Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja (10077 Views)

EFCC And FG Prepare To Go After Patience Jonathan Over N1 Trillion Fraud / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / Photo : See Train Named After First Lady Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by mukina2: 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2012
A road linking Defence Police Officers Wives Association (DEPOWA) office with the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Barracks, in Abuja, has been named after Dame Patience Jonathan, wife of Nigeria’s President.

The road was constructed by the association.

At the commissioning ceremony, Mrs Jonathan said that private sector organisations’ cooperation was central to achieving the aims of the Transformation Agenda of her husband.

She said that the road would serve the interest of members of DEPOWA, the barracks community and other road users.

“The gesture will also provide an evidence of the capability of our women to initiate and execute projects and programmes critical and beneficial to the wellbeing of our nation.’’

Mrs Jonathan commended the association for encouraging members to promote the goals and objectives of the association to raise the standard of living in the barracks and encourage cooperation among security agencies in the country.

“I encourage all associations to emulate the good example of DEPOWA and to contribute their quota to the development of our dear nation.

“DEPOWA should not relent in its good work, and I appeal to users of this road to make good use of it and to ensure that it is properly maintained, ‘’ she added.

Wife of the Chief of Defence Staff and president of DEPOWA, Apolonia Petinrin said that the road was hitherto full of pot holes and dusty, making movement a nightmare.

“DEPOWA discovered that the road was causing hardship for the users, especially women and children in the barracks.

“It was the compassion for the less privileged in this community that led the association into improving the condition of the road.

“We sought assistance from our immediate constituencies – the armed forces and the police to embark on this project,’’ she said.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/19/abuja-road-named-after-patience-jonathan/
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
am still waiting for the day abuja itslef will be renamed after jona's mama

2 Likes

Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by RichDad1(m): 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
And no where deem fit to be named after MKO Abiola and Bola Ige in Abuja till date abi? God dey angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by kilimanjaro(m): 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
torkaka: am still waiting for the day abuja itslef will be renamed after jona's mama
When me l'm still waiting for the day when the name 'Nigeria' will be name after GEJ.
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
Noted
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
Rich Dad: And no where deem fit to be named after MKO Abiola and Bola Ige in Abuja till date abi? God dey angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
festival road was renamed mko abiola rd abuja while a street is named after bola ige in utako
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Idokojimmy: 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
People appear to be sentimental in judgment. D road was constructed by women association not Govt. And if the women deem it befitting to name it after Patience, what's d big deal. If u want a place named after u, construct it, and govt will commission it against ur name. Chikenah

7 Likes

Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by MyloXyloto: 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2012
Rich Dad: And no where deem fit to be named after MKO Abiola and Bola Ige in Abuja till date abi? God dey angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Abeg remind me wethin Bola Ige do for Nigeria again. No be that guy wey promise to give us light within few months and wey no fit do anything? Abegi, Patience don contribute more to Naija dan Bola Ige jare.
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by talk2hb1(m): 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
In honor of her Grammar cry
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by miteolu(m): 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
WETIN DO DIS WOMAN? HER OWN IS GETING TOO MUCH.

NAIJA REMOTE PAD DEY IN HER.
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by warrior01: 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2012
the one wey dem rename wetin una talk?

1 Like

Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by gbadexy(m): 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2012
People, don't let's rush to blame.
The road is within the barracks and it was privately rehabilitated by a private association which decided t honour the first lady.
I think its good gesture and should be emulated so that people and organisations also look for how to contribute back to the society, not just expecting always
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
Aha! I knew something like this was gonna happen!even the retardo himself doesn't have anything named after him.GEJ u can as well name my street after ur son!very clueless!!
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by scopusng(m): 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
Idokojimmy: People appear to be sentimental in judgment. D road was constructed by women association not Govt. And if the women deem it befitting to name it after Patience, what's d big deal. If u want a place named after u, construct it, and govt will commission it against ur name. Chikenah

Construct any road with your money and get arrested by the government.
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Afam4eva(m): 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
Hmmm...what can i say..what can i say.
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Maxdiamond(m): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
Nothing i no go hear 4 dis country..ok na.
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
All Roads in Nigeria are named after political stalwarts. As soon as I enter Aso Rock, I will rename that road after my beautiful wife and the rest after myself. Na wetin dey reign now.
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by ZUBY77(m): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
The women constructed the road and named it whatever they chose. Not my business.

1 Like

Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Ibangap(m): 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ok Gej haters, lunch is ready, come feast on dis 1.

1 Like

Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Maxdiamond(m): 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
afam4eva: Hmmm...what can i say..what can i say.
say u don hear.
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Monytinzs: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
Lol...fresh air!

1 Like

Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ibanga p: Ok Gej haters, lunch is ready, come feast on dis 1.
Nothing concern GEJ with this naw. Na women construct road and them name it after their madam.
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Bolarge1(m): 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
WHO DE RULE US SELF GOODLUCK OR PATIENCE?

HOW MANY HAVE BEEN NAMED AFTHER THE HUSBAND? NA ONLY SHE DEY?

THE CHURCH THAT WAS BLAST BY BOKO HARAM SHOULD HAVE BEEN NAMED AFTER HER TOO.

1 Like

Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
scopusng:

Construct any road with your money and get arrested by the government.
Reason(s)?
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by slimdiggi: 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
MyloXyloto:

Abeg remind me wethin Bola Ige do for Nigeria again. No be that guy wey promise to give us light within few months and wey no fit do anything? Abegi, Patience don contribute more to Naija dan Bola Ige jare.
if u dont hav anything to say shut ur trap! Stupid idiot
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by lafuria1(m): 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
ok. This what i call any govt in power gesture. Is ok.
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by miteolu(m): 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
talk2hb1: In honor of her Grammar cry

Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by joskin: 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
[size=15pt]WHY NOT RENAME BOKO HARAM TO HONOUR HER? [/size]
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by mu2sa2: 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
ZUBY77: The wpmen conatructed the road and named it whatever they chose. Not my business.
Ar u sure that the association constructed the road or her xcellency only use the women as camouflage but in fact picked the bill on condition. This thing can, and possibly did, happen.
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by Exponental(m): 3:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
She probably owned d largest "share" in d road construction.
Who dem dey fool, she bought it.
Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by excondido(m): 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2012
am sure this administration will go down history as the most corrupt. does that means if i loot govt as a governor and decide to patch few pot holes here and there in fct, a road will be christened after me?
may God help us. amen.

1 Like

Re: Road Named After Patience Jonathan In Abuja by rooney2525: 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
Naija is gradually dying oh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burial Of Habib Jega, Ex-Kebbi House Of Assembly Speaker, Habib Jega / Uzor Kalu Didn't Join APC, APC Rather Joined Uzor Kalu / 35% Of Recruitments Into NSCDC, Fire Service, Others To Be Women – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.