Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308475 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2012
rowlandoo:

Tanks . I don't want to fill it , but if asked then I won't lie . Seen it on the current application might disgust VO . Coz some VO dnt ve much time going tru previous applications I hope u feel me ?

I beg help me explain to Obscu4lyfe say releasin or cancelling the date for me to book won't affect him . OR does IT?

Baba reply

Can he released date and you get it? It's randomize, if he releases it you might not be the one that will get it. Even, it might not still be available to anyone after few hours he releases it. About your diploma, whenever you are ask your highest degree obtained, let it be the highest. You got diploma which is higher O'level then you put diploma. Though the diploma is way back from here, you should find sometime important to fill the gap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 5:22pm On Jul 22, 2012
imperiouxx:

Can he released date and you get it? It's randomize, if he releases it you might not be the one that will get it. Even, it might not still be available to anyone after few hours he releases it. About your diploma, whenever you are ask your highest degree obtained, let it be the highest. You got diploma which is higher O'level then you put diploma. Though the diploma is way back from here, you should find sometime important to fill the gap.

Cool baba
After feww hours , then I will have to stay in front of the pc and keep refreshin . Can do that on my phone . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Zone2Zone: 6:00pm On Jul 22, 2012
Freddieyankee:

Sorry for the denial,
I don't no how quick u wanna come to the states but if I'm to advise you I would have asked you to give it time and not rush back for another interview.
First of all call your school and ask them to send you another I-20 for January 2013, that will help you re-arrange yourself and also ask your international advisor to attach a letter stating that they were satisfied with documents and that the school is will expecting you for the school semester stating the time and year. Good luck

This is how the interview went.

I got to the embassy around 6.00am and my interview is schedule for 8.00am
when it is 8.00am appointment time, we were called in for the interview.
At the entrance, I was sent back to go and make a payment of balance of 3,300 naira of my Visa application fee. This really affect my moral cos the cash I have on me wasn`t up to the amount requested for. To make things worst the nearest ATM machine at Area 3 for those who know ABJ very well. At last, I have the cash and paid to them at the Embassy.

The white guy in window 8 interview me.

VO Good morning?
ME still walking toward the window, still not compose

ME Howdy?
VO Am fine & U?

ME Good.

VO Pass me your Doc.
Me Ok Sir

VO He was checking very page of my Passport from the beginning to the end, he also check from the back to the front as well,
taking him up to 1 minute 50 seconds to throw the first question.
VO Know traveling history?

ME Yes

VO WHY?

ME No reason for it.

VO what is the purpose of your trip to the US?

ME To study CE at ***** state university located at P*******

VO Can I see your WAEC result?

ME I gave him the result, he then the place the result under ultra violent light to check if it is fake or not

VO why CE?
ME Am willing to shift my expertise from S&G to CE to suite family business.

VO why the university?
ME the university is consistently in the top 15 US universities offering Engineering on it investment per student on Libraries, computer facilities, language learning facilities, .......

VO cut in, Do you need Libraries to study?
ME I said something but I can really remember what I told him, but it something like NO.

VO How many other universities do you apply to?
ME 4 schools

VO Name them?
ME memorial university of newfoundland canada
california state university
Howard university
university of lagos

VO how much is your tuition fee?
ME 24,000 US dollar or there about.

VO Who is going to pay all this 24,000 US dollar
ME My dad
at this moment he has already place my international passport alongside other international passport collected for the day. I was very happy at the moment

VO what does your dad do?
ME He is a chief superintendent of police and he also owns a small scale business.

At the point he was looking at his computer, he also look at me and then remove my passport from the other ones.
I was praying with my mind my cos I know something has went wrong.

VO Your dad business is not doing fine at the moment, am going to denial you on the bases of funding your education in the US,
you can reapply when you have adaquate funding.

The time frame for the interview is about 13 minute.
On that day, they were all denying everybody including family pple.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
Zone 2 Zone:

At the entrance, I was sent back to go and make a payment of balance of 3,300 naira of my Visa application fee. This really affect my moral cos the cash I have on me wasn`t up to the amount requested for. To make things worst the nearest ATM machine at Area 3 for those who know ABJ very well. At last, I have the cash and paid to them at the Embassy.

VO Good morning?

ME Howdy?
VO Am fine & U?

ME Good.

VO Pass me your Doc.
Me Ok Sir

VO He was checking very page of my Passport from the beginning to the end, he also check from the back to the front as well,

ME Yes

VO WHY?

ME No reason for it.

ME I gave him the result, he then the place the result under ultra violent light to check if it is fake or not

VO why CE?

VO why the university?
ME the university is consistently in the top 15 US universities offering Engineering on it investment per student on Libraries, computer facilities, language learning facilities, .......

ME I said something but I can really remember what I told him, but it something like NO.

ME 4 schools

VO Name them?
Howard university
university of lagos

ME My dad
at this moment he has already place my international passport alongside other international passport collected for the day. I was very happy at the moment

ME He is a chief superintendent of police and he also owns a small scale business.

At the point he was looking at his computer, he also look at me and then remove my passport from the other ones.
VO Your dad business is not doing fine at the moment, am going to denial you on the bases of funding your education in the US, you can reapply when you have

to be completed later

The same man denied me with style . With all this , d lady or guy in 7 will issue u , likewise me . I tire for the guy . Sorry bro
Are u reapply if so when ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2012
Zone 2 Zone:

VO Good morning?

ME Howdy?
VO Am fine & U?

ME Good.

VO Pass me your Doc.
Me Ok Sir

ME Yes

VO WHY?

ME No reason for it.

VO why CE?

VO why the university?

ME 4 schools

VO Name them?
Howard university
university of lagos

ME My dad

VO Your dad business is not doing fine at the moment, am going to denial you on the bases of funding your education in the US, you can reapply when you have

to be completed later

The same man denied me with style . With all this , d lady or guy in 7 will issue u , likewise me . I tire for the guy . Sorry bro
Are u reapplyin , if so when ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2012
rowlandoo:

Bros leave ur email , . Releasing the date won't affect you , since we don't have the same email . Once you cancel it , it will show on the calender then I will book it right away . But we need to be online same time so someone else don't pick it . My email Is austiinn33d@yahoo.com

@house

Please help explain this thing ro my obsculfe oo .
bros! You gonna hv 2 tel pple lyk imperioux,dr dolittle,deevick246 e.t.c to tel me 2 giv it 2 u. Ds guys have helped me out several tyms, moreover dey hv experience. If u can tel dem to tel me 2 give it to u wit assurance dt it won't affect me in anyway, i wil gladly giv it to u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Zone2Zone: 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2012
Paying another visa fee tomorrow, where are you?

Are u reapply if so when ?
[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2012
rowlandoo:

Cool baba
After feww hours , then I will have to stay in front of the pc and keep refreshin . Can do that on my phone . .

You guys shouldn't get me wrong. He (obusco4lyfe) might release the date and you (rowlandoo) might end up not being the one that gets it. It may not be available till the end of the day or more till whenever they feel to increase the slot for that particular date. And you obusco4lyfe, you might not get such date anymore. All is luck.

obusco4lyfe: bros! You gonna hv 2 tel pple lyk imperioux,dr dolittle,deevick246 e.t.c to tel me 2 giv it 2 u. Ds guys have helped me out several tyms, moreover dey hv experience. If u can tel dem to tel me 2 give it to u wit assurance dt it won't affect me in anyway, i wil gladly giv it to u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2012
Zone 2 Zone:

VO Good morning?

ME Howdy?
VO Am fine & U?

ME Good.

VO Pass me your Doc.
Me Ok Sir

ME Yes

VO WHY?

ME No reason for it.

VO why CE?

VO why the university?

ME 4 schools

VO Name them?
Howard university
university of lagos

ME My dad

VO Your dad business is not doing fine at the moment, am going to denial you on the bases of funding your education in the US,
you can reapply when you have adaquate funding.

The time frame for the interview is about 13 minute.
On that day, they were all denying everybody including family pple.

using the word "small scale" ended your case...otherwise you would have been approvesd...a VO can easily calculate with his brains how far a small scale business can go in Nigeria...you should have said your dad has a personal/family business alongside his profession and he's left to ask what and what and how big his business is....propagate the enormous business and wealth of your parents even if dem no get shishi....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by successgrace: 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2012
walex57:
Guy where u dey...you just lock up sha!

Bro not like that oooo...
Just some work stuff takes my time even before my interview i culd not finish part 1 NL Just went by faith
i really envy pple like Imperiouxx,GboyegaD,Phy etc and i wish i culd help oda naija guys like dese NLander but bro my experience is limited i will try as much as i can ooo
i keep praying for dese guys(imperiouxx, Phy,GboyegaD etc) cos i wonder as school hard for yankee dey still have time to post on NL(Hoe una dey do am sef lol)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by successgrace: 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2012
@ gurus in the house please i want to ask how do one go about his medical examinations before coming to usa

As in
Which hospital ?
What are the necessary test? TB Yellow fever or ...?

Again please must one but a fone with dese T mobile or u only nid deir sim card?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
successgrace: @ gurus in the house please i want to ask how do one go about his medical examinations before coming to usa

As in
Which hospital ?

Again please must one but a fone with dese T mobile or u only nid deir sim card?
My guy you too worry...if you're talking about the health insurance and tests i'll advice you do it when you get to your school...you'll be more secure with that...and of course..you can take your naija foen to usa...it's already unlocked for all you need is just get an operator's package and off you go or simply go on prepaid as you dey do for naija...gurus abeg i yarn correct?
success abeg you still dey hear from toyin abi she don comot?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2012
[quote author=Zone 2 Zone]Paying another visa fee tomorrow, where are you?

I am back in lagos .

What's jappening where are u . You can see even guys going for basketball were granted by 6 7. 9 .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2012
@ obscu4lyfe

I hope you have seen what he said about the whole date thing . But am sure I will get it . Try and calm down and let me pay another mrv this week then u release it . I will refresh till it falls to me .

@imperiox
Baba that guy don defer admission to springs .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
rowlandoo: @ obscu4lyfe

I hope you have seen what he said about the whole date thing . But am sure I will get it . Try and calm down and let me pay another mrv this week then u release it . I will refresh till it falls to me .

@imperiox
Baba that guy don defer admission to springs .

OK!!!! Then he can release the date and search another towards october but that's not assurance that you will get it. I don't know if getting date three month ahead is still possible.

successgrace:

Just some work stuff takes my time even before my interview i culd not finish part 1 NL Just went by faith
i really envy pple like Imperiouxx,GboyegaD,Phy etc and i wish i culd help oda naija guys like dese NLander but bro my experience is limited i will try as much as i can ooo
i keep praying for dese guys(imperiouxx, Phy,GboyegaD etc) cos i wonder as school hard for yankee dey still have time to post on NL(Hoe una dey do am sef lol)

Spring break starts for most of us since May and ends in mid Aug. In my school individual research (i.e undergraduate or masters thesis) is for summer and the summer ends for me next week Wednesday. Most time I reply while in the lab doing my experiment, at most I get home late in the night. Wait till fall starts next month, you go see how faces go scarce for here.

walex57:
My guy you too worry...if you're talking about the health insurance and tests i'll advice you do it when you get to your school...you'll be more secure with that...and of course..you can take your naija foen to usa...it's already unlocked for all you need is just get an operator's package and off you go or simply go on prepaid as you dey do for naija...gurus abeg i yarn correct?
success abeg you still dey hear from toyin abi she don comot?

That's true, I'm using the phone I brought from Nigeria here. All I did was that I got a Tmobile SIM and use it with my phone. They also do plans that offers your a new phone with sim or simless. Many operators are here with different plans you want.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 12:51am On Jul 23, 2012
emekatimsu: Pls house,i will be going for my interview soonest bt i applied in Just one skool and got addmission to do my Msc progamme there.
My question is this, i dn't knw if the VO will score me a low point fr applying into only one skool?
Secondly, wot if d VO ask me hw may skools i applied to and i lie dt i applied to more more than one,is there any way of him finding out in hs system? ?

Just mention 3schools if s/he ask you. I am not sure that is a crime though because my friends only applied to my school and they got their visa. Just have a good reason for choosing the school and the program in particular.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 12:54am On Jul 23, 2012
rowlandoo: Vo . Aw u doing
Am good sir.
Not even looking at pc just collect my docs and we started interactin.

So why u going to us
Me .m to study MIS ,coz info.system is still be nacent .

So why did you choose kansas state uni.

Me . Coz dey ve d best facultu in my subject .
VO.m now he cut me and turn to pc . I guess jst entered my info .
VO. So u applied before ? .
Me . Yes sir
VO . Oh k ,so did iu write the american SAT,?
(Nd honestly I registered but was unable to write it coz I was late and cud not locate centre in IB ontime )
Me. Said No but I wrote toefl . But he did not ask to see so I lock up .
VO what other schools did u apply .
Me . Colorado state , trinity western and eastern mennonite .
VO. How did u know abt them .

Me . On the internet , but he was typind and I kep talkin .
VO . Oh k , so when did u finish high skool

Me. 03 ..VO what have u been doin
Me. Since my course is not been offered here I ve been takin diplima courese and working . (D man just hold put hand for chick de listen to me .
VO . So how long does diploma course takes .
ME . The first 1 year and d second 2yrs .
VO . Oh so minus 3 years from 8yrs , wot ve u been doing for 5yrs . Told him workin with church . This time he keeps typin typin and stupid typin .
ME. I knew I ve been denied I was strong I said tank u .

VO . Sorry but u are a good student .

If you don't mind, I would like to ask your present level in Ife. if you have gone as far as 300level, I may have to advise you try to graduate and then come in for graduate program since you guys are already through with 1st semester which means you have just 5 more semesters to go but if not, then you can try again and please, I feel your response on why you chose Kansas State University wasn't good enough because you could have added how you came to your conclusion of them being the best in the program you applied to and not leaving it vague. Whatever your decision, I wish you the very best in life.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 12:58am On Jul 23, 2012
DEJAY1: Hello house,i A̶̲̥̅♏ new here Ãήϑ i need ur advise,contributions on my issue. A̶̲̥̅♏ 30yrs of age,finished secondary school in 1998 with no bsc,ond nor hnd till date.bt i have schl cert nd i've been a dj since i left secondary school.recently i met someone who has been in d US nd agreed to help me.he dd everything for me.i.e my admission process Ãήϑ also stood as my sponsor.As A̶̲̥̅♏ talkin to ┏̲u̶̲̅┓̲,i've all my documents i.e-i20,sevis,1904 nd others.nd have scheduled interview for september 4th.i have been reading ds thread for a couple of days now nd sincerely A̶̲̥̅♏ scared to go for the interview.now my question is,is there any chance A̶̲̥̅♏ gonna be granted visa.secondly on mY ds160,i mentioned ds person as a relative in the US,is dat not gonna affect me,thirdly A̶̲̥̅♏ intending to arrange a sort of introduction wit a gurl jst to prove a tie to 9ja.C̶̲̥̅̊ά̲̣̥и̣̣̣̣̥ i also take along my previous nd present workplaces id card to the embass,letter of appointment,letter of reference @my present workplace,nd also my radio station idcard for proof.

I would advice you pursue your dreams. You sound so convincing and all you need do is to be bold in answering the VO and try to be as clear as possible. more so, on the issue of your sponsor, since he has the werewithal to see you through school, I would suggest you make the VO know that your not going to school as at then was due to some financial challenges and now, your uncle is willing. I hope to read your good news soonest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 1:11am On Jul 23, 2012
obusco4lyfe: bros! You gonna hv 2 tel pple lyk imperioux,dr dolittle,deevick246 e.t.c to tel me 2 giv it 2 u. Ds guys have helped me out several tyms, moreover dey hv experience. If u can tel dem to tel me 2 give it to u wit assurance dt it won't affect me in anyway, i wil gladly giv it to u.

Since you have resolved to reschedule to October, what do you need their authorisation for? After all, it is not transferable and all he is asking of you is that you let him know when you intend cancelling so that he can be alert perhaps he might be fortunate the date appears on his screen for him to select. It doesn't affect you in any ways except you want to have your interview on that date. If you are cancelling a second time, you may not be able to get another date until after a period of 90 days or thereabout and whether or not you give it out, this still holds.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 1:19am On Jul 23, 2012
successgrace:

Whether school hard or not isn't the challenge. We all have different things we do to unwind our stress. While some go to the gym, some prefer to run, some play games on their PS3, some watch movies, some cook, some browse amongst others, nobody reads for 24hours. The issue however is different people with different work loads and some do not like distractions of whatsoever some and that makes them scarce from forums such as this. Whatever it is that makes you happy is what you should do provided it doesn't affect your studies and one thing I know is that no one teaches you how to live particularly when you think of what you have invested (money and time) and the various rules that keeps you in status because you do not want to fall out of status or lose your funding due to non academic performance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 1:22am On Jul 23, 2012
successgrace: @ gurus in the house please i want to ask how do one go about his medical examinations before coming to usa

As in
Which hospital ?

You can get your vaccinations (Yellow Fever, Meningitis etc) at LUTH, Idi Araba and I know they do that on Thursdays. As for TB, I think the rules differs in schools. My school for instance prefers the SHWC conducting the test on you and your student insurance covers that.
As for phones, if you want to use T-Mobile, it isn't necessary you buy their phone as all you need is their sim and register for a plan.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 1:31am On Jul 23, 2012
imperiouxx:

Spring break starts for most of us since May and ends in mid Aug. In my school individual research (i.e undergraduate or masters thesis) is for summer and the summer ends for me next week Wednesday. Most time I reply while in the lab doing my experiment, at most I get home late in the night. Wait till fall starts next month, you go see how faces go scarce for here.

Faces may not be too scarce you know. Besides, since the house is not so busy during spring although I know the responses may not be so much but I believe most people still read through the thread at least myself. Once I am free, my colleagues know all I do at work when I don't have students to attend to is my Nigerian blog like they call it and I have this naija guy that accuses me that I browse NL and don't visit his blog forgetting that I am almost addicted to NL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 7:25am On Jul 23, 2012
GboyegaD:

If you don't mind, I would like to ask your present level in Ife. if you have gone as far as 300level, I may have to advise you try to graduate and then come in for graduate program since you guys are already through with 1st semester which means you have just 5 more semesters to go but if not, then you can try again and please, I feel your response on why you chose Kansas State University wasn't good enough because you could have added how you came to your conclusion of them being the best in the program you applied to and not leaving it vague. Whatever your decision, I wish you the very best in life.

Thanks but I just don't want to be speaking sporadically since he was concentrating on the pc that is why I stopped talking . And tanks for the advice you are a bomb blast . Will re think and go back if the guys can release the date .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 7:25am On Jul 23, 2012
imperiouxx:

OK!!!! Then he can release the date and search another towards october but that's not assurance that you will get it. I don't know if getting date three month ahead is still possible.

That's true, I'm using the phone I brought from Nigeria here. All I did was that I got a Tmobile SIM and use it with my phone. They also do plans that offers your a new phone with sim or simless. Many operators are here with different plans you want.
@imperioux yes boss! I wil do jst dt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 7:35am On Jul 23, 2012
@obusco4lyfe

Try and get with me tru email and let's talk . Better still if you drop me your email .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 8:04am On Jul 23, 2012
[quote author=rowlandoo]@obusco4lyfe

Try and get with me tru email and let's talk . Better still if you drop me your email . [/quote

Where u de , I can see you online . Try email me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 9:43am On Jul 23, 2012
@ house

Can be eligible for emergency appt again? On my new mrv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:04am On Jul 23, 2012
HMMMMMM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 10:10am On Jul 23, 2012
kpolli: HMMMMMM

Hmmm?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:42am On Jul 23, 2012
Sha_money should have his green ticket by now cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:45am On Jul 23, 2012
rowlandoo:

Hmmm?

Have u paid for MRV?

Plus are u now ready for this new interview u plan on going for? Cos u sounded confused from the onset. . .

First was where to do interview, then dates cos u picked june then changed to september, don't even know how u got july. . . . Calm down, be honest in ur application. . . do not hide anything

U kinda remind me of suxes2005 in pt1 undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:55am On Jul 23, 2012
@deevick26 still waiting for u

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.