Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan (18391 Views)

Non-Remittance Of Recovered Loot: Reps Threaten To Arrest EFCC Boss / Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension / Reps Threaten To Arrest Okonjo-Iweala Over N4.5trn Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by gbolexan(m): 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2012
His present iz bad & iz future blur. D senate calm,all presidential bills and nominationz approvd, civil service politicized. House speakrz claim d HAY's has it when d NAY had. When u make a slave ur king. He dictate 2 u wat he's 2ruly made of. D fool promotes corruptn, insecurity and oda indecent acts. A simple refrendum iz d antidote 2 his political madness. 9jiria nw practise kleptocracy in its real form. RULE BY THIEFS:>
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by klax(m): 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
So funny indeed Rep threaten to impeach GEJ. pLz can any man with his sense belief this?? The most shocking thing to me some guys in the Nairaland also belief its possible and thumb up the Rep I wonder how they think to be honest.

Thief want to impeach arm robber is this not a silly talk?

A house that has majority PDP and a sane man think in Nigeria that same PDP will impeach a president who is in same party even in Africa as a whole have you heard of such impeachment plz stop dreaming

Wait a minute plz WHAT GOOD record does House of MisRep has to even initiate impeachment in the first place? let a single one of them come out and tell the entire world if he is clean??

Not only "Impeacment is Sack letter" they will give GEJ. Nonsense silly rant "House of Jargons member". Whom do they think they want to deceive I guess themselves.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2012
D-Explorer:

You appears [/b]to have [b]a low understanding when you related GEJ's statement about not declaring his asset to arrogance and high-bullheadedness

Don't fall over yourself just so you can hastily defend your Lord. You picked what was convenient for you out of what I wrote. I even had men of low understanding like yourself in mind when I emboldened 'I don't give a damn'; which by any means is not a humble statement to make. If you could not see an emboldened statement very well or you chose to ignore it, I don't know how else to make you see it.

If you had taken the time to read well, you would have seen that the substantive issue was not the asset declaration but the emboldened statement which you carefully ignored.

Again, go and re-read the statements and the context.

Meanwhile, there is nothing like 'you appears'. (Since you referred to another person as having a low understanding)
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Raxxye(m): 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
I see their empty threat as a mere revenue- generation tactics to enrich their individual pockets. Those thieves in the NASS are trying to blackmail Jona to part with some ghana-must-go bags, which I think they want to spend during their 2 months holidays. I know they can never threaten to impeach the president because the sincerely want the budget to be implemented for the good of Nigerians. I wish they knew how much I hate them! BUNCH OF ROGUES!
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2012
Raxxye: I see their empty threat as a mere revenue- generation tactics to enrich their individual pockets. Those thieves in the NASS are trying to blackmail Jona to part with some ghana-must-go bags, which I think they want to spend during their 2 months holidays. I know they can never threaten to impeach the president because the sincerely want the budget to be implemented for the good of Nigerians. I wish they knew how much I hate them! BUNCH OF ROGUES!

Even if all your 'I see', 'I know', and 'I think' were true, is it right not to implement the budget?
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by ocelot2006(m): 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2012
Senathieves and Legislooters. Bunch of criminals that deserve the firing squad.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Dpeacemaker101: 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2012
If someone needs to be impeached, I think is the speaker and his cohorts. I don't even know what the man is doing there, he has failed as a speaker and the number 3 citizen of this country. This same House of Reps enshrines rogues, terrorist and armed robbers, still they have the guts to cry out for impeachment. Even the bible says it, remove the plaque in your own eyes before you attempt removing that of your neighbour. They should all be warned, and manage the shame they have all put us through. Farouks' case is enough to keep them shut till the year runs out.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by EzePromoe: 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2012
bayooooooo:

http://premiumtimesng.com/politics/6141-Reps-threaten-impeach-Jonathan.html
Abeg make them go sit down, na Bro. J be the first man to chop Naija money. OBJ don chop go in peace, unluckily for Yar'adua, im dey chop im own for land of the dead. Make una leave Bro. J alone, na im turn to shine.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Olanlere11: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2012
They are trying to distract Nigerians from the Koko on ground. Let them purge themselves of ALL the corruption first, if not the move itself is a suspect. It's a corrupt move. These days when they move a motion on the floor, something must be behind it, abi have they collected money from somewhere? Audio and video gadgets dey sha. #naijagobeta
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by TrueNaijaguy: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
The impeachment threat exists only in Femi Gbajabiamila's mind. The rant is needless since the President is already working towards solvilng the perennial problem.

Femi is just using the house of reps to please his gothfather Tinubu so that he will anointed the next Governor of Lagos State. Hypocrite of the highest other I must confess.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by BeraBera(f): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
The House of Reps alone has no power to impeach the president. The House of senate must also concent and with credible reasons too. This their warning sounds like an empty can that makes the loudest noise. B4 u say jack-robbinson now, the same person moving this motion and sounding the warning would still go to the president secretly and ask for the sum of 620,000 dollars for him to remove his name from the impeachment list. Shameless house-fighters
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by DExplorer1: 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pukkah:

Don't fall over yourself just so you can hastily defend your Lord. You picked what was convenient for you out of what I wrote. I even had men of low understanding like yourself in mind when I emboldened 'I don't give a damn'; which by any means is not a humble statement to make. If you could not see an emboldened statement very well or you chose to ignore it, I don't know how else to make you see it.

If you had taken the time to read well, you would have seen that the substantive issue was not the asset declaration but the emboldened statement which you carefully ignored.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know

Meanwhile, there is nothing like 'you appears'. (Since you referred to another person as having a low understanding)

If all you do on NL is to bolden which word is right or wrong then congratulations, you've got a new job! But note, that strategy won't work for someone like me that's capable of educating you out of ignorance. I insist, for you to relate Mr. President's reply on asset declaration to arrogance then you need to start respecting people's principle and before you tag my next comment as 'defend your Lord', know that am just one of MANY Nigerians that sees everything positive in Mr. President's long-term progress. Cheers friend!
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by DExplorer1: 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2012
TrueNaijaguy: The impeachment threat exists only in Femi Gbajabiamila's mind. The rant is needless since the President is already working towards solvilng the perennial problem.

Femi is just using the house of reps to please his gothfather Tinubu so that he will anointed the next Governor of Lagos State. Hypocrite of the highest other I must confess.

Simply incisive! We still have Nigerians that can see clearly.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2012
D-Explorer:

If all you do on NL is to bolden which word is right or wrong then congratulations, you've got a new job! But note, that strategy won't work for someone like me that's capable of educating you out of ignorance. I insist, for you to relate Mr. President's reply on asset declaration to arrogance then you need to start respecting people's principle and before you tag my next comment as 'defend your Lord', know that am just one of MANY Nigerians that sees everything positive in Mr. President's long-term progress. Cheers friend!

Again, you are dead wrong! You obviously even lack the capacity to educate a 5-year old kid out of ignorance from your inability to figure out, even after being severally corrected, that my emphasis was on the 'I don't give a damn' statement. The reference to asset declaration was simply descriptive of the event. Can't you see the 'when'?. Is this too difficult for you to understand?

For the last time, see it below:

Pukkah:

Are we talking about the man who said he didn't give a damn when questioned about declaration of assets?
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
TrueNaijaguy: The impeachment threat exists only in Femi Gbajabiamila's mind. The rant is needless since the President is already working towards solvilng the perennial problem.

This is purely speculative. You have no proof for this, or do you? Funny enough, this speculation exists only in your mind the same way that, according to you, the impeachment threat only exists in Gbajabiamila's mind.

What is not speculative however, and for which a proof exists, is the extent of the poor implementation of the budget. What does not only exist in anybody's head is that the first and second quarter appropriations have not been released to the MDAs; with the attendant negative implications on infrastructural development. Do you deny this? Do you realize that the Appropriation Bill is a law?

D-Explorer:

Simply incisive! We still have Nigerians that can see clearly.

Don't back a wrong horse so fast D-Explorer. Explore my response above and respond.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by BusHouse(m): 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
They want ghana must go from gej. Funny legislators.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by BeraBera(f): 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
D-Explorer:

Guy take 5 ! You too much!

1 Like

Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by DExplorer1: 3:24pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pukkah:

Again, you are dead wrong! You obviously even lack the capacity to educate a 5-year old kid out of ignorance from your inability to figure out, even after being severally corrected, that my emphasis was on the 'I don't give a damn' statement. The reference to asset declaration was simply descriptive of the event. Can't you see the 'when'?. Is this too difficult for you to understand?

No wonder i said you have a low level of understanding. Which of your lines was quoting Mr. President as arrogance and high-bullheadedness in relation to his asset declaration? When you figure it out, reply me!
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by DExplorer1: 3:41pm On Jul 20, 2012
BeraBera: Guy take 5 ! You too much!

10likes for you jare. I think NL members like PUKKAH needs to go back to school or finish up on time to understand the polity.

@PUKKAH, I hope you understand that TRUENAIJAGUY's comment wasn't speculation but a definite script been acted by Femo as instructed by his oga that's forming alliance with the baboon blood sect or do you think he's defending your interest on the uprising of budget implementation? Naaaaah! Mr. President knows how to handle him and his cohort.

Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
D-Explorer:

No wonder i said you have a low level of understanding. Which of your lines was quoting Mr. President as arrogance and high-bullheadedness in relation to his asset declaration? When you figure it out, reply me!

Why do you continue to mercilessly ridicule yourself? You had nothing else to say so you resorted to insult, right?

Once again, let me chronicle your deep-seated ignorance for you to see:

Pukkah:

Are we talking about the man who said he didn't give a damn when questioned about declaration of assets?

D-Explorer:

and must he declare his assets? Why so serious emphasis on plain principle.

Pukkah:

You should read well and follow the history of posts before commenting.

D-Explorer:

You appears to have a low understanding when you related GEJ's statement about not declaring his asset to arrogance and high-bullheadedness

Pukkah:

D-Explorer:

D-Explorer:

Pukkah:

[quote author=Pukkah]

Take a deep breath, relax your mind and read slowly. Hopefully, you'll see your gaffe and have the grace to retrace your steps and apologize.

1 Like

Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by DExplorer1: 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pukkah:

Why do you continue to mercilessly ridicule yourself? You had nothing else to say so you resorted to insult, right?

Once again, let me chronicle your deep-seated ignorance for you to see:

Nah! Why should i insult you because you were trying to exhibit your low level of understanding? Pukkah, I think you need to relax and read up properly then you will know that you related GEJ's "he didn't give a damn" asset declaration response to arrogance and high-bullheadedness which i swiftly corrected you as been principled. You got the point now? Good!
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
D-Explorer:

10likes for you jare. I think NL members like PUKKAH needs to go back to school or finish up on time to understand the polity.

@PUKKAH, I hope you understand that TRUENAIJAGUY's comment wasn't speculation but a definite script been acted by Femo as instructed by his oga that's forming alliance with the baboon blood sect or do you think he's defending your interest on the uprising of budget implementation? Naaaaah! Mr. President knows how to handle him and his cohort.

What's wrong with you this afternoon D-Explorer? You stated that someone should go back to school or needs to finish up on time yet you DO NOT know the difference between a mere speculation and a confirmed story. Why are you hallucinating?

You claimed it's a definite script but are you able to provide a proof? Where did they agree the script? Were you there or are you just peddling rumours? I don't have a problem with you being a rumour peddler but why pass off rumours and sensational stories as facts and definite scripts? Is this your sign of education?

You're free to create stories in your head but put them where they belong - imagination, rumours, hallucination, or lies. You surely don't need to go back to school to know this. Do you?
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2012
D-Explorer:

Nah! Why should i insult you because you were trying to exhibit your low level of understanding? Pukkah, I think you need to relax and read up properly then you will know that you related GEJ's "he didn't give a damn" asset declaration response to arrogance and high-bullheadedness which i swiftly corrected you as been principled. You got the point now? Good!

Does the statement 'I don't give a damn' show humility [b]when [/b]asked about asset declaration? Right now, I have made certain conclusions about you but come up with an answer to this first.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by jmaine: 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
D-Explorer and Pukkah . .you both have a point grin . . .I almost towed D- Exlorer line, but when i reviewed the history of the Pukkah post . . .I had to allow that part fly cos i saw where he was driving at wink

Pukkah assertion :-

The reps were right in their call and GEJ acknowledged that. A reason why his response was mild and courting to the reps . . . . The presidential chat angle he brought up, was to show the brash side of GEJ when pushed to the wall, and on the right side of the law . .

Verdict:- GEJ is aware the reps made a valid call, hence the calm mien and courting response to the reps . . .

D- Explorer Assertion :-

The reference Pukkah made wasn't suppose to be, cos GEJ response on the media chat was a reactionary response to the mischievous critics who tried to bully him, even when he never broke the law . . He wasn't in a bullish mood, but was only blunt in saying . To hell with your incessant criticisms cheesy . .It is enough grin . . .

Reactionary and not bullish . .

Vedict :- When you are against the wall and you react back . .we don't term you as the bullish one . .instead, it was the critics who tried to bully GEJ despite his insistence on not erring on that stead . . .

My view ===>

Pukkah reference can be over looked and tolerated grin
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by DExplorer1: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pukkah:

What's wrong with you this afternoon D-Explorer? You stated that someone should go back to school or needs to finish up on time yet you DO NOT know the difference between a mere speculation and a confirmed story. Why are you hallucinating?

You claimed it's a definite script but are you able to provide a proof? Where did they agree the script? Were you there or are you just peddling rumours? I don't have a problem with you being a rumour peddler but why pass off rumours and sensational stories as facts and definite scripts? Is this your sign of education?

You're free to create stories in your head but put them where they belong - imagination, rumours, hallucination, or lies. You surely don't need to go back to school to know this. Do you?

Friend, I'm sure you know that politics is powered by intentions and speculations. Don't ask me how, that's 5 years course for you.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
D-Explorer:

Friend, I'm sure you know that politics is powered by intentions and speculations. Don't ask me how, that's 5 years course for you.

You're now coming to terms with me that what you said about Gbajabiamila is a mere speculation, or according to you, 'intention'. However, you're not gracious enough to show remorse or apologize for your earlier rantings. At best, what you described as the basis for Gbajabiamila's motion is a mere political permutation. So how come you equated a speculation or permutation or 'intention' to a definite script?

Meanwhile, your arrogant boast of 5 years is audacious, baseless, and obtuse. You seem not to know who you're talking to and you lack the tact and introspection to be circumspect.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by DExplorer1: 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pukkah:

Does the statement 'I don't give a damn' show humility when [/b]asked about asset declaration? Right now, I have made certain conclusions about you but come up with an answer to this first.

So you understood what i was saying before pulling my feet? Get this clear, there's NOTHING wrong in the statement. The hullabaloo created by some Nigerians (mostly party fanatics) on the issue was outrageous. Opposition parties thought that was their sure-way to 'cage' him after his tenure, some Nigerians thought the declaration defines accountability, how on earth would that be right when there're a million ways to divert cash which may not be traced to the owner. I insist, that statement was a good-shot response.

You Need To Read These! [b] After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by lookmangiw(m): 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2012
D-Explorer:

So you understood what i was saying before pulling my feet? Get this clear, there's NOTHING wrong in the statement. The hullabaloo created by some Nigerians (mostly party fanatics) on the issue was outrageous. Opposition parties thought that was their sure-way to 'cage' him after his tenure, some Nigerians thought the declaration defines accountability, how on earth would that be right when there're a million ways to divert cash which may not be traced to the owner. I insist, that statement was a good-shot response.
but that response was not directed to his critics alone, it was directed to all nigerians.
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
D-Explorer:

As is your pattern, you evaded the question. Let me repeat it for you in a simpler way grin grin grin:

Does 'I don't give a damn' show humility?
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by Raxxye(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pukkah:

Even if all your 'I see', 'I know', and 'I think' were true, is it right not to implement the budget?

If you think these guys are really after budget implementation, then you are truly gullible and so very far from reality!
Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by DExplorer1: 5:19pm On Jul 20, 2012
lookmangiw: but that response was not directed to his critics alone, it was directed to all nigerians.

Dear friend, that's what you think, the fuss about asset declaration was NOT majorly powered by Nigerians. I know SOME Nigerians were asking and if you will agree with me their concrete reason was because the late President Yar'adua declared his asset and so the 'new' President MUST do like-wise! That was communicative to certain extent. Yet, the majority screaming the chorus were Mr. President's 'foes'; the political parties. So, his response was top-shot!

Re: Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by DExplorer1: 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pukkah:

You're now coming to terms with me that what you said about Gbajabiamila is a mere speculation, or according to you, 'intention'. However, you're not gracious enough to show remorse or apologize for your earlier rantings. At best, what you described as the basis for Gbajabiamila's motion is a mere political permutation. So how come you equated a speculation or permutation or 'intention' to a definite script?

Meanwhile, your arrogant boast of 5 years is audacious, baseless, and obtuse. You seem not to know who you're talking to and you lack the tact and introspection to be circumspect.

C'mon Pukkah, don't be too smarter than what you can contain. Let me do the faintest honour of quoting you and a permission to disapoint you.

Pukkah: you DO NOT know the difference between a mere speculation and a confirmed story

* * * MY RESPONSE * * *

D-Explorer:

Friend, I'm sure you know that politics is powered by intentions and speculations.

Am i still "coming to terms" with you? OR have i disappointed you? Oh c'mon. .I sure do!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olubadan-Elect Lekan Balogun Didn't Endorse Tinubu - Olori / Jack-rich Seeks Inclusion Of Nigeria, AU In G-20 For Accelerated Economic Growth / Tension, As Saraki Names Committee Heads, Deputies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.