Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 (23264 Views)

80 Legends Of Nairaland : 2005 - 2013 / 2011/2012 Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Post Ume Date / 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by freecocoa(f): 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2012
Of all people Slimyem?oh please.
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by abysirius(m): 8:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
Jarus: Nairaland was 7 in March this year. In its 7 years of existence, 5 of which I was actively a participant, I have witnessed many fierce rivalries among some members. For history purpose, I have started this thread to discuss the rivalries and how they played out.

For now, three come to my mind (in no order)

1, Beaf v Oyb: Since 2009 when Beaf joined Nairaland, he has never seen eye to eye with oyb. Both of them are always at the opposite heads of debates, always following one another about, throwing tantrums and punches, both serving bans in the process. So hot are their stand-offs that if it were to be real life, necks would have been wrung.

2, Beaf v Gbawe: For anybody familiar with Nigerian politics, it is well known that ACN are the biggest opposition to ruling PDP. Same has been playing out on Nairaland since at least 2010. The opposition camp is led by Gbawe while the PDP/GEJ camp is led by Beaf. Anywhere these two guys meet, it's war.

3, Olabowale v Davidylan:[/b]From 2006 through 2009, when the Nairaland Religion section was in its fiecest phase, there were two main gladiators: Davidylan and Olabowale. Olabowale, now out of Nairaland, led the NL Muslims ably supported by Babs787, while Davidylan and his lieutenant, Ohsisi, marshalled from the Christianity tent. With keyboards being smatched and phone keypads being punched, the Religion section was by far the hottest on Nairaland then. Seun's joker, albeit forced, of creating a separate childboard for the Muslims, to a reasonable extent, calmed frayed nerves.

[b]4, Tpia v Funmi series:
One of the fiercest rivalries in the early years of Nairaland was that between Tpia and a lady called Funmi, who operated under different monikers such as Hotfunmi, Deepzone, Redhotchic, Earthmama, Osunamazon,pepperspray etc. Any thread they 'sighted' one another, it was war!

5, Becomrich v Imaginary Seun: Becomrich aka Musiwa has been on Nairaland for many years and he has only one person as his rival: Seun! Anything that happens to Becomrich, real or imagined, to him it is caused by Seun. He even claims Seun is responsible for his bad English. He pulled out of Nairaland to form his own site he called 'Globe'. Although the other guy ignores him, Becomrich appears not done yet on his Seunophobia.

Can we have more? And with justifications. Bust-ups in just one or two threads do not qualify to be 'hot rivalry' as used here.

You may also be interested in:
60 MEN AND WOMEN THAT MOVED NAIRALAND 2005-2011: https://www.nairaland.com/413742/60-men-women-moved-nairaland
Nairaland no doubt has come to stay. 7 good yrs of serious hard work is no child's play. I love it here honestly. However, it baffles me wen I notice we have some bigots amidst us. Pple being tribalistic, criticizing and discriminating against one another be it because of the diffrnce in our tribe, culture, religion or even belief at all time is no really a nice development for us as nairalanders. May b it's actually 1 of the reasons behind this whole idea but it shouldn't be the basis for everytin. It deludes our sense of reasoning. We can't approach issues the way we should wen we abhor things like these in our minds.
It matters what we say to other pple. Personally I don't want to destroy others by my words. And am sure many wouldn't want to neither. But out of some of the things we write we kill indirectly because it affects the psyche of the pple we write about.
Regardless of our preferences we should approach evrytin with honesty and truth. And above all, have intentions of creating +ve impact.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by chic2pimp(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
SAGAMITE VS FUCKTARDS/CRETINS/PRODUCTS OF A FAILED EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Idowuogbo(f): 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
freecocoa: Of all people Slimyem?oh please.
Dats an insult to ur person mehn!

Vex! grin
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2012
naptu2: Musiwa vs Uche2005

Becomerich is the only person capable of starting a thread and arguing with himself for 2-10 pages. This he does via his numerous monikers.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Classic Musiwa aka Becomerich(1 to ~)
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by freecocoa(f): 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Dats an insult to ur person mehn!

Vex! grin
Imagine the gravity of the insult.

I'm vibrating mehn angry
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by naptu2: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2012
chic2pimp: SAGAMITE VS FUCKTARDS/CRETINS/PRODUCTS OF A FAILED EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM
grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Booty4me: 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
reinedamse: Sexkillz vs Babe+coogar
Anonymous11 vs sexkillz
yea dat Anony Guy waz dah bomb bak then.. Until dat fu.cktard waz name a mod. It all bore nw in romance sect
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by kandiikane(m): 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2012
freecocoa: Imagine the gravity of the insult.

I'm vibrating mehn angry

grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2012
Odunnu:
Hahahahahahahahaha, you try! cheesy.
I'd already 'followed' the thread without any intention of commenting. Now you are calling me out abi? O ma sie o.
Davido & Sauron/Coogar? Havent noticed.
Its JennyKadry + MzDarkskin.
[size=18pt]MzDarkskin + Ragdollz[/size]
Sagamite + F/Y/Zstranger/Patosibe/Shymmex

Missy_B:
Exactly! The list cannot be complete without those two.
I had to review their posts each time I came online just to be up-to-date. Funny girls! They gave each other hell. . . grin grin grin

LEGENDARY!! grin

it lasted for over a year!! I do miss her crazy ass! grin
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Idowuogbo(f): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
Booty4me: yea dat Anony Guy waz dah bomb bak then.. Until dat fu.cktard waz name a mod. It all bore nw in romance sect
Annoy is about....U wanna d hear shocker? D she.... is a MOD now. No b me gist u o! lipsrsealed
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2012
duality: abeegiii!!! give it to BEAF. the guy is the undisputed champ. the guy na real street fighter. he never gets tied. taken on the opposition come what may. sometimes you go through a 7 paged thread and its BEAF vs the rest. he never chickens out. he takes very difficult positions and still finds a vantage. what his motivation is, i really do not know. but one thing is sure.being on Nairaland is not just a hubby for him; its a job of maybe life and death. hate him if you like. you can't take this fact away from him .he is highly knowledgeable, intelligent, and good at what he is doing. those who selected Beaf for this NL job made the right choice.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Idowuogbo(f): 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

LEGENDARY!! grin

it lasted for over a year!! I do miss her crazy ass! grin
I gats a secretz...

She is also here. cool
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2012
rokiatu: MzDarkskin vs Ragdollz

Ragdollz officially spend all her days on nairaland fighting with Miss Darkskin. Like seriously no fight on nairaland can beat this. not in another decade. This was hardcore. Almost like Nas vs Jay z battle. Never knew internet hatred could extend this far. grin grin grin grin grin

LOL 90 percent of her posts were directed to me. grin
she literally stalked me for 6 months straight!
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Idowuogbo(f): 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2012
freecocoa: Imagine the gravity of the insult.

I'm vibrating mehn angry

Vibration no reach me o!

Bust person head mehn angry
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2012
Teextoo: Mrs chima and mzdarkskin vs black males (tag team)

angry

we are anti-white guys too! grin

pendo89: grin grin very hilarious thread. This beaf is like the Nairaland Goliath or something?

But I will never forget ragdollz and Mz Darkskin fighting about the 'phone'.The fonts used to fight that day almost brought NL server down.

So many threads would get locked whenever they sighted each other. grin grin grin Infact at one point I thought they were one and same person.

grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 22, 2012
Idowuogbo:
I gats a secretz...

She is also here. cool

lmao.

~Royal~:
2012 :

#1~ Royal vs MsDark
#2~ Royal vs Bitty/Shyne
#3~ Ayanle vs Morpheous/Fula/MsDark
#4~ IlEke-IDI vs Pleep
#5~ Kandii vs Shyne

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by SisiKill1: 8:54pm On Jul 22, 2012
Richvkunt:

Your excellency,mother supreme of the Cabal,I dey hail o! grin

That's Mother SUPERIOR to you, thank you very much!! cool cheesy
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by rhymz(m): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2012
How could anyone forget EzeUche Vs Bbykbabby. . Ezeuche was like the present beef, him against everyone. .lol
wonder where that dude is again sef.
Who remember this gal, Platinum nk in 2010 Ileke-idi can't claim not to know her. .lol. The both of em where like cat & rat. Their fierce hate for eachother was the very reason she changed from Fl-Gators to ileke-idi, who remembers?
There was this particular there was this particular thread they fought about a guy they met here on NL, theseeker, yeah, that was the dude name. The fight was so mean that they started posting privating YIM massages and nude pics both of em had with the guy at different times. It was not a joke o. . I remember this guy,na2day putting his own sugar, me too joining in. . Remember this chic too that hated my Guts, amebo. That night, i remember being warned and FL gators and platinum nk were outrightly shown the door out for their extreme methods. It was not a joke o, that was one rivalry that will continue to go down in the anals of NL as cold and Dirty. Little wonder FL gators had to change her moniker to ileke-idi, she got a big black eye on that thread from platinum nk who herself later got in a serious mess that even SEUN had to intervene cos he was threatened by the gal's family memebers.
FL Gators vs Platinum nk. . Classix Dog fight.
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Idowuogbo(f): 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2012
rhymz: How could anyone forget EzeUche Vs Bbykbabby. . Ezeuche was like the present beef, him against everyone. .lol
wonder where that dude is again sef.
Who remember this gal, Platinum nk in 2010 Ileke-idi can't claim not to know her. .lol. The both of em where like cat & rat. Their fierce hate for eachother was the very reason she changed from Fl-Gators to ileke-idi, who remembers?
There was this particular there was this particular thread they fought about a guy they met here on NL, theseeker, yeah, that was the dude name. The fight was so mean that they started posting privating YIM massages and nude pics both of em had with the guy at different times. It was not a joke o. . I remember this guy,na2day putting his own sugar, me too joining in. . Remember this chic too that hated my Guts, amebo. That night, i remember being warned and FL gators and platinum nk were outrightly shown the door out for their extreme methods. It was not a joke o, that was one rivalry that will continue to go down in the anals of NL as cold and Dirty. Little wonder FL gators had to change her moniker to ileke-idi, she got a big black eye on that thread from platinum nk who herself later got in a serious mess that even SEUN had to intervene cos he was threatened by the gal's family memebers.
FL Gators vs Platinum nk. . Classix Dog fight.

Ur ajasas were funny

" it was not a joke o"

If no b joke, wetin it con b? undecided
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2012
I think a lot of people are missing the mark. From the look of things they are mostly noobs.

When threadstarter created this thread I bet he wasn't making reference to any run off the mill 'face me I face you sqauabble'. His list has rivalries that shook the walls of Nairaland.

In recent times, With the exception of Beaf v Gbawe rivalry the rest are just room and parlour squabble.

How can anyone forget Nairaland Chicks v Whitelexi? Somehow whitelexi cornered a good number of Nairaland chicks. How he did it was and is still beyond me. But when things went tits up . . . .pheeew

Almondjoy v someguy who supposedly air her out with pictures.
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Kolade9(m): 9:24pm On Jul 22, 2012
onila: Ikele idi vs everyone
grin na ileke idi me ah knw o,which wan b iKELE again?
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by rhymz(m): 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2012
OMO IBO: I think a lot of people are missing the mark. From the look of things they are mostly noobs.

When threadstarter created this thread I bet he wasn't making reference to any run off the mill 'face me I face you sqauabble'. His list has rivalries that shook the walls of Nairaland.

In recent times, With the exception of Beaf v Gbawe rivalry the rest are just room and parlour squabble.

How can anyone forget Nairaland Chicks v Whitelexi? Somehow whitelexi cornered a good number of Nairaland chicks. How he did it was and is still beyond me. But when things went tits up . . . .pheeew

Almondjoy v someguy who supposedly air her out with pictures.
the case you just described between chicks v whitelexi was exactly thesame with Platinum nk vs some of the chics back then in 2010. Platinum nk was like that biatch that could steal your man without flinching or bathing her eyes. Many of the chics, FL Gators inclusive hated her guts and were always ganging up against her. But she had one thing going for her, NL males were her suckerz. .they would fight on her behalf, defend and even support her. She was like that Gal hate to love. . Biatchy but fun, the gals hated her for that, she always got all the attention on any thread. . And she always ended up fight with a gang. .lol. She was one lady that did not give 2 4ucks. .one of those few battles that went beyond the confines of NL. I remember her being accused of duping a guy to the point the guy posted her personal details on NL. Mehn that thread was so hot that the Uncle threatened Seun. . I even saw the Uncle's own rebuttals on NVS. It was no joke.
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by pleep(m): 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2012
~Royal~:
2012 :

#1~ Royal vs MsDark
#2~ Royal vs Bitty/Shyne
#3~ Ayanle vs Morpheous/Fula/MsDark
#4~ IlEke-IDI vs Pleep
#5~ Kandii vs Shyne
That was hardly a rivalry it was more like a rape. Ikeke is too fat an ugly to make fun of anyone.

bitch look like the earth mother grin
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by rhymz(m): 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Ur ajasas were funny

" it was not a joke o"

If no b joke, wetin it con b? undecided
menh babe na true o. . I no dey ever forget their rivalry cos that Night I did not sleep, reading and updating on that thread. The mod closed it and they opened another one until it came to a point they got dirty and started posting private pictures and YIM. Even to a point, the guy in question had to create a thread to explain his role in the scandal. The whole thing seemed like some real life shit that was taken to NL. As in the matter been wear trousser and skirt join.
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Booty4me: 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Annoy is about....U wanna d hear shocker? D she.... is a MOD now. No b me gist u o! lipsrsealed
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by fredoooooo: 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2012
chic2pimp: SAGAMITE VS FUCKTARDS/CRETINS/PRODUCTS OF A FAILED EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM

I dey always gbadun you(chic2pimp) and dayokanu quarell too grin grin
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by fredoooooo: 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
Idowuogbo:

After pikin no more pikin,omo eleru bam bam grin grin
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Idowuogbo(f): 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2012
rhymz: menh babe na true o. . I no dey ever forget their rivalry cos that Night I did not sleep, reading and updating on that thread. The mod closed it and they opened another one until it came to a point they got dirty and started posting private pictures and YIM. Even to a point, the guy in question had to create a thread to explain his role in the scandal. The whole thing seemed like some real life shit that was taken to NL. As
in the matter been wear trousser and skirt join.
Aproko! Na dia dem go find u

Mehnn... It was bloody tho!

Ileke get yansh o! U scan d pics well? grin
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by fredoooooo: 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2012

I dey always gbadun you(chic2pimp) and dayokanu quarell too grin grin
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by Idowuogbo(f): 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
fredoooooo:

After pikin no more pikin,omo eleru bam bam grin grin
Joor o! Dats my Godfather speaking..
Re: Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 by icez: 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2012
yeah!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Happy New Month Of August! Drop Your Wishes Here / Two Things You Can Never Engage In? / How To Download On Waptrick.com, Wapdam.com And Wapkid.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.