Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing (15801 Views)

Exposed:how To Create Your Own Professional JAMB CBT Software No Coding Required / What Would Be Your Economic Policies If You Were The President Of Nigeria? / Test Your Economic Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 9:16am On Oct 13, 2012
nuattitude74: Bros,where u ? I dey wait for the next installment O ! On the issue of perseverence ehn, can you touch on knowing when to quit ? Stick-to-itiveness is good but e fit kill person so, when man suppose know when to bail out of an endeavour ?

I must say that I love that phrase. Where did u get it from?
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
69 ) Business vs Career

Some folks talk about going into business almost as an antithesis to having a career job, and vise versa. One person might be looking out
for financial stability/security in her choice while the other might be looking out for some flexibility, loci of control or oppurtunity
to make big time cash. All well and good.

I have some thinking on this subject especially as I have experienced both worlds to some extent. However lets talk about promotion in your
chosen job/career. My aim here is to slowly caliberate our expectations away from the 'what' to the 'why'

Have you ever come accross someone complaining bitterly about lack of promotion or lack of opportunities in her office? Happens all the time right

(I'll seriously welcome some critique here)
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2012
70) So what's the difference?

Imagining the following scenarios:

Scenario 1) Career
You get into an employment, and work your behind off for 2 years. You notice that your income has not increased much since you joined the company.
The company is not even sending you off for trainings
They are not putting you on important projects where you can gain some more experience.
You feel extremely bitter

Scenario 2) Business
You sit behind the wheels as the owner of a business, folks apply to have a career/job in your coy.
Your primary goal as the owner of the coy is to make money and ensure your coy does not sink. Abi?
Now just imagine some staff moaning about promotion and oppurtunities in this same coy. Sounds like little mosquitoes disturbing you shei?
They can take a walk for all you care. All except for the ones that are critical to the success of your business.

U notice the shift in thinking from the different positions?
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2012
71) Still on Business vs Career

If I am a die-hard capitalist and the owner of a business, the only reason that I would be thinking of increasing your pay is:
1) if this gives me better value for my money.
2) U are a unique staff that I am trying hard to retain and ur particular skills are ireplaceable

So quit moaning, it might give you a heart condition for nothing. U can up and leave the job, or try to make yourself an asset to the business owner. With this, you might be able to partake in profit sharing through increased salary, promotion or deals with the business owner. Bring contract for your oga, and im go fit give u 60% of the profit sef

Read the story of Alex Okosi, the Nigerian man working in MTV who brought the industry to Nigeria
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/28/showbiz/akex-okosi-mtv-africa/index.html

This should give you a feel of how even your career can be treated as a business. Giving you the opportunity to have secure earnings plus potential business oppurtunities and a fat pay cheque to boot. I guess its up to our interests and abilities (just a guess)

(** of course, most of my analysis is centered around small companies, but they share a lot of similarities with big one men owned companies like Glo. With companies owned by multiple shareholders the analysis would be different**)

1 Like

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2012
72) Recap

I am going to offload one of the big ones pretty soon. I'll slowly work my way towards it, and try my best not to deviate. But before this, lets recap.

I started this post driven by complaints I hear all the time both offline and online about seemingly hopeless situations as regards money. It was also an oppurtunity to offload pressure that had been building up in me for several years to pass a message accros on alternative thinkings on economic well being. I have shared for free my knowledge (which i bought with time, money, observations, begging, prayers and determination), and this pressure has thankfully eased off. I hope it finally quenches so that I can move on to other things.

There would be a time I would cast this thread as a precious jewel to my heart into the deep waters of Nairaland and watch it sink to the bottom like I've done with another extremely insightful thread in this forum.

(https://www.nairaland.com/950830/before-leaving-nigeria-things-must/4 My comments in the thread are on career breakthrough in the UK from the 4th page all the way to the last)

My prayers on those who pick it up is that they find its content extremely useful in their day-to-day lives. I'll probably resurect it once in a while.

1 Like

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 8:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
73) Total recall

I introduced web thinking which is the big engine beneath the bonnet of this writeup. This I have argued is important in taking us away from the slavery of rules of wealth. These rules are great, especially valuable as memorisable nuggets to be carried around. However, I feel that many are restrictive and not deep enough to light our paths. We therefore run into hapless situations when we apply them when faced with new challenges in new environments. I particularly remember how someone read so much about networking in a linear fashion. In trying to apply this in the UK, it did not work. However, with web thinking she was able to raise her neck above the waters.

My suggestion is this: just read this thread over and over again no matter how boring it gets. Critique if need be, in order to own it. It would soon take a life of its own and u might feel it tap on your shoulder when you're facing a tough situation and you're thinking of ways around it.

Boy!! it has been extremely useful to me, and I thank God for this.

....Next we talk about emotions and you
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2012
74) Animation, Personifactions et al

I noticed the transition from the word cartoon to the word animation as is presently used.
I dont know why, but I have this sneaky feeling that the process that birthed the new replacement word -animation is not presently captured effectively. i.e, if you search for the meaning of animation, you're basically told what a cartoon is all about. So why did the name have to change?

If you've watched they way new phrases are coined to capture research thesis in the initiation stages, you might understand what I mean.

I suspect that scholars initially pushed the idea of animation to mean the breathing of life into cartoon characters. This would have been neccesary in order for the audience to be able to connect emotionally with the cartoon characters, therefore leading to a greater buy-in

You see, the more an object displays human attributes, the more empathy we fill, and the more connection we have to the object. If in a movie, a tree is made to display human xteristics and is then cut down, you might find yourself crying.

You get my point?
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 10:02am On Oct 14, 2012
75) Perceptions and you

I have followed with interest the killing of the Aluu4 in Rivers state. I totally condemn jungle justice, but I am fully aware of the wider issues of which that unfortunate even was a minute part.

In my observations (not scientific) of this event and other events that involve perception, I have noticed that ladies tend to share a different perspective.
-For example when everyone was yabbing BEAF and saying he was Reno, ladies saw Reno's pictures and were more interested and commenting more on in his looks and his husband material-ness. In fact guys tire for them
-Ladies where not impressed that the 'fine' Aluu4 were killed

We tend to associate more with those that we share similarities with
-Lindaikeji who is a lady and into showbiz was quick to draw attention to the Aluu4 musical careers. She warned that anyone who posted in her blog support anything apart from condemnation for the act would be kicked out
-Poor folks are killed regularly in this manner, and we don't care.
-In fact some ladies take a look at the pictures of these poor folks and say things like: "his face looks like that of a thief"

It has actually been scientifically shown that we 'tend' to marry or mate with folks that share similarities with us
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2012
76)Emotional baggage (xtian lessons)

What I have tried to draw out in a hurry is that we do have emotional baggage/buttons that we carry along with us, and which can be our strengths or our undoing.

-Imagine King David in the bible was ill, and his advisors felt that what he needs was a young girl sleeping by his side to give him strength

"Jesus wept" John 11: 35.
-That's the shortest verse in the bible. If you read the account that lead to this, you would understand why. Here was someone going to raise someone from the dead and yet he wept.
-Simply because everyone around was weeping. As humans, we tend to mirror things around us, take on peoples grief and happiness.
-Even your simply reading this account from the bible could make you emotional

Jesus actually had to shake himself off the sorrow in order to perform his miracle. Please read those verses again, stop at John 11:38-39. Use all translations available

(internet na ur friend. U can try this one: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2011:35-40&version=MSG).....

...to decode what happened there. This is something that no one has probably ever shown you, but is loaded with the deep breadth of the Spirit. Stop waiting for your pastor to show u stuff grin, latch on to the Spirit

1 Like

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 10:49am On Oct 14, 2012
77) Emotional Baggage (Secular lessons grin)

By now we are fully aware that if you want trouble from the 'intelligenstia' in yoruba land, just curse Awo wink.
And there you go, you have a storm. Even their professors of rocket science will join the ruffu ruffu fight. Expect to hear cliches like this:

"no one messes with the Yorubas and goes scot free".

Ok, No problem. Go to the North and yab Mohammed and God. Well, expect to come back in a casket without your head. Even their academics will pen subtle stuff regretting the incident, but cautioning everyone that actions lead to reactions

Go to Benin kingdom and insult their Oba. Em, expect that there would be a move for a council to be held in another planet to decide your case grin, except you're not worth it

With all these identified emotional baggage/buttons, you could sit back as a politician or illimunati grin to manipulate the system towards your goals
Secretly paste big blasphemy picture in Kano 1 day before Friday, and during a presidential election season. On Friday, Southerners (mostly SE) get killed. Southerners are angry but meek.

Sponsor a a big writer from the SS or SE zone to write against Awo. U can be almost sure that the SW and North will unite against the other parts of the country in the political battle.

You the politician smile to the bank, ................while the others are like sheep being lead to the slaughter

2 Likes

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 11:35am On Oct 14, 2012
78) The world is a stage, and u be actor for inside

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts (William Shakespeare)

**This is the big one I was talking about**

The journey that we have taken you through is in order for us to emphasise this point. You've watched movies and seen the way one thing intelligently leads to the next (not nollywood wen things dey happen without reason. ..Suddenly)

The actors in movies play their part, towards a desired end. in order words, they work backwards from the end towards the present. They are emotionless, not actually connected to the event unfolding but yet potray a lot of emotions in the movies, all for you to connect. So the actor when slapped in the movie will not go off script, vex and carry im bag dey go house. Abi?

There are so much emotional urges welling up in us daily, but I'd do well to keep them in check if they are not useful, and unleash them only when the need arises. Much like an actor, we script our emotions towards outcomes we desire. We also need to be mindful of how the emotions of others affect their disposition towards us or how we can be swallowed up by the emotions of the mob

There are so many stories on 'Acting' from the bible and the secular world which i can share with you. I intend to share some......
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2012
79) Getting him to buy that dress

Sarah so loved that dress she saw in one of those high street shops. She wanted to purchase it, but knew that her husband Sam would be mad at her for squandering money. What did men understand. She had once seen a dress just like this and told Sam that she would like to get it. Sam had asked her why, and she had said it would make her feel good and confident.

Sam then went on to lecture her lengthilly on the financial constraints that they were facing. In fact the whole event had lead to a one week quarrel. She was determined to get this new dress this time, but wanted to do it without the quarrel that would definitely come with it. Someone shared with her the idea I have just espoused, and she quickly chose a strategy that she was sure would work.

Sarah: Honey
Sam: yeah dear
Sarah: We would be attending your old boys meeting at the end of the month
Sam: Thats true, I almost forgot

Sarah: I can imagine the wives of your friends all looking gorgeous. Those your guys try sha, dem marry fine wives
Sam: yep, but not as beautiful as mine. Se your bumbum, none can beat this

Sarah: *Giggles, goes to the wardrobe and picks up an old dress* This is what I will wear to the event
Sam: *frowns, he hates this dress, it makes her look like an SU. Kai, im friends go yab am in secret* Why not try the red one you used in the last event?
Sarah: *frowns, but quickly regains her compusure. Silly man she thinks, How does he expect me to repeat same dress twice. Men and their dog brains*
Sarah: Oh, that lovely one. I gave it out to charity, but don't worry, I'll borrow a dress for the party
Sam: Tufiakpa, my wife borrow cloth? Impossible. Why not get a new one?

Sarah: But we're managing our finances remember?
Sam: Common babes, I'm not that poor naw. Aba!! Get urself a new dress. That definitely won't sink our bank account
Sarah: My king, and oga. Mighty sexy man, husband of this sexy ikebelicious woman
Sam: *grins* yes o. In fact here, add this money and get the best dress that would get eyes turning in that party. You backside must pop in the dress o

5 Likes

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by RoddyMan(m): 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2012
Guy, I must commend u on ur unique insights.... This is the 2nd time I've come to read thru ur posts. Don't stop learning and sharing.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by donguutti: 9:23pm On Oct 14, 2012
esere= dude i really do not know where to place your insightful posts, strategy, business, life
or all of the above .This is a great thread about looking inwards , outwards and viewing life
/business in a new light.Am still undecided about copying some of your post into my phone incase
nairaland shuts down tomorrow(i hope not).

More Grease to your Elbow, Brain,Fingers and to whoever cooks the food that enables you to make such great
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by biz1234: 2:04am On Oct 15, 2012
The secret to lasting success is to develop your system and stick by it.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2012
RoddyMan: Guy, I must commend u on ur unique insights.... This is the 2nd time I've come to read thru ur posts. Don't stop learning and sharing.

Thanks dude
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2012
donguutti: esere= dude i really do not know where to place your insightful posts, strategy, business, life
or all of the above .This is a great thread about looking inwards , outwards and viewing life
/business in a new light.Am still undecided about copying some of your post into my phone incase
nairaland shuts down tomorrow(i hope not).

More Grease to your Elbow, Brain,Fingers and to whoever cooks the food that enables you to make such great
Thanks O. grin

If you copy my post, me and Seun go sue you well well
angry
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2012
80) This cup shall surely pass

This thinking helps me kill present pains, and its one of those powerful nuggets that could prove useful to you. I'll describe the concept using a very close story (I hope i don't get into trouble with my write-ups 0.

Adaeze came crying to Chuka, she had an extra year in the university and couldn't believe it (although I can't say that she did much academically to escape this outcome). Adaeze and Chuka where close friends. Chuka consoled her the the way he knew best. She wouldn't be consoled, and kept crying saying her ma would kill her and her plans for the immediate future had been dashed e.t.c.

Chuka held her beautiful face in his palms, looked into her perfect brown eyes, smiled and said:

"Dear, you're crying today, tomorrow you'll also cry, next week you'd be crying a little. But trust me, this day next year, you'd have forgotten the pains of today, and I bet you in 5 years time, there wont be the slightest pain or its recall, plus this issue would definitely have passed"

Some 6 years later, Chuka and Adaeze met again in Canada. Once more like many years ago, they were in Chuka's place and Chuka was complaining bitterly about his present issues both financial and completing his thesis. Adaeze's eye's lit up, she reminded Chuka of that day 6 years ago when he comforted her, and how it worked wonders.

"Chuka" she said, "what you said was so true. look at me, I am a big girl now, its all passed away, and I only laugh and think about you when I recall the event". Chuka and Adaeze got laughing as they recalled old times. Chuka knew she was right, and thanked her in his heart for bringing this truth home when he needed it most.

[xtian perspective]Jesus despite the pains, praying that the cup he was about to drink should pass over him, understood that there was a tomorrow that would shine brighter than today.

My friends, no matter what we pass through, even at the pain of death, try to hold on to this, hold on to tomorrow. It will surely come either in this life or the next. My prayer for you is that it comes in this.

2 Likes

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
81) First write down the Vision, then make it plain

(You'll thank me soooo much for this tip when you start using it grin)

We recieve so much information daily,
Could be from Church, friends, TV, Meditation, dreams, conversations etc
The synthesis of all these information somehow drops ideas in us

By the next day, these ideas might have faded off, and we are left floating in daily routines and life's vicious cycle
A long time ago, I learnt to write down my ideas and objectives on a plane sheet of paper, I then write out tasks that feed into acheiving the ideas
Next, I paste it on my wardrobe door, where I can easilly see it every day (and safe from the prying eyes of friends and mockers)

I then try to acheive these littles tasks written on my task-sheet, and strike them off once they are acheived
The task-sheet helps keep my memory fresh on tasks needed to push me to the next level

So, when i get blinded by the maddening sand storms of life, its rat race, its pleasures and its distractions
I reach out for my task-sheet.
It tells me how far I have come, and what I must'nt let off my sight

You can skip the gist after this post and go to post # 82)
https://www.nairaland.com/994349/how-create-economic-success-out/5

1 Like

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by empowerdex(m): 12:53am On Dec 09, 2012
Best post on nairaland, can't count how many people I have shared this link with, I keep on coming for more, esere thanks a million
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 10:48am On Dec 09, 2012
empowerdex: Best post on nairaland, can't count how many people I have shared this link with, I keep on coming for more, esere thanks a million

You are welcome oooo my broda
The thing dey work die (90% guaranteed)

The whole concept even dey work for human relationship,
whether na babe, wife, friends, kpakos or ajes
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by MDCEO1: 1:58am On Dec 10, 2012
Guy! U're just guuuuuud! I've spent a good portion of my night reading and thinking through your posts, and I must say i'm really impressed.
Keep it up.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by Nobody: 5:09am On Dec 10, 2012
esere826: 62) FOCUS
Truely, I strongly belive that with this tools together (determination and focus), you can do practically anything. Make I no too tok make im no be like say I dey mad. I mean anything, even waking up the dead. o.k naw, dey there)
the bolded cracked me wif laf oh lol but truly, focus on an issue, would bring the right people and spiritsmiley that will make you raise the dead. Dont be a naughty doubting thomas, the right word, atmosphere etc will shape up for you. Nobody de raise dead na even some of our pastors no trysmiley. Hmm 30days believing/reasoning, becomes part of me even raising dead man *just think out loud*
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by Nobody: 5:16am On Dec 10, 2012
esere826: 63) FOCUS (2nd edition)

However, its an excellent vehicle if driven with caution. Even if it messes you up, don't worry. Its better to be silly and loose thousands of naira while young, than millions of naira and assets when old. The lessons would be more than worth it if we are wise.

amen oh, that is why i jump enta biz oh and what makes me hold on even tho the biz wei i de do now the shake but e no mata at all since now i young, learn my mistake, carry myself move. Thanks bros 4 encowink
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 10, 2012
esere826: Place holder

traditional man and wife growth as per 64b; Controlling versus predicting; relationship example of controlling outcomes; book examples of animate vs inanimate; too much reflection as a show stopper; just do it; connect back to web thinking; principles of compound interest/quick but small wins; business vs career, another mans business; career groth; soft skills; proxemics; body language; powerd differential; mumbai shoes; actors

.....em, em,, make i go sleep,
hope u sleep well. For me na read get me oh, em em bros i no understand wetin you com post, abeg brek am down. Thank u broza
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 10, 2012
biz1234: Success in my opinion is a deliberate act by some one who desires it. It does not just happen. So only those who really work and plan to be successful at what they do, actually make it. That is I strongly believe in this post. Any one desirous on success must plan and work for it. You will only get what you expect out of life.
yes oh broza esera don talk am ma say no be hardwork only sha but knowing needs and meeting, dynamics of animate and inanimate beings, focus+determination-blind perseverance, balance of money and power will bring success aka economic successsmiley
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
MD-CEO:
Guy! U're just guuuuuud! I've spent a good portion of my night reading and thinking through your posts, and I must say i'm really impressed.
Keep it up.

MD-CEO of jollofing
wishing u an enjoyable read
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
esere826: Place holder

traditional man and wife growth as per 64b; Controlling versus predicting; relationship example of controlling outcomes; book examples of animate vs inanimate; too much reflection as a show stopper; just do it; connect back to web thinking; principles of compound interest/quick but small wins; business vs career, another mans business; career groth; soft skills; proxemics; body language; powerd differential; mumbai shoes; actors

.....em, em,, make i go sleep,
hisblud: hope u sleep well. For me na read get me oh, em em bros i no understand wetin you com post, abeg brek am down. Thank u broza

That was a memory tool
I wrote down some ideas there so that I wont forget to write about them in the rest of the thread
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by Welder(m): 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
WOW!!!

This is really eye-opening, am just awed by Mr. Esere. Na Papa God Go Bless You oooo...

Wonder why posts like this dont ever make the frontpage, cos if its about traffic, this thread is a sure banker.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by Kaymus(m): 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
May God continue to increase your wisdom and grant you more grace to do greater works than this. You have touched many lives through this post. You are indeed a blessing! Thanks a lot.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 8:35pm On Dec 10, 2012
Welder: WOW!!!

This is really eye-opening, am just awed by Mr. Esere. Na Papa God Go Bless You oooo...
Thanks for the God wishes smiley

Wonder why posts like this dont ever make the frontpage, cos if its about traffic, this thread is a sure banker.

shocked

Front page?
Are u serious!!

U want make dem dey put cerebral stuff for front page make everybody get sense
if everybody get sense , who go come be our mugu? undecided

grin

3 Likes

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
Kaymus: May God continue to increase your wisdom and grant you more grace to do greater works than this. You have touched many lives through this post. You are indeed a blessing! Thanks a lot.

Thank you 2
remember to sow into my life o.
I wanna buy private jet 2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Unveils 36 Items Approves For Forex / My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It / What's Your Response/reaction To A Coffin-seller Who Complains About Sales-drop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.