Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (896352 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
highwayson:
Please I need urgent help. My Honda pilot 2007 misbehaves after being driven for about two to three hours. It will not move fast upon acceleration and will be making some noise. And most times if I switch off the engine it will not start again until I wait for about one hour. Someone suggested it could be fuel pump issues but I am not sure.
Is your check engine light on?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by highwayson: 9:44am On Nov 22, 2018
Namzy:

Is your check engine light on?

Yes it is on in the dashboard.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jomandi13(m): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
alushkimo:

Evening, pls I bought a Nigerian used 07 accord. What advice would you give abt preventive maintenance on this car. First experience with Honda tho.
In my own case,I want to use it for Uber.Expecting into the country by next month.What do you think?
Cc:-
LUVVINGHUBBY,
GAZZUZZ etc
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:38pm On Nov 26, 2018
Jomandi13:

In my own case,I want to use it for Uber.Expecting into the country by next month.What do you think?
Cc:-
LUVVINGHUBBY,
GAZZUZZ etc

Engine size max 1.8liter if you are serious about e-hailing.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

I use a Honda 2006 model. I’ve been having this constant issues with car overheating when I switch on the AC. However, it is every important to note that I’ve done everything possible to to rectify this anomaly. Basically, all necessary cooling stuffs are working. The fan is working perfect (2 fans), I’ve had the radiator washed out (which is a double cell radiator).. But the car overheats while the Ac is On still. It sometimes goes off while in motion.. I’ve to switch off the AC and after a minute or two, car picks off.

Highlight

1) Car overheating inspites having the fan working perfect, double cell radiator watched out recently, and as well as radiator coolant. It’s important to note that the fan Belt is working perfect.

2) When the AC is on, if the car doesn’t overheat in motion, it sometimes goes off abruptly. Until I switch off the AC and wait for few minutes before it picks up.

I’ve spent lot of money on trial and error mechanics but not sure what the exact cause might be. I’m considering changing the Fuel pump but I don’t wanna waste money since the exact cause isn’t identified yet.

Kindly help cause the weather is hot and need 24/7 AC while driving. Thanks in advance...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jomandi13(m): 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Engine size max 1.8liter if you are serious about e-hailing.
Thanks so much for the advice,much appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2018
pls my accord 1999 is showing....the check icon on the dash board.what do I do pls
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2018
Evans211:
Hello everyone,

I use a Honda 2006 model. I’ve been having this constant issues with car overheating when I switch on the AC. However, it is every important to note that I’ve done everything possible to to rectify this anomaly. Basically, all necessary cooling stuffs are working. The fan is working perfect (2 fans), I’ve had the radiator washed out (which is a double cell radiator).. But the car overheats while the Ac is On still. It sometimes goes off while in motion.. I’ve to switch off the AC and after a minute or two, car picks off.

Highlight

1) Car overheating inspites having the fan working perfect, double cell radiator watched out recently, and as well as radiator coolant. It’s important to note that the fan Belt is working perfect.

2) When the AC is on, if the car doesn’t overheat in motion, it sometimes goes off abruptly. Until I switch off the AC and wait for few minutes before it picks up.

I’ve spent lot of money on trial and error mechanics but not sure what the exact cause might be. I’m considering changing the Fuel pump but I don’t wanna waste money since the exact cause isn’t identified yet.

Kindly help cause the weather is hot and need 24/7 AC while driving. Thanks in advance...
Had someone experience similar issues on his Honda car, ended up being an issue with his ac compressor
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:18pm On Nov 26, 2018
Aaaaarghmed:
pls my accord 1999 is showing....the check icon on the dash board.what do I do pls
Do a scan first, don't do guess work.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:52pm On Nov 26, 2018
luvinhubby:

Had someone experience similar issues on his Honda car, ended up being an issue with his ac compressor

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Syber(m): 10:24pm On Nov 26, 2018
Hey luvinhubby

How much is a 2013 Honda CRV Engine (4Plugs) both complete and "borale"

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 28, 2018
Dont know if this is the right place but hope help can be provided.I drive the 2010 Acura MDX Advance.the problem now is this nylon like cover that is used to cover part of the bonnet and the front lamp.due to the intensity of the sun they are getting brittle and dirty.Can it be removed if yes how

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2018
highwayson:

Yes it is on in the dashboard.
Sorry about late reply you should scan your car and post the codes here for help or online with your car model to interpret the codes. Find someone to do it and in the near future buy a bluetooth car scanner for less than N2000 from AliExpress and scan and do the diagnosis yourself
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2018
Aaaaarghmed:
Scan the car na
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Maganbad: 3:47am On Nov 29, 2018
Hello I need the aluminum shiner that is usually in front of the bonnet, untop the grille for my Honda city 2007 model.

Where can I get it please? I am willing to transport it to either PH or Abuja.
Please check the attached Pic to know what I mean. Gazzuzz luvinhubby

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Better prepare some Christmas things for bros, may likely pass by.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 30, 2018
My car dash board is showing 15% oil life and spanner sign, i am afraid starting the car now, i need help please.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jamesope04(m): 6:22am On Dec 01, 2018
Good morning. I want to replace an Honda accord 2001 AC compressor. Like how much should I be getting ready?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2018
Can i use mobil 1 for my honda 07.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Thewrath(m): 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2018
luvinhubby:

Better prepare some Christmas things for bros, may likely pass by.
Hello @luvinhubby and @ gazzuzz.
Pls I need your inputs on my 05 eod..
The car is manual,I feel vibration when I accelerate the car ONLY when the car is warmed up,when it's cold it drives smooth..
The vibration is only upon acceleration when the car is warm..

Mech has examined engine seats and Inner cups to be fine..
Am low on gear oil though,don't know if that can cause it?

Scan also shows cylinder 5 misfire.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:47pm On Dec 01, 2018
Thewrath:

Hello @luvinhubby and @ gazzuzz.
Pls I need your inputs on my 05 eod..
The car is manual,I feel vibration when I accelerate the car ONLY when the car is warmed up,when it's cold it drives smooth..
The vibration is only upon acceleration when the car is warm..

Mech has examined engine seats and Inner cups to be fine..
Am low on gear oil though,don't know if that can cause it?

Scan also shows cylinder 5 misfire.

solve the misfire.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2018
uncle005:
Can i use mobil 1 for my honda 07.

Better use a Synthetic blend or semi synthetic oil

5W-20 or 30.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Thewrath(m): 10:53pm On Dec 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

solve the misfire.
Thank you sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 03, 2018
luvinhubby:

Better use a Synthetic blend or semi synthetic oil

5W-20 or 30.
I saw mobil1 5W-30 is it ok or should i use any sythentic oil?

But really surprise at this development, did servicing 2 months ago with Honda synthetic blend.

Surprise to see spanner sign and 15% oil life now, only drove for 903km since i bought the car.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by citizen202(m): 11:23pm On Dec 03, 2018
hello house does any1 know about how the permanent wielding of Honda ball joints,? I've heard people say the have done it and thr Honda does not pull out no more ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Panayo: 8:56pm On Dec 05, 2018
How much is EOD tokunbo engine 2004
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Thewrath(m): 11:03pm On Dec 07, 2018
Oga Luvinhubby,do you have gear selector cable for 05 Honda Accord,manual transmission? How much is it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
Please I took my car in to get the timing checked and the Mech must have mistakenly cracked the timing chain case. He later welded it and is fixing it in right now.

Please is this something that can cause me issues later? Can I buy another case? How much is it?

luvinhubby
Gazzuzz
Kingreign

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2018
lilkech:
Please I took my car in to get the timing checked and the Mech must have mistakenly cracked the timing chain case. He later welded it and is fixing it in right now.

Please is this something that can cause me issues later? Can I buy another case? How much is it?

luvinhubby
Gazzuzz
Kingreign

welding unnecessary, cover available in market.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2018
uncle005:
I saw mobil1 5W-30 is it ok or should i use any sythentic oil?

But really surprise at this development, did servicing 2 months ago with Honda synthetic blend.

Surprise to see spanner sign and 15% oil life now, only drove for 903km since i bought the car.

time and engine running hours are also factored in.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

welding unnecessary, cover available in market.

Thanks boss. I appreciate.

Now it’s for luvinhubby to tell me how much it might cost
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afeez20(m): 6:38am On Dec 09, 2018
Hello Oga Gazzuzz and other pros in the house oo.
My Honda CRV 00 doesn't shift gear anymore.i just got the
car (Naija used) and everything was working fine until my recent trip
when passersby called my attention to oil gush from underneath the car
while inside lasgidi traffic...i parked the car luckily my mecho was with me,
he did some first aid fixing,got some oil to enable us drive the car home.
next day on way to drop car for mechanic(10mins drive) for permanent fix,
i perceived burnt smell.mechanic said the hose that links transmission to
radiator for cooling transmission is the culprit and it was changed and remedied.
new ATF bought and the car was driving well until 8days after when the car was
so sluggish in moving,mechanic said gear/transmission is gone and will need a replacement

.....i scanned the car and i got these codes.... then i checked online and i got this descriptions..

P0501 powertrain,vehicle speed sensor

PO135 O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank1 sensor1

P1337 crankshaft speed fluctuation

PO141 circuit to duo sensor.bank0 sensor2

P0514 Battery temperature sensor circuit

please kindly assisst me oo

GAZZUZZ:

time and engine running hours are also factored in.

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.