Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? (10364 Views)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Delta State Governor's Lodge In Lagos Commissioned By Uduaghan (photos) / 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Delafruita(m): 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
wadoski: The OP is so full of hate for GEJ that he has to compare a President with a state governor. I would have preferred he compares Fashola with Akpabio. While Gej is thinking for Lagos, Imo, Gombe, Kwara etc, Fashola thinks for Lagos only. The problem with the OP and other GEJ haters on this forum is that they see and feel GEJ in action but will choose to ask stupid questions. Edicolove has highlighted some of GEJ‘s giant strides though he forgots roads like Numan-Yola Rd, Ogoja-Abakiliki-Afikpo Rd etc. I implore the OP to stop his Fashola worship and travel round the country to see what other governors are doing, come to Taraba State and see what Danbaba Suntai is doing to change the face and fortune o the state.
lagos is larger than a lot of countries.infact it should be a country on its own.then you ask,how much does lagos get from federal government?a paltry 7billion while bayelsa,rivers,akwa-ibom,ondo et al get amounts ranging from 11-16billion monthly.
you have to look at issues comparatively.the civil service force in lagos is larger than the entire population of some states.the kilometers of road in lagos has to be the highest in nigeria
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Alamutatalo: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
GEJ cannot and will not make any meaningful impact on the lives of ordinary Nigerians even if you give him 16yrs and boko haram members start praying and fasting for him instead of throwing bombs becos of the ff reasons,
1.He simply does not understand what governance is about with his ridiculous views and comments on national issues.
2.Corruption
3.Distorted view of economic growth that sees the enrichment of a few Nigerians at the expense of ordinary hardworking men as development.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Delafruita(m): 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
edicolove:

Where did you get these figures from? Sahara Reporters, Nation newspapers or Osun Defenders?
use your head.its quite simple to do.it only takes the willpower to do it.how many loans has this administration taken?whats the total of those loans?how much has the government received in terms of budget as appropiated by the national assembly?how much has been requested via supplementary budget?how much has been illegally withdrawn from the foreign reserves?how much was in the ECA before goodluck scrapped it in favour of a controversial sovereign wealth fund?
like i said,use your head

1 Like

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2012
I think it is pure numbskullery to try to compare development at the National level with what is expected at the State Level. The stupidity of that alone blows my mind . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by chucky234(m): 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2012
izzo22: what is subsidy scam?!...u don't even kn wat the removal was for..we hv to take God for d removal..dis country was bin looted dry by some big shoot politicians from d ruling party and others top parties ....even d CPC soon to be presidential candidate has also acknowledge dis fact and advice d govt to go after past leads dat has managed d sector
Guess you been living under the rock not to know what subsidy is all about not to mention its removal,you should have ask yourself if there was subsidy in the first place.
GEJ and his cohorts looted trillions in the name of subsidy and ended up borrowing additional N1.2tn in 12 months with nothing to show for,ask questions before coming out here to vent your ignorance.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Revolva(m): 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2012
GEJ is a mistake and nigerians have seen it we and especially the niger deltans have now to see that its not by tribe ok see how the man is driving the nation into and he can't fight the boko boiz ,and he is the boss,

What pains me in this his regime is the fuel subsidy removal a big scam and hoax there was no subsidy in it , how can you subsidize what you produce abundantly shame who are they decieving
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Delafruita(m): 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2012
omosexy1: I am no Fashola supporter neither do I support GEJ. However, when people claim Fashola is working, I look to the left and right and ask how. Lagos is a fortunate state because of its previous status as FCT and no doubt supports the Nigerian economy. So it is very clear that the Federal Govt will never neglect Lagos, like they have done to other state, because of this support. I want to ask Fashola's supporters what has he done in Education (private schools have taken over Lagos educational system, parents pay from their noses to send their children to good schools because the public schools are written off. Guess what Fashola has done, he renovated, sorry repainted public schools, increased LASU school fees). I also want to ask what Fashola has done in housing. He passed the one year tenancy bill, without providing housing units. Now landlords have skyrocketed their tenancy rates x2, people now pay rent of 2 years in 1 year. Please Fashola's supporters tell me if Fashola provides the water you drink? Also tell me if Fashola has done something about the nuisance called Area boys in Lagos. The BRT is a public-private venture. I have never seen a government that provide public service yet tax them for it (Lekki-Epe expressway). I have never seen a government that neglects LGAs because they don't provide enough revenue for the government (go to Alimosho LGA, that place is a village you can use to act the Gods must crazy-kind of movie). Fashola has concentrated more on Victoria Island, Ikoyi and Lekki and he has neglected poorer LGAs. Now He wants to pass a traffic law (aimed at generating revenue) without putting things in place, such as directional signs, traffic lights and educated traffic wardens.

I live in Lagos, I pay my taxes as at when due without owing neither the Federal Govt nor Fashola and his hand-stiffed collector Babatunde Fowler yet I do not enjoy privileges due to a decent citizen. Now if you tell me Fashola is working, I think you need to re-examine your senses first then go and get a performance criteria worksheet and list out all his achievements. 60% are private-public joint ventures initiated by private businessmen and some where initiated by the Federal Government (please I don't mean GEJ cos I don't care about that man). Now tell me what has Fashola done?
i have lived in lagos all my life and i believe i will be a good witness to change if any exists.when oyinlola left lagos and marwa came,we didnt expect much since he was a military man and we perceived him as in the same league with rasaki and oyinlola.however,marwa suprised everyone by actually working to improve lagos.he stole our money but at least he left us with something unlike others that stole and did nothing.
when tinubu came in,lagos was a wastebin.civil service was a conduit pipe for free money.everything that should be up was down and vice versa.education was in a dilapidated state.it is to tinubu's credit that within 4 years,he provided multiple mega schools which have become a model.tinubu embarked on too many projects at once which i believe he had the mind to complete in his second term.however,his scuffle with obasanjo began and allocations were withheld till his tenure ended.it it to asiwaju's credit that IGR was increased from a paltry 500mil monthly to over 30billion and it now stands at abbout 50billion.
when fashola came in,he mainly continued with tinubu's project like BRT and the light rail project.he was also lucky to receive the withheld allocations from yar'adua hence work moved at a faster pace.along the line,he developed his own ideas and with enough money to execute them,his performance was very visible.now,4years have passed,the withheld allocation which played a major part in his achievement is gone and he now has to depend on IGR and PPPs.hence the perception of slow pace in his second term.
no state has the quality of public schools in lagos.in truth,the megaschools havent reached all parts of lagos but when you consider the fact that lagos is more that the entire northcentral and almost at par with the entire SE and SS in terms of population,you will understand the clamour for lagos to be granted special status.a situation where lagos gets 7billion while bayelsa gets 13billion is just not right
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by dedeike: 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2012
AngelofValor:

My fear is that GEJ will finish his whole tenure without achieving a thing. Even if he does achieve anything, there are numerous people on ground to sabotage 'em. Me thinks, the man doesn't realize what C-in-C means.
GEJ just doesn't know who to fit the "RIGHT PEG IN THE RIGHT HOLE". His appointments to-date are a sham.
Mr. Thomas, the doubting legend. Even when you have been confronted with the facts of GEJ's achievement as posted by Edicolove, you are still doubting and apportioning blames where none exist.
Except that you have sworn on oath to hate GEJ, there is absolutely nothing to warrant such allusions to " right peg in the right hole".

Please tell me any of the key ministers or DG's in this cabinet that is a square peg? I would also appreciate it if you can give me their credible alternatives.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by edicolove: 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
Delafruita:
i have lived in lagos all my life and i believe i will be a good witness to change if any exists.when oyinlola left lagos and marwa came,we didnt expect much since he was a military man and we perceived him as in the same league with rasaki and oyinlola.however,marwa suprised everyone by actually working to improve lagos.he stole our money but at least he left us with something unlike others that stole and did nothing.
when tinubu came in,lagos was a wastebin.civil service was a conduit pipe for free money.everything that should be up was down and vice versa.education was in a dilapidated state.it is to tinubu's credit that within 4 years,he provided multiple mega schools which have become a model.tinubu embarked on too many projects at once which i believe he had the mind to complete in his second term.however,his scuffle with obasanjo began and allocations were withheld till his tenure ended.it it to asiwaju's credit that IGR was increased from a paltry 500mil monthly to over 30billion and it now stands at abbout 50billion.
when fashola came in,he mainly continued with tinubu's project like BRT and the light rail project.he was also lucky to receive the withheld allocations from yar'adua hence work moved at a faster pace.along the line,he developed his own ideas and with enough money to execute them,his performance was very visible.now,4years have passed,the withheld allocation which played a major part in his achievement is gone and he now has to depend on IGR and PPPs.hence the perception of slow pace in his second term.
no state has the quality of public schools in lagos.in truth,the megaschools havent reached all parts of lagos but when you consider the fact that lagos is more that the entire northcentral and almost at par with the entire SE and SS in terms of population,you will understand the clamour for lagos to be granted special status.a situation where lagos gets 7billion while bayelsa gets 13billion is just not right

This is getting really interesting. At least we learn everyday so can you please tell us the mega schools that Fashola built? You seem to forget Lagos is one place where people can monitor.

Secondly, you contradicted yourself when you said the IGR has has increased and then went on to say work was slow because of funds. If the IGR has increased to staggering N50B, isn't work supposed to increase too?

I actually thought Tinubu was going to do well in his first term and supported him back then but I think the guy became carried away by his quest to be the Yoruba leader and became distracted. Tinubu was the same way Rochas is now. A lot of talk and promise. But in the end, little work done. I hope Rochas will not end up the same way
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Ofido(m): 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
edicolove: While I think scoring GEJ now will be too early, I can jumpstart that with the following:

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works, dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha, 9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70.

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers. Farmers database is being compiled nationwide and improved seedlings are being distributed to them.

The power roadmap is on as you know and PHCN has been unbundled. The PIB has been sent to the NASS and is expected to be passed into law as soon as it scales the NASS.

Like I said, we hope he succeeds for the benefit of Nigeria but I will prefer to start accessing him at least, after 2 to 3 years.

NOW WHO ELSE VE GOT TALK
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by izzo22: 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
rman: Why is it that GEJ supporters always try to make Fashola look bad all the time?

All you have to do is make compelling arguments for your subject.

If they are not being biased at all, they will see that Lagos may have commissioned more projects than the FG in the last one year.
Mention one nah?
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Eziachi: 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2012
moderatorr: 2 early to rate him smiley
I take it you haven't heard about what is called 1st hundred day in most democracies? There are 7 x 100 day already, minus Yar Adua's left over.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Eziachi: 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2012
dedeike:
Mr. Thomas, the doubting legend. Even when you have been confronted with the facts of GEJ's achievement as posted by Edicolove, you are still doubting and apportioning blames where none exist.
Except that you have sworn on oath to hate GEJ, there is absolutely nothing to warrant such allusions to " right peg in the right hole".

Please tell me any of the key ministers or DG's in this cabinet that is a square peg? I would also appreciate it if you can give me their credible alternatives.
All his quota and federal character ministers and the credible alternative can be you and why not? Unless you think you're useless.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by adconline(m): 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2012
Please stop this NONSENSE:
Onitsha Owerri road was awarded by OBJ to Julius Berger and CCC. JB completed their portion while 3C was learning on the job before Yar'dua and GEJ came into power.
Enugu Onitsha was awarded by OBJ, there is no meaning or tangible work going on that road. CCC is sleeping on the job. It's a death trap.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by omosexy1: 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
@edicolove I wonder where the mega school are please help me ask the question very well. @Delafruita Tinubu legalize Area boys and social miscreant in Lagos, siphoned the State funds. Lagos has peculiar problems (traffic, conjestion, pollution, social miscreants, lawlessness e.t.c) For a decade and 2 year Tinubu and Fashola cannot solve these problems.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Dhelake: 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
Elueme: @ OP, where are u from? It's your type that steers unnecessay tantrums on nairaland thread.. Can you say wat world class project d said Fashola commissioned in his fisrt 400 days in office? Don't you think it's too prcocious for this assessement? You read in the news everyday about ongoing works and reforms y not give little time before coming up wit this? Mayb in your village u plant cassava and harvest on d same day
as at 400days. BRT had started operations in lagos ...
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Delafruita(m): 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2012
edicolove:

This is getting really interesting. At least we learn everyday so can you please tell us the mega schools that Fashola built? You seem to forget Lagos is one place where people can monitor.

Secondly, you contradicted yourself when you said the IGR has has increased and then went on to say work was slow because of funds. If the IGR has increased to staggering N50B, isn't work supposed to increase too?

I actually thought Tinubu was going to do well in his first term and supported him back then but I think the guy became carried away by his quest to be the Yoruba leader and became distracted. Tinubu was the same way Rochas is now. A lot of talk and promise. But in the end, little work done. I hope Rochas will not end up the same way
tinubu did well in his first when you take into account the fact that he was almost entirely dependent on federal allocation.as for megaschools,you dont really need to feign ignorance.the structures adorn many of the public schools in lagos.when we say megaschools,its not the establishment of new schools but the upgrade of old schools with mega structures.my mum has been a teacher for almost 30years so i am quite conversant with the public school system.even if i dont know of all schools,i know of the schools where she has taught and 5 of them have the mega schools.and thats for places where my mum has taught alone.some were built by tinubu and fashola sustained the trend.
i see you conveniently didnt have a rebuttal for your ebele squandering over 30trillion on those "achievements" you listed
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by TrueNaijaguy: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2012
Revolva: GEJ is a mistake and nigerians have seen it we and especially the niger deltans have now to see that its not by tribe ok see how the man is driving the nation into and he can't fight the boko boiz ,and he is the boss,

What pains me in this his regime is the fuel subsidy removal a big scam and hoax there was no subsidy in it , how can you subsidize what you produce abundantly shame who are they decieving

I don't really understand your statement. What is it we are producing on abundance that we are subsidising? Refined petroleum or crude oil. Pls mark the difference. If you are talking about refined products i do not know how you blame GEJ for the subsidy galore cos he tried to stop it in January but people nearly brought this country to a standstill.

He listened and suspended his programme. Now hes doing everything possible to make us refine products abundantly so we won't need to import and pay subsidies. Work will commence in October on our existing refineries while a foreign company have already signed an agreement to build six refineries in some parts of the country with two to be operational in the next 12 months. Lets not forget the Petroleum Industrial Bill that he just presented to the National Assembly for consideration. GEJ should be commended not condemned. #longlivenaija
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Delafruita(m): 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
omosexy1: @edicolove I wonder where the mega school are please help me ask the question very well. @Delafruita Tinubu legalize Area boys and social miscreant in Lagos, siphoned the State funds. Lagos has peculiar problems (traffic, conjestion, pollution, social miscreants, lawlessness e.t.c) For a decade and 2 year Tinubu and Fashola cannot solve these problems.
are miscreant peculiar to lagos?its a worldwide problem.i really think it was a wise step to make the area boys organized.adorning them with uniforms and controllling their operations has reduced the scale of their in-fighting.they are still thugs and that might be difficult to change but for now,tthey conduct their business with commercial bus drivers and conductors.
traffic is a problem the world over.and if i may say,the traffic situation has improved in many parts of lagos.though the rush hour traffic is one that might remain till jesus comes.
if by polllution you meant waste management then lagos state government has dealt with that.gone are the days when there were heaps of refuse by the roadsides.there is now compulsory sanitation in markets every thursday morning.on the overall lagos is cleaner than it used to be
i wonder what you meant by congestion.i wont even dignify that with a response
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by osajojo(m): 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
If na only ore road him do then I fit trust am. Hope it isn't fashola dats reinforcing the 3rd mainland bridge, its GEJ. There was a comunity in edo precisely in auchi where there bridge was eroded he fixed it. The presidency is funding nddc and they r working. Work is going on on the onitsha enugu xpress way its GEJ. He is distributing texts books all over the country abi na for free him get the book. More work ongoing in abuja. I think to some xtent we should jus allow him. I bliv in his energy sector reform and I know it wud work before he livs. I hv stopped criticising him. Needless to say that the misfortune nigerians face daily is directly cus of the ineptitude of their governors. Lastly the 6 univerisities yaradua started and the 3 he added hav taken off. Plz swear that this isn't enuf
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Delafruita(m): 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2012
TrueNaijaguy:

I don't really understand your statement. What is it we are producing on abundance that we are subsidising? Refined petroleum or crude oil. Pls mark the difference. If you are talking about refined products i do not know how you blame GEJ for the subsidy galore cos he tried to stop it in January but people nearly brought this country to a standstill.

He listened and suspended his programme. Now hes doing everything possible to make us refine products abundantly so we won't need to import and pay subsidies. Work will commence in October on our existing refineries while a foreign company have already signed an agreement to build six refineries in some parts of the country with two to be operational in the next 12 months. Lets not forget the Petroleum Industrial Bill that he just presented to the National Assembly for consideration. GEJ should be commended not condemned. #longlivenaija
i have realised its no use rebutting ignorant morons like you
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Delafruita(m): 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2012
osajojo: If na only ore road him do then I fit trust am. Hope it isn't fashola dats reinforcing the 3rd mainland bridge, its GEJ. There was a comunity in edo precisely in auchi where there bridge was eroded he fixed it. The presidency is funding nddc and they r working. Work is going on on the onitsha enugu xpress way its GEJ. He is distributing texts books all over the country abi na for free him get the book. More work ongoing in abuja. I think to some xtent we should jus allow him. I bliv in his energy sector reform and I know it wud work before he livs. I hv stopped criticising him. Needless to say that the misfortune nigerians face daily is directly cus of the ineptitude of their governors. Lastly the 6 univerisities yaradua started and the 3 he added hav taken off. Plz swear that this isn't enuf
of course its enough to have expended over 30trillion on
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by kingparagon1: 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2012
floriana: TOP 5:

1. The Gitto Construzioni Anglican church in otuoke

2. Patience Jonathan Permanent Secretary. appointment project

3. Chinco energy saving bulb

4. Aso rock Cassava bread

5. The presidential media chat project.
ah, aaahhaaaa! u wan kill sumbody wit laughta. Gej carry go jare, 2nd is sure wit ur BH boyz...ahaaa
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by osajojo(m): 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2012
Delafruita:
of course its enough to have expended over 30trillion on

Haba 30trillion, I don't need to investigate it u exargarrated it.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by warrior01: 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
The unbiased truth is that nothing spectacular is happening in lagos state today. Fashola is only enjoying media goodwill and patronage hence the unprecedented propaganda. If he has really performed in the educational sector, how come you and i are still sending our children to private schools notwithstanding the so called mega schools and structures? As of today, the local govt administrations in lagos are in a comatose state as there is no visible development going on. Most inner city roads are a no go area, the govt has failed woefully in the housing sector and let me ask; do you enjoy public water supply in your area or you provide your own water despite the huge IGR? No doubt fashola is a gentleman but in terms of performance, i think he is highly overrated.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Kobojunkie: 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2012
Like I said . . .

I can state that 99% of them are labeled "in progress" to date . . . so you might want to wait another 6 months like he said, if you are looking for tangible evidence of development.

[size=14pt]Anyone telling you otherwise is LYING TO YOU.

Jonathan Goodluck himself went on National TV 3 TIMES to admit that his administration has not done anything to show yet, Each time he has told the Nigerian people to wait to see what he has been working on. The last time he asked us to wait till 2013.
Anyone giving you epistles of what the man has done is only LYING TO YOU.
[/size]
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by warrior01: 11:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
Kobojunkie: Like I said . . .

I can state that 99% of them are labeled "in progress" to date . . . so you might want to wait another 6 months like he said, if you are looking for tangible evidence of development.

Jonathan Goodluck himself went on National TV 3 TIMES to admit that his administration has not done anything to show yet, Each time he has told the Nigerian people to wait to see what he has been working on. The last time he asked us to wait till 2013.
[/size]
do you live in nigeria? If no, then, how do you know that the so called 'epistles' are lies without you being on ground to asses them? I doff my hat for the road constructed from Abakaliki to Ogoja; it was really awesome
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by bigmaut: 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
;DAtleast he organise a media chat where he told nigerians he dont give a damn.he couldnt visit borno b/c it is not safe.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by jmaine: 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2012
warrior01:
do you live in nigeria? If no, then, how do you know that the so called 'epistles' are lies without you being on ground to asses them? [size=14pt]I doff my hat for the road constructed from Abakaliki to Ogoja; it was really awesome [/size]

On a serious note, has this notorious road being fixed undecided . . . . .cos it's was such a huge headache passing that route . . .
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Kobojunkie: 2:22am On Jul 23, 2012
warrior01:
do you live in nigeria? If no, then, how do you know that the so called 'epistles' are lies without you being on ground to asses them? I doff my hat for the road constructed from Abakaliki to Ogoja; it was really awesome

For the umpteenth time, you do not have to live in Nigeria to know what the Government itself is saying of it's own projects. FOI Exists and with it you have access to details of all projects going on in Nigeria today.

Again . . .
Kobojunkie: Like I said . . .

[/size]
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by munky(m): 2:50am On Jul 23, 2012
Anybody singing the praise of GEJ has never left the shores of Nigeria. I am not expecting a miracle as regards infrastructural developments. These things take time. Comparing Fashola to GEJ does not do any of them justice. Each of these leaders has different size of fish to fry.

However, the issue of corruption and insecurity does not need ages to address. Budget implementation is about 40%, cronyism in every part of the federation, corruption everywhere. It is either GEJ performs or not. If there is no change in 3 years, it is safe to say there wont be much change after 8 years.

And please all these projects that are being peddled as GEJ's achievements, We need proofs (Pictures and Videos). We cannot rely on hearsay anymore. I cant believe anything Labaran Maku or Rueben Abati say.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by emiye(m): 4:00am On Jul 23, 2012
edicolove:

First I didn't say first to do cassava bread, but first to have a well defined agric policy. The last time we had something close to this kind of drive in agriculture was in 1977 during OBJ's first regime. But it wasn't followed thru.

I will be stup1d to come here and tell you GEJ's administration is faultless. Only ACN and Fashola supprters do that to their governors. I said clearly in the other threads on governors that they were all corrupt. All of them. But I only showed you that there are several ongoing projects to look at while stressing seriously that it is too early to judge him. He could turn out a mega success or a mega failure. I have a feeling the former will be the case but time will tell.

Can you please shut up about this "well defined agric policy" ? is that part of the project commissioned?

Na today nigeria dey get "well defined agric policy"? he don tey !

Green Revolution .... Operation feed the nation ..... Food for all ..... Better life for rural women.......

They were all "well defined agric policy" at one point or the other in Nigeria's history.

Hey !, Are you simply dumb or being paid?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girls Should Me Careful This Period / External Reserves Hit 11-year Low Of $24.21bn / "Buhari Is Fit To Work" - Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.