Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan (18389 Views)

Non-Remittance Of Recovered Loot: Reps Threaten To Arrest EFCC Boss / Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension / Reps Threaten To Arrest Okonjo-Iweala Over N4.5trn Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by megawax8: 7:13am On Jul 20, 2012
Anoda story to make nigerians smile for a moment..........its neva,NEVA goin to happen!!!!
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 20, 2012
I'll comment when they impeach GEJ.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Biggyd2: 7:21am On Jul 20, 2012
What have these people achieved this year to be entitled to that long leave? The makers and breakers of the law!
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Amari(f): 7:24am On Jul 20, 2012
Interestin one 4rm d house of reps,let me see how de'ld put deir threat into action and get deir desired result,not 4getin dat september isn't faraway again.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 20, 2012
Nobody should dare impeach GEJ o! If there is anything dis country needs, it is to initiate a mass recall of this worthless legislooters!! A bunch traitors n hypocrites!!
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Bella3(f): 7:27am On Jul 20, 2012
greenhope: They should impeach the robbers among them first
are you saying they should impeach themselves? Becos they are all thieves!! Army Robbers 4 dat matter
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by fellawales: 7:28am On Jul 20, 2012
Empty threat,lousy fools.God help Nigeria
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by dont8(m): 7:39am On Jul 20, 2012
Like Babasuwe, Ali Baba and Babasala, jokers inc.
I dey laugh in swahili.
Csami: Naija! A country filled with jokers. Make una go Gotham city jare.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 20, 2012
These thiefs should know by now that impeaching GEJ won't do this nation any good, am sure that's the plan with bakare but will them be able to finish what they start if they dare impeach GEJ cause Nigeria will come to standstill and might even break up Nigeria.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Demdem(m): 7:40am On Jul 20, 2012
very healthy and good development. we don't want a rubber-stamp house of rep the same way the senate is today. saying O-yes to every thing the executives says. They must be put on their toes constantly. The reasons given by the house is also reasonable.
Implement the budget or get Impeached. That to me should be supported by all.
Kudos to the House of Rep.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Toktee(m): 7:41am On Jul 20, 2012
So because the members are thieves they dont know what is good or bad,it takes a thief to catch thief anybdy that call them thieves is himself a thief,am nt defending them what iam saying is if johnadull do what is wrong he should be reminded that nobdy above the law that include himself
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by cutievik: 7:52am On Jul 20, 2012
Bright2: Oga Jona! Just put all of them in a plane for the annual leave abroad & name it Dana air leave,all these noise will end!Hehehehehe grin
Funny indeed! cheesy
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by doofanc: 8:00am On Jul 20, 2012
Mr. Soalaboye maintained that budget concerns should be laid at the table of the Ministry of Finance.

Simple.

Gbajabiamila is one of the few men I respect in the NA, but he has missed here. Okonjo-Iweala, I would think, should be the first point of call, even if it means summoning her to the chambers to give explanation. It is when such explanations are deemed unsatisfactory that her boss, GEJ, would be called upon to take action against her.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Gbawe: 8:05am On Jul 20, 2012
bayooooooo: The current members of House of Reps are too rooted in corruption to succeed in pursuing an uphill task of impeachment process to logical conclusion.

This is the crux of the matter. The same House of Reps that insisted Jonathan revert PMS price to N65.00 while the President turned away as if he did not even hear them? If they , as the "voice of the people", could not take GEJ to task over his autocratic refusal to accede to the request of those power derive from , i.e the Nigerian people, then they should know sensible Nigerians cannot buy this current round of noise-making. That Jonathan has been allowed to get away with abject failings and gross incompetence is not in doubt. However, it is not this carefully contrived House of fraud and corruption that will bring him to book.

1 Like

Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Demdem(m): 8:09am On Jul 20, 2012
doofanc:

Simple.

Gbajabiamila is one of the few men I respect in the NA, but he has missed here. Okonjo-Iweala, I would think, should be the first point of call, even if it means summoning her to the chambers to give explanation. It is when such explanations are deemed unsatisfactory that her boss, GEJ, would be called upon to take action against her.

The woman has been called to the house for different reasons with different committees before and the story still remain. They have no power to impeach the minister but they have the power to impeach her boss who placed her there.
Implement the budget or face impeachment is an healthy call for the Retardeen to follow. it isnt out of place.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by jude33084(m): 8:10am On Jul 20, 2012
Demdem: very healthy and good development. we don't want a rubber-stamp house of rep the same way the senate is today. saying O-yes to every thing the executives says. They must be put on their toes constantly. The reasons given by the house is also reasonable.
Implement the budget or get Impeached. That to me should be supported by all.
Kudos to the House of Rep.

♈☺uЯ thought is quite different from others :-/ ƗƗ♡w ₪ice !
But don't Ɣ☺Ʊ think that τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ house is too soaked into ∂ dish of corruption allegations and scandals?
If Ɣ☺Ʊ ask ♍e I will advice house to deal with τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ bad eggs amongst them first before pointing finger to another house wink
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by cutievik: 8:13am On Jul 20, 2012
My fellow NLder's hv been puzzled substancially nd simultaneously by the way things are done in this Country leaving me asking 'WILL NIGERIA EVER DEVELOP?',imagine less than 5months to call the yr over nd our budget is nt even close implemented,sending my mind back 2 a report i read sometime ago in which the US TIMES reported this shocking relevation nd i quote 'If Nigerian Goverment would only implement 40% of their budget yearly,Nigeria would be a world class country'..jst tel me is there a silver lining in the sky 4 an ordinary Nigeria out there?
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by jude33084(m): 8:16am On Jul 20, 2012
Toktee: So because the members are thieves they dont know what is good or bad,it takes a thief to catch thief anybdy that call them thieves is himself a thief,am nt defending them what iam saying is if johnadull do what is wrong he should be reminded that nobdy above the law that include himself

♍♈ bro you are already defending them from ♈☺uЯ sentence construction
wink
So somebdy like Faruok will also be yarning for impeachment cheesy
Na wah! angry
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by tpapi: 8:19am On Jul 20, 2012
I dey laff o
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by femliany(m): 8:24am On Jul 20, 2012
They are all buffons and dunce I thought they wanted to impeach him on boko haram issues..Bastard
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Demdem(m): 8:25am On Jul 20, 2012
jude33084:

♈☺uЯ thought is quite different from others :-/ ƗƗ♡w ₪ice !

Thanks for recognizing that. we all cant think alike. Its healthy.

But don't Ɣ☺Ʊ think that τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ house is too soaked into ∂ dish of corruption allegations and scandals?

Yes they are. it has always been like that but that doesnt mean they dont have a job to do has given to them by the constitution. They cant be collecting salary and allowances while what they do everyday is to cleanse themselves and become holy. They should do their job. Besides, the security agents that are controlled by the executives can also go in there to uproot the corrupt ones from them afterall, none of them has immunity up to the speaker. The house may be corrupt but not all the individuals in there are corrupt.

The bottom line is their call is the right call and a warning which isnt out of place. Implement the budget or face impeachment proceedings. There is nothing as strightforward as that.

If Ɣ☺Ʊ ask ♍e I will advice house to deal with τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ bad eggs amongst them first before pointing finger to another house wink

I respect ur opinion but dont agree with it sha. i av stated mine above.

Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Demdem(m): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2012
jude33084:

wink
Na wah! angry

Farouk is just a member out of the over three hundred members in the house. All members that have been embellished in corruption scandals in this house IMO arent even up to fifty even twenty sef. We still have hundreds that have no scandal whatsoever hovering over their head
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 8:32am On Jul 20, 2012
jude33084:

wink
Na wah! angry

greenhope: They should impeach the robbers among them first

Is that the issue here or that of implementation of budget? So we should wait until such a time that every single member of the House of Reps is not corrupt before they can ask the President questions about budget implementation or exercise their oversight functions? How realistic is that?

Where is this country going?
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 8:37am On Jul 20, 2012
gboss4sure: These thiefs should know by now that impeaching GEJ won't do this nation any good, am sure [/b]that's the plan with bakare but will them be able to finish what they start if they dare impeach GEJ cause [b]Nigeria will come to standstill and might even break up Nigeria.

How can you be sure of what the plan is? You should bury this fallacy and threats of yours jare.

Rather than respond to the all-important issue of budget performance you are littering the place with threats and subtle playing of ethnic card. SMH.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by conyema12(m): 8:37am On Jul 20, 2012
Bélla3: you took the words right outter my mouth

then they should be ready for another sting operation
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Demdem(m): 8:39am On Jul 20, 2012
Pukkah:

Is that the issue here or that of implementation of budget? So we should wait until such a time that every single member of the House of Reps is not corrupt before they can ask the President questions about budget implementation or exercise their oversight functions? How realistic is that?

Where is this country going?

Exactly. i just want Nigerians to wake up from their slumber and refuse to fall into the trap of the executives. The senate is already in the pocket of the executives and they arent happy that the house seems to be independently minded. Very few bad eggs are in the house no doubt but not all and their present call is simply to hold the retardeen accountable.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Israel5(m): 8:43am On Jul 20, 2012
what do i call this? who's corrupt here, baba joe or d lower crib? every fing here is party rooted..ACN shldnt fyt PDP to dis xtent. NA BOKO HARAN CONFUSE BABA JOE! jxt allow him 2 finish his term.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 8:45am On Jul 20, 2012
nchewi: Nobody should dare impeach GEJ o! If there is anything dis country needs, it is to initiate a mass recall of this worthless legislooters!! A bunch traitors n hypocrites!!

Why not simply defend or provide explanations on the poor implementation of the budget my Jonathan instead of the cheap resort to hurling insults and abuse at the Reps?
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 8:47am On Jul 20, 2012
Demdem:

Exactly. i just want Nigerians to wake up from their slumber and refuse to fall into the trap of the executives. The senate is already in the pocket of the executives and they arent happy that the house seems to be independently minded. Very few bad eggs are in the house no doubt but not all and their present call is simply to hold the retardeen accountable.

Indeed, Nigerians are in a deep slumber. The informed and the educated are apathetic. The active ones, although supposedly educated, (as from the many comments on this thread) are not informed and are easily confused and befuddled.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 8:50am On Jul 20, 2012
doofanc:

Simple.

Gbajabiamila was not wrong. Check out the response of the Presidency to the impeachment threat. Non-implementation of the budget is not a joke.

The Appropriation Bill should be implemented to the letter and its non-implementation could cost a President his job. Did you notice that the response from the President was not arrogant or high-handed?
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 20, 2012
Yeah right!
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 20, 2012
The Farcrooks needs $620K each, Can only House of Assembly ever impeach President without Senate ? Noise makers forget PDP controls both Houses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye / Eyitayo Jegede Withdraws From Ondo Governorship Race / Say What? "Humans Turn Into Beasts And Eat Our Livestock" - Plateau Tourism Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.