Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889619 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2012
@lacasa
Check your engine mountings (especially the front & back), also ask your mechanic to examine your shaft cups for wears, this is the inner end of the completet shaft that is plunged into the gear box on both sides, if your car does not stall or jerk on acceleration, then it cannot be fuel pump.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oc2fish: 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2012
Please help I drive a Honderbulldog; Each time i on the A/C the car viberate until i put it off and if i insist on living it runing the engine will
switch of espercially if the car is not in motion. My mechanic recomend change of engine sitting which i have done but the problem persist. I will
be happy for tip on how to deal with this.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bigheads(m): 12:27pm On Jul 22, 2012
I do not understand Billyonaire's comment on this topic, I know you are just a church rat that answers billyonaire. Why do you thing that Honda rides are for starters. Honda rides are more expensive than most rides of the same status. Check out autotraders.com or the yahooauto and compare prices. Let us know the car you drive and stop jangling all the time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olajide8(m): 12:33pm On Jul 22, 2012
kaecy5: you are just a bleeped up dreamer. i know u dont have a bicycle.

even when you drive a V6 crosstour, because of the body size you feel the car drives empty, the engine is not in control of the body. there is this drag and lack of power you experience. unlike the power you feel driving a V6 Accord or even an I4 car.

More Tips - when u hear occasional right front side noise don't be too in a hurry to change shocks, ball joint, combination bushing. most times it is your right Engine seating that is worn and u wont know cos there is a rubber cover over it. the simple way to check is shake you engine if it moves then it is engine seating. cos a good engine seating would not allow your engine rock when u shake it.
Just noticed something with my EOD, I have done the balancing and alignment severally but once I take off theirs this vibrations as if my tyre's are bad, I saw the engine seat have worn out, when I changed my brakes but I hope its only the engine seat that can cause this, and when I want to move it just doesn't want to attain maximum speed, only gradually, they were telling me it the transmission oil, any other idea's? I don't want to start spending aimlessly, less I forget any electrical person in the house
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by micklplus(m): 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
Very great thread!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Harbb: 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
This is a nice thread.
I have a baby boy. of late it started showing me "maintenance Req'd" on the dashboard. It started with flashing this maintenance req'd until its permanently ON now. When it started, I thought it needed servicing. I did the servicing including checking the plugs and the nozzles, but the indicator won't go off. I hate seeing that indicator. Any hint on what to do next?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2012
RICHIE BOI: Transmission gear oil gauge. this should be checked too and topped if its short. The radiator water should also be checked in the morning before starting the car.

the means you have a problem already

cooliant and oil should checked once in while that depends on your travel eg you can check after ever 200 kms or every month not every morning before starting the car

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bugmenot: 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2012
Harbb: This is a nice thread.
I have a baby boy. of late it started showing me "maintenance Req'd" on the dashboard. It started with flashing this maintenance req'd until its permanently ON now. When it started, I thought it needed servicing. I did the servicing including checking the plugs and the nozzles, but the indicator won't go off. I hate seeing that indicator. Any hint on what to do next?

You'll have to reset the maint req'd light manually to start a new cycle. Google for instructions to reset it, I'm sure you'll find them easily.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2012
lacasa: Hello all,

i drive a. 2k5 honda accord, ii αve a problem.

While i'm driving i notice dat after i slow down or wen i want ϯo re-accelerate sometimes, the engine vibrates (shakes) until i lift my foot off the throttle completely, bt wen i put my foot back on the throttle it moves normally.

i thought it was the spark plugs causing this, but i've changed the 4 plugs with new ones but it still does same.

a mechanic said it's probably from the fuel pump.

Any ideas wat it is

try to also clean the throttle body and put and addictive in fuel to clean the injectors

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dougivilla(m): 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2012

While i'm driving i notice dat after i slow down or wen i want ϯo re-accelerate sometimes, the engine vibrates (shakes) until i lift my foot off the throttle completely, bt wen i put my foot back on the throttle it moves normally.

i thought it was the spark plugs causing this, but i've changed the 4 plugs with new ones but it still does same.

Any ideas wat it is
Pls check d fuel pump or injector nozzles or d injector itself. Regards

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dougivilla(m): 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2012
oc2fish: Please help I drive a Honderbulldog; Each time i on the A/C the car viberate until i put it off and if i insist on living it runing the engine will
switch of espercially if the car is not in motion. My mechanic recomend change of engine sitting which i have done but the problem persist. I will
let ur mechanic raise d fire of d engine it'l stop

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jdiadem: 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2012
@ lacasa
it's most likely your inner shaft cup.
had exactly same problem.
i changed almost every arm until luvvinhubby convinced me. contact him he sells those stuff.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steffans(m): 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2012

Any ideas wat it is

am guessing ur gear box has started having problmz... lipsrsealed
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steffans(m): 2:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
oc2fish: Please help I drive a Honderbulldog; Each time i on the A/C the car viberate until i put it off and if i insist on living it runing the engine will

it happened to me wen i was usin a honda civic 2001 model..sorry to say ur engine is getting weak...u need a new one....is it shortening ur engine oilcheck and let me knw!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:24pm On Jul 22, 2012
dougivilla: Pls check d fuel pump or injector nozzles or d injector itself. Regards

just adding on checking the fuel pump the best way is to pressure test fuel system and based ont the figure from the manufacturer
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lacasa: 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2012
luvinhubby: @lacasa
Check your engine mountings (especially the front & back), also ask your mechanic to examine your shaft cups for wears, this is the inner end of the completet shaft that is plunged into the gear box on both sides, if your car does not stall or jerk on acceleration, then it cannot be fuel pump.

Τнαηкƨ 4 Ūя̲̅ reply.

Dats exactly my point, it jerks on acceleration sometimes until i release then accelerate again.

#.. Will check the shaft cups as u said though
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lacasa: 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
@all dat replied ma post, Τнαηкƨ 4 replying.

Will surely follow through on all Ūя̲̅ advice.

Τнαηкƨ again
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2012
@olajide
@Lacasa

i drive the 2007 Accord, let me tell you what causes engine to vibrate

1. there are 4 seatings for ur accord 2003 - 2007 model, the front back left and right. the hiding culprit is the right under the battery and the left covered with rubber head

to test is simple, when ur engine is off try shaking it with ur hand, if it moves while ur car is off then u have the answer. most likely the left and right engine seats are off.

when u buy plugs try buy platinum plug or regular NGK, i prefer platinum plugs although more expensive but they a bastardly sharp, it is like the car talks to me when i am driving.

now for the mechanic to tell u fuel pump it is a BIG LIE. how do u know? if it is fuel pump ur car jerks, and when u fire the accelerator to the ground it wont pick then suddenly it may pick. honda tolerates injector cleaners u can use that to clean ur engine so u can go the filling station let them filter ur fuel first,

i have bought bad fuel in lagos once my car could not move but i took it to the guys to run the fuel thru the fuel cleaner and the car cam back to live. the fuel pump of a honda does not die as fast as that of a benz 200 or mazda 626 i can tell u with experience. check other things b4 u condem fuel pump.

and fix ur engine seat/mount fast if not u r joking with ur transmission

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
@olajide

please kindly explain more i did not quite get what you are saying.

now for every one, if u are driving at up to 100Km/hr or 120km/hr and above and when u hit the brakes u feel the vibration on the steering almost caring your hand away

well i am afraid to tell u that lack of regular change of brake pad or use of fake brake pad have bent ur drive disk, u may have to change the front disk. a little bit expensive sha, and make sure u look for the original brake pad which of course is difficult to find

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2012
@oc2fish:
te first question is 1. the AC in ur car is it factory fitted? if not u may have fitted your car with an over sized compressor that is heavier than your engine
2. try and sell the car fast your engine is becoming weak that it cant take the AC
3. ur engine needs re-tuning, if ur engine is getting old and idling under 0.8 makes it to go off, u may want to re-tune it to 1.0 but the disadvantage is it consumes more fuel. normally if u have the right AC compressor when u turn it on it raises the engine from .5 to .8 or even 1.0 to allow the car idle properly
4. use engine tester to find out the exact error code and stop try by error.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by pannyman(m): 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2012

You should have the throttle body cleaned. All you need is a spray can of carburettor cleaner or injector cleaner and a piece of cloth. The throttle body is at the end of the big hose that leads from the air filter.

Undo the hose from the throttle body and spray inside the throttle body with the cleaner and wait a few minutes before wiping it clean, then couple it back and start your engine.

What's happening is that your engine is starved of oxygen because there is too much dust in the throttle body. Also clean your air filter.

Total cost of this operation should not be more than 1500 naira.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olajide8(m): 3:49pm On Jul 22, 2012
kaecy5: @olajide

please kindly explain more i did not quite get what you are saying.

now for every one, if u are driving at up to 100Km/hr or 120km/hr and above and when u hit the brakes u feel the vibration on the steering almost caring your hand away

well i am afraid to tell u that lack of regular change of brake pad or use of fake brake pad have bent ur drive disk, u may have to change the front disk. a little bit expensive sha, and make sure u look for the original brake pad which of course is difficult to find
No it doesn't happen when I am at that speed, but during the rise to that speed. I just touched/shook it had to jerk it up and it shaking would get into the workshop soonest
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2012
@oc2fish
Your engine may not be weak, try changing your complete inhection system, the nozzles inclusive and you'll see a change.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:50pm On Jul 22, 2012
On the issue of frequent arm problems with Honda four(4) things can cause that in honda cars.1, Ball joints 2, Tie-rod ends & socket 3, Upper arm 4, Shaft head.

Any one or combination with others can lead to arm failure.

The major cause is the massive influx of inferior low grade China parts into the Honda parts market, reason being it's high profit margin to my Igbo brothers. As often as you service your car, ask the mechanic check on your ball joints, tie-rods, C.V.Joints and upper arm and if need be, replace with original new ones. Same thing also for brake pads.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2012
olajide_07:
No it doesn't happen when I am at that speed, but during the rise to that speed. I just touched/shook it had to jerk it up and it shaking would get into the workshop soonest

Dude. It has to be wheel balancing and or alignment. Take ur CAR to AP fillingstation opposite leventis Apapa. Coming from costain to apapa, u will find it on the right. Let them do ur wheel balancing and alignment. U will feel the difference.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bonysmile: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
numen: My Maintenance Tips:

1.) Change Engine Oil every 3000km (I use Mobil)
2.) Use Oando's Dexron II for the Gear Box (Abro will knock your gear) - (already mentioned)
3.) While driving be mindful not to always turn the steering to the last possible angle(helps the shaft)
4.) If you have an open roof, periodically clean the drainage hole to avoid water leaking into the car
5.) Vibrating Sound infront of the car? Check your engine sitting(already mentioned)
6.) Your single pipe radiator which used to work might not be the cause of your current over-heating...Check your water pump!
7.) Your car is not accelerating according to pedal pressure? Timing Belt might be the culprit.

Just my 2cents guys. Hope this helps someone. I luv this thread like I luv my Honda.
Nice tips. Tnx. Can u help with more tips like
1. The steering of my 2008 Accord vibrates esp when my speed gets 2 about 80km/h n above.
2. When is it advised 2 replace timing belt and plugs? I have just above 40k on d trip counter.
Tnx.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tonyx4x44(m): 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2012
bigfat01: true talk
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by numen(m): 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2012
Guys my Honda baby boy is over heating...especially when am on AC. The mechanic suggested I should change my Radiator from single pipe to double...But the way the temperature gauge behaves is making me think otherwise.

If I am accelerating or trying to climb a hill, the temperature rises with it. When i am descending the hill without much acceleration, the temperature gradually drops.

I changed the water pump last month and am suspecting the water pump is malfunctioning if I throttle down.

I need your suggestions guys on a possible culprit.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2012
@bonysmile
Check your tie-rod ends, low arm bushings, stabilizer links and bushings. Then do your alignment.
It is recommended you change your timing belt every 3-5 yrs & plugs once a year.
Try changing your shaft hose every 6 months to prevent tear and allow sand into the drive shaft that will grind the shaft and damage it.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by webmastern(m): 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2012
Very nice thread.

My 99 accord transmission behaves thus:
Gear selection works fine but when I hit 60km and upwards and maybe approaching a bump or traffic light, at the point of bringing the car to a stop to enable me climb the bump or stop at the traffic light, i get this heavy jack only once. Changed all engine seats and tranasmission fluid severally to no avail. Mech says to change the transmission. Any suggestions Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2012
webmastern: Very nice thread.

My 99 accord transmission behaves thus:
Gear selection works fine but when I hit 60km and upwards and maybe approaching a bump or traffic light, at the point of bringing the car to a stop to enable me climb the bump or stop at the traffic light, i get this heavy jack only once. Changed all engine seats and tranasmission fluid severally to no avail. Mech says to change the transmission. Any suggestions Thanks.
Change your drive switch, your gear has a problem transmitting when deccelerating.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.