Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,457 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308855 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dannywest01: 7:49am On Sep 16, 2012
What's up with people requesting for email address for personal questions self, this is a thread and we are all here to learn, if you keep asking for emails and not asking ur questions here nobody will learn anything. Why don't y'all ask ur questions here and let others benefit from it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 8:00am On Sep 16, 2012
Just Passing by.

Wishing everyone applying for visa come fall success, especially my man deeverick, you shall testify. For those applying to community college or what have you, sincerely i used to think that the school you apply to can decrease your chances of getting a visa but thats a big lie. I know of more than 5 different people that applied to a community college this year and currently in the US. As a matter of fact i was on a flight with one of them he applied to a community college in Vegas. I sincerely do not know the criteria for a visa, but in my own opinion, community college is not what everyone says it is here. I applied to a private school in Ohio that nobody knows not even the VO and i was given my visa. My 2 cents pls complete your DS 190 form in a very professional and coordinated manner, cus thats all they gat on you. I hate to say this but luck also comes into play. A new Nigerian student joined me in my school early this week and trust me when i say this, if this guy could get a visa, all nairaland should also get one.

May the good Lord guide your steps and lead you the the right VO that will issue your visa My 2 cent.

For those currently in the US pls before yo make any serious crucial decision, call your relative in the US or a nairalander. Knowledge is power. I am adjusting very fine so far because i have a brother and a sister down here.

All is well that ends well, the struggle is not over. US is another set of struggle, trust me because the people here are totally different, or maybe its just state, dont know.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 9:16am On Sep 16, 2012
kpolli:

It's a type of bomb grin grin grin grin grin

Just kidding
Abeg no boko tins õ grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 9:37am On Sep 16, 2012
king1_00: Just Passing by.

Wishing everyone applying for visa come fall success, especially my man deeverick, you shall testify. For those applying to community college or what have you, sincerely i used to think that the school you apply to can decrease your chances of getting a visa but thats a big lie. I know of more than 5 different people that applied to a community college this year and currently in the US. As a matter of fact i was on a flight with one of them he applied to a community college in Vegas. I sincerely do not know the criteria for a visa, but in my own opinion, community college is not what everyone says it is here. I applied to a private school in Ohio that nobody knows not even the VO and i was given my visa. My 2 cents pls complete your DS 190 form in a very professional and coordinated manner, cus thats all they gat on you. I hate to say this but luck also comes into play. A new Nigerian student joined me in my school early this week and trust me when i say this, if this guy could get a visa, all nairaland should also get one.

May the good Lord guide your steps and lead you the the right VO that will issue your visa My 2 cent.

For those currently in the US pls before yo make any serious crucial decision, call your relative in the US or a nairalander. Knowledge is power. I am adjusting very fine so far because i have a brother and a sister down here.

All is well that ends well, the struggle is not over. US is another set of struggle, trust me because the people here are totally different, or maybe its just state, dont know.
Thanks Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2012

Okay. Gud talk. U meant DS160?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2012

Please can you give an example on that. How do you mean complete your DS 190 form in a very professional manner. Are there special ways to fill that form? kindly advice.

PS. is it DS 190 or DS 160 form.....im confused o undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2012
Anthonymighty:

You are just ........

djunit1:

You come ............

Let it go guys. Djunit, it's annoying when someone is in his situation and heard such you said to him(though initially I thought the comment meant for another thread). Anthony, you won't face any obstacle in your life and no one will. You'll make it too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2012
@king,

So e don become ''just passing by'' now? Abeg o! And many other fall guys too, we no dey see most break lights again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2012

Thanks my friend for wishing me success. I am also happy for you that you are doing well in your studies. I saw the picture where you represented naija in your university heritage festival. Keep the Green-White-Green flag high.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
Anthonymighty:

Please can you give an example on that. How do you mean complete your DS 190 form in a very professional manner. Are there special ways to fill that form? kindly advice.

PS. is it DS 190 or DS 160 form.....im confused o undecided

Sorry for the misconception, i meant the DS 160 form, alot on my mind here. Let everything on that form make proper sense. dont live too many gaps between your educational qualification and work experience. There is a part of the form that says if you have ever worked for a professional non profit organization, put something there that relates to your course of study, dont leave it blank, If you are not currently employed, look for a related company and put it there, if fact put past(NYSC) and current employer. Remember to always make it related to your past and future studies. Contact in USA, should be a school Offiical, no one else. Please nobody should be discouraged about anything, like undergraduate dont get a visa or something, i always tot i liked that too but its a wrong thinking. Naomi is on this thread, had a bachelors degree and was given a visa for another bachelors degree(tho its 2 years). Another classmate of mine in Nigeria had a pretty low cgpa, and was given a visa to study another bachelors degree. Just make a good application, and convince the VO that you intend to study, thats all in my opinion. The interview might not be a reliable means of issueing a visa, but they make a decision for the most part.

Also if you are going for a course related to military like engineering, medicine, psychology or what have you, you can tell the VO that you intend joining the Nigerian Military on completion of your studies and putting an end to this boko haram menace. Thats VERY GOOD TIE. worked for me despite that fact that i have 3 siblings in the states.

All the best and Good luck to Spring Applicants.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by djunit1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2012
imperiouxx:

Let it go guys. Djunit, it's annoying when someone is in his situation and heard such you said to him(though initially I thought the comment meant for another thread). Anthony, you won't face any obstacle in your life and no one will. You make it too.

I guess I overreacted, I felt it was bad of him to call someone who was performing his duty a douche-bag, and that was the first thing I saw.

Oga Mighty, I pray that everything you do would come out positive.

I wish all of una luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
obusco4lyfe: so wat re u implyin? Cs d name of my sch is howard college!

It's a community college
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
dannywest01: What's up with people requesting for email address for personal questions self, this is a thread and we are all here to learn, if you keep asking for emails and not asking ur questions here nobody will learn anything. Why don't y'all ask ur questions here and let others benefit from it. Thanks

Illegal tinz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:11pm On Sep 16, 2012
djunit1:

I guess I overreacted, I felt it was bad of him to call someone who was performing his duty a douche-bag, and that was the first thing I saw.

Oga Mighty, I pray that everything you do would come out positive.

I wish all of una luck

Thanks.

@Anthony,

It's well with you and others still expecting their visas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2012
king1_00:

Sorry for the misconception, i meant the DS 160 form, alot on my mind here. Let everything on that form make proper sense. dont live too many gaps between your educational qualification and work experience. There is a part of the form that says if you have ever worked for a professional non profit organization, put something there that relates to your course of study, dont leave it blank, If you are not currently employed, look for a related company and put it there, if fact put past(NYSC) and current employer. Remember to always make it related to your past and future studies. Contact in USA, should be a school Offiical, no one else. Please nobody should be discouraged about anything, like undergraduate dont get a visa or something, i always tot i liked that too but its a wrong thinking. Naomi is on this thread, had a bachelors degree and was given a visa for another bachelors degree(tho its 2 years). Another classmate of mine in Nigeria had a pretty low cgpa, and was given a visa to study another bachelors degree. Just make a good application, and convince the VO that you intend to study, thats all in my opinion. The interview might not be a reliable means of issueing a visa, but they make a decision for the most part.

Also if you are going for a course related to military like engineering, medicine, psychology or what have you, you can tell the VO that you intend joining the Nigerian Military on completion of your studies and putting an end to this boko haram menace. Thats VERY GOOD TIE. worked for me despite that fact that i have 3 siblings in the states.

All the best and Good luck to Spring Applicants.

I don't preach dishonesty, whatever ur putting in ur DS-160 should be "as is". . . Meaning current truthful situation, if everyone had a job in Nigeria at everytime of their lives, we wud have the best economy. . . . . In my application, I put the truth and I got it. . . It's all God's favor. . . Don't and lie in ur application and expect God to help u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
@oyewolejos,

I have confirmed it from a friend who went to renew in mexico recently. It's possible students renew their visas in mexico with their valid I-20, letter from the school and proof of funding either in the name of the student or the parents or the school(i.e scholarship or grant). When it's time, I'll know my route their too. grin Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 8:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
Gudday everyone,I want to ask if a friend in the US can pay and register for GRE on my behalf.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2012
eduson002: Gudday everyone,I want to ask if a friend in the US can pay and register for GRE on my behalf.

sure.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Abmoney: 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2012
Please Friends, is there a Fixed price for the GRE exam here in Lagos ? because I'm having this strong nudge that one guy wan sweep lagos boy head for him home town O°˚˚˚ Shoooo!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 9:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
Manweysabi: @bigfrancis, i want to apply for Masters in Economics. Is it GRE or GMAT am suppose to write? Kindly send any of the required materials needed for admission and visa application to manweysabi2012@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Very few schools would accept GMAT from you as the requirement by majority Economics program is the GRE and your quantitative scores really matters as they look into it more critically as it is believed that Economics at Advanced Levels is more Mathematical.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
imperiouxx:

sure.

yeah but he can't do that online unless you are testing outside Nigeria. You fill out the form scan and attach to him, while he enters his credit card details or any other acceptable mode of payment and fax, mail and courier to the Region 9. I sent mine via NIPOST since Aug 27 to Canada and has not been delivered.to Oct.That allowed me change my test from Nov So just scan and attach, if fresh ink is required, get him a blank copy, those American guys no dey get time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
jimtosam:

Please, don't use the word forge again. Since your dad will give his consent .

Jimtosam, please kindly email me. I need to ask you an urgent question. loretta_001@yahoo.com

Thanks man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 11:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
ferdiii:

yeah but he can't do that online unless you are testing outside Nigeria. You fill out the form scan and attach to him, while he enters his credit card details or any other acceptable mode of payment and fax, mail and courier to the Region 9. I sent mine via NIPOST since Aug 27 to Canada and has not been delivered.to Oct.That allowed me change my test from Nov So just scan and attach, if fresh ink is required, get him a blank copy, those American guys no dey get time.
[size=8pt][/size] @ Ferdii,can u pls explain.I dnt understand ur post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 4:24am On Sep 17, 2012
kpolli:

I don't preach dishonesty, whatever ur putting in ur DS-160 should be "as is". . . Meaning current truthful situation, if everyone had a job in Nigeria at everytime of their lives, we wud have the best economy. . . . . In my application, I put the truth and I got it. . . It's all God's favor. . . Don't and lie in ur application and expect God to help u

Thank you for pointing this out kpolli. Two years ago when I discovered this thread, people gave honest advice. I totally fell in love with the thread. Fast forward 2 years, I cringe at some of the things that are suggested. Granted we are not saints ; but, shall we continue to live in sin that grace may abound? This forum does not preach dishonesty and we should be careful not to encourage it otherwise before we know it, it will be a big pot of mess.

I wish everyone the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 17, 2012
eduson002: [size=8pt][/size] @ Ferdii,can u pls explain.I dnt understand ur post.

Just as I said. He can but if u are testing in Nigeria that means ur location is not qualified for online payment. So he will enter his credit card detail on the form u gave him and fax, mail or courier to the region 9 in the Netherlands.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Baiyewu: 7:22am On Sep 17, 2012
king1_00:

Jimtosam, please kindly email me. I need to ask you an urgent question. loretta_001@yahoo.com

Thanks man.
bros how u dey......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 11:54am On Sep 17, 2012
Baiyewu: bros how u dey......
I bam oh, how your side nah?. Send me your number so we can talk men.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
madeit2thetop: pls I will need toefl material also send it to my mail here olivernewton39@yahoo.com
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2012
eduson002: Gudday everyone,I want to ask if a friend in the US can pay and register for GRE on my behalf.
Yea. Possible. A friend of mine in Canada registered for me. I filled the form, scanned and sent it to him via e-mail. I then sent him $175 (N28,000), which is the GRE fee. He then got a money order of $175 (which is one of the forms of GRE payment) from his bank in Canada and mailed it together with the form to ETS, US.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.