.. I need advice and suggestions

(S)He is your sponsor, (s)he should be able to assist till you succeed. Asking for bank statement doesn't cost a thing. Unless the school agrees you can send scanner, else, you'll have to get 5 statements. I collected 4 original statements and 8 original transcripts(including those I didn't bother to send after I got the first admission) and got 2 admissions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
Reck-less:
shoutout to my hommies in da house Chy-town...jimtosam..Big Frank,..dizzzyfrienzzy..emmanuel...Yvete...thanks y'all its like y'all came up with da same skools and guess what its the best choice cos its a full ride for mba in (Nursing) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy @imperiox i smell jealousy tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

ehn.... grin grin grin grin

Yvete: Congrats @ Reck-less! Easy on your Ebonics, too funny! How are you a resident? Did you win the DvLottery?

To those seeking help with SEVIS, what exactly needs to be done? To pay for it or to mail it?

May be I'll pressurize my school to make me resident. The resident stuff might be a new ''jarah'' to admission I've missed. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
^^^ wait till justwise wakes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 10:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
If some1 wnts to pay d sevis fee for me by western union, should d address whr d receipt wld be his own address or my address here in nigeria?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
If some1 wnts to pay d sevis fee for me by western union, should d address whr d receipt wld be sent be his own address or my address here in nigeria?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 11:28pm On Oct 26, 2012
You will find all the answers you need here. http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/wu_fm_inter.htm
Tee.tee:
If some1 wnts to pay d sevis fee for me by western union, should d address whr d receipt wld be sent be his own address or my address here in nigeria?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 12:06am On Oct 27, 2012
@dnpasion
Thnx!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by knockout1: 12:40am On Oct 27, 2012
Yvete: @Knock-out

"I just got admitted into a community college in Michigan..finished secondary school 2005..finished from Lasu were i studied political science and all i have 2 show for it presently is my statement of results. I have been denied visa last year cos i was going as a performer(a musician) at health care free show." I'd advise you NOT to hurriedly schedule an interview without adequate preparation because you've been denied before. What's wrong with your statement of result? Didn't they issue a diploma? Whilst some people may have gotten visas with Junior Colleges, its always advisable to apply to a 4-yr College. Can your "Favorite Aunty" apply at a 4-yr College Pharmacy program on your behalf? When you get here, you can always transfer to Henry Ford.
Prepare answers for the following; Did you write TOEFL?
Why the change of major from Pol Sci.to Pharmacy? Why did you abandon your music career? How do you convince the VO that you will not continue as a performer and drop the pharmD program?
Is this your Aunt resident in the US going to sponsor your education? Be prepared to answer what she does (career/business wise). SUCCESS!!
thanks alot..am never a science student but i'lld love 2 study the pharmacy even though is not close 2 political science which i did to satisfy my dad..i've written the ibtoefl and scored 80/120 wich more than d score d school required..once again thanks yvete
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by risherris: 1:49am On Oct 27, 2012
hi peeps, i have been following this trend for sometimes now both day and night.got my visa delayed on 15th Oct at about 9:50am in the morning by a young guy in window 7,he did not even waste time and he only asked few questions, and the interview went thus, me:hi,good morning
vo:morning,pass your documents please,which i did in time.why did you choose xyz school?
me:told him it is characterized by its commitment to civic responsibility,intellectual development and leadership.
vo:what do you understand by intellectual development?
me:took my time to explain and by that time he was not even looking at me,was only typing.
vo:wen did you graduate from sec school and what have you been doing?
me:2006 and i have a bachelor`s degree in biochemistry(was actually going for another undergrad course),at that time he was not even looking at me he was busy typing some stuffs on his system
vo:asked how many siblings have i?
me:told him im from a family of 5, asked for my kid sis name and i told him.
vo:said ok,and started typing again for about 20secs, folded my DS-160 and return back my application.with a white slip which he brought out from the draw.he stared at me with pity while he opened the draw to bring out the white slip that i personally will call a delayer slip and he told me that i am not eligible.
me: i received it gladly as if it was that famous green ticket and i said thank you with a very big smile as if i got that visa.wen i turned back,everybody focused on me,they know i did not get it that day but i was smiling while i left.please house, where do i need to work on myself.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 2:58am On Oct 27, 2012
imperiouxx:

(S)He is your sponsor, (s)he should be able to assist till you succeed. Asking for bank statement doesn't cost a thing. Unless the school agrees you can send scanner, else, you'll have to get 5 statements. I collected 4 original statements and 8 original transcripts(including those I didn't bother to send after I got the first admission) and got 2 admissions.

@Imperiouxx, I intend telling him about it after my SAT exam next week. I will head to his office and explain everything to my sponsor. I try to get 5 original Bank statements from him. I will have a letter and have it addressed to whom it may concern.. The worst that can happen is for me to have the Bank statement scanned out and print it and send it to the school. After all I hv tried. I should even be happy my sponsor released a bank statement than being greedy and looking for 5 Bank statements. If the school want to verify let them call the Bank and they will see dt every thing is NOT fake they will know it is REAL.. My sponsor is the Full owner of the account. Thanks @Oga imperiouxx, @Kpolli, @Ferdii for your suggestions.. I nw have so much candid information from you guys. I will yield your suggestions..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 4:00am On Oct 27, 2012
kpolli:

Am also asking, y do u want another first degree??

Guy the truth is that i would have applied for master here in Nigeria, but the course in question does not have an undergraduate level here in nigeria, but have master, so i want to gain the basic knowledge before applying for masters, please i need answer if this is not ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 4:09am On Oct 27, 2012
imperiouxx:

The main reason why long gap between one degree and desire to continue abroad especially US (where studying is like going to war) matters is that the weak in learning hardly survive here (either internationals or Americans). This is the fact, studying in US requires your brain retaining fresh record of your field. That's why VOs believe that standardized test is important even at the slightest gap in applicant's studies. America practices continuation of education with no gap to enhance assimilation, though many of them fall out too.

Secondly, imagine you have been nurtured, indoctrinated for 4 to 5 years in a field and all of a sudden you decided to go contrary to that. Tell me without any bias, if you are a VO won't you like to be convinced beyond any reasonable doubt before you take to the applicant's ideology?

Thirdly, let's say after high school as a science student, I got a sales job for 3 to 5 years, later found myself back in science field at a higher level. Don't you think for the first few semesters, my brain can unconsciously be taking 50 ml(value for volume) to be 50 million naira (value for money) or 2 atm (value for atmospheric pressure) to be 2 ATM (automated teller machine - money dispenser)? Reason is because after one degree, I stopped for awhile and the brain aged everyday keeping only few past imparted memories but mostly the recent.

You see? Many will always fall for these reasons, though role of favor and attack as the best form of defense can't be underrated in those cases. Best of luck

please give me straight answers to the question that i ask, like i said before, i would have apply for the course here but because in Nigeria it is only in master level, so i need to understand the concept more before applying for master
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 4:36am On Oct 27, 2012
"thanks alot..am never a science student but i'd love 2 study the pharmacy even though is not close 2 political science which i did to satisfy my dad..i've written the ibtoefl and scored 80/120 wich more than d score d school required..once again thanks yvete"

You're welcome and I wish you success at your next appointment! Find a way to explain the bolded. If I were you, I'd apply for a Masters or Intl transfer in Pol. Sci or Intl Relations and change my major to Pre-Pharm when I get here because you don't sound too convincing. Having jumped from Pol Sci -> Music -> Pharmacy looks unserious. Pharmacy requires 100% full time commitment for almost 6years! You need to know and show what you will do with your degree when you return home. Explain your good (plausible) future plans. If you insist to go ahead with pre-pharm, I'd say that my Dad was a grassroot politician that encouraged me to study Pol.Sci, but my true passion is in healthcare and I chose Pharmacy. bla bla bla" ... My 0.02cents
PRAY, PREPARE and PRAY again cos' you need a MIRACLE!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 5:16am On Oct 27, 2012
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 5:46am On Oct 27, 2012
risher ris: hi peeps, i have been following this trend for sometimes now both day and night.got my visa delayed on 15th Oct by a young guy, he did not even waste time and he only asked few questions.
please house, where do i need to work on myself.thanks

If you asked questions earlier (as a part of this thread) instead of peeping from the fence anonymously and copying off people's stuff, you may have done better. cool Don't be a free rider, but a team player.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kanayogod(m): 9:41am On Oct 27, 2012
mr swagger:
@Oga imperiouxx, so dis means I
have to send my Bank statements to
them. But is it possible for a Bank to
issue 5 Bank statements because I
intend applying to 5 schools and
sending them the Bank statement at
once.. is dis going to be possible?.
They even want the original Bank
statement and a letter from the Bank.
I'm kind of confused. I jst don't knw
wht to tell my sponsor.. Because it
seems awkward, asking for a Bank
statement when I'v nt even gotten
any admission. Or has anyone in
house encountered a similar problem
like me here.. Pls help.. I need advice
and suggestions
@Swagger, thats the process, you cant send scanned copies to the schools, the only time a scanned copy wil be accepted is if you have sent it before, and the admission was delayed, a scanned copy can then be used to make the admission decision.
Since you are applying to 5 different schools, just like Imperioux have told you earlier, you need 5 freshly produced statements and letters of reference from the bank clearly addressed to the schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 11:29am On Oct 27, 2012
Filling my DS-160 but i'm somehow confused at this stage where they ask about my Present Work/Education/Training Information. Please house can anybody tell me what to chose at the point because i graduated from high school in 2009 and have been doing a voluntary job at my dad's company since 2010 which means i don't recieve salary but use to get some kind of compensation. Can i select not employed or student? So pleas help me my fellow nairalanders on what to chose in this part. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2012
House please i need your suggestions to my previous post sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2012
emmyaydot: Please is there anyone in the house has had an experience of holding an application because sevis fee has not been paid...
i went for interview on 17th October at Abuja.............I was denied twice in 2008............now my status is graduated 2010 in Anatomy...........now working at a diagnostic medical center............the Vo was a woman.......window 6................she asked me what am i going to do in USA..............i said to further my educational carrier in Nursing at xxxxxx university in SC....................2 QUESTION: Which work am i doing?......i reply...........am a radiological technician....................she doesn't know much about the duty post for the profession..............she check DHS database and told me that i have not paid my sevis fee............she return my documents and i was so hurt then started blowing tongue for her that i am encountering prob. due to the payment method western union..money order...check and they are not offer in Nigerian banks.......she said i should calm down that she is not Denny me...that i should come back when i get the fee paid.......she return my gtbank receipt and all doc. and gave me a note stated that i should pay the sevis fee and resume to window 6.......but am not sure she will be the only one staying at window 6 all the time.......because they rotate duty post too.........PLEASE WHO HAS EVER HAS THE SAME EXPERIENCE LIKE THIS......ADVICE ME ON WHAT YOU KNOW IS HAPPENING AND WHAT SHE WILL DECIDE WHEN RETURN BACK TO CONTINUING MY INTERVIEW............WHO HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE.....WAS IT SUCCESSFUL AT LAST HOPE TO HEAR FORM YOU SIR/MA.....THXS.

How can you book for an interview without all the documents?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:29pm On Oct 27, 2012
No ONE should take this guy emmyaydot seriously. His posts were those hidden by justwise when he was alerted. He wants to attract attention and drop his email for you to mail him and then start discussing on how to win VO as he called it with you. Deal with him after this at your own peril.

imperiouxx: ^^^ wait till justwise wakes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rickdon: 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2012
Hello house...am new on Nairaland but have a few question to ask which needed an answer to help me in pursue of my master degree. I am Rick by name, i actually wanted to pursue my master degree in Germany but i don't know of any university dat offer Sociology in English language...any body with useful info should pls help me by mail. ....oztutu@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2012
ferdiii:

How can you book for an interview without all the documents?

You've started noticing his intention. Fake people ain't hard to know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:04pm On Oct 27, 2012
risher ris: hi peeps, i have been following this trend for sometimes now both day and night.got my visa delayed on 15th Oct at about 9:50am in the morning by a young guy in window 7,he did not even waste time and he only asked few questions, and the interview went thus, me:hi,good morning
vo:morning,pass your documents please,which i did in time.why did you choose xyz school?
me:told him it is characterized by its commitment to civic responsibility,intellectual development and leadership.
vo:what do you understand by intellectual development?
me:took my time to explain and by that time he was not even looking at me,was only typing.
vo:wen did you graduate from sec school and what have you been doing?
me:2006 and i have a bachelor`s degree in biochemistry(was actually going for another undergrad course),at that time he was not even looking at me he was busy typing some stuffs on his system
vo:asked how many siblings have i?
me:told him im from a family of 5, asked for my kid sis name and i told him.
vo:said ok,and started typing again for about 20secs, folded my DS-160 and return back my application.with a white slip which he brought out from the draw.he stared at me with pity while he opened the draw to bring out the white slip that i personally will call a delayer slip and he told me that i am not eligible.
me: i received it gladly as if it was that famous green ticket and i said thank you with a very big smile as if i got that visa.wen i turned back,everybody focused on me,they know i did not get it that day but i was smiling while i left.please house, where do i need to work on myself.thanks

Sorry bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2012
emmanuelkim:

Guy the truth is that i would have applied for master here in Nigeria, but the course in question does not have an undergraduate level here in nigeria, but have master, so i want to gain the basic knowledge before applying for masters, please i need answer if this is not ok

This ur answer is very ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dannywest01: 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2012
Even a novice will read the checklist required by the embassy

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.